Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg (964 Views)

How Long Does It Take For Domain Propagation To Be Completed? / Adsense Check Taking Too Long / How To Kill Domain Propagation Time (DNS Changes) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DeeAe: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2012
Since thursday 19th of this month ive been waiting for my site to propagate but till date it hasnt..how long does this take.. what is the main purpose of this, cause ive created a site before with this same host about 3yrs ago and there nothing annoying like this propagation thing then...whats d max time length it could take, and shld i make any moves?? ive already submitted a complaint ticket....yh the host is smartweb
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
The said domain name shouldn't take more than 48 hours max.
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by Ojukwu24(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2012
Since 19th. Just check to be sure your settings are okay, like your Nameservers....
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by tessyade: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
Call them to find out what the problem is. Domain propagation shouldnt take this long.
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DeeAe: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
wt nameserver settings?... was i meant to do anything?
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DualCore1: 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
Provide the domain name and I can run a check for you to see what the problem could be.

Just some useful info, domain propagation is immediate for new domain registrations as long as the nameservers were not changed a while after registration. Domain propagation could take 24-48 hours from the time of change of the DNS records (Could be nameservers, A records, CNAME, etc).
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DeeAe: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
edit
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DualCore1: 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2012
The domain you just provided has not even been registered and is still available for anyone to register. Confirm that is the actual domain you ordered with your host service provider. If it is... they have not registered it so this is not an issue of domain propagation.

P.S: It would be in your best interest to modify your post and take off the domain name because it can be registered by anyone before your host finally decides to register it in fulfillment of your order.
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by bigfat02: 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
6hrs by syskay
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DeeAe: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
so wt do i do now @dualcore.. contact smartweb and complain..it probably my fault, i made payments after it was overdue...tho they still sent me all normal mails
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
@OP I could help you register it if indeed it`s still available.
I use a U.S host account because they are more reliable.
Check link on my signature.
Just want to lend a helping hand.
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by databoy247(m): 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
smartweb again. Pheeeeew!
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DualCore1: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2012
Dee_Ae: so wt do i do now @dualcore.. contact smartweb and complain..it probably my fault, i made payments after it was overdue...tho they still sent me all normal mails

Contact your host and ask for your domain to be registered, do not start resorting to any other service provider just yet. You have already paid for the service.
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by mrperfect(m): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2012
Register it fast before something else happens.
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DeeAe: 11:24am On Jul 24, 2012
they are asking me for the full of the domain and my intentions, tho they are stupid sha...they couldnt send me a message to ask immediately, must i be the one to contact them?

@brand new..if not cause ive made payments, i'd move to you..infact maybe i'll file for a refund!! angry angry
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by Afam4eva(m): 11:35am On Jul 24, 2012
Dee_Ae: they are asking me for the full of the domain and my intentions, tho they are stupid sha...they couldnt send me a message to ask immediately, must i be the one to contact them?

@brand new..if not cause ive made payments, i'd move to you..infact maybe i'll file for a refund!! angry angry
Pls come again with the bolded.

Even if you've made payment and you want to move to another domain registrar, it may not be easy because the domain no longer belongs to you because it has expired and is now in the control of the domain registrar.

What are they saying right now?
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DeeAe: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
after the refund threat they asked for my payment and invoice details cheesy

EDIT:
its all up and running! thank you all for your support
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by databoy247(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
trudigits own nor dey tey like dis oh, na instanta wink
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
Edit...Congrats man!
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by rufaai(m): 2:05am On Jul 25, 2012
This is not nice, when you have problems with your host... you contact them not nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DeeAe: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2012
^^^I just wanted to know if the delay was a normal thing, my fault or the hosts and its the hosts fault apparently tongue
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2012
am having the same damn problem with smartweb. SMH. I wish i had read this thread b4 making payment. The lads up at smartweb wont even take my calls anymore. I'd just sit and watch a lil
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by DeeAe: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
they expect you to send dem a ticket complaining and informing them about the purpose of the site or else you'll wait tire!
Re: Domain Propagation...its Taking Too Long Abeg by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
undecided undecided Reason why i may never host a site in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Buy This Blog At A Cheapest Price / Selling Hosted Adsense Account With $18 Balance / Join Our Whatsapp Group @ Bugwap Xclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.