Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? (3382 Views)

Most Interesting TV Adverts / Most Annoying TV Adverts / Nigerian Commercials (TV Adverts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by nanidee(f): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
After going through the thread on the reader, and reminiscing, I also started remembering some tv adverts back in the days. cheesy

There was the MKO abiola adverts... i cant remember the beginning, but a part of it went like this : SDP, SDP action, Abiola, Abiola, Abiola progress! undecided

Then there was the advert for Abuja, a song that went thus:

welcome to the freshness of the morning breeze,
in the city where everything works fine
nepa light, water source comes all day . . .

Abuja is the place where you should be
Abuja is the place . . .

Then there was also the planta/blue band advert

children its breakfast time
breakfast time is planta time, planta
the richest creamy planta tast, planta
mummy loves the planta taste, planta,
give us now the planta tast, planta
Re: Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by nanidee(f): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
Avop, na better cooking oyeeel...
avop, ee dey make chop sweet o
you go licky mouth, licky finger,
chop bottom plate

lol grin
Re: Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by franktolk(m): 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
This is the video of SDP ! SDP! Abiola ! Abiola

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOLf5BDLTX0&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL3D77E83BE9DF9D80[/flash]
Re: Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by nanidee(f): 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
OMG!! shocked shocked . . .franktolk, that video brought a lot of memories. The beats, the tune, wow.

How on earth did you find that. Thumbs up to you! wink
Re: Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by nanidee(f): 11:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
franktolk, you have inspired me and showed me some adverts ooo

omo, omo, super blue omo
washes even brighter and it shows

bread, bread
blue band on bread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6WyYyufuI&feature=related
Re: Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by nanidee(f): 12:21am On Jul 11, 2012
choco milo advert. can't remember the song, but it features some children coming from a spaceship or something like that. undecided

Always on during tales by moonlight. Used to make me spend all my pocket money and savings on Choco milo grin
Re: Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by franktolk(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nanidee what about this, let me take u on a memory lane

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2__Wsp_cEYE&feature=relmfu[/flash]
Re: Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by franktolk(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Does Anyone Remember Tv Adverts In The Times Of The 'former' Nigeria? by nanidee(f): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2012
oh my God! That NTA 2 channel 5 advert is something else. jeez.... you have taken me way down memory lane cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Easy Steps On How To Download Your Favorite Korean Drama/movies / Game Of Thrones: Who Is The Worst Character So Far? From Season 1-6 / Please Where Can I Download Wrestlemania 29?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.