Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing (2672 Views)

Service Sign Wont Disappear After Servicing HELP / HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board / My Eod 04 Gear Is Misbehaving After Servicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by layzie: 12:13am On Jul 11, 2012
Dear People,
I,ve got an 05 accord which i service every 5months. However after servicing it last week thursday, the *maintenance required* signal came up on sunday and its been there till today. Note that it was not there before i serviced the car. Please is this something i should be worried about cos im driving the car like that and it drives fine.

*By servicing i mean change of oil and oil filter*
Re: Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 11, 2012
This is just a random guess (since you said the light came on after your last service). Check you cover of your fuel tank to make sure it's properly closed. This could result in the maintenance light coming on.
Re: Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by layzie: 10:54am On Jul 11, 2012
checked the fuel tank, its secured
Re: Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by iykeG(m): 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
In a normal sense there is always an indicator to tell you when the car is due for servicing. I think you serviced the car before the time schedule programmed in the system. What you will do, go and scan the car, they will reprogram it to set the next schedule of your servicing with the current status of the oil life of your engine. It is advisable to change oil before that is done but in this case that you just changed the oil. They will just reset it.
Re: Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by luvtoyota(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
Put on The ignition , hold on The trip meter For about 20seconds , The maintenance reqrd light should go off , any service station tech should be conversant with this reset , however if you don't reset , The car will not be damaged , however , you need to reset The indicator to know when your next service is due

Good luck
Re: Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
layzie: Dear People,
I,ve got an 05 accord which i service every 5months. However after servicing it last week thursday, the *maintenance required* signal came up on sunday and its been there till today. Note that it was not there before i serviced the car. Please is this something i should be worried about cos im driving the car like that and it drives fine.

*By servicing i mean change of oil and oil filter*

why service every 5 months ?

there is nothing to worry the car counts service mileage electronically so according to the computer the time is due all is needed is to reset it
Re: Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by layzie: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2012
Thanks all.

@Zim: I just do it every 5-6mths, i have no special reason for that. Im open to any counter suggestion though.

@luvtoyota:
I held d trip meter for about 20 seconds as directed but it came bak on after i turned on the ignition again
Re: Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by delequake(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ layzie, why are u so lazy? lol... will u do push the knob down well and stop worrying!!!
what you are experiencing is not an issue @ all, just do the reset well and all will be fine.
you need to get the manual of that car ASAP.

cheers.
Re: Honda Accord 05 *maintenance Required* Signal After Servicing by layzie: 12:46am On Jul 14, 2012
Yes sir grin grin

Im outta town now without the car. will do that when i get back hopefully by next weekend

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2005 / Between 2009 Acura MDX, 2009 Lexus Rx350 And 2010 Venza / VSC & Trac Off light On In Rx 330 Lexus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.