Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others (8814 Views)

PHOTOS: Yabatech Students Protest Death Of Final Year Colleague Today / Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) / Yabatech Students' Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by comm: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
Onyocha:

perhaps if they didn't gain admission,we could have seen them in LASTMA uniform. grin grin grin
are u implying the topic of this post in another way should be "inter agbero's clash"
Onyocha:

perhaps if they didn't gain admission,we could have seen them in LASTMA uniform. grin grin grin
are u implying the topic of this post in another way should be "inter agbero's clash"
Onyocha:

are u implying the title of this post in another way should be "inter agbero's clash"
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
dammytosh: Why impound the students' vehicle ? In an ideal environment, you will be prevented from entering the lane or told to go back, Failure to do any of these can now attract force in any form.

Not that some one will be waiting for you to enter knowingly or unknowingly before pouncing on your vehicle for money. As long as i respect the law, the students should have been told to go back and use the correct lane or prevented in the first place. I am sure this never happened.

In an ideal environment, when a law is laid down....it means a warning, so if you break it...the right penalty will be given.

If they should be preventing them as u said, they will do it a hundred times more (is it nt nigerians?).....nigerians need force, if not there ear will not hear word. Afterall the force sef, are they not still breaking the law.
So from what you are saying now, if someone wants to steal or kill, and he was caught before the act....they should just let him go abi?
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by DaMayor1: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
speedyboi:

In an ideal environment, when a law is laid down....it means a warning, so if you break it...the right penalty will be given.

If they should be preventing them as u said, they will do it a hundred times more (is it nt nigerians?).....nigerians need force, if not there ear will not hear word. Afterall the force sef, are they not still breaking the law.
So from what you are saying now, if someone wants to steal or kill, and he was caught before the act....they should just let him go abi?

Dear speedyboi, apparently discretion is applied in implementing such laws. The point dammytosh is making is that Nigerian laws are not corrective but punitive by nature. Yankee police catches you speeding doesnt mean yankee police will give you ticket. He looks at the circumstances surrounding the situation and decides if its worth a ticket. In Nija, theres no sign post saying "ONE WAY", but LASTMA and thugs lay in wait for you to enter ignorantly, and then pounce on you. Definitely this is wrong. Just pray you dont fall victim to this else you would be swallowing your words.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by AyoGolden(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
cyril83: They supposed to have burnt down their office and kill 2 to 3 of them,somebody has to put a stop to all this mess,I don't even know what this so called lastma is turnin their uniform to in lagos,u need to see how these pple display the animal in them when operating...look @ what happend in onitsha task force victimising hawkers,must you oppress pple all in the name of uniform
i had a similar experience along Lagos Badagry expressway sometimes last year when i was arrested, they insisted on driving, but to my dismay, d guy given d key to drive was a learner, and he hit three okada men before we got to their office. It took the intervention of a Lawyer and their boss their be4 they agreed to treat and repair my vehicle. Useless Lastma.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Chanchit: 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2012
I'm very happy to hear this great news, this country is a lawless country, those lasma wake up everyday looking for ignorant victims, all of them now do daily contribution among themselves, with whose money...? And also the VIO's, all d BRT buses are now in critical conditions, buh they won't catch them, instead they would be looking for car's with cracked windscreen and cracked pointers, when d doors of d brt are no longer closing, and some self r now short of seats....
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
Da Mayor:

Dear speedyboi, apparently discretion is applied in implementing such laws. The point dammytosh is making is that Nigerian laws are not corrective but punitive by nature.
And I quite agree with such laws. Do you think nigeria is like abroad inwhich when citizens are corrected and told the negative effects any action they take on their neighbours? Fact is nigerians don't listen to correction, what they know how to think abt is only themselves; selfish people. Tell me, who doesn't know that taking a brt lane will endanger lives? Which driver wouldn't know that driving in opposite direction on a lane can cause a terrible accident? Nigerians don't take to correction until they are punished severely.

Yankee police catches you speeding doesnt mean yankee police will give you ticket. He looks at the circumstances surrounding the situation and decides if its worth a ticket.
And I can't remember lastma giving anybody ticket for speeding. But if you contravene any traffic rule abroad, nothing can save u from fines....or car impoundment as the case maybe. And stop comparing countries cos they have different people and different laws.

In Nija, theres no sign post saying "ONE WAY", but LASTMA and thugs lay in wait for you to enter ignorantly, and then pounce on you. Definitely this is wrong.

Well I think you are wrong....cos when lastma officials confront you, they always point to the road sign you contråvened (except u were in the arms of impersonators). On another note, that is another situation in naija, no one knows the law. There are some rules that u don't need any sign for you to obey them.
Lemme even ask you this question, do you have any book on constitution of nigeria (like laws in nigeria and the penalties)? Or a book on traffic regulations? I'm sure you don't. But as a citizen and driver, u should have those books so that u will be guided. Those books are in road safety offices nation wide, no one buys them and you will later claim ignorance! (meanwhile ignorance is not even an excuse to thé law). In advance contries, you have to buy those books, orelse you will just find your self getting into one trouble or the other(especially if you want to practise your naija type of driving).
Just pray you dont fall victim to this else you would be swallowing your words.
I have been stopped 3 times. The first two times, my offence didn't warrant car impoundment, I was jst giving a fine. The last time, I was wrongly accused. Thank God I had my road regulations book (I have two, that of abuja and lagos, and it is always in my car everywhere I go), I just told them to point to my offence in the manual, they were dumbfounded (I'm sure they were surprised that someone actually has the manual). They eventually lemme go. That is one of the reasons why each citizen should know the law. That way, no one will cheat on you, or insult your prestige.

