Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. (2302 Views)

The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. / The Divine Way Men And Women Are Created By God And Its Pitfalls / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 9:48am On Jul 14, 2012
I wonder why some churches(except the Roman Catholics) give power to women as Pastors, Priests and even Bishops.
The word of God proclaims,"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent(1Timothy 2: 11-12).
God through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authourity over men. This precludes women from serving as PASTORS over men(even the church; because men are also present), which definitely includes preaching to, teaching and having spiritual authority.
Pastor come from a Greek word meaning: Shepherd(male), there are no such things as Pastoress or Shepherdess(female).
In (Romans 16: 1) Phoebe is considered a "DEACONESS" instead of a "servant", that does not indicate that Phoebe was a teacher in the church,"able to teach" is a qualification for elders, but not deacons(1 Timothy 3: 1-13; Titus 1: 6-9). The Bible nowhere restricted women from exercising the gift of the Holy spirit(1 Corinthians 12). Women, just as much as men are called to *minister* to others, to *demonstrate* the fruit of the *Holy spirit*. (Titus 2: 3-5) The Bible also does not restrict women from teaching children(because they can be deceived easily), the only activity women are restricted from is teaching or having spiritual authority over men. This procludes women serving as PASTORS, PRIEST, & even BISHOPS.
Now, why do some churches give power to women as PASTOR, PRIESTS and BISHOPS?
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2012
Please, reasonable answers are required.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by okeyxyz(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Either By mistranslation or misinformation, they think deacon/deaconess is a position of authority and have therefore proceeded to practice it so.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by eddy1977(m): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2012
and the same bible says in ephesians 6 that slaves should submit to their masters.does this mean that God encourages slavery?
the samaritan woman proclaimed the gospel and brought an entire city to christ.why should nt christian women today bring their city to christ?
mary carried the word in her womb for 9 months,why shouldn't a christian woman carry the word in her mouth in the pulpit for one hour?
i am not too proud to hear a woman teach.if the lord has anointed her,then let the lord use her.

one more thing about your praise of the catholics.do you know that the catholics have actually murdered millions of christians for reading the bible?
i wouldn't use catholics as models of godliness.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by eddy1977(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
as for having no such thing as female shepperd, you may want to reconsider that notion because leah and rachel were female shepperds.
no woman should have authority over a man? i would also tell you that no man should have authority over another man s wife. in fact only jesus should have authority over everyone because he alone is lord.

paul said a woman should not teach.does this mean that women taught at some point in the early church? why would he have to restrict them if they never taught to start with?

there is more we can explain here...
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2012
eddy1977: and the same bible says in ephesians 6 that slaves should submit to their masters.does this mean that God encourages slavery?
the samaritan woman proclaimed the gospel and brought an entire city to christ.why should nt christian women today bring their city to christ?
mary carried the word in her womb for 9 months,why shouldn't a christian woman carry the word in her mouth in the pulpit for one hour?
i am not too proud to hear a woman teach.if the lord has anointed her,then let the lord use her.

one more thing about your praise of the catholics.do you know that the catholics have actually murdered millions of christians for reading the bible?
Please lay no curse on yourself and don't speak blasphemous. The Catholics have never murdered anyone for the sake of any Bible of a sort.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2012
eddy1977: as for having no such thing as female shepperd, you may want to reconsider that notion because leah and rachel were female shepperds.
no woman should have authority over a man? i would also tell you that no man should have authority over another man s wife. in fact only jesus should have authority over everyone because he alone is lord.

paul said a woman should not teach.does this mean that women taught at some point in the early church? why would he have to restrict them if they never taught to start with?

there is more we can explain here...
Paul never said, preach or taught anything of his own but God's words(take note)
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
eddy1977: and the same bible says in ephesians 6 that slaves should submit to their masters.does this mean that God encourages slavery?

