Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Serve The Lord With Gladness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Serve The Lord With Gladness (602 Views)

Serve The Lord With Gladness / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Do Christians And Muslims Reall Serve The Same God??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serve The Lord With Gladness by yommyuk: 12:28am On Jul 12, 2012
There are some people that the Lord has called into his vineyard for a specific task. Some will accept this call gladly or reluctantly. The latter are the ones who really don’t care about the task. This lack of interest makes them waver when difficulty arises. They are the kind that is in it for what they can get out of it. But to those who know their calling and willingly want to serve their God, 2 Peter 1: 5-11 becomes their goal.
“In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self control, and self control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop in this way are short-sighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins. So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Do these things and you will never fall away. Then God will give you a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ.”

As we choose to serve the Lord, surely, challenges shall come our way. But let us see this as an opportunity to improve and develop ourselves. The key ingredient needed to overcome any test is ‘LOVE’
Apostle Paul won the battle over what life threw at him by saying in Philippians 4:10-13
“How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content in whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything thru Christ, who gives me strength.
For it is better to trust in the Lord than in people (psalm 118:cool should be our outlook on life. For if you depend on a human being, they can fail you; but God never fails.
Halleluyah x 7
Romans 13:8-10
“Owe nothing to anyone – except for you obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbour, you will fulfil the requirements of God’s law. For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery, you must not murder, you must not steal, you must not covet.” These – and other such commandments are summed up in this one commandment: “LOVE YOUR NEIGBHOUR AS YOUSELF. “LOVE DOES NO WRONG TO OTHERS, SO LOVE FULFILLS THE REQUIREMENT OF GOD’S LAW.
There is no law against love. Serve the Lord because you love the Lord with all your heart, might and soul. Then you shall experience the joy in serving the Lord in Spirit and in Truth.
God bless

(1) (Reply)

Isnt Christianity a Very Cheap Form Of Advertising??? / Useless Christians Falling On Stage: VIDEO / Mohamed Acknowledged That Jesus Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.