Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,302 members, 7,822,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section (6134 Views)

What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market / Pain At The Navel 6 Weeks After C-section / C-section Versus Natural Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Gracie1818(f): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
i had my first baby normal but it wastnt funny at all. Am pregnant again and I am strongly thinking of going for an elective CS. Pls share ur eperience with me. I knw there are other women who are thinking thesame thing. Thanks
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Mumsluv: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
I dont have anything against C/S, i'l recommend it if its to save the mother & baby but to voluntarily go under the knife as against normal delivery is really mind boggling. Why would you want to go through the stress of pain for weeks, inactivity, fear of infection and high medical bill as against normal delivery where the pain ends as soon as the baby is born? If its in an EMERGENCY, the baby in a breech position, pre-eclampsia, prolonged labour etc no problem but when you are physically fit to deliver naturally why not? You can as well say you wont get pregnant again & save yourself pregnancy related stress or you choose SURROGACY as an option. I see & hear would be mothers rejecting C/S as their only option for delivery, they confess positively to giving birth naturally then you on your part want to choose that as your own option? Its really strange. Pls remove this FEAR from your mind and pray to GOD to grant you safe delivery. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Gracie1818(f): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
thanks alot for bringing out ur time to share ur view on my issue. I realy appretiate.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by ayandee: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2012
I had my baby through c/s. I didn't go into labour at all and baby was overdue. Except for the pain i experienced afterwards (the most excruciating was the first walk to d bathroom), i still prefer it to the labour pains that i see other women go through. @poster, from what have heard from other mums, second natural births are usually not as difficult as the first. U have nothing to worry about.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by luvme2(f): 11:12am On Jul 19, 2012
Mumsluv: I dont have anything against C/S, i'l recommend it if its to save the mother & baby but to voluntarily go under the knife as against normal delivery is really mind boggling. Why would you want to go through the stress of pain for weeks, inactivity, fear of infection and high medical bill as against normal delivery where the pain ends as soon as the baby is born? If its in an EMERGENCY, the baby in a breech position, pre-eclampsia, prolonged labour etc no problem but when you are physically fit to deliver naturally why not? You can as well say you wont get pregnant again & save yourself pregnancy related stress or you choose SURROGACY as an option. I see & hear would be mothers rejecting C/S as their only option for delivery, they confess positively to giving birth naturally then you on your part want to choose that as your own option? Its really strange. Pls remove this FEAR from your mind and pray to GOD to grant you safe delivery. All the best.
You have said it all.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by PatKing(f): 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2012
I went under the knive due to severe preE... I think the situation was perfect for me as I was too scared of Labour. My dear, I will still go under the knive. I love it!

1 Like

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
hmmmmm after going thru 24hours labour and then having to have a c section that should have been elective instead of emergency - i will gladly have another c section. yes you forget the pain but its not a pain i want to experience again - and if anyone wants to look down on us mothers who decide to have c section - abeg when u have finished showing me ur mantlepiece with ur prize for natural birth then i will feel bad - its not a competition o!! I'm not winning a prize or losing for running from pain. as for the pain after - yes it is something else but nothing like prescription pain killers to make u forget and the smile of ur gorgeous baby.

my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Gracie1818(f): 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
i dont knw why my soul and body is telling me to go for this cs. I took this decision when in labour with my first i thought i was going to die and the pain from the tear i got lasted up to a month (baby was 4.3kg). When i think abt nt going through labour, it makes me happy to be pregnant bt when i think of labour, i feel sad and scared. God pls help me decide.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by edogram1(m): 10:24am On Jul 20, 2012
I would advice normal delivery to anybody, thats are God made it to be, by the way u are not the only person that will pass through all that pain the baby also suffer pain and cry out loud as a sign of entering the evil world, that will make him strong and healthy, both of u go all through that pain and normal experience. So also u can bost with ur delivery anywhere in midst of women, it's an advanture all women have to go through so also do men portion to take care of the family, its a shame for an advance woman talking of A C, or u are not woman enough, and ur hubby will not be happy with u, what's the big deal? When little kids of nowadays are given birth anyhow succesfully daily in everywhere, then an old mama go come still they fear? . Its believed baby's which doen't pass through the normal delivery process are not adventurious, they are not strong. That why baby are been throwed up after taken their bath it build their mind. I wouldn't try that with my wife, i can promise to buy her car for normal delivery than A c as u dicribed it.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 20, 2012
There's nothing wrong with C section, elective or emergency. It's sad to see how ignorant some folk can be, saying women who don't have natural deliveries aren't woman enough, their children aren't strong etc. Where do all these theories come from?

Both my children were born via C section. If our first wasn't delivered that way, we may have lost her, she was 13 days overdue. My second child (born 11 days ago) was also delivered via C section, she was 6 days overdue. So if a lady's overdue, the baby should remain inside her womb till when? If she doesn't go into labour, the child could be at risk, the same goes for the lady herself. If a baby's in distress, then it has to come out, if the mother hasn't gone into labour. If the baby's breech, it has to come out, C section is the only way, otherwise there's every chance the baby and mother could die. If the umbilical cord is trapped by the baby's limbs, C section is the only way out, otherwise the cord could rupture, the baby and mother could likely bleed to death.

