Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now (954 Views)

Serious Questions To Moslems!!! / Do Moslems Know That Islam Was Created By The Roman Catholic Church / Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by buzugee(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
why are you bowing down to a fallen meteorite ? whats the deal with dat ? can yall enlighten a brother because i am in the dark with this here issue
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Delafruita(m): 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: why are you bowing down to a fallen meteorite ? whats the deal with dat ? can yall enlighten a brother because i am in the dark with this here issue
oga,you know there's a different section for muslims.which one be fallen meteorite sef?
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by buzugee(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
Delafruita:
oga,you know there's a different section for muslims.which one be fallen meteorite sef?
oh really ? lol my bad. you know inside that kabba is a fallen meteorite ? they think it was cast down to earth by God. thats why they worship it.
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: why are you bowing down to a fallen meteorite ? whats the deal with dat ? can yall enlighten a brother because i am in the dark with this here issue
Are you alright? You started a thread to ask a question and then proceeded to provide an answer to that question by yourself before anyone answered you.
buzugee: oh really ? lol my bad. you know inside that kabba is a fallen meteorite ? they think it was cast down to earth by God. thats why they worship it.

Muslims don't worship the stone. It is set in the Ka'aba doesn't mean Muslims worship it. Besides the stone is in one corner of the Ka'aba, on the exterior, not inside it.
PS: Muslims face the Ka'aba to pray for uniformity, not because they are worshipping it.

2 Likes

Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Delafruita(m): 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
fellis:
Are you alright? You started a thread to ask a question and then proceeded to provide an answer to that question by yourself before anyone answered you.

Muslims don't worship the stone. It is set in the Ka'aba doesn't mean Muslims worship it. Besides the stone is in one corner of the Ka'aba, on the exterior, not inside it.
PS: Muslims face the Ka'aba to pray for uniformity, not because they are worshipping it.
ol boy,that black stone matter na serious thing o
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by vedaxcool(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
^
Ignorance drives the disbelievers' of truth or how else would someone who has been posting on NL not even know that muslims do not worship any object? Muslim prayers are directed at God! And Allah say the east, the west, the north and the south all belongs to Allah!
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Areaboy2(m): 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: oh really ? lol my bad. you know inside that kabba is a fallen meteorite ? they think it was cast down to earth by God. thats why they worship it.

That's not true mate, never heard anything like that before. I'm not a Muslim but even I know this one (the beauty of being an atheist lol).

If my memory is good enough, the pagan gods of the very wealthy city that is today Mecca reside in that kabba (or around it) back in the early to late 6th century. and after Mohamed and his soldiers conquered the city they left it to symbolize the evil that has been. Keep in mind he lived in this city until his rich and influential uncle died and hence was at the risk of persecution by the people there so he fled to Medinah or some place near there (cant remember). Only to come back when his new religion had a strong foothold to take back the city.

Please correct me if i'm mistaken, all this is from memory. Haven't researched in a while
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
Area_boy:

That's not true mate, never heard anything like that before. I'm not a Muslim but even I know this one (the beauty of being an atheist lol).

If my memory is good enough, the pagan gods of the very wealthy city that is today Mecca reside in that kabba (or around it) back in the early to late 6th century. and after Mohamed and his soldiers conquered the city they left it to symbolize the evil that has been. Keep in mind he lived in this city until his rich and influential uncle died and hence was at the risk of persecution by the people there so he fled to Medinah or some place near there (cant remember). Only to come back when his new religion had a strong foothold to take back the city.

