Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,882 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

How Does 2go And Related Phone Applications Really Work? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Does 2go And Related Phone Applications Really Work? (2103 Views)

How To Build And Design A Mobile Application Like 2go, Whatsapp, Mixit / Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related / Want To Start A Mobile Social Network Like 2go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does 2go And Related Phone Applications Really Work? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 20, 2012
Permit me but I'm just a newbie in Java programming. I want to understand the principles and technologies involved in developing mobile apps like 2go, whatsapp etc. How they communicate with their servers and, most importantly, what the nature of those servers are? I invite your answers. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Does 2go And Related Phone Applications Really Work? by elvis10ten(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2012
Re: How Does 2go And Related Phone Applications Really Work? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
Still waiting for responses... Can someone enlighten me, pls?
Re: How Does 2go And Related Phone Applications Really Work? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ok dis your answer, 2go is a J2me application. Dat works on blackberry and nokia devises. Own by a south African.when u have an app of dat magnitude there are some companies in Europe or north America that can help in hosting your server for you. As for the way they monetise their app(2go) its easy . There is a company in UK that will handle that for you. They will be the one to represent you in all the country that will use your app.eg having.agreement with Mtn and co.its call in-app billing. In every money collected from the app Mtn will take 60%, the monetisation company will take 10% while you will have the remaining 30%.Mtn are greedy people it used to be 70\30. 70% for them,you 30%. your own job is just to advertise your app.as for building an app pls forget java applications to be honest don't ask me why but trust me its a dying field.concentrate more on ios ,andriod and blackberry(RIM)formats. They are the future.
Re: How Does 2go And Related Phone Applications Really Work? by NumberOne2(m): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
Visit www.greenspek.com for a Nigerian example of java apps.
PS: Blackberry support Java.

(1) (Reply)

Cloud Hosting For JSF Web Application / Web Development Or Data Analystics / Data Science/analysis Roadmap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.