Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This (9542 Views)

My Thoughts On The Worthless Death-bed Repentance. / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Don't Compromise, God Is Banking On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
This has been brought to my concern because i just found out that so many categories of people are planning to use this "joker" at the last minute.

Let me be more clear on this by giving instances:

1. Christians cannot pray or even do their business as christians properly - so in short, they live like atheists, and plan to repent at the last minute.

2. People in other religion that though the know that the teachings of christ is the way, but they continue as they have always been, and plan to repent at last minute.

3. People involved in withcraft, satanism, and other form of occultism - that if they live, they will get killed ASAP. plan last minute repentance.

4. Atheists - some of them know the truth but deny it, but plan to repent at the last minute.

5. Hardenend criminals on deathrow, just before they get executed (afteral they dont have anything to lose)

6. Pastors who use our tithes and offerings to enrich themselves

7. And so many others.

Many people are very familiar with the gospel of the thief on the cross, and plan to use it as their gate-away.

Well, is this going to work or it is sheer waste of time?

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
Yes it will work..!

God will never act against his word.. Make his word a standard for your life..

3 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
^^^that is good. oya now, where are all them pastors sef? make them come enlighten us.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Atheists do not believe in your fairtale afterlife and neither do they plan to repent on the death bed.

Hitchens is a good example!

3 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by seyibrown(f): 12:17am On Oct 22, 2012
If their death-bed repentance is genuine, it could work ... but consider the parable in Luke 12:16 -20

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2012:%2016%20-%2020&version=NASB

[size=14pt]Luke 12:16-20[/size]
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 And He told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man was very productive. 17 And he began reasoning to himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no place to store my crops?’ 18 Then he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night [a]your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?’

Looking at this parable, it is likely that they will not get a 'literal death-bed'. Their life may be taken in a second not leaving room for the repentance they had deliberately avoided all their life. Not everyone get's the chance to know they are going to be dead in the next minute. Nevertheless, God is ever merciful.

14 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 1:13am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03: Atheists do not believe in your fairtale afterlife and neither do they plan to repent on the death bed.
Hitchens is a good example!
Well, some atheists will do so at the last minute, some have done so in the past. There are pirated atheists - just like some pirated xtians too. No condition is permanent. I have practised like 3-4 different religions at some different times in my life.

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 22, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Well, some atheists will do so at the last minute, some have done so in the past. There are pirated atheists - just like some pirated xtians too. No condition is permanent. I have practised like 3-4 different religions at some different times in my life.

4 religions?

Bros, I hail! No be small feat!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 5:06am On Oct 22, 2012
pastormustwacc, u use so much LOGIC for a xtian...
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 7:20am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:
4 religions?
Bros, I hail! No be small feat!
musKeeto: pastormustwacc, u use so much LOGIC for a xtian...
My logic comes from God, no one can mislead me because I am lead by the holy spirit himself.

Now, to deathbed penalty, i am opportuned to have seen people die in so many ways, many of them unprepared - some die in their sleep, some die in accidents, some are assasinated, some are used for ritual, some people even go into coma without warning and die in that coma, cardiac arrest is there, and so many other ways.

Did just think that whitney houston, da grin, michael jackson, those that died in the canal following explosion, those that died as a result of the september 11 event, those killed in aluu, and the floods had a chance to do any deathbed prayer?
Death can come unanounced for anybody, so many people are even killed in their sleep by the underworld.

What i am saying is that, it is not everyone that will have the opportunity of becoming very ill, know that they want to die - and start praying and repenting.

Also, the Lord Jesus will only accept genuine repentance. To some of the christians here, is it the first time you said the repentance prayer that you became born again?
Many people have demons inside them (whether they know it or not) that will prevent them from being born again (yes, i said it), except that demon be casted out first.

Think about it, i have been involved with witchcraft (many people are involved without them necessarily knowing, forget about all the rubbish you read in media) at another point in my life, and i know what it took to break-free, and i can tell you it goes more than one deliverance section, and it is not a one-day affair at all. Because the spirit of occult must leave first for you to be born again, the ties between you and the occult world must be broken, blood convenants revoked and all that, before you can be genuinely born again.

After even after getting born again, they will still punish your life, afflict you, drag you off into the astral world in your sleep, torment you, and do all sorts to bring you back, you might suffer physical assaults, and it is not everyone that can withstand this, many go back before it even escalates.

Repentance is a very big word, did you read 1 Timothy 5:24
Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.

For most people, the deathbed repentance is a sheer waste of time.

6 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 7:28am On Oct 22, 2012
seyibrown: If their death-bed repentance is genuine, it could work ... but consider the parable in Luke 12:16 -20

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2012:%2016%20-%2020&version=NASB

[size=14pt]Luke 12:16-20[/size]
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 And He told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man was very productive. 17 And he began reasoning to himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no place to store my crops?’ 18 Then he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night [a]your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?’

Looking at this parable, it is likely that they will not get a 'literal death-bed'. Their life may be taken in a second not leaving room for the repentance they had deliberately avoided all their life. Not everyone get's the chance to know they are going to be dead in the next minute. Nevertheless, God is ever merciful.
Exactly, no one knows when or how they are going to die. Jesus or the apostles did not preach the deathbed penalty as a way out. It is another lie that people wish to believe - namely - that they can sell their soul to the devil, and repent just before they die.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by peterowode: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2012
yes
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Afam4eva(m): 9:46am On Oct 22, 2012
I've always wondered too. Can a repentance on a death bed lead some one to heaven?
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by CrazyMan(m): 9:59am On Oct 22, 2012
afam4eva: I've always wondered too. Can a repentance on a death bed lead some one to heaven?
Yes it can...its very possible.

