Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Did Dbanj Copy Durella? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Did Dbanj Copy Durella? (4592 Views)

Durella - Blame It On The Money / Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx / D'banj And Durella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by coolboyapg: 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2007
pls hiss off.THE FACT NA SAY DBANJ IS THE KOKO,it would take durella a century to have a song like tongolo ,tongolo remix,why me and move tour body.yes watch out for jazzyville coming out soon.PLS GRAB THE MOHITS COMPILATION ALBUM DROPPING ON THE 26 of DECEMBER.the fact is dbanj is better
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by FullyFine: 11:46am On Dec 18, 2007
Forget the story, Durella is way better and would do things to short you all in a bit.

Love you Durella, Can I hav your babies?
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by layemmy(m): 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2007
durella his far by far better than dbanj,dbanj won an mtv award that the likes of ciara,shaggy,wyclef didnt even know it existed,i think it was given to him 2 day prior to the events.
if you notice dbanj is now deviating from the style he is know with,and durella is not new he has written alot of song that you people didnt even knoe.
lexy doo skeske was written by him and many more.
durella really gbaski,and his kegite vibration is naty woged.

durella rocks ooooooooooo no be lie[/size][size=8pt]
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by femionasan(m): 2:21am On Dec 19, 2007
I actually was refraining from replyin this thread but i had to. D'banj actually copied durella. Durella was first noticed in a hotel room where jjc and the 419 squad, d'banj, don jazzy and a few other artists were having some kinda hangout, everyone one was freestylin while Mr. Skillz (JJc) did the beats. Then durella started his flow. Everyone was shocked in the room that day. They were even wonderin who he was cos nobody exactly noticed him. Anyway d'banj and durella became very tight pals and then as time went on d'banj began to flow like him, there is no proof about this. I like d'banj and all but this is wot confirmed witnesses of the whole episode explained.D'banj originally did some r&b crap b4 this whole durella thing came into play. Like the previous poster said, if u listen properly d'banj has begun to change his style. I dont know who is better but in the naija music industry its a totally different ball game.
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by Ebaby2: 6:03am On Dec 19, 2007
Have always knew Dbanj copied Durella
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by playmate(f): 6:35am On Dec 19, 2007
all dat talk dat dbanj copied durella re mere assumptions.pple think bout it no mata hw hard one tries 2 emulate som1 it wuld neva b d same nd as far as am concerned dbanj nd durella re kinda different.
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by tosinadeda: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2007
d'banj pass all this shit jare . durella should wait for his time

Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by kene86(m): 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2007
grin ;DThe dragon has just been unleashed!!The fact still remains that Durella is tight and so is Dbanj but as for who copied who?It will soon tell.In the very law of things original products always survive the market.The fakes will remain flashes in the pan.
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by toluwalomo(m): 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2007
I was opportuned to see D'banj perform in April 2005 at Fantasy Land. And he and Durella wee on stage.

They looked like twins: same shades, white singlets and sagging jeans.

They were inseprable back in the days. There is a mystery about those two somewhere.

It is so easy to say Durella jacked D'banj's style cuz he's the one without the money.

Same thing happend to Jaz-O who got jacked for his style by Jay-Z.

The fact that D'banj and Durella were bosom buddies back in the days and singing together should tell you something?

Cuz we all like D'banj don't mean he don't have a graveyard in his cupboard.
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 22, 2007
really dnt know him myself.if he were as popular as dbanj, then there really would be some qualms
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by crazo(m): 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2009
i heard durella and d'banj wer 4rnds b4 stardom came in
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by pheesayor(m): 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
I beleive one day one of them will speak up, It's only a matter of time
Re: Did Dbanj Copy Durella? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:49am On Feb 24
tosinadeda:

its obvious this is a lie i sabi una kind for nairaland angry angry angry

and yea Durella wrote tongolo and Dbanj stole it yeah yeah tell dat to the birds lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
i hope this doesnt turn to another faze and tuface palava cos no matter how glaring it is sumpeople just since things backwards d'banj did this d'banj did thatwhen the guy dey hustle for daily bread una no know am then o the guy blow finish una dey talk say him copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so because he also uses the word, it means he copied durella abi? y not the other way round by the way i watched that same show,and it was a review of this year so wut u watched is wut hapnd earlier this year before durella blew up. so i think u can figure out who is copying who grin angry embarassed

by the way i watched an interviewpity icant post it here cos it was a live show on tv where durella was interviewed and was ask about d'banji cant quote wut he said but from wut i understand he said he never knew d'banj until he came back to nigeria and his friends started telln him dat himdurella and d'banj sing alike and even look alike and that was how he knew d'banj.

so the durella was under mo'hits and d'banj copied durella is bullshit embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

🤔🤔

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Nigerian' Hip Hop Doesnt Make Sense / M.I Abaga VS Kendrick Lamar / Download Wizkid - Ole [lamba Cover]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.