Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! (1119 Views)

Canadian Muslim Puts 'free Speech' To The Test; Promptly Investigated, Shut Down / Charlie Hebdo; Beacon Of Free Speech Fired Reporter For 'anti-semitism.' / An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by halalMACburger: 3:24am On Jul 11, 2012
Alexander Aan, known as the "facebook atheist", was jailed last month for blasphemy against Islam and declaring his atheism. The latest update about his predicament is that there are protests for his freedom. The latest protest was on July 6th, organized by the Centre for Inquiry.

[size=14pt]Rumor is the Indonesia Consulate General has heard our voices and will contact the Ambassador to the US to discuss Aan’s case! #FreeAan[/size]

http://www.examiner.com/article/free-aan-protesters-support-indonesian-facebook-atheist
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2012
Your last thread on Alex ander Aan was posted in the Religion section, not in this section. You should have put this update there.
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by halalMACburger: 10:14am On Jul 11, 2012
fellis: Your last thread on Alex ander Aan was posted in the Religion section, not in this section. You should have put this update there.

Smartazz. Oversabi.

I posted it in both sections the last time.
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 11, 2012
There was no such thread in this section. Stop lying.
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by halalMACburger: 11:52am On Jul 11, 2012
fellis: There was no such thread in this section. Stop lying.

This is very painful. I posted the thread weeks ago first in the islam section and posted another one in the religion section. Maclatunji deleted the first one.

To call me a liar is painful when this something I do everyday of my life- campaign on the internet for religious tolerance towards atheism.

Well, you are free to call me a liar thanks to the tyranny of Maclatunji because he deleted the thread and now I have no link or proof of it.

Valuable lesson learnt here. I will keep screenshots of all of my threads on the islam section.

Some muslims are really wicked! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by halalMACburger: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2012
fellis: Your last thread on Alex ander Aan was posted in the Religion section, not in this section. You should have put this update there.

Furthermore, when people say that some moderate muslims support extremism with silence or lack of criticism, you Fellis will jump and deny it. (eg you and the homer on the Boko Haram thread)

You found no reason to address the topic but you just came to derail and say that the thread does not belong here. If it is me that did this, you brother the Big mac would ban me without warning.

[size=14pt]
An atheist is in jail for something that should be his right and people are protesting- Focus on the topic[/size]
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2012
halalMACburger:

Furthermore, when people say that some moderate muslims support extremism with silence or lack of criticism, you Fellis will jump and deny it. (eg you and the homer on the Boko Haram thread)

You found no reason to address the topic but you just came to derail and say that the thread does not belong here. If it is me that did this, you brother the Big mac would ban me without warning.

An atheist is in jail for something that should be his right and people are protesting- Focus on the topic

Please stop crying. Sorry I said you were lying before.
I am not derailing the thread, I only tried to helpfully suggest that maybe you should move this thread to the place where you posted the original one seeing as how it is a continuation of that first one.
How would anyone on this section understand what you are talking about when they didn't read the first thread?
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by halalMACburger: 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
fellis:
Please stop crying. Sorry I said you were lying before.
I am not derailing the thread, I only tried to helpfully suggest that maybe you should move this thread to the place where you posted the original one seeing as how it is a continuation of that first one.
How would anyone on this section understand what you are talking about when they didn't read the first thread?

Thanks for the apology grin

Anyways, the link that I put, explains the whole story.
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by halalMACburger: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2012

In solidarity with jailed Facebook atheist Alexander Aan, a group of dedicated protesters held vigil today in New York City in front of the Office of the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia.

Aan is currently serving a prison term in Indonesia after publicly declaring his atheism via Facebook. Protesters are seeking his immediate release.

The July 6 protest in support of Aan was organized by the Center for Inquiry. The mission of the Center for Inquiry is to foster a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values.

Last month, Indonesian atheist Alexander Aan was sentenced to two-and-a-half years after being found guilty of blasphemy. His crime: posting irreverent cartoons of the prophet Mohammed, and posting claims like “God doesn’t exist,” to a Facebook page sympathetic to atheists, agnostics and other freethinkers.

Video: When Doubt is a Crime: The Disturbing Persecution of Alexander Aan
Aan was formally charged with religious blasphemy, atheism propagation and dissemination of religious hostility, and formally found guilty of spreading religious hostility. The presiding judge ruled that “What he (Aan) did has caused anxiety to the community and tarnished Islam.”

Before his arrest last January, Aan was beaten by an angry mob of religious zealots when news of his controversial Facebook activities became public. Indonesia is the world's most populous Muslim nation.
[size=18pt]
Amnesty International has also called for the immediate and unconditional release of Aan, calling his imprisonment a serious setback for freedom of expression in Indonesia.[/size]
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
halalMACburger: Before his arrest last January, Aan was beaten by an angry mob of religious zealots when news of his controversial Facebook activities became public

LOL
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by MacDaddy01: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
fellis:

LOL

LMAO! while it is funny to read, you must remember that the actual beating was not funny to Aan
Re: Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan Update! Free Aan, Free Speech!!! by MacDaddy01: 12:26am On Jul 13, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Is Islamophobia Real Or Just A Figment Of Imagination? / Off-salah Isn't Off-ramadan(to The Menstruating Sister During Ramadan) / Death Is Certain, But Quran Speaks About Untimely Death!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.