Once you confess that Jesus is lord, you're automatically a new creation.

2 Chorinthians 5:17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It doesn't matter if your confession is made on your death bed, you would definitely make heaven...God's word is true and would remain ever true.

3 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2012
Deathbed repentance...it works but remember "thou shall not tempt the Lord your God". If you know the right thing, do it and on time.

4 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by megxo(m): 10:03am On Oct 22, 2012
@op, r u also waitin 4 a 'deathbed repentance'?

grin beta start repent wo
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by stagger: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2012
A deathbed repentance will lead one to heaven. But then, who knows what his or her deathbed will be?

I know people who have died in their sleep.

For Sam Okwaraji and Mark Vivien Foe, their deathbed was in a soccer field.

For Dele Giwa, it was in his study.

For 153 passengers, it was in a Dana Air plane.

For MC Loph, it was in his car at the Benin Ore road.

For Fabrice Muamba, the soccer field was almost his deathbed.

In all these instances, death came suddenly without a chance to conduct the repentance. SO if you live your life waiting for that one last chance, the chance may pass suddenly without your ever knowing it.

Likewise, it is possible to live as a Christian, and make one last mistake that will deny you the chance of eternal life. I had cause to re-examine myself last week and found out that I was in this category, so I had to ask God for forgiveness and I also wish to use this opportunity to ask those who I have used abusive language on here on N'Land for forgiveness. Subsequently, I have decided to use gentle persuasion as opposed to aggression in arguing opinion differences.

So there you have it.

7 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2012
I'm happy for you Stagger..

Well, to me, deathbed repentance is one of the most ridiculous aspects of Christianity.. If that's all it takes to enter heaven, then wow....

Maybe I'll die by a bullet or by malaria... no plans for repentance... I wont be able to accommodate Yahweh's presence in heaven..

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2012
Too much Dopamine releases is making some people take heaven seriously. It's very funny!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by stineb1: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2012
That issue is left for God to decide.But personally i think there is no short cut to heaven.Because you need to learn heavenly attitude for you to be able to co-exist in heaven.God does not want any Lucifer minded fellow in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by rosamaris: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2012
Yes it works. sincere repentance with a contrite and broken heart for sins commited against the Lord. The blood of Jesus still cleanses whosoever is willing to come. but the problem is how do you know when or how death will come. I will advice that you dont wait to repent at the dying minute, surrender your life to Christ while you have today for tomoro may never come. Moreover the long awaited rapture will take place in the twinkle of an eye, there will be no time to quickly repent. God bless u as you decide wisely.

3 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Abujafood: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2012
Of course OP the answer is Yes!

On the Cross one of the Thieves repented and asked Jesus to remember him in Paradise. Jesus replied by saying Today you shall be with me in Paradise.

The thief repented on his "death bed" - cross and was ushered into "heaven"/paradise!

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by solomon111(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2012
I have always wondered.
But then i have read stories about demons shutting the mouth of people on their death-bed, in-order to prevent them from accepting christ.
But the other side to this story is that,what will they be looking for in heaven?
After having rejecting christ all their lives,won't they be out of place in the midst of saints who have served God all their lives.?
Would they have developed the humility,grace,love necessary for a christian to make a heaven,seeing as they only repented on their death-bed?.
All these should be considered.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2012
acidosis™:
Yes it will work..!

God will never act against his word.. Make his word a standard for your life..

So we talking about several deadly criminals in your 'heaven'? What a sensible 'god' your serve. Your god must be a very emotional dude,if you dont worship him,you will burn in hell.....what a primitive mindset!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by FrenchyL(m): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2012
It might lead to heaven but it is too risky in my opinion. The devil wont want you to have that opportunity so why not do it when one is whole and hearty

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 22, 2012
Yes, Depends its from they persons heart
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by igbsam(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2012
Use the story of the thief that was crucified with jesus christ thousand of years ago. In his last minute, he asked for forgiveness and prayed to be in paradise with christ. Here's what Jesus told him "Luke 23:42-43"." 42 And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" 43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.". If only we know when death shall come. For no man knoweth the time, day and hour. Advice is that everyone should live an upright life.

2 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by nextpart(m): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2012
I think it depends on the person concerned. If somebody is wilfully committing sins hoping to repent on deathbed, God cannot be deceived.

But if only on deathbed a person sees the need for repentance and truely repents, God will have mercy on him. This is one of the reasons there is hospital evangelism.

3 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 22, 2012
Who has seen heaven should raise the hand up! cry cry cry
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by nedu2000(m): 10:44am On Oct 22, 2012
Deathbed doesnt mean 'death on a bed' literally......the dana air plane crash,could see death coming just before impact and could've had d chance for repentance,same goes with the Aluu victims,they weren't killed instantly would've equally known at a point that this would be the end,people do die instantly but many more see death before it takes them & ‎​Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥S̶̲̥̅ they will be saved by His grace

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Umartins1(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2012
The question is:

is there HEAVEN?? And does HELL exists??
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Sagamite(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2012
According to silly, senseless, medieval fables: "Yes".
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by fm7070: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2012
Only God knows how He will judge everyone.
He is wiser than the wisest.
Do good, learn good, say good.
Religion will not take you to heaven.
Infact, religion is confusion; whatever religion it may be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! / Freemasonic Oath Taken by an Entered Apprentice / Police Arrested Pastor Odumeje Over Alleged Charm Buried In Church Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.