Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? (3908 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Should Working Wives Share Household Expenses With Their Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2012
How Katie Holmes outwitted Tom Cruise: the roundup

The way Katie Holmes carefully plotted her split from Tom Cruise could easily be a Hollywood thriller. The actress “surprised” her husband with a phone call asking for a divorce while he was thousands of miles away in Iceland, shooting his upcoming sci-fi flick "Oblivion," on June 29, then she managed to wrestle away custody of Suri, 6, from him just 11 days later. A report released on Tuesday details just how she went about her secret plan – she used a disposable cell phone.

According to the Los Angeles Times, a friend of Holmes provided her with the throwaway device so she could talk to her New York City-based lawyers without Cruise, 50, or his people knowing what she was up to. Now, yet another report, a People magazine story released on Wednesday, divulges further details on how Holmes caught her husband of five years off guard by meticulously plotting her divorce plans ahead of time, even reaching out to her parents for help. According to the report, Tom Cruise was about to start shooting an action-packed scene on the set in Iceland when he answered an unexpected call from Holmes. “He was about to do a stunt and got off his motorcycle to take the call,” a source tells People. It was during that conversation that Holmes broke the news. “He’s been in shock since that day,” the source adds.

The Los Angeles Times also reports that when Holmes, 33, and Cruise settled their divorce on Monday, she already had three law firms in three different states set up in case she’d have to battle her soon-to-be ex outside of Manhattan, where she filed. The “Mission: Impossible” star initially wanted to hash out their divorce in California, which typically favors divorcing parents to have joint custody of their children (Holmes had requested sole custody of Suri in her filing). It turns out one of the toughest attorneys Holmes had on her side was reportedly her own father. “It’s his way or the highway,” a fellow attorney tells People of Martin Holmes, 67, a top divorce lawyer in Toledo, Ohio, who helped lay out Holmes' strategy for the split. “He’ll look a storm in the eye and make sure he’s standing when it’s over,” adds former mayor Carty Finkbeiner.

Holmes' dad arrived in New York to be with his daughter around June 26, two days before she made the call to Cruise. (Whether the actor knew the elder Holmes was in New York at the time remains to be seen). Katie's mom, Kathleen, has also since traveled to the Big Apple and was most recently spotted accompanying her daughter and granddaughter on an outing to the Manhattan athletic complex Chelsea Piers on Tuesday.

As part of the settlement, Holmes will have total control over Suri’s education. And, in a move that is a definite slap in the actor’s face, Holmes – who renounced her Catholic upbringing for Scientology when she married Cruise in 2006 – has registered as a parishioner at the Church of St. Francis Xavier in New York City not far from her Chelsea apartment. That presumably means she'll be taking Suri along with her to Mass. “Everyone is thrilled to have Katie join us,” a member of the church's choir told The Huffington Post on Monday. “She has not yet attended a service, but when she does she will be welcomed with open arms.”

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/katie-holmes-used-disposable-cell-phone-to-secretly-plan-divorce-from-tom-cruise--report.html?_esi=1

1 Like

Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Tsmooth1(m): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2012
Girls! hmm dem wicked no be small. I dont know why they like to de wicked men.
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 12, 2012
double post
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 12, 2012
She wanted fame and popularity and yea she got it. She knew he was into his scientology nonsense before she married him yet she went ahead to marry him. I blame her in that area.

Let us just say karma is a big biatch because Tom cruise did the same thing (katie holmes did to him) to Nicole Kidman, she was pregnant(I think 3 months pregnant) at that time but lost the pregnancy after what he did to her. Her kids don't even regard her as a mother and I guess that's one of the reason why Katie took Suri with her to file in new york lest she leaves her in LA and Cruise takes over like he did with his two other children even though those ones were much older then. So yea first to do no dey pain na second to do dey cry blood.

And to his two kids: bella and connor, serves them right. Read somewhere that Katie sacked the girl 2 months before she filed. They called katie mum but never called their own mother mum, so yea their mum has disappointed them. undecided
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
jennykadry: She wanted fame and popularity and yea she got it. She knew he was into his scientology nonsense before she married him yet she went ahead to marry him. I blame her in that area.

Let us just say karma is a big biatch because Tom cruise did the same thing (katie holmes did to him) to Nicole Kidman, she was pregnant(I think 3 months pregnant) at that time but lost the pregnancy after what he did to her. Her kids don't even regard her as a mother and I guess that's one of the reason why Katie took Suri with her to file in new york lest she leaves her in LA and Cruise takes over like he did with his two other children even though those ones were much older then. So yea first to do no dey pain na second to do dey cry blood.

