Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Is There A Limit To What You Can Forgive? Read This Before You Answer. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Limit To What You Can Forgive? Read This Before You Answer. (850 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / No Age Limit: Can You Dress Up Your Daughter Looking This Hot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Limit To What You Can Forgive? Read This Before You Answer. by nanizle(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2012
"I Forgive You", Father tells Man Who Raped and Murdered His Daughter and Wife.

Mr. Arturo Matinez woke up in his Las Vegas home surrounded by blood, dizzy, weak and seriously wounded. His bedroom wall was covered in blood.

“After I saw this, I checked on my daughter and saw the same exact scene all over again,” he said in a statement.

He found his two young sons unharmed and looking up at him.

Matinez looked around for the attacker and found no one. He tried calling the police, but his fingers were not responding as expected. He was unaware that the attacker had fractured his skull in 17 places.

Before he passed out, he told one of his sons, Cristopher, to go to school and tell them what happened.

The next thing he remembred is that police officers woke him and placed him in handcuffs.
Three months after the horrific attack, Arturo Martinez at a press conference announced that he has forgiven the man who raped and killed his wife and daughter.

"Our happy family was destroyed by the evil of this man,

"This terrible crime is just one of many evil things in our world," he says. "I choose not to give in to this evil. I choose life and happiness for my sons. ... We choose to turn our heads away from evil and acknowledge the good things in this world. We choose to be strong and move forward.

"I have to forgive him."

“It is my prayer that my wife Yardira and my daughter Karla are in heaven waiting for me and my sons, for me to arrive to spend eternity with them.” Martinez said at the press conference he hosted on Thursday, in front of friends, family and local politicians to thank them for their help and announce his forgiveness.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/?p=21108

I am speechless. cry

(1) (Reply)

At What Age Should A Child Stop Requesting Money From His Parents? / Stupid Love / Help! My Little Sister Played A Prank On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.