A narrow-hipped lady (small pelvis) could have issues with natural delivery, especially if the baby's quite big (8lbs / 37kgs or more). In a case like this, elective C section makes perfect sense. A tear takes a lot longer to heal than a clean cut.

People need to educate themselves, rather than wallow in ignorance. A lady who's had a C section is no less feminine than her peers who've had natural births.

10 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Gracie1818(f): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2012
nice talk siena. Congrat on ur baby.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
Gracie1818: nice talk siena. Congrat on ur baby.

Thanks!
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by edogram1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2012
When will some nigerian women learn how to talk? Who is ignorant here? Thats how they bring out their dirty charater outside on the internet for the whole world to see. A C should only be recommened when a normal birth is imposible, and that should be recommended by ur doctor only not some sily 'i to know person on nairaland'. U did it doesn't mean other people should go for it unprecribly. According to the poster she is ok, hearthy, but she is only scaled of pain pointing to what she went through last time. And Its sily to be suggesting A C just becos of pain considering the high risk she will be open to in A C what if the doctor destroy her, if u don't know countless of women has be destroyed by that, it work for u doest mean it will be good for another person, i knw her hubby will not support that unsprecribly with some sily advice from NL.
@poster do not take any useless advise to do any operation. Since u are sound and ok, considering the fact u ve done it before. Once birth means the road has opened. the second birth should be very easier like celebrating chrimas, don't be scaled everything will be fine trust me, u will come here for testimony. U are an african women and africa blood flows in u. Like as i said before Its only a waken woman should be afraid when she is sound and healthy. People dont celebrate A C baby. But once its delivered normaly, directly its a jump for Hallaluya and given glory to God. pepper soap and pounded yam for u.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
Edogram, you're priceless! C section delivered babies aren't celebrated? Where on earth did you get that from? My babies were very well celebrated, so not sure where you're heading with your opinion. They're also very healthy. As for bringing out "dirty character", how do you work that out? Just because others may have views contrary to yours, does not make them any less valid.

Childbirth is risky, regardless of the method. Natural births are more common in Nigeria than the West. Yet there are quite a few cases of women dying during childbirth the natural way, than women dying from C section both in Nigeria and the West combined. It's luck, and having the correct team during delivery.

And lastly - what do you mean by asking "When will some nigerian women learn how to talk?" By learning how to talk, do you mean talk like you do, or simply accept all you say as gospel, without questioning, even when things don't seem right? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, regardless of gender. It's called using our brains, and not allowing others to think on our behalves.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
And Edogram, just so you're aware - I'm a guy, not a woman. I'm speaking from experience, as I was present at both our children's births, and cut the cord of our last born too.

Just thought the blue "m" beside my name was glaringly visible enough.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
chose what you want and plan ahead. with your first that came out normal the second will be easier if there is no medical complications. Epidural anaesthesia will help ease the labour pain and you won't feel a thing and also proper postnatal management and care of your private when you reach home
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by blank(f): 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
People do not celebrate a baby born via CS? Now, i have heard it all.

@Edogram, what village and century are you typing from?

3 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by maclatunji: 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
Mumsluv: I dont have anything against C/S, i'l recommend it if its to save the mother & baby but to voluntarily go under the knife as against normal delivery is really mind boggling. Why would you want to go through the stress of pain for weeks, inactivity, fear of infection and high medical bill as against normal delivery where the pain ends as soon as the baby is born? If its in an EMERGENCY, the baby in a breech position, pre-eclampsia, prolonged labour etc no problem but when you are physically fit to deliver naturally why not? You can as well say you wont get pregnant again & save yourself pregnancy related stress or you choose SURROGACY as an option. I see & hear would be mothers rejecting C/S as their only option for delivery, they confess positively to giving birth naturally then you on your part want to choose that as your own option? Its really strange. Pls remove this FEAR from your mind and pray to GOD to grant you safe delivery. All the best.

OP, listen to this advice unless there is a real medical reason to go for CS. Don't ever elect to go for any surgery unless it is imperative to do so. By imperative I mean it is in your best interest as determined by your medical doctors or based on their advice and your discretion (if you are knowledgeable enough).
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ edogram, please stop spewing BS here!you are obviously not exposed, I'm sure with the level of garbage u've just said even your village will reject you.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by blank(f): 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
I had my baby via emergency CS but i am working hard to ensure that i do a normal delivery. CS is major surgery and i am not looking forward to it.

