Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

Things You Don't Like About The GSM Network You Or Your Friend Uses? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Don't Like About The GSM Network You Or Your Friend Uses? (767 Views)

What Factor(s) Influenced Your Choice Of A Gsm Network? / Accredited Gsm Network Recharge Card/e-voucher Dealers / GSM Network Issues And Problems (Zain, Etisalat, Glo, MTN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Don't Like About The GSM Network You Or Your Friend Uses? by charlsecy4(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
Etisalat Nigeria pisses me up with their continuous SMS-based reminders. Any single inquiry you do, you will be informed via SMS, even after the information has been shown on the screen when you executed the USSD command. For example, when you do balance inquiry by dialling *232#, your balance will be shown on your device display, and then you will receive a notification telling you about your bonus data. And this SMS-based notification happens each time. That is the annoying aspect of it.

Why can't they integrate their bonus data information with the balance information that is shown on the screen when you do balance inquiry, rather than having a separate SMS notification?

Which network do you use? What is it you don't like about them?
http://www.mobiletechnologybits..com/

Re: Things You Don't Like About The GSM Network You Or Your Friend Uses? by Nurry: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
@charlsecy4, if u check ur acct balance on the etisalat network, u will receive an sms telling u the bonus u have(if u have any).if u dont want to receive the sms, minimise the way u check your acct balance. What i hate about MTN are those msgs from those 5digit number saying one should go in for some strange promos
Re: Things You Don't Like About The GSM Network You Or Your Friend Uses? by charlsecy4(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
Nurry: if u dont want to receive the sms, minimise the wat u check your acct balance.

I don't understand that.
Re: Things You Don't Like About The GSM Network You Or Your Friend Uses? by Nurry: 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
charlsecy4:

I don't understand that.
i mean, if you have any bonus in your line,and you check your account balance, after your account balance has been shown to you, you will receive a message of the bonus you have
Re: Things You Don't Like About The GSM Network You Or Your Friend Uses? by charlsecy4(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
Nurry:
i mean, if you have any bonus in your line,and you check your account balance, after your account balance has been shown to you, you will receive a message of the bonus you have

That is what I don't like!!!! Why can't they integrate their bonus data information with the balance information that is shown on the screen when you do balance inquiry, rather than having a separate SMS notification? And they send you a message each time you do balance inquiry?

(1) (Reply)

Nexus 7 Google Tablet For Sale @ N55,000 Www.kravex.com / Scam Alert: Mtn Defrauding It's Customers. / Mtn 0.10k To All Ntwks: Does Any Ntwk Beat This For Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.