And to his two kids: bella and connor, serves them right. Read somewhere that Katie sacked the girl 2 months before she filed. They called katie mum but never called their own mother mum, so yea their mum has disappointed them. undecided

Are you an entertainment writer or just an entertainment/celebrity junkie? I can just imagine a Jennykadry blog? Talk about Thunder, Fire and Brimstone!

grin grin grin
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2012
Lol grin .I might be a mama but it does not stop me from knowin a lot about Hollywood stars. You wanted to make it a bash women thread so all I had to do was let you know that Tom is exactly where he left Nicole years ago.

So karma truly is a biatch
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by tasandra: 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ jenny,I quite agree wit u. he who laff last,laff best cheesy nikky go laff wella grin
some men are 2 hrtless and crazy angry infact,make him self feel the hrt break undecided i join nikky laff grin grin grin
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
tasandra: @ jenny,I quite agree wit u. he who laff last,laff best cheesy nikky go laff wella grin
some men are 2 hrtless and crazy angry infact,make him self feel the hrt break undecided i join nikky laff grin grin grin

No mind the yeye man. Katie sha deserves an award with the way she took him by surprise. His son was busy tweeting pics of iceland with his dad when the news hit them, them say him son hand freeze so tey him tweeter account went silent for a while grin cheesy

Tom no doubt is a good actor, loved his "Rock of ages(though he would have done better if he had shirts on)" movie but I have never liked him not after what he did to my Nicole. She is the nicest person anybody can ever come across. Yeye man angry Bless nikki and Keith Urban grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
jennykadry: Lol grin .I might be a mama but it does not stop me from knowin a lot about Hollywood stars. You wanted to make it a bash women thread so all I had to do was let you know that Tom is exactly where he left Nicole years ago.

So karma truly is a biatch

When did you add mind-reading to your list of hobbies? I just posted this thread for "informational purposes". grin tongue

chaircover: Jenny dont you get it? Its not OK for a woman to be one step ahead and leave a man. How dare she lipsrsealed

As for you madam- tongue tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by EfemenaXY: 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mac, looks like the wind's been knocked out of your sails - even before you've set sail grin grin grin

Give it up man, e nor work dis time tongue
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
Efemena_xy: Mac, looks like the wind's been knocked out of your sails - even before you've set sail grin grin grin

Give it up man, e nor work dis time tongue

What? Why should I bash women? Is this story not factual? Have I said anything about what I think of the story? Can I not ask a question?
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
By the way, I know of Tom Cruise's childish antics, so leave that side.
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by EfemenaXY: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
No one's saying the story isn't factual.

What's being questioned is your real reason, your motives behind posting this here

Methinks you were probably hoping for readers to say: Ehen! Just as that poor old man who got thrown out of his home by his kids for marrying a second wife, (i.e being made the scape goat) - women too dey show say dem fit dump their man and waka from their marriage...

abi? grin grin grin
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mac, Abeg make we hiaaa word. Your plan no work. grin next time no just post topic, check out past stories first before posting. Informational purposes ko, yet you used such a serious subject as topic head. grin
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
Efemena_xy: No one's saying the story isn't factual.

What's being questioned is your real reason, your motives behind posting this here

Methinks you were probably hoping for readers to say: Ehen! Just as that poor old man who got thrown out of his home by his kids for marrying a second wife, (i.e being made the scape goat) - women too dey show say dem fit dump their man and waka from their marriage...

abi? grin grin grin

My motives for posting are not quite that, I just want to educate my fellow men on how women can be- is that a bad thing? You know, I could have posted the link of this thread on that thread too to support my arguments. It is also to remind you women of your ways too.tongue

After all, I did not incite Yahoo to write the story.
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by EfemenaXY: 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
maclatunji:

My motives for posting are not quite that, I just want to educate my fellow men on how women can be- is that a bad thing? You know, I could have posted the link of this thread on that thread too to support my arguments. It is also to remind you women of your ways too.tongue

After all, I did not incite Yahoo to write the story.

Ah! Now you're talking

Why d'you hate us so much? Is it because you guys can't live with and without us? grin grin tongue
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Ah! Now you're talking

Why d'you hate us so much? Is it because you guys can't live with and without us? grin grin tongue

We can live without you, life is just sweeter with you when you are not up to mischief.
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by EfemenaXY: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^ But you lot prefer having that sweet thing now, don't you?
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ But you lot prefer having that sweet thing now, don't you?

Soooo? Your point is?
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by EfemenaXY: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
My point is, stop trying to bash the thing you love the most, can't do without.
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
^And how many times do you want me to say I am not bashing women in general. I am only pointing out what one of you/some of you did/do.
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by EfemenaXY: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pls Mac, let go of this fixation of yours...