At the end of the day, its what you, your husband and the doctor decide that counts.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by PrettyCindy(f): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
Op i feel you because i have been there (and i thank God for the gift of being mother). After reading your opening post, i laughed so hard that my baby started staring at me in a funny way.
Labour to me is the most painful thing on this earth but the beauty of labour is that it stops immediately the baby pops out and the Joy is being alive to hold your baby, your flesh. With proper care, any tear or cut heals within two weeks. My baby weighed 4.0kg, he was quite big and tore me to pieces (lol) but with the medications i was taking and constant hot water (and salt) treatment, by the second week of delivery, my woman was as good as it was prebirth.

Op, second baby and subsequent once aren't as painful as the first. The labour with its associated pains will not last provided you don't have any kind of complication. I will encourage you to be positive minded and work towards having a normal delivery. A CS is only recommended by Doctors when there are complications. You choosing it yourself just because of labour pains kind of makes you look like a "chicken" (lol).

INFORMATION: A woman that delivers via cs is in no way less a woman. Edogram my brother please get it straight ok. 99% of women who delivers via cs didn't opt for it and their babies (and that of those that opt for it) are well celebrated because they are all God's gift after all its still God that gave Doctors the wisdom to save the lives of mother and child through cs in cases of severely complicated labour.

Poster, another option is to befriend a fulani woman (if its possible) and let her give you the herbs they take during delivery. The herbs makes you experience zero labour pain.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by nulion(f): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
edogram.:
When will some nigerian women learn how to talk? Who is ignorant here? Thats how they bring out their dirty charater outside on the internet for the whole world to see. A C should only be recommened when a normal birth is imposible, and that should be recommended by ur doctor only not some sily 'i to know person on nairaland'. U did it doesn't mean other people should go for it unprecribly. According to the poster she is ok, hearthy, but she is only scaled of pain pointing to what she went through last time. And Its sily to be suggesting A C just becos of pain considering the high risk she will be open to in A C what if the doctor destroy her, if u don't know countless of women has be destroyed by that, it work for u doest mean it will be good for another person, i knw her hubby will not support that unsprecribly with some sily advice from NL.
@poster do not take any useless advise to do any operation. Since u are sound and ok, considering the fact u ve done it before. Once birth means the road has opened. the second birth should be very easier like celebrating chrimas, don't be scaled everything will be fine trust me, u will come here for testimony. U are an african women and africa blood flows in u. Like as i said before Its only a waken woman should be afraid when she is sound and healthy. People dont celebrate A C baby. But once its delivered normaly, directly its a jump for Hallaluya and given glory to God. pepper soap and pounded yam for u.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by nulion(f): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
[quote author=nulion][/quote]i dont agree wiv your theory edogram,kids born normal or thru cs are both celebrated and sincerely,evry1 has different pain threshold.i had both of my kids thru normal birth buh i dnt fink a woman ȋ̝̊̅§ a weakling cos she chooses to hv a CS,besides as a man,Ɣ☺ΰ rily cannot tell H̶̲̥̅̊O̶̲̥̅̊W̶̲̥̅̊' excruciatn d pain can b

2 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
At the poster, can you try EPIDURAL childbirth. It's widely used here in the US, in layman terms they will inject you during the early stages of labor so you will not feel the pains of labor. It doesn't put the baby at any risks.
The only issue is I don't know if it's being done in Nigeria yet.
That might be a better option than a CS in terms of pain relief, however if the conditions necessitating CS are present, then a CS will be done.

1 Like

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Geomac: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
@edogram, you are wrong. My 2 kids came through CS and they were celebrated and still celebrating them. I don't know where you got that from.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
For those that think they are the same thing, actually naturally born babies have been tested and shown to have better immune systems than babies born through c-section.
But I heard that c-sections cause s[i]e[/i]x to be painful for the woman up to a year after it's done. Is that true? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Fellis, both my children were born via C section, and are fine. My first born has never had any sort of illness or infection, which as we all know is not easy with toddlers. Children are as healthy as you bring them up to be.

1 Like

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
Siena: Fellis, both my children were born via C section, and are fine. My first born has never had any sort of illness or infection, which as we all know is not easy with toddlers. Children are as healthy as you bring them up to be.
I was just going by what the scientific study found.
@bold, he has never fallen ill? How old is he?
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by edogram1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2012
Why is my comment deleted mod? Can i reclaim that? @ topic before u guys eat me, i didn't mean cs baby are not celebrated, but i personaly will not celebrate if my woman go for cs unprescribly just for fear of pain, and if she go further with it after i tried to stop her. I will never and cannot subscribe to artificial delivery for no good reason. I am an african and xtain, forget what the westerner think. Natural delivery is the best
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by maclatunji: 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
^Guy, I understand what you're trying to say, calm down.

@Fellis, I believe natural delivery is the best. This is not to cast aspersions on mothers who go through CS and their children too.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
fellis:
I was just going by what the scientific study found.
@bold, he has never fallen ill? How old is he?

Bro, she's two, and has never fallen ill, or had any sort of infection. Even the running nose (thick and green which toddlers often get) she's never had.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Wants Kids But Does Not Want Sex. / . / 5 Most Beautiful Black Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.