Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

The Pride Of The Igbo Race. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Pride Of The Igbo Race. (1826 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pride Of The Igbo Race. by Antivirus92(m): 6:34am On Jul 12, 2012
I have recently noticed that the type of pride and strong heart an igboman posesses in the past as portrayed in the novel things fall apart by chinua Achebe is in a sharp contrast with the heart of this modern igbo people.umuofia is a very large town full of warriors and brave men like okonkwo and ogbuefi ezeudu. Even the neighbouring communities use to fear umuofia alot.I could still remember clearly that after the amalgamation of nigeria that an igbo man is like an idol to people of other tribes.the white men found the igboman very intelligent that they have to transport many of them to their (european)country for education. Then after the independence,we became the first president,control the military sector,control the education sector in terms of qualitative education even the business were at our bare hand.BUT just like the way okonkwo the great warrior died a shamefully by hanging,the same is happening to the igbo nation today.WE have almost lost virtually everything.we are being governed,killed in north like rats, maltreated in the west,and hated in the south-south even by our own kins across the bridge like ikwerres and deltans.Even among we igbos,we never have a true sense of oneness. An imo will readily fight an anambra, an abia will not fall for an enugu and vice versa even ebonyi.our brothers across the bridge resolved to being another tribe and will kill u if u dare to address him as an igbo.we then forgot that anambra,enugu,imo etc are all british divisions and never traditional in our land.instead of favouring a fellow igbo man an imo will look for a fellow imo while an anambra,abia,enugu,ebonyi will also do the same.because of state creations,hatred was planted among brothers.Have some one take time to check how we would have been without states? Some bigots even went as far as saying that igbos are heterogenous people who settle in igboland at different times maybe because NRI which was said to be our anscetral home is in a particular state.IGBOS IS THIS HOW WE SHOULD CONTINUE TO BE?
Re: The Pride Of The Igbo Race. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:51am On Jul 12, 2012
*sighs* What exactly is bothering you?
Re: The Pride Of The Igbo Race. by Antivirus92(m): 7:58am On Jul 12, 2012
ChinenyeN: *sighs* What exactly is bothering you?
i don't have anything in common with u. I am a full igbo while u are half through ur mum(ngwa)but even at that,u stil hate igbos,i could stil remember u saying that you will distant anything that will link igbos with ur niger delta. So know it,the walfare of my people is bothering me.

1 Like

Re: The Pride Of The Igbo Race. by achi4u(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
My brother "things has falling apart" and igbo people decided to scatter as akuko na enwero nne na nna!

In the 60s the whole country worship NdiIgbo and adore them.

Ndiigbo loves themselves outside igboland and hate themselves within igboland.truth?

1 Like

Re: The Pride Of The Igbo Race. by okwanuzo3(f): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
The creation of states doesn't help. It further divides, I think it is the agenda behind splitting aready small states into even smaller ones when northern states are huge and yet are untouched.
I believe we'd be better off as Eastern Region like before.
Re: The Pride Of The Igbo Race. by ChinenyeN(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
Antivirus92: i don't have anything in common with u. I am a full igbo while u are half through ur mum(ngwa)but even at that,u stil hate igbos,i could stil remember u saying that you will distant anything that will link igbos with ur niger delta. So know it,the walfare of my people is bothering me.
What are you saying?

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly Runs Away / Personal Hygiene In America / How Much Of Yoruba Culture Do You Know ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.