Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Is Google Down? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Google Down? (1145 Views)

Why Is Google Adsense So Wicked?? See Me See Wahala Oo / Why Is Google Adsense Rejecting My Application / Is Google + A Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Google Down? by DeeAe: 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
google site is not working here, on both my browsers, and i cant see any google ads on websites too, is it just me ??
Re: Is Google Down? by shorxynla(m): 6:25pm On Jul 17, 2012
I just checked now and its workig
Re: Is Google Down? by talk2hb1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
Same here
I am trying to login into the google analytic page but its not working including the power search page.
Re: Is Google Down? by DeeAe: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
nothing google is working for me...even youtube
Re: Is Google Down? by talk2hb1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
do you have google analytics or are you registered for the google power search training both are not working. I have downloaded more 1Gig file on youtube this afternoon and its working fine with GMAIL.
Re: Is Google Down? by yawatide(f): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
Google can NEVER be down, with respect to this post.

Google most likely does what other enterprise corporations do - host their sites on my servers in different locations. It is possible that at your particular time, the "colo" that you are hitting isn't online and you aren't being rerouted to another.

If the above isn't the case, I do recall that last year when I downloaded a virus unknowingly, all search engines, except yahoo were blocked. I don't recall if youtube was blocked though the few times that I did get google, search results were all being rerouted to ad sites...unless I did a "copy link location" and pasted the link from there in my address bar.

Good luck!
Re: Is Google Down? by DualCore1: 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2012
As far as I know, some Etisalat connections could no longer connect to Gmail or any of Google's services from about 4:30 PM. Situation is still same now.

Google is not down, this is more like an ISP (Etisalat) DNS resolution problem.
Re: Is Google Down? by DeeAe: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
yh i use etisalat... make dem no vex me oo, mtn has done deir own todei angry
Re: Is Google Down? by Peterson1993(m): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
Google is not down jareĀ” It is etisalat that is down. Nairaland is even currently down with etisalat. The most hopeless ISP in Nigeria!
Re: Is Google Down? by DeeAe: 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2012
na i'm browsing nl wit d eti currently... but abeg which is the best network in naija.. mtn na no go area for sure, who knows anytn about airtel??
Re: Is Google Down? by DualCore1: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
Peterson1993: The most hopeless ISP in Nigeria!
Your statement is baseless, you may want to take out any personal issues you have with Etisalat with them directly. My jobs require I am online 24 hours everyday by whatever means.

I use MTN's 3000/mo full BIS on my Blackberry for push emails, Etisalat on my Galaxy for the same push emails and internet, Zain as a backup. I have been with this setup for over a year and Etisalat has been the most stable connection.

Etisalat is down now, yes... but this is just a DNS resolution problem. I am using the same Etisalat connection for GMail and other things but I am using one of my servers as a proxy (VPN) so I am not experiencing the problem they are having.

Don't rubbish people's businesses if you haven't had a first hand experience of their services. It doesn't make you look good.

If Etisalat is so bad for you, you can't blame them for your renting an apartment in the bush, at the fringes of Etisalat's coverage area and I won't have to react to your statement if it was better put... "The most hopeless ISP in my bush".
Re: Is Google Down? by Peterson1993(m): 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ha yo! Dual Core don stone my head
Re: Is Google Down? by Peterson1993(m): 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2012
Dee_Ae: na i'm browsing nl wit d eti currently... but abeg which is the best network in naija.. mtn na no go area for sure, who knows anytn about airtel??
undisputably AIRTEL for the internet aspect though because I don't mostly use it for phone calls. Am not the only one that will say this if we were 1 million debating this. AIRTEL is the best! MTN is good but frequent bad network and fluctuation of charging rates. While ETISALAT is completely hopeless

(1) (Reply)

Build A Membership And Referral Website With Networking Site / Paypal Account,clickbank Account & US Bank Service..free For The First 3 Replies / Calling Out Iwuchukwu Anthony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.