Women aren't all bad you know. Just admit that you're wrong in this instance and move on...
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^ I am sure If he had known what Tom had done to his ex wife, he would have thought twice before starting this thread. Wanted to show his fellow men some facts and also start a bashing thread but made the biggest mistake of using someone who was guilty of the same crime as an example
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by EfemenaXY: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^ Exactly!
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by 2mch(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
hmm, looks like a well executed divorce plan. Even to the extent of converting. na wa o sad
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
jennykadry: ^^ I am sure If he had known what Tom had done to his ex wife, he would have thought twice before starting this thread. Wanted to show his fellow men some facts and also start a bashing thread but made the biggest mistake of using someone who was guilty of the same crime as an example

What makes you think I didn't know. Is it not the same Tom Cruise that jumped on the sofa on Oprah when Katie made a surprise appearance? You women are exposing yourselves to be selfish. Address the topic and let me keep my intention.

You are implying that every time you criticise a man here, you do it to bash all men from your reaction to this thread.

Oya address Katie's behaviour and leave diversionary tactics. Abi, what kind of blanket solidarity is this?

By the way Jenny, I was joking in my first post to you. Do you think I don't see you in the Celebrity section where you analyse the lives of celebrities? Abeg, leave that thing.
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
Efemena_xy: Pls Mac, let go of this fixation of yours...

Women aren't all bad you know. Just admit that you're wrong in this instance and move on...

No, you accept that you are missing the point and deliberately too. When did I say women are all bad?

Did I say Tom Cruise is a saint? So, if I talk of Brad Pitt being unfairly treated by Angelina Jolie, you will run to tell me about Jennifer Anniston. What happened to treating issues on a case-by-case basis?

Women! Women!! Women!!!
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
Eeyaaaa thank God for google. You have equipped yourself this time grin second off I visit the celebrities section but don't post there much often, i can count how many times i post there, so I don't know where you've seen me "analyse" the lives of celebrities like say I live there. Trying to pick up your manhood again are we? Why? Cos a lot of us know your plans failed?

Stop this abeg, you made a mistake no be by force to vex on your keyboard. You knew what Tom did to his ex, she lost a baby and two kids and you went ahead to open this thread like Tom was an innocent guy being punished by a woman called Katie? I am losing his but sorry I cannot spend time to enjoy it with you as I have other things to do grin
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
Lots of people stopped taking Tom Cruise seriously after his show of jumping up and down on Oprah's couch and generally making an a$$ of himself.Though I know the ladies of NL family section specialize in bashing men when they get the chance,in this case I must agree with them that Mr Cruise had it coming and deserved what he got from Ms Holmes.What goes around generally comes around.
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by maclatunji: 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
jennykadry: Eeyaaaa thank God for google. You have equipped yourself this time grin second off I visit the celebrities section but don't post there much often, i can count how many times i post there, so I don't know where you've seen me "analyse" the lives of celebrities like say I live there. Trying to pick up your manhood again are we? Why? Cos a lot of us know your plans failed?

Stop this abeg, you made a mistake no be by force to vex on your keyboard. You knew what Tom did to his ex, she lost a baby and two kids and you went ahead to open this thread like Tom was an innocent guy being punished by a woman called Katie? I am losing his but sorry I cannot spend time to enjoy it with you as I have other things to do grin

You cannot see yourself now, I still saw you analysing yesterday and this thread is not meant for your endorsement so keep it to yourself.

@Richy, I am more interested in two things;
1. The elaborate nature of Katie's plan.

2. Calling him at work asking for a divorce as if he has runoff to Mars and will not return in 10 years.

Virtually everybody knows that their "love" was too superficial to last. As for the women, this thread will be stored in the archive for them when they start making some dodgy points- hehe!
Re: Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
maclatunji:

You cannot see yourself now, I still saw you analysing yesterday and this thread is not meant for your endorsement so keep it to yourself.

@Richy, I am more interested in two things;
1. The elaborate nature of Katie's plan.

2. Calling him at work asking for a divorce as if he has runoff to Mars and will not return in 10 years.

Virtually everybody knows that their "love" was too superficial to last. As for the women, this thread will be stored in the archive for them when they start making some dodgy points- hehe!

Last part is a veerrry good idea.
Supported! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ش من شأنه ان الزوج البقاء الخاص بك تفضل العمل في الغرفة (Would You Like Your Hubby To Be In The Labour Room With You? / Woman Gets Pregnant After Having Sexual Intercourse With A Dead Man / Husband Catches Wife Pants Down With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.