And again, recently my younger brother drove against traffic law in abuja(driving in opposite direction just to do sharp naija guy). His car was impounded, he was fined 30000 And was even taken to a psychiatric home for assessment, that won't make me hate them cos they were doing the right thing. Its time to shun corruption and make a better nigeria. Follow the law and no one will embarrass you. FULL STOP!!!
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ah! ah! NLanders! How come no one has blamed GEJ on this matter yet? It's not fair oo sad sad or r we tired of blaming him already? grin grin
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by sharpman1(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
speedyboi: Andd every one is abusing lastma. That shows how lawless nigerians has become. Why did they break the law in the first place. There is a laid down law and a penalty, bt nigerians will still prefer short cut and risk their lives.....mtcheew.....car impoundment and fines is done everywhere according to the gravity of the offence. As for me, I like those lastma guys, and they should continue to be dedicated....atleast, before corrupt nigerians take over again......there dedication has really changed the way people drive now in lagos.....cos nigerians don't know traffic rules....they just drive anyhow, anytime they now get arrested they blame officials....mtcheew...yet you want nigeria to change.....I have always said it...and I will always do...that nigerians are the enemies to themselves, not the leaders

If you have encountered LASTMA and they have cheated you unjustly.......u'l be proud of these students. That is not to say i agree with what was done.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by ade4rskaj: 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
Greatest Nigeria student, greatest of the greatest. Please let peace reign in the state. We need peace among ourself.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by nurullah(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2012
Well, It is not stated here how the LASTMA Officials used broken bottles on us. I as a Yabatech student can say of five students that got injured on that scene. Phones were collected from students. Even our SUG President was beaten and got broken bottle pierces on his wrist. A guy was almost killed because broken bottle was used on his head, he had a blood bath that thursday. I don't know when bottle was approved as LASTMA's weapon. Assuming they had guns, they would have openned fire at us. At present there is a student in thier custody, who was never released even with the intervention of The Dean Student Affairs. It was also stated here that a LASTMA Official was abducted. It was never stated if he was released or the students are asking for ransome before releasing him. Well the truth of the matter is that no LASTMA Official was abducted. He was injured and brought to Yabatech Medical Center for treatment. Is that abduction? Remember students are learnered, not all LASTMA Officials are, so they probably might not know what abduction is.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by kennytidistar(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
i dey laugh like obama afterall ojuyobo always claim to be the student mentor, what do you expect? when the governor and lastman are also agbero their is no otherway to threat them other than like agbero yabatech aluta continual i hail thee
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by kennytidistar(m): 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
nurullah]Well, It is not stated here how the LASTMA Officials
used broken bottles on us. I as a Yabatech student can say of five
students that got injured on that scene. Phones were collected from
students. Even our SUG President was beaten and got broken bottle
pierces on his wrist. A guy was almost killed because broken bottle was
used on his head, he had a blood bath that thursday. I don't know when
bottle was approved as LASTMA's weapon. Assuming they had guns, they
would have openned fire at us. At present there is a student in thier
custody, who was never released even with the intervention of The Dean
Student Affairs. It was also stated here that a LASTMA Official was
abducted. It was never stated if he was released or the students are
asking for ransome before releasing him. Well the truth of the matter is
that no LASTMA Official was abducted. He was injured and brought to
Yabatech Medical Center for treatment. Is that abduction? Remember
students are learnered, not all LASTMA Officials are, so they probably
might not know what abduction is.

i dey feel you like mirinda all the student must go back to their office and retaliate beat their father ass including their clueless gomina.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
sharp man:

If you have encountered LASTMA and they have cheated you unjustly.......u'l be proud of these students. That is not to say i agree with what was done.

Its because you allow them to cheat on you! If you know nigerian rules and regulations, you will be able to confront them about any wrong accusation they make. And you will be surprised to see their reactions (especially if you are confident of what you are saying and you are making sense). But unfortunately, most of their accusations are right most of the time....so the best thing to do is to give in to their demand and save ur self any embarrassment.
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
speedyboi:

Its because you allow them to cheat on you! If you know nigerian rules and regulations, you will be able to confront them about any wrong accusation they make. And you will be surprised to see their reactions (especially if you are confident of what you are saying and you are making sense). But unfortunately, most of their accusations are right most of the time....so the best thing to do is to give in to their demand and save ur self any embarrassment.
lol,how long did u stay in nigeria or have u been in nigeria
not supportng what the students did just responding to your post
Re: Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others by RuuDie(m): 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
Nobody called UNILAG students agberos when they were hijacking BRTs and shutting down 3rd mainland. . .so I wonder why all this insults being hurled at the Great YCT!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sad Realities Of The Modern World(pics) / Mark Zukerberg finally reacts To WhatsApp Shutdown ( screenshot ) / Seminar/project Topics And Materials In Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.