Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

How Reliable Is Bus Hire Purchase In Nigeria - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Reliable Is Bus Hire Purchase In Nigeria (1568 Views)

How Reliable Is The Lexus Es300/es330 And Cost / How Reliable Is Auction Export / How Reliable Is A Peugeot 406 Or 307-Siena, Viperman Wey una? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Bus Hire Purchase In Nigeria by sunylop: 8:23am On Jul 11, 2012
Hello nairalanders..I just bought a toyota bus for 900k..I am giving it out for hire purchase..how can one go about it and how reliable is the business..I need contructive contributions pls...
Re: How Reliable Is Bus Hire Purchase In Nigeria by USAutoBuy(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2012
sunylop: Hello nairalanders..I just bought a toyota bus for 900k..I am giving it out for hire purchase..how can one go about it and how reliable is the business..I need contructive contributions pls...

[b]The most paramount issue here is the "Human Factor". It depends on the person you give it to. You will have a pleasant experience if its a reliable person. And otherwise if not.

For a N900k bus, you will give it out around N1.3 - N1.5m depending on the number of months he will pay back.

But whatever price you decide to give it out, it is a mute point if the person is not paying as agreed.

Look at it this way, if the person will pay back in 18 months - 24 months, you should have been able to turn around your original investment, about 3-4 times. That is if you sell this one and buy another to sell etc.

If you make between 150k -300k as profit on each transaction, you should be sitting pretty on something close to your original investment in about 2 years without all the stress and yelling on when the driver will deliver.

Provided you buy good and highly demanded buses to begin with.

And if you are a "nice guy" i will advise you to sell it collect your money and re-invest. Transport business is not for nice guys. The mentality of the people you deal with will be different from yours. They MOST LIKELY will take advantage of you by not paying on time / as agreed.

Business is business. Family is family. Try as much as possible to separate the two. That guy begging you all day and night for the hire purchase MAY turn around to be your OGA once he received the bus. He will not return your calls and complain that you are disturbing him.

At the same time, he might not. its a 50-50 thing.

At the end of the day, the decision will be yours.

Just talking from experience.[/b]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Registered Toyota Camry,1994 Model For Sale / Hi / 2006 Toyota Avalon XL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.