You also confused yourself. Ephesian 6; talking about slavery has nothing to do with the issue at hand.(please don't read the bible upside down so as not to confuse yourself)
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: Please lay no curse on yourself and don't speak blasphemous. The Catholics have never murdered anyone for the sake of any Bible of a sort.
my friend,dont display your ignorance.the catholics murdered millions of people by either branding them heretics or by accusing them of blasphemy.millions more were killed during the "holy crusades".millions more were killed in the wars carried out by the church to "spread christianity".
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: Paul never said, preach or taught anything of his own but God's words(take note)
paul that never met jesus and was even summoned by the apostles for preaching a different doctrine.paul speaks paul's words.forget all that inspiration bladderdash
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2012
the gospel according to mary magdalene(it wasnt included in the bible because it conflicted with paul)
chapter 5
1)go to the Gentiles and preach the gospel of the Kingdom of the Son of Man? If they did not spare Him, how will they spare us?
2) Then Mary stood up, greeted them all, and said to her brethren, Do not weep and do not grieve nor be irresolute, for His grace will be entirely with you and will protect you.
3) But rather, let us praise His greatness, for He has prepared us and made us into Men.
4) When Mary said this, she turned their hearts to the Good, and they began to discuss the words of the Savior.
5) Peter said to Mary, Sister we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman.
6) Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember which you know, but we do not, nor have we heard them.
7) Mary answered and said, What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you.
cool And she began to speak to them these words: I, she said, I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to Him, Lord I saw you today in a vision. He answered and said to me,
9) Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is there is the treasure.
10) I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?
11) The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soulnor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two that is what sees the vision and it is [...]
(pages 11 - 14 are missing from the manuscript)
Chapter 8:
. . . it.
10) And desire said, I did not see you descending, but now I see you ascending. Why do you lie since you belong to me?
11) The soul answered and said, I saw you. You did not see me nor recognize me. I served you as a garment and you did not know me.
12) When it said this, it (the soul) went away rejoicing greatly.
13) Again it came to the third power, which is called ignorance.
14) The power questioned the soul, saying, Where are you going? In wickedness are you bound. But you are bound; do not judge!
15) And the soul said, Why do you judge me, although I have not judged?
16) I was bound, though I have not bound.
17) I was not recognized. But I have recognized that the All is beingdissolved, both the earthly things and the heavenly.
18) When the soul had overcome the third power, it went upwards and saw the fourth power, which took seven forms.
19) The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven powers of wrath.
20) They asked the soul, Whence do you come slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?
21) The soul answered and said, What binds me has been slain, andwhat turns me about has been overcome,
22) and my desire has been ended, and ignorance has died.
23) In a aeon I was released from a world, and in a Type from a type, and from the fetter of oblivion which is transient.
24) From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the aeon, in silence.
Chapter 9
1) When Mary had said this, she fell silent, since it was to this point that the Savior had spoken with her.
2) But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, Say what you wish to say about what she has said. I at least do not believe that the Savior said this. For certainly these teachings are strange ideas.
3) Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things.
4) He questioned them about the Savior: Did He really speak privately with a woman and not openly to us? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?
5) Then Mary wept and said to Peter, My brother Peter, what do youthink? Do you think that I have thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Savior?
6) Levi answered and said to Peter, Peter you have always been hot tempered.
7) Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries.
cool But if the Savior made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Savior knows her very well.
9) That is why He loved her more than us. Rather let us be ashamedand put on the perfect Man, and separate as He commanded us andpreach the gospel, not laying down any other rule or other law beyond what the Savior said.
10) And when they heard this they began to go forth to proclaim and to preach.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
my friend,dont display your ignorance.the catholics murdered millions of people by either branding them heretics or by accusing them of blasphemy.millions more were killed during the "holy crusades".millions more were killed in the wars carried out by the church to "spread christianity".
What war was carried out in order to spread the gosple. Listen, the early christians were persecuted by the non believers. The war for christianity meant that they went on to pass the gospel even when they were persecuted. Please don't get it twisted.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
paul that never met jesus and was even summoned by the apostles for preaching a different doctrine.paul speaks paul's words.forget all that inspiration bladderdash
Listen and don't make mistakes. Who arrested Saul(Paul)? In whose name did Paul preach? The Holy spirit fell upon Paul during his ministry. Please read the bible very well. Paul became one of the greatest apostle.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita: the gospel according to mary magdalene(it wasnt included in the bible because it conflicted with paul)
chapter 5
1)go to the Gentiles and preach the gospel of the Kingdom of the Son of Man? If they did not spare Him, how will they spare us?
2) Then Mary stood up, greeted them all, and said to her brethren, Do not weep and do not grieve nor be irresolute, for His grace will be entirely with you and will protect you.
