Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

How Do I Get Into Google First Page? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Get Into Google First Page? (946 Views)

How To Rank On Google First Page Easily / See How To Rank On Google First Page / How To Make Your Website Appear On The First Page Of Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by Engineer1985(m): 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
Guys I really want your help on this issue. I set up a blog about 3weeks ago and started submitting it to search engines, so far I have submittd to over 300 search engines and still submitting to more. My traffic has increased from the usual 3-4 visits to about 80 daily, but i really want to get into google first page, so my traffic could sky rocket. I have read so many articles on net, some people offer to help, but for a fee. I dont really know what to do. Your opinion, please.....
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by yawatide(f): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
1) If you did your homework well, then you would have known that it takes up to 4-6 weeks to even get indexed by google for example.
2) Visit sites that are like yours and see what they are doing to rank on the first page. Everyone can't be #1 so aim at being b/w 1st and 5th
3) Since this is a blog, write on topics that people actually want to read and come back for more. Think of the blog sites you visit and mimic them

Good luck!
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by Javanian: 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
@yawa-ti-de can you do SEO for my site?
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by darkhand: 12:19am On Jul 17, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
1) If you did your homework well, then you would have known that it takes up to 4-6 weeks to even get indexed by google for example.
2) Visit sites that are like yours and see what they are doing to rank on the first page. Everyone can't be #1 so aim at being b/w 1st and 5th
3) Since this is a blog, write on topics that people actually want to read and come back for more. Think of the blog sites you visit and mimic them

Good luck!

Haba 4 to 6 weeks to get indexed? Indexing takes 72 hours, I have indexed sites in even less. How would he know what the competition is doing? Can he analyze their site, backlinks, linking strategy? Don't you think he should just let a professional do it for him?
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by Engineer1985(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2012
Thanks so much guys 4 ur contributions. I may think of hiring the services of an expert, if I cannot achieve it myself.
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by yawatide(f): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2012
darkhand:
From google itself, they say 4 - 6 weeks. I personally have had my sites indexed in that 72 hour window, however, I have to stick to making official statements. Sorry.

Of course, it is one thing to be indexed and another to be ranked high.
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by Engineer1985(m): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
Thanks yawa-ti-de for your contributions, could you please, share with us those things you did to be indexd in 72hrs. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by yawatide(f): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
I have noticed that whenever I register sites I do with my google webmasters account (as in, verify the site on there and submit a sitemap for the particular site) and add the google analytics code to the header portion of my site, such sites get indexed much quicker than those I do nothing for. I have seen sites get indexed anywhere b/w 3 and 7 days using the aforementioned methods.

Good luck!
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by Engineer1985(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2012
Fanks a million, Yawa-ti-de! I will try that out and see how it works 4 me.
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by FatBusyBee(f): 1:57am On Jul 18, 2012
Hi getting your site to the first page of google requires some work as you might have known...but firstly you did not give the keyword[s] you are targeting to rank so we can see the competition.

secondly, i also know that the official indexing time might truly run into 4-6 weeks but you can also get your site indexed within 24hrs [i have done this severally to many of my MNS].

Thirdly, you need to be aware that google loves authority sites more than newly created sites so you need to check your competitions domain age and see how old they are.

what page are you currently on now...and you said you submitted your blogs to over 300 search engines...i need to know if the submission was done manually or with a software and for how long did this submission last [1/day...2/day...]

do you have google ads on your site? if you have when did you place the ads there?

and not forgetten your on page SEO [this is very important if you want to rank your site]

so many tips you did not provide so i can do a due dilligence work for your site...i will be watching this thread for responses and i MIGHT give out my personal script i use to index my site within 24hrs...
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by Engineer1985(m): 6:14am On Jul 18, 2012
@Fatbusybee: the blog am talking about is the one in my signature. It centers around education and study abroad tips. I don't have ads on it yet, since its a new blog i didn't want to apply to adsense so i will not be rejectd. As for the submission, it was done manually. Thanks
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by FatBusyBee(f): 8:27am On Jul 18, 2012
okay let start from what you have given me..."how do i get into Google First Page?"....but first i need to have the keyword[s] you are targeting...if you dont feel like showing it here maybe you can send it to my inbox phyllyx@live.com...

the keyword will allow me to determine how long it might take you to show up on the first page...if its very competitive or not. you did not specify how long it took you to submit this blog to SE directories.
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by Engineer1985(m): 8:43am On Jul 18, 2012
Ok, i will send u a message
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by FatBusyBee(f): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2012
EDITED===this is part of a text i sent to Engineer1985 and i believe it might be helpful to others...

Please note: there are other profitable keywords you can target that can still generate targeted traffic and even more! ie you easily rank it without so much stress.

if you decide to rank your site and get it to first page of Google then this is what you need to know

"Where you’re getting your links, the quality of these links, the relevancy of these links, how many links you have and what keywords you’re using as the anchor text all affect your rankings.[i][/i]"

But there are other factors that affect your ranking, including but not limited to

1. on page factor
2. whether you have unique content
3. how frequent do you update your site
4. whether your domain include your primary keyword
5. shady practice such as keyword stuffing

im sorry i could keep on and on...but i hope you get the message. get long tail keyword and you will rank your site easily!

Regards
FBB
Re: How Do I Get Into Google First Page? by jamessmit(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
yawa-ti-de:

Good luck!

Hi yawa-ti-de,

Nice suggestion, i like it. To reach on first page of google, we have to do lot's effort as Engineer1985's blog is set up before 3 weeks ago, it gets some time to reach on top of the position. For that you have to design your blog seo friendly with essential on page changes. And finally start off page activity(submission) with unique and updated content. Then success is yours.

(1) (Reply)

Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg / Prolific And Professional Website Designer And Developer Needed / How To Watch Youtube Videos On Your Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.