Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Help Kill This Virus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Kill This Virus (1187 Views)

Pls Help On How To Get Rid Of This Virus / >> Pls Help - How Can I Remove This Virus From My Pc / How Do I Remove This Virus "ahsan Mana Khan Bhutta" From My System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Kill This Virus by freshB2: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2007
hi people
how can i remove an AVI virus which infected my system
Re: Help Kill This Virus by inze(m): 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2007
Get an Anti-virus, a good one, I use a Norton 360

and run a scan

the virus should be out after that.

I n z e
Re: Help Kill This Virus by maxjax(m): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2007
go get a kaspersky antivirus
and do a computer full scan
Re: Help Kill This Virus by sawyerrken(m): 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2007
wateva antivirus u decide to use, just request for the full version on my >>>softwares<<< thread, if i havnt posted it already.
Cheers!
Re: Help Kill This Virus by blogtech(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2007
Try and download a free trial of anti-virus soft,then run a virus scan to take that shit off your PC.
Re: Help Kill This Virus by inze(m): 11:24am On Dec 05, 2007
blogtech:

Try and download a free trial of anti-virus soft,then run a virus scan to take that shit off your PC.

Download a trial version anti-virus?? thats pathetic, what if the trial expires, he goes back to the drawing board? or maybe you'll advice him to download another trial after the first expires.
Re: Help Kill This Virus by freshB2: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2007
I tried to can my system but nothin seems to work
i tried to restore but no restore point given
i tried to delete the virus, it then disappeard from the disc C where it was

tihis a rubbish virus that only attacks my messager and power point
it started attacking my nairaland furum after i asked this question. i am wrtin this out home. i can do everything with it except these one i mentioned. its not even all the nairaland forum but just this question that i cant view from my system-i can view all other areas in nairaland
Re: Help Kill This Virus by sawyerrken(m): 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2007
@inze
sup bro, ralvy waz replying to my post on the mod thing here in this forum, no mods so thats why we have to face every kinda silly posts. the site admin in his wisdom has seen it unwise to assign mods (why that is so beats my comprehension).

@fresh-b
can u tell what the symptoms are, plz wht error messages do u have, a moderate screenshot or two of the virus at work on ur pc will do.
Re: Help Kill This Virus by freshB2: 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2007
This thin is labelled AVI on the body, it came via yahoo messenger in form of pic file claimin to be mi friend. i clicked and then this rubbish went hiddin inside the zdrive. it doesnt stop all works i do on and off line but only ppp, messenger and this particular tread.

so i think theres a problem hidden somewhere
Re: Help Kill This Virus by freshB2: 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2007
This thin is labelled AVI on the body, it came via yahoo messenger in form of pic file claimin to be mi friend. i clicked and then this rubbish went hiddin inside the zdrive. it doesnt stop all works i do on and off line but only ppp, messenger and this particular tread.

so i think theres a problem hidden somewhere
Re: Help Kill This Virus by Ralvy(m): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2007
Sawyerken . . .I think its an upgrade of the coolpicsvirus. .
or wht d'u think?
Re: Help Kill This Virus by freshB2: 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2007
my friend, am not here to think
get that
am lookin for solution
and dont hav time to think againa and again
Re: Help Kill This Virus by anusule(m): 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2007
get kapersky and do a full system scan, u can get it from thepiratebay.
Re: Help Kill This Virus by sawyerrken(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2007
"If avi.exe is running on your pc, your computer has possibly been infected with a strain of the kabak worm.

avi.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag Kabak Worm as a virus, but also because a number of users have complained about its performance.

Kabak Worm is likely a virus and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of avi.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, such as slow performance, loss of data or leaking private information to websites.

avi.exe is related to d--k.exe, chic.exe, assassan.exe, 47.exe, 18.exe, dog.exe, "

just something i saw while surfing,

doood are u new to computers? why would u be clicking on those links in IMs, most of them come up as offline. stay away from stuff u don't know, the internet is a safe place for those who know why they are on the net.

@ralvy
yea man i think so too
http://deanwrote..com/2006/11/remove-coolpics-virus-dont-click.html
Re: Help Kill This Virus by done6: 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2007
I WOULD ADVISE YOU GET A LICENCE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE.BUT ESET NOD32 WILL BE IN BEST POSITION TO CLEAN OR DELECT THE VIRUS.
BUT IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD THE MONEY TO GET THE ANTIVIRUS, RELOADING THE SYSTEM WILL HELP.BUT YOU CAN LOSS ALL YOUR WORKS
Re: Help Kill This Virus by niteduff(m): 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2007
Here is a solution for you my broda,
go to www.avast.com download the free version for home and office users,
you'll get a free serial in your email install the anti-virus and update the virus definition database
after update schedule a boot-time scanning for your drives then restart your computer,
your problem should be solved that way.

Merry Xmas in advance,

(1) (Reply)

Any Proxy For My Freedom On Mtn. / Photo:help! My PC Screen Went Awry. Why? / How Windows 10 Looks Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.