They didn't leave it to symbolize the evil that had been. Prior to the migration you wrote of, Muhammed had tried to get the people of his tribe, the Quraysh, to remove all the idols in the Kaaba and dedicate it to the worship of Allah alone but they went against it. Muslims migrated to Medina because of the constant persecution and came back when they had a strong military force that had defeated the non-muslims.
It was after that defeat that they took over the Kaaba and destroyed all the idols in it.
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Areaboy2(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
fellis:

They didn't leave it to symbolize the evil that had been. Prior to the migration you wrote of, Muhammed had tried to get the people of his tribe, the Quraysh, to remove all the idols in the Kaaba and dedicate it to the worship of Allah alone but they went against it. Muslims migrated to Medina because of the constant persecution and came back when they had a strong military force that had defeated the non-muslims.
It was after that defeat that they took over the Kaaba and destroyed all the idols in it.

thank you for the correction man. I knew I mixed a few things up there tongue
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
Area_boy:

thank you for the correction. I knew I mixed a few things up there tongue
You did very well. smiley
There are Muslims that don't know that much.
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
Delafruita:
ol boy,that black stone matter na serious thing o
Hmmm. Whatever
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Chiefpriest(m): 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
That was the stone alh mohd kept as a remindet to his ppl that he was a strong dude.
fellis:
Hmmm. Whatever
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 18, 2012
Chiefpriest: That was the stone alh mohd kept as a remindet to his ppl that he was a strong dude.[color=#006600][/color]
Please put the bottle down, you've taken enough alcohol this evening
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by buzugee(m): 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
preciate yall my moslem comrades. so yall dont pray to the meteorite. cool. do yall think praying 5 times a day is kinda restricting ?
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2012
buzugee: preciate yall my moslem comrades. so yall dont pray to the meteorite. cool. do yall think praying 5 times a day is kinda restricting ?
Restricting to what exactly?
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by buzugee(m): 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
fellis:
Restricting to what exactly?
like if i divided my day into 5 parts and at the beginning of each part, if i was obligated to go and pray, sounds like a very restrictive life. like you have to keep your eye on the clock at all times
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Kay17: 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
fellis:
Please put the bottle down, you've taken enough alcohol this evening

LMFAOO!!!

But why would the Prophet destroy and disrespect the gods of the pagans?? Where is the freedom of speech?!
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by LagosShia: 12:12am On Jul 19, 2012
Kay 17:

LMFAOO!!!

But why would the Prophet destroy and disrespect the gods of the pagans?? Where is the freedom of speech?!

those idols were not meant to be there in the first place.in arabian tradition the Ka'ba is the house of worship built by their ancestors,Ishmaer and Abraham for the worship of Allah,the One Unique Invisible God.so they violated the sanctity of the Ka'ba by storing idols in it.
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by LagosShia: 12:18am On Jul 19, 2012
can the below verses also be described as "idol worship" in the bible,if facing the Ka'ba while praying and there being a symbolic black stone in it is referred to as "idol worship":

Genesis 28:18
The next morning Jacob got up very early. He took the stone he had rested his head against, and he set it upright as a memorial pillar. Then he poured olive oil over it.

Genesis 35:14
Jacob set up a stone pillar to mark the place where God had spoken to him. Then he poured wine over it as an offering to God and anointed the pillar with olive oil.

Daniel 6:10
Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Jonah 2: 4-7
“Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet ‘I will look again’ toward thy holy temple…When my soul fainted within me I remembered Yahweh; and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.”

2 Chronicles 6:18-21
18 “But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 19 Yet, LORD my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. 20 May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

1 Kings 8:27-29
27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 28 Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 29 May your eyes be open toward this temple night and day, this place of which you said, ‘My Name shall be there,’ so that you will hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place.
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Kay17: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2012
LagosShia:

those idols were not meant to be there in the first place.in arabian tradition the Ka'ba is the house of worship built by their ancestors,Ishmaer and Abraham for the worship of Allah,the One Unique Invisible God.so they violated the sanctity of the Ka'ba by storing idols in it.

But Islam and its Abrahamic history after the Pagans. The Pagans placed their idols there, because they believed the gods were entitled to a sanctuary in Kaabah. Also, while the Prophet was destroying the Gods/idols, he called them false gods! Why disrespect ppl's core values as such??
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by buzugee(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2012
LagosShia: can the below verses also be described as "idol worship" in the bible,if facing the Ka'ba while praying and there being a symbolic black stone in it is referred to as "idol worship":

Genesis 28:18
The next morning Jacob got up very early. He took the stone he had rested his head against, and he set it upright as a memorial pillar. Then he poured olive oil over it.

