Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,121 members, 7,953,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing (1070 Views)

Could Sin Be The Reason For Joblessness? / Gospel Preachers Are Supposed To Be More Os Females Than Males / Dr Fireman And Nigerian Preachers Are Decieving Us (a Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
Overs the years there have been a very big increase in the number of churches and one may expect the amount of sins and unlawful and unGodly act to decrease but here the case is the reverse.
If i may ask, Why is it this way?

Many people are competing to establish n grow churches with more members but "the question is, what was their VISION AND MISSON' before they embark on establishing a church?
You can agree with me dat more than 80% of the so called founders or general oversears mission is to become one of richest and influcential person in the society/country.
Preachers this day concentrate in preaching about 'WORLDY THINGS' Instead of focusing on the spiritual upliftments of their members. And hardly will you find a preacher dis days that preaches deeply about the lifestyle of a christian and how a christian should behave, because they know that it will not motivate people to jump up and donate millions as thanks giving or even directly to the preacher. I can tell you that there are some church goers who for a period of 5years don't hear preaching about righteousnes and repentance, rather d kind of preaching d hear day by day is;
PROSPERITY
DAT YOUR FATHER DAT IS A WITCH WILL DIE
10 WAYS OF FIGHTING YOUR ENEMIES
HOW TO GET MIRACULOUS HUSBAND ETC.
When these same people the pastor is preaching to are other people's great enemy, murders, prostitutes, arm robbers and even the high corupted politicians dat we have.
All this preaching are aimed at arriving at telling the members to give to God n also take care of d servent of God. because d more give d more God gives them.
As a preacher have you ever looked at the behaviour of your member or the kind of occupation he or she is into? Some preacher knows their members who are 419,
Arm robber and even
Prostitutes
But they wil neva make a coment about dat cos d knw dat d r great beneficiaries and instead they wil tel those members that whosoever obstruct their source of income will die by thunder. And this act realy encourages christian to realy comit aborminable sin b4 God.

So please our men of God. You have a very big role to play in this world to change the situation in the world. If you see black pls tel someone u saw black. Try and live an examplary life worthy of emulation and stop pursing the pleasures of the world with great enthusiasm
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mr Moderator with due respect i think this post qualifies to be at the front page
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by tobechi74: 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
I realy agree with you..,..religion has caused more problem than it has solved.

Preachers, through their "YOUR RELATION IS A WITCH SYNDROM", have planted seed of hatred in a family leading to quarrels, saperation etc

one thing that annoys me about preachers is their isolation from other religion and even fellow christian denomination. A deeper life man can not marry a lord chosen woman except one is willing to denouse her religion for the other person.

Preachers have also performed many absurdity in the name of religion. E.g is rev king who turned his member to burnt offering.

I think if every denomination can unite and be one, these thread will stop
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
Yes o, ma broda. A church was a place of peace,unity n love but pastors have made churches place of war. How can a pastor advice a child to go and kill the mother because she's a witch. Or
what about a young lady who have abortion up to d point dat she cannot get pregnant anymore , the blame wil then be put on the parent in law by the pastor.
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
They have turned the temple of God into a den of thieves.

Jesus in the Temple
"Not long before the Jewish festival of Passover, Jesus went to Jerusalem.There he found people selling cattle, sheep, and doves in the temple. He also saw moneychangers sitting at their tables.So he took some rope and made a whip. Then he chased everyone out of the temple, together with their sheep and cattle. He turned over the tables of the moneychangers and scattered their coins.Jesus said to the people who had been selling doves, “Get those doves out of here! Don't make my Father's house a marketplace.” The disciples then remembered that the Scriptures say, “My love for your house burns in me like a fire.” - John 2:13-17
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
Recently i read in a newspaper how a pastor was keeping weapons for his members who are armed robbers
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 12:14am On Jul 11, 2012
May God serve us.
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by jackima: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
End time 4 true. The love of many shall wax cold, many will become lovers of themseifs, even d very elect will be saved by the grace of God.
brethren PLSSSSSSSSS....... Watch OUT!!!!!!!!!
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
One important thing that so many preachers and even we the so called Christians fails to note is dat all in these church going and other christian activities, the main reason is for us to prepare our way n ourselves to see the kingdom of God.
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2012
Imagine pastor going about with armed securities men and siren
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
WARNING: THIS POST IS NOT FOR IDIOTS/RELIGIOUS BIGOTS/CHRISTIANS WHO ARE IMPERVIOUS TO REASON, THE SO-CALLED SPIRIT-LED, BRAIN-DEAD FOLKS..

