Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

Should A Married Woman Own Landed Property Without Her Husband's Knowledge? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Own Landed Property Without Her Husband's Knowledge? (812 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should A Married Woman Own Landed Property Without Her Husband's Knowledge? by sugardaddy1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
The other day, I overheard my wife's friend who is married trying to secure a piece of land without her husband's knowledge. Her argument was that her husband was not from same tribe as her and she suspects he might eventually divorce her and get another wife since she was yet to bear him a child. I had to cut into their gossip (quite unlike me) to advise that she shouldn't try such as I see it as totally against the principle of oneness in marriage, stressing further that her husband would feel totally betrayed if he eventually finds out. Of course, that was enough for her to brand me a bad person who is not sympathetic to her plight with my wife and mother-in-law, who was also privy to the discussion, sharing same view as hers.

Well, I usually don't give a damn what people think once I have aired my opinion on any issue so I ignored them, but not without giving a stern warning to my wife in the presence of all of them that the day I hear she contemplates such will be the day we will both tear our marrriage certificate(sic).

Each time I think about the issue, I always feel there may have been something they saw that I failed to see perhaps. And so I want opinions here if this act is right or wrong.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Lose Him / A Divorce! Really? / Alerts To Parents ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.