Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League (8424 Views)

Usain "Lightning" Bolt Wins 100m Final / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold / 2014 Commonwealth Games Schedule: Okagbare Wins 100m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by airmark(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Nigerian sprinter Blessing Okagbare set a new personal best of 10.96 secs at the Monaco diamond league on friday, 2oth July 2012.

Jamaica’s Kerron Stewart was defeated in the 100m at the Samsung Diamond League meet in Monaco today.
Stewart placed fourth in 11.11 in the race won by Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare in 10.96 seconds.
Americans Tiana Madison and Jeneba Tarmoth finished second and third respectively.

Source:http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Stewart-fourth-as-Nigeria-s-Okagbare-wins-Monaco-100m

Congrats Okagbare, you can do it in the olympics.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by nedostic: 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Though, I am happy for her and the timing of 10.96secs but my fears is that she is running so fast now and most likely burning herself out ahead of the main event at the Olympics. I hope she learns from the experience of the Ezinwa brothers, Olapade Adenikan,Mary Onyali,et al.

She is definitely in the contention for a medal in the Olympics 100m but she has to be quite strategic.I hope her coach does some extras to her winning a medal. The Olympics is a different ball game because so many factors would play out.

I am optimistic that she would be in the 100m finals baring injury. She remains our medal hopeful and I am tipping her for either the silver medal or bronze. The gold would be won by the best athlete which could be Okagbare as well or an athlete from America or Jamaica.

6 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by ayusco: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wow she's really improving day by day hope she hasn't peaked too soon. That said dare say she is one of the few world class runners we hav produced in a while. With luck n God on her side she will get a medal
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by akintun: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
NO WIND (0.0 m/s), slow start, and personal best.

Okagbare is definitely a contender 4 d title. Although six of her main rivals were not in d race today,d race still had some top quality athletes on parade.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by ANYPEN(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2012
Now, this is fresh air! *legs on the table, head lays back on the chair*

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Chinom(m): 10:34am On Jul 21, 2012
Our only sure-banker for a medal. We can expect at least a bronze medal. The olmpics is a different ball game.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2012
dunni why, i hought it read wins 100 million . . .

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Foyanmun: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2012
@Nedostic, you are right. I remember how Chidi Imoh used to routinely defeat Linford Christie at many of the pre-Olympic Meets only to burn himself out by the time of the real thing. I hope Blessing realises this. Wish her all the best.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Super1759: 10:48am On Jul 21, 2012
oyb: dunni why, i hought it read wins 100 million . . .
your thought was as good as mine
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by abbey37(m): 10:49am On Jul 21, 2012
I dey suspect you,you go dey play lotto or baba ijebu
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by tonyx4x44(m): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2012
me too
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by DExplorer1: 10:51am On Jul 21, 2012
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by basisop(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2012
coolI think say na money she win.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by 234GT(m): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2012
The diamond league is a money-spinning venture. She won 100 million for real. If you are in doubt, google 'diamond league prize money'
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by sniperwolf(m): 11:25am On Jul 21, 2012
I Thought it was money
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Suntemi(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2012
basisop: coolI think say na money she win.

Me too. 100 milla big na
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Ninilowo(m): 11:36am On Jul 21, 2012
nedostic: Though, I am happy for her and the timing of 10.96secs but my fears is that she is running so fast now and most likely burning herself out ahead of the main event at the Olympics. I hope she learns from the experience of the Ezinwa brothers, Olapade Adenikan,Mary Onyali,et al.

She is definitely in the contention for a medal in the Olympics 100m but she has to be quite strategic.I hope her coach does some extras to her winning a medal. The Olympics is a different ball game because so many factors would play out.

I am optimistic that she would be in the 100m finals baring injury. She remains our medal hopeful and I am tipping her for either the silver medal or bronze. The gold would be won by the best athlete which could be Okagbare as well or an athlete from America or Jamaica.
sport is not like that.. she has picked for now and considering the time gap between now and London2012 she has to be at her best to get a medal. There are no two ways. those losing form should just work harder. If they think they are reserving some kind of energy for the olympic, its a white lie.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Sagytarius(m): 11:37am On Jul 21, 2012
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Ninilowo(m): 11:38am On Jul 21, 2012
abbey37:
I dey suspect you,you go dey play lotto or baba ijebu
Gbam!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
Another reason 2 celebrate n 9ja. God bless d Okagbares 4 giving us ds 1daful lady.
God bless u Blessing, God bless Nigeria, God bless me.
Go n bring ya Olympic Gold medal n London back 2 Africