Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria (5918 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
Take a look at all tribes in Nigeria and choose for yourself the best and most suitable culture. If your best is not Igbo then is either you're sentimental or you're one of those heaps of Dangote cements available for sale.
Over the years,the Igbos have played an important part in the country in quest for western ways yet, they still retain their cultural habits.
The hausas will keep on parading cows from months to months, fulani's will carry out their normal thing and Yoruba's will keep up with their everlasting culture of not being educated and lingua. The Igbo's though the most civilized and westernized still has their culture retained and maintained.
We have music industry at lagos but what culture do we watch everyday in the movie, the Igbo culture. Who would like to direct a movie where cows and illiterates are the main culture of the movie. Unless the director has been nuisance to the industry.How many proffesional directors had ever directed the Yoruba movie
I know some people will have BIG MOUTHS about this but I have said before that 'if u have BIG MOUTH about this that u're either sentimental or one of those heaps of Dangote cements availaible for sale'.
ANY BIG MOUTH?
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Ybutterfly: 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by tobechi20(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
Tribalism....agents of disunity

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2012
@The poster. I agree with you. I don't know where to start from but from all angles, they are the best.
Check out the Igbo willingness to reconcile and be in good terms again after disagreement. This is in his blood. He can forgive very easily. That was visibly seen in the case where the Igboman forgot the anguish, sufferings and pains of the last civil war in Nigeria and easily integrated into the main stream of Nigerian society.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2012
The Igboman threads where many dread. That is the singular reason why he is found in most hard and hazardous professions and trades. Before the attainment of Nigerian independence, Ndigbo attained seniour positions in the Nigerian army, navy and air force where courage is a distinctive attribute. He believes courage is a good attribute of 'a man'. In his community, any man who distinguishes himself among others is adored and commands the respect of all.
THANK GOD FOR THE IGBO NATION.
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2012
U see what I meant when I say "Igbos were the best"?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by tpia5: 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2012
s/He can forgive very easily

yes, we are waiting to see that.

hope it wont involve godot?
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
tpia@:

yes, we are waiting to see that.

hope it wont involve godot?
Apart from that forgiving spirit, The Igbo is the pioneer that strongly believes that with courage and hardwork one must spell sucess. That is why in any business or profession where he finds himself, he makes a success of it, from hawking of goods and services to the administration of political and commercial concerns. He is always far away from vision killers. He believes that vision is the key to fulfillment of his dreams. He wants his life to affect his generation positively.

Believe me my sister, The Igbo leads and others!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by tpia5: 11:46pm On Jul 14, 2012
Apart from that forgiving spirit,

still waiting on this, my brother.

right now its like the quest for the holy grail which till date remains the stuff of myth.
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 12:01am On Jul 15, 2012
The Igboman is bold enough to tell the truth even at the expense of his life. Confide in an Igboman, and no man living will hear the subject matter even at the pains of death.
He hates betrayal. He says 'yes' and keeps to it and when he says 'no' he keeps to it. That has attracted a lot of friends and business associates to him as well as enemies.
Can anyone guess what I do first every morning I wake up from my sleep?. Simple, I will kneel down and thank Chukwu for creating me Igbo.
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by tpia5: 12:06am On Jul 15, 2012
He hates betrayal

and never serves the same, i guess.

Can anyone guess what I do first every morning I wake up from my sleep?. Simple, I will kneel down and thank Chukwu for creating me Igbo.

