Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract (5812 Views)

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge / FG Signs Mou On 1,000MW Power Plant In Katsina / FG Signs $1bn Mou On 1,000MW Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by slimyem: 11:08am On Jul 19, 2012
Abujafood:

36 months if you read the OP's 1st post well!
like you don't know that's a farce already....
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by bijorium(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2012
kim77: Hello all.

Its high time we stop saying cool /good to project/contracts awarded by government without following up or playing our part in monitoring the progress of the contracts. In Uk for instance locals monitor and visit construction site and say what there reservations are.

Attention : Seun

Could you create a section where we could upload pictures of progress of projects/contruction in our areas? ,State of roads , housing , hospital etc. With this i believe WE WILL BRING GOVERNMENT CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE. Since they have refused to get closer to us. Lets explore the power of Information technology ...smart phone ,Camcoder etc.

You could check out www.iwatchlive.org .

1 Like

Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by ebamma(m): 11:35am On Jul 19, 2012
why are the giving this contract to a chinese company when even the rail the built in china derailed.
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by denzel2009: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2012
White elephant project...we will be seeing more metals at owode onirin soon sha.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by Ndata(m): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2012
why are the giving this contract to a chinese company when even the rail the built in china derailed.

What is this one talking about.If you don't know anything about Chinese and rail construction then you better shut up.Chinese are handling virtually all railway construction jobs in Africa and beyond.Apart from that they build the trains themselves.You can't use a singular accident involving the world fastest train built by the Chinese to make such a conclusion.
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by wadoski: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2012
maryjames9: Another media jamboree by the clueless goathead Jonathan.Another money gone down the drain and in account of pdp leaders. How many times will they sign this same lagos-ibadan expressway or rail.Na God go fire all the people killing nigerians courtesy of bad governance and corruption. 1.5BILLION AMERICAN DOLLARS
You are a disgrace to womanhood. Can‘t you make ur comment without insulting the president?
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by Blyss: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
This is a waste, Ibadan is a big azz dump, of what use is it to have a line go there other than to make it quicker for more refugees to flood into Lagos. cheesy
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by denzel2009: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
Blyss: This is a waste, Ibadan is a big azz dump, of what use is it to have a line go there other than to make it quicker for more refugees to flood into Lagos. cheesy

If it's well planned, you can live in Ibadan and work in Lagos.
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by snochk: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
you are very correct
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by Dpeacemaker101: 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
Toaskarity: its high time I pack my few clothes into my ghana must go and get my a.s.s back to
Nigeria before it develop past amelika angry
for real ooo, you have to come on time so that you don't miss ur way to ur house
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by Dpeacemaker101: 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva: Why is it just Lagos-Ibadan? I thought it was gonna be Lagos-Kano.
step by step, so that it can be completed on time. It will definately get to kano
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by diesel86: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
It's a good development, my only reservations is that it is being handled by the "chinkos", make dem no go construct railways wey go soon dey develop potholes. cheesy grin
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by manny4life(m): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
Why does it have to be the Chinese firms? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Anyway, let me commend this as a first process, the second one will be after they have completed it.
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by revomind(m): 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
denzel2009:

If it's well planned, you can live in Ibadan and work in Lagos.

He doesn't deserve a reply.
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by tunnytox(m): 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
Blyss: This is a waste, Ibadan is a big azz dump, of what use is it to have a line go there other than to make it quicker for more refugees to flood into Lagos. cheesy
Your father's house is a dunghill olosi!
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by munex007(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world,UAE was build with less than this amount and its has raised direct foreign investment
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by Akanbi1509(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
No wahala another committee will soon be set up on jamboree contract of a thing, i pray for this country. MAY GOD HARMONIZE KWARANS
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by EvilBrain1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
This contract is massively inflated. Lagos and Ibadan are about 136km apart so $1.5billion dollars works out to over $11 million per kilometre which is crazy!!!