Genesis 35:14
Jacob set up a stone pillar to mark the place where God had spoken to him. Then he poured wine over it as an offering to God and anointed the pillar with olive oil.

Daniel 6:10
Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Jonah 2: 4-7
“Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet ‘I will look again’ toward thy holy temple…When my soul fainted within me I remembered Yahweh; and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.”

2 Chronicles 6:18-21
18 “But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 19 Yet, LORD my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. 20 May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

1 Kings 8:27-29
27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 28 Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 29 May your eyes be open toward this temple night and day, this place of which you said, ‘My Name shall be there,’ so that you will hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place.
all ancient jewish traditions. all those traditions are not necessary since christ came. all you have to do now is close your eyes anywhere you are, and at anytime that is convenient to you.
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by danwo: 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee:

all ancient jewish traditions. all those traditions are not necessary since christ came. all you have to do now is close your eyes anywhere you are, and at anytime that is convenient to you.

And is that you authoritatively saying closing eyes is necessary
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by buzugee(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
danwo:

And is that you authoritatively saying closing eyes is necessary

no its not necessary. lol. it does help though. no distractions
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by danwo: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee:

no its not necessary. lol. it does help though. no distractions

lol.was about saying just forewarn us whenever you know you will be praying whilst driving so we can get off the road and warn others not take to it too
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by buzugee(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
danwo:

lol.was about saying just forewarn us whenever you know you will be praying whilst driving so we can get off the road and warn others not take to it too
i aint got a death wish Brah grin and you know you may not even have to pray. scripture says the lord knows whats in your heart in the book of Romans
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by LagosShia: 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee: all ancient jewish traditions. all those traditions are not necessary since christ came. all you have to do now is close your eyes anywhere you are, and at anytime that is convenient to you.

i do not want to go over this again.you base your entire christian beliefs on the premise that Jesus (as) came and allegedly died for your sins.

whether that is true or not is irrelevant.what i presented was simply to make my point clear.those verses are found in your so called "inspired word of God" known as 'bible'.they promote facing a 'house of God' as Muslims face the Ka'ba and also the veneration of a stone as Jacob (as) did.so i am sure you won't see those verses as promoting idolatry.or do you? whether you do those acts now or not for whatever reason,rightly or wrongly,is not the issue.the issue is the act was authorized by God as you believe in the bible to be his word.
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by LagosShia: 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
Kay 17:

But Islam and its Abrahamic history after the Pagans. The Pagans placed their idols there, because they believed the gods were entitled to a sanctuary in Kaabah. Also, while the Prophet was destroying the Gods/idols, he called them false gods! Why disrespect ppl's core values as such??

i think i am entitled to Aso Rock.and so what?
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Kay17: 1:46am On Jul 20, 2012
Btw islam and Paganism, Islam got the Kaabah, cos they had a winning army?!
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by Kay17: 1:48am On Jul 20, 2012
There is no justification whatsoever for destroying the Gods of other people.
Re: I Need All Moslems In This Thread Right Now by buzugee(m): 7:39am On Jul 20, 2012
LagosShia:

i do not want to go over this again.you base your entire christian beliefs on the premise that Jesus (as) came and allegedly died for your sins.

whether that is true or not is irrelevant.what i presented was simply to make my point clear.those verses are found in your so called "inspired word of God" known as 'bible'.they promote facing a 'house of God' as Muslims face the Ka'ba and also the veneration of a stone as Jacob (as) did.so i am sure you won't see those verses as promoting idolatry.or do you? whether you do those acts now or not for whatever reason,rightly or wrongly,is not the issue.the issue is the act was authorized by God as you believe in the bible to be his word.
those things you pulled out were choices made not laws. read the verses you pulled out. big difference between CHOICE and MUST.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic's Problem With SOLA SCRIPTURA / I Want To Debate "Frosbel" On "The Deity Of Christ And The Holy Spirit" As God / Most Christians Will Take ‘mark’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.