good for you.
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 15, 2012
Do u what I do every morning? I thank God for my life and asked him in my next life instead of not being an Igbo let me be a stone lieing on the road in Igbo land.
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Antivirus92(m): 9:47am On Jul 15, 2012
Chukskalidon: Do u what I do every morning? I thank God for my life and asked him in my next life instead of not being an Igbo let me be a stone lieing on the road in Igbo land.
hahahahahahahahahaha! Chuka ndi Yoruba na ndi aboki ga-egbukwa gi n'aka! Hahahaha! Thank God i am IGBO!
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 15, 2012
Antivirus92: hahahahahahahahahaha! Chuka ndi Yoruba na ndi aboki ga-egbukwa gi n'aka! Hahahaha! Thank God i am IGBO!
Hahahahahahahaha Ikenna nawa o. O teena mu na-acho gi Antivirus92, kedu ebe i na-akpa?
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Antivirus92(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
Chukskalidon: Hahahahahahahaha Ikenna nawa o. O teena mu na-acho gi Antivirus92, kedu ebe i na-akpa?
anom ebea,noro na politics,sports.were nwayo choo m doz places
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by isalegan2: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
Andre Uweh:
. . . The Igbo is the pioneer that strongly believes that with courage and hardwork one must spell sucess. That is why in any business or profession where he finds himself, he makes a success of it, from hawking of goods and services to the administration of political and commercial concerns.

True.

Chukskalidon: . . . Yoruba's will keep up with their everlasting culture of not being educated and lingua. The Igbo's though the most civilized and westernized still has their culture retained and maintained.

WTF?!

Chukskalidon: We have music industry at lagos but what culture do we watch everyday in the movie, the Igbo culture. Who would like to direct a movie where cows and illiterates are the main culture of the movie. Unless the director has been nuisance to the industry.How many proffesional directors had ever directed the Yoruba movie. . .

Gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2012
The junk posted by Ybutterfly is totally irrelevant.
Have you not wondered why Imo state an Igbo state has led in university admission for the past 21 years.
Do not go there because Ndigbo leads in this aspect.
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
Thread reminds me of ant infested firewood and lizards, feast for sore eyes.
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oh, so antivirus Wu ikenna ?
Nakwa e-checki!
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by isalegan2: 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
ifyalways: Thread reminds me of ant infested firewood and lizards, feast for sore eyes.

grin grin cheesy

more like an eyesore.
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Antivirus92(m): 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
ifyalways: Oh, so antivirus Wu ikenna ?
Nakwa e-checki!
ikenna or ikechukwu is my real name. Do i have to use my real in everything?
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2012
Just noting. O nweghi ihe mere nu kama gi na OP bu ndi "isi okpukpu".
@isale gan, lol my sister. My brothers wan make me cram "brighter grammar". Hehe

Antivirus92: ikenna or ikechukwu is my real name. Do i have to use my real in everything?
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Antivirus92(m): 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2012
ifyalways: Just noting. O nweghi ihe mere nu kama gi na OP bu ndi "isi okpukpu".
@isale gan, lol my sister. My brothers wan make me cram "brighter grammar". Hehe

ify nwannem nwanyi. Anulam ihe ikwuru mana obughikwa okpukpu juru m isi! Lol
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by kengis: 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
ndi igbo have great traditions even if Ihe nile e zughi oke nala igbo
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
ifyalways: Just noting. O nweghi ihe mere nu kama gi na OP bu ndi "isi okpukpu".

Ifyalways i bu onye? Nwoke m ana-akpo Antivirus92 nwere isi okpukpu na-ezi okwu.hahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2012
Obi di m uto ka ndi Igbo banyi siri nwee nnukwu banyere onwe anyi. We will continue to lead others follows
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by NigeriaKwenu(m): 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2012
U go fear thread na
Re: Igbos Have The Best Culture And Tradition In Nigeria by Antivirus92(m): 6:46am On Jul 16, 2012
Chukskalidon: Ifyalways i bu onye? Nwoke m ana-akpo Antivirus92 nwere isi okpukpu na-ezi okwu.hahahahahahahahahahaha
ify gbachi chukskalidon nkiti. Isim di very soft

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All You Must Know About Agwu - Spirit Of Divination, Healing, Mystic Powers.... / Neanderthal Dna Exist In Yoruba And Khoisan / Some English Words With Nigerian Origin! Unbelievable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.