3) But rather, let us praise His greatness, for He has prepared us and made us into Men.
4) When Mary said this, she turned their hearts to the Good, and they began to discuss the words of the Savior.
5) Peter said to Mary, Sister we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman.
6) Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember which you know, but we do not, nor have we heard them.
7) Mary answered and said, What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you.
cool And she began to speak to them these words: I, she said, I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to Him, Lord I saw you today in a vision. He answered and said to me,
9) Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is there is the treasure.
10) I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?
11) The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soulnor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two that is what sees the vision and it is [...]
(pages 11 - 14 are missing from the manuscript)
Chapter 8:
. . . it.
10) And desire said, I did not see you descending, but now I see you ascending. Why do you lie since you belong to me?
11) The soul answered and said, I saw you. You did not see me nor recognize me. I served you as a garment and you did not know me.
12) When it said this, it (the soul) went away rejoicing greatly.
13) Again it came to the third power, which is called ignorance.
14) The power questioned the soul, saying, Where are you going? In wickedness are you bound. But you are bound; do not judge!
15) And the soul said, Why do you judge me, although I have not judged?
16) I was bound, though I have not bound.
17) I was not recognized. But I have recognized that the All is beingdissolved, both the earthly things and the heavenly.
18) When the soul had overcome the third power, it went upwards and saw the fourth power, which took seven forms.
19) The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven powers of wrath.
20) They asked the soul, Whence do you come slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?
21) The soul answered and said, What binds me has been slain, andwhat turns me about has been overcome,
22) and my desire has been ended, and ignorance has died.
23) In a aeon I was released from a world, and in a Type from a type, and from the fetter of oblivion which is transient.
24) From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the aeon, in silence.
Chapter 9
1) When Mary had said this, she fell silent, since it was to this point that the Savior had spoken with her.
2) But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, Say what you wish to say about what she has said. I at least do not believe that the Savior said this. For certainly these teachings are strange ideas.
3) Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things.
4) He questioned them about the Savior: Did He really speak privately with a woman and not openly to us? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?
5) Then Mary wept and said to Peter, My brother Peter, what do youthink? Do you think that I have thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Savior?
6) Levi answered and said to Peter, Peter you have always been hot tempered.
7) Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries.
cool But if the Savior made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Savior knows her very well.
9) That is why He loved her more than us. Rather let us be ashamedand put on the perfect Man, and separate as He commanded us andpreach the gospel, not laying down any other rule or other law beyond what the Savior said.
10) And when they heard this they began to go forth to proclaim and to preach.
The gospel according to Mary Magdalene? Please don't be fooled. Anti christs!
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: What war was carried out in order to spread the gosple. Listen, the early christians were persecuted by the non believers. The war for christianity meant that they went on to pass the gospel even when they were persecuted. Please don't get it twisted.
i never thought there were still people who are this ignorant about christianity.ask google to tell you "how many people were eecuted by the catholic church" and about the "holy crusades"
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: Listen and don't make mistakes. Who arrested Saul(Paul)? In whose name did Paul preach? The Holy spirit fell upon Paul during his ministry. Please read the bible very well. Paul became one of the greatest apostle.
mumu.the only person with evidence that paul saw "the lord on the road" was paul himself.there was no other person that mentioned this except paul
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: The gospel according to Mary Magdalene? Please don't be fooled. Anti christs!
so you think all the gospels are contained in the bible
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
i never thought there were still people who are this ignorant about christianity.ask google to tell you "how many people were eecuted by the catholic church" and about the "holy crusades"
I regret to say that you're the one ignorant. Just ask the person next to you to confirm. Please don't be fooled.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
so you think all the gospels are contained in the bible
I know but I doubt that Magdalene of a gospel. I thing i know the origine of that gospel* if u which, i can tell*
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
mumu.the only person with evidence that paul saw "the lord on the road" was paul himself.there was no other person that mentioned this except paul
Please we're nt here to insult each other. ST. Paul was formerly Saul. He was a great and know persecutor of xtians after christ.* i suppose u've heard nd read his story*. How can St. Paul lie about his arrestation on his way to Damascus. Why did Barnabas find him blind? Later regain his sight. Why did the jews who sent him sort to kill him and he escaped throught the city wall on a basket? St. Paul told his story openly because it was true. Please don't be so ignorant. Are u a lukeworm christian? Please better nt be.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
Please let me see the source of your alligations, any prove of any sort?
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by MrAnony1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2012
The gospel of mary magdalene? Wow? The passage posted here did not in any way read like anything else in the rest of the bible that I know. In fact when Andrew in this verse said "this doesn't sound like the Lord" it echoed my exact thoughts.

