Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares (1959 Views)

What Happens To My Bank Phb Shares? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by floreb(f): 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2007
Pls Dear Nairalander am new on this shares stuff, i have some money up to 100k and i want to use part of it for this bank shares. At first when i heard of Zenith coming out, i intended buying up to like 40k and maybe bank PHB 20K.

But it seems that the Zenith PO IS very expensive or is it not, cos am considering selling maybe after one year and am imagining how much that will be as N36.90 now

So Dear nairalander and businessmen advice and is Bank PHB good one to buy there too
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by BabsO2(m): 7:43pm On Dec 06, 2007
Zenith has better brand name and more established than BankPHB in current business volume. This may make it to continue growing aggressively especially since 90% of the capital to be raised by Zenith will be used for Working Capital / Project / Infrastructure Financing. Unlike Bank PHB that will be spending about 48% in such ventures. However this is the 3rd run of Zenith in the market and has already made money for branch expansion etc that BankPHB is just going for in this its first Public Offer Run. With time it is possible BankPHB will get its Brand name as strong as Zeniths.

On the current offer statistics basis, BankPHB looks better. Comparing BankPHB/Zenith
1. Forecast PE's are better. (2008, 2009, 2010 = 13.7/20, 7.9/14, 6.1/10) i.e. the offer prospectus says you will recover your investments faster in BankPHB.
2. Current Price / Book is about same. But BankPHB will have a better post offer price to book as there are less shares / market capitalisation at the moment.
3. Forecast Dividend is mixed. (2008, 2009, 2010 = 2.2/2.7%, 3.8/3.1%, 4.9/3.5%) i.e. the offer prospectus says you will get more dividend yield with BankPHB in future.

The final decision is yours.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by Dividends(m): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2007
I'll refrain from running down any institution here but I think the last poster did a good analysis. The final decision is yours. Personally (I don't know why), I'm in love with the Zenith brand and I think it's one that has come to stay. President Yaradua's biz interests in Bank PHB also makes it an attractive buy (although anything can happen at the Elections Tribunal). Sound decision leans in the direction of buying both stocks (cos they have great chances of doing VERY well) and watching the market keenly. U can't afford to invest and go to sleep.

Call 01-2783264, 08030479052 or 08076519789 for FREE counsel.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by tonmax(f): 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2007
If you buy your IPO thru ur broker, will he still be entitled to his brokers commission??
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by wanaj0: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2007
tonmax:

If you buy your IPO through your broker, will he still be entitled to his brokers commission??

He will be entitled to receiving agents commission (1%) but you are not the one paying for it.
floreb:

Please Dear Nairalander am new on this shares stuff, i have some money up to 100k and i want to use part of it for this bank shares. At first when i heard of Zenith coming out, i intended buying up to like 40k and maybe bank PHB 20K.

But it seems that the Zenith PO IS very expensive or is it not, because am considering selling maybe after one year and am imagining how much that will be as N36.90 now

So Dear nairalander and businessmen advice and is Bank PHB good one to buy there too

If it is the PO, I will say none. Your money may be refunded. Just go and buy on the floor.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by tonmax(f): 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2007
@wanaj0
Thanks for the response!
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by yodiyokun(f): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2007
wanaj0:

He will be entitled to receiving agents commission (1%) but you are not the one paying for it.
If it is the PO, I will say none. Your money may be refunded. Just go and buy on the floor.

Not if he is just buying 1000 units
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by floreb(f): 9:01am On Dec 11, 2007
Please Dear Nairalander am new on this shares stuff, i have some money up to 100k and i want to use part of it for this bank shares. At first when i heard of Zenith coming out, i intended buying up to like 40k and maybe bank PHB 20K.

But it seems that the Zenith PO IS very expensive or is it not, because am considering selling maybe after one year and am imagining how much that will be as N36.90 now

(wanaj0)
wanaj0, pls i need your advice can we talk? or chat?
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by wanaj0: 10:56am On Dec 11, 2007
floreb:

(wanaj0)
wanaj0, please i need your advice can we talk? or chat?

Yes we can!!!! Holla at me.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by floreb(f): 11:04am On Dec 11, 2007
wanaj0

tell me what do i do. i thought the one zenith is selling is PO, so how do i buy the IPO? can you give your yahoo mesg id for us to chat?
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by wanaj0: 11:11am On Dec 11, 2007
floreb:

wanaj0

tell me what do i do. i thought the one zenith is selling is PO, so how do i buy the IPO? can you give your yahoo mesg id for us to chat?

ade_aoa.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by floreb(f): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2007
[tr][table]wanaj0

ade_aoa.[/table]
[/tr]

i hope your ID  is @yahoo because i just added you. hope you are online[tr][/tr]
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by wanaj0: 11:36am On Dec 11, 2007
floreb:

[table]wanaj0

ade_aoa.[/table]

i hope your ID is @yahoo because i just added you. hope you are online
yahoo.com. I am online now but yet to receive your request.

let me have your own also to amke things fast.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by damidgreat(m): 11:35am On Dec 12, 2007
in every generation there is an idea.invest in the idea and watch your investment grow to amazing proportions!
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by mercydoor: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2007
you are right!! smiley
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by BabsO2(m): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
Yes the idea will yield 100% in a year if you position and own the idea.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by Iyomike(m): 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2007
If you want to sell within 1 to 2 years, the basic rule of tumb for shares is that the cheaper the better. Cheaper shares rise faster than more expensive shares, no matter how good the company is. trust me i have proved it a number of time in my investment.

A good stock broker would advice you buy for e.g the AIICO shares going for about 3naira now because in a year or two it would sell for 7 to 9 naira ie 2 to three times it present value. while the good old Zenith bank shares would just about add 10 - 15 nara which is stil lest than 50% of it present value.
So buy bak PHP if you must buy bank shares!

Sekina!
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by abocana: 6:10am On Dec 15, 2007
iyomike! i will like to inform and thanx u for your statement is making me to buy PHB shares.

Can someone kindy tell me when the shares of PHB is closing? i will be greatful,if i can see the form to download.

I wanna fill,sign and send it to nigeria through a friend coming home next week wednesday 19 december.

I hope i can still meet up! i wish to buy up to 15,000units.

Thank guys.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by abocana: 6:10am On Dec 15, 2007
iyomike! i will like to inform and thanx u for your statement is making me to buy PHB shares.

Can someone kindy tell me when the shares of PHB  is closing? i will be greatful,if i can see the form to download.

I wanna fill,sign and send it to nigeria through a friend coming home next week wednesday 19 december.

I hope i can still meet up! i wish to buy up to 15,000units.

Thank guys.
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by Iyomike(m): 9:42am On Dec 15, 2007
abocana,
Get the details here
http://www.bankphb.com/bankphb/ic.asp?page=7&link=11.
offer is ending 19th Dec. Hope you can make it
Re: Btw Zenith And Bank Phb Which Should I Buy Shares by abocana: 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2007
I wouldn't wanna used my credit card to buy share online, i prefer to buy it through my broker.

I had been told about the 2 week grace given to brokers, my form will be in nigeria on the 19th dec the closing date.

i will try and make sure they pay it on the last week of the month 27or 28dec due to holidays.

I HOPE IT SHOULD BE OK.

Please,kindly let me know before making the moves.

Thanks very much and god bless.

(1) (Reply)

UBA PLC Pays 50kobo Dividend For Year Ending 2012 / New Platform That Pays In Crypto Currency / Tax Clearance Certificate Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.