The contract Obasanjo signed in 2006 with this same company amounted to $3.04million per kilometre for a dual track, standard guage railway. In 2009, Yar'Adua's administration negotiated a deal with the same company to build a line between Abuja and Kaduna for $4.08 million per kilometre with once again, the same company. In fact the most expensive contract I can find on the internet is $5 million per kilometre for a railway built by Libya in 2008. Other than corruption, there is no rational explanation for why GEJ should be paying over 3 times as much in dollars in for exactly the same thing Obasanjo asked them to do.

And I don't understand how GEJ's handlers could think they could get away with this obvious fraud. Do they think that none of us ordinary Nigerians know how to divide? Do they think we didn't go to secondary school?
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by taharqa: 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
kim77: Hello all.

Its high time we stop saying cool /good to project/contracts awarded by government without following up or playing our part in monitoring the progress of the contracts. In Uk for instance locals monitor and visit construction site and say what there reservations are.

Attention : Seun

Could you create a section where we could upload pictures of progress of projects/contruction in our areas? ,State of roads , housing , hospital etc. With this i believe WE WILL BRING GOVERNMENT CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE. Since they have refused to get closer to us. Lets explore the power of Information technology ...smart phone ,Camcoder etc.
The best post i hv seen in nairaland dis yr.wot u usuali see re people obsessd wit GEJ(how they wot to remove him 4rm office b4 2015 Or how they want to keep him dere beyond 2015) wit little time 4 d NATION-which is supposd to b Focus.u hv ppl shoutin at d top of dier voice,haulin insults at each oda,wantin to outdo each oda by d names(retardeen,bokomaster,clueless,shoeless,BuhariHaram) they can concot,witout suggestn a thread of Solution. Now, dis suggestn is an attempt at a solution-a damp gud one at dat.Let me cut d chase-I ALSO CALL ON THE MODERATORS TO PLZ CREATE A SECTION WHERE PPL CAN MONITOR GOVT PROJECTS OR EVEN POLICIES BY PROVIDIN UPDATES TRU PICS,VIDEOS ON THE PROGRESS OF THE PROJECT. I wot to pledge dat i will keep reminded d moderators(plz odas shld also join) until dis is done.Kim77 i will add u so dat we can both monitor dis,odas dat re also interestd can also add any of us...Dis suggestn by Kim77 is critical cos bliv me-d most important factor 4 progress or development 4 any organisatn,even regardless of d type of govt, is PREDICTABILITY-it is d secret of evri functional society in history.thnx
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 20, 2012
Evil Brain: This contract is massively inflated. Lagos and Ibadan are about 136km apart so $1.5billion dollars works out to over $11 million per kilometre which is crazy!!!

The contract Obasanjo signed in 2006 with this same company amounted to $3.04million per kilometre for a dual track, standard guage railway. In 2009, Yar'Adua's administration negotiated a deal with the same company to build a line between Abuja and Kaduna for $4.08 million per kilometre with once again, the same company. In fact the most expensive contract I can find on the internet is $5 million per kilometre for a railway built by Libya in 2008. Other than corruption, there is no rational explanation for why GEJ should be paying over 3 times as much in dollars in for exactly the same thing Obasanjo asked them to do.

And I don't understand how GEJ's handlers could think they could get away with this obvious fraud. Do they think that none of us ordinary Nigerians know how to divide? Do they think we didn't go to secondary school?

Until you see the full details of the contract you cannot make any kind of judgement. There could well be all sorts of obligations placed on the Chinese company that would not be normally included in conventional contracts.
Re: FG Signs $1.5b Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Contract by Ndata(m): 3:37am On Jul 20, 2012
Why not the government build a rail line from Lagos through Benin to Onitsha to Aba to Porharcourt.This in my view is of more economic importance than Lagos to Ibadan.Also considering the daily movement of People and goods from these locations ie Benin,Onitsha,Aba and Portharcourt to Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Withdraw Money From Your Paypal Account / Souvenir Bags Manufacturer / Gtb Cash Dispense Error!!! Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.