@Delafruita, there is a certain Spirit evident in scripture. When you read or hear something not inspired by the Spirit of God, you will know immediately, especially if you have the Holy Spirit in you.
I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is but I'll say this much: The passage you quoted sounds more like some New Age fabrication than anything inspired of God.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
Mr_Anony: The gospel of mary magdalene? Wow? The passage posted here did not in any way read like anything else in the rest of the bible that I know. In fact when Andrew in this verse said "this doesn't sound like the Lord" it echoed my exact thoughts.

@Delafruita, there is a certain Spirit evident in scripture. When you read or hear something not inspired by the Spirit of God, you will know immediately, especially if you have the Holy Spirit in you.
I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is but I'll say this much: The passage you quoted sounds more like some New Age fabrication than anything inspired of God.
Thank goodness, atleast someone was really scaling through! Thank u so much! Like I said * i know the story of that gospel*
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: I regret to say that you're the one ignorant. Just ask the person next to you to confirm. Please don't be fooled.
mumu.just go to google
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: Please we're nt here to insult each other. ST. Paul was formerly Saul. He was a great and know persecutor of xtians after christ.* i suppose u've heard nd read his story*. How can St. Paul lie about his arrestation on his way to Damascus. Why did Barnabas find him blind? Later regain his sight. Why did the jews who sent him sort to kill him and he escaped throught the city wall on a basket? St. Paul told his story openly because it was true. Please don't be so ignorant. Are u a lukeworm christian? Please better nt be.
who said all these things?paul.did any other person confirm it?
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: I know but I doubt that Magdalene of a gospel. I thing i know the origine of that gospel* if u which, i can tell*
i wish
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
who said all these things?paul.did any other person confirm it?
Remember that he was traveling with some sub-ordinates who were living witnesses. Please i refer u to ur bible.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
Mr_Anony: The gospel of mary magdalene? Wow? The passage posted here did not in any way read like anything else in the rest of the bible that I know. In fact when Andrew in this verse said "this doesn't sound like the Lord" it echoed my exact thoughts.

you mean anything that isnt in the bible isnt "inspiredby god".however,its a well known fact that not all the gospels were put in the Bible and i know you know that.so what is the basis for your condemnation of the gospel according to mary magdalene?
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
i wish
There was this regime of a certain pope who organised a group to search for the lost cup used during the last supper(the story was a lie). When this group found the cup, they SAID that they found a scrole beside the cup.(who conjured such a coincidence?) They brought back the cup along side the scrole(holding the duplicate). After telling their story, they urged the pope to tell the people what the content was saying.(the content: that Jesus married Magdalene). As said: the pope said that it will spoil the gospel and bring chaos, confusion and loss of faith. Then he destroid the scrole(not knowing about the duplicate). Then those Anti christ went about preaching against Christ and puclishing that SAID gospel(which was a living lie). The content can be seen in a book calle The DAVINCI CODE.
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: Thank goodness, atleast someone was really scaling through! Thank u so much! Like I said * i know the story of that gospel*
if i had known you weren't a well informed person,i probably wouldnt have posted on this thread.
m
Mr Anony on the other hand is a reasonable fella.his arguments are concise and though most of the time we dont agree,i am made to work hard and do more research just to prove my point.with you,i dont need to unless you prove me otherwise by granting my wish.tellme about the source of the magdalene gosspel
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Delafruita(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
Castos: Remember that he was traveling with some sub-ordinates who were living witnesses. Please i refer u to ur bible.
did any of this subordinates in anyway confirm paul's claim of the encounter on the road to damascus?
Re: Women Are Restricted From The Work Of A Pastor. by Castos(m): 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
mumu.just go to google
Please ur source or u're just making up a story.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Aint Worshipping A Black Man With Afro, Your Head Finna Be Chopped Off / Obama Step Mother In Scoan / Catholic Priest Wakes Up From Comaafter 17 Months, Converts To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.