I'm not against religion. I feel everyone has a right to believe whatever works for them. But when what you believe begins to have a negative effect on society(whether planned or unplanned), you owe it to society to pause and consider if things are being done right.

Preachers are not necessarily the reason why crime/sin rate is increasing. In fact, @OP, I don't understand what you mean by sin.

There's an abundance of stark illiteracy(thanks to 13 years of a PDP government) and total failure of leadership in the country. Couple that with greed and an animalistic urge to make it at all costs. Now, put in a good choice verses from the BIBLE and lo and behold, an ILLITERATE somewhere within Nigeria, endowed with the gift of the gab, immediately receives a CALLING.

Like a politician, he gets an immunity clause immediately "TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED".
He gets two seats, and some tithe offerings later, he's able to move to a 'temporary' plot of land.
He needs 'souls' and of course there are a lot of 'unsaved' people out there, the jobless, the clueless and the mentally retarded.

To cut the long story short, he slaps a kid, it's posted online, and NOTHING IS DONE TO HIM. HE WINS THE CASE.

This is why crime rate is increasing around the country.

Those who are supposed to enforce the law have failed in their duties. People get scot-free when they commit crimes, as long as they know a few people and have some level of influence. Where there's no retribution for crime/offences committed, crime is bound to increase.
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
musKeeto: WARNING: THIS POST IS NOT FOR IDIOTS/RELIGIOUS BIGOTS/CHRISTIANS WHO ARE IMPERVIOUS TO REASON, THE SO-CALLED SPIRIT-LED, BRAIN-DEAD FOLKS..

I'm not against religion. I feel everyone has a right to believe whatever works for them. But when what you believe begins to have a negative effect on society(whether planned or unplanned), you owe it to society to pause and consider if things are being done right.

Preachers are not necessarily the reason why crime/sin rate is increasing. In fact, @OP, I don't understand what you mean by sin.

There's an abundance of stark illiteracy(thanks to 13 years of a PDP government) and total failure of leadership in the country. Couple that with greed and an animalistic urge to make it at all costs. Now, put in a good choice verses from the BIBLE and lo and behold, an ILLITERATE somewhere within Nigeria, endowed with the gift of the gab, immediately receives a CALLING.

Like a politician, he gets an immunity clause immediately "TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED".
He gets two seats, and some tithe offerings later, he's able to move to a 'temporary' plot of land.
He needs 'souls' and of course there are a lot of 'unsaved' people out there, the jobless, the clueless and the mentally retarded.

To cut the long story short, he slaps a kid, it's posted online, and NOTHING IS DONE TO HIM. HE WINS THE CASE.

This is why crime rate is increasing around the country.

Those who are supposed to enforce the law have failed in their duties. People get scot-free when they commit crimes, as long as they know a few people and have some level of influence. Where there's no retribution for crime/offences committed, crime is bound to increase.

I did not say dat preachers are the main reason why Sin/Crime is increasing. But the are contributing to crime development. For instance there are some preachers who knows very well that their members are fraudsters yet they neva complain but all they do is to offer prayers that who soever obstructs the member's business will die by thunder. Now tell me, is the preacher not encouraging crime? I don't need to use a bible portion to back instances like this.

And has for your question about 'Sin' in Christianity every form of crime may be regarded as a Sin b4 God.
Re: Preachers Are Among The Reason Why Crime/sin Rate Is Increasing by ediko5(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
May God have Mercy upon us.

(1) (Reply)

Something Mysterious About 'ember' Month Periods? / What Did Jesus Sacrifice? / Catholic Cardinal Says Adam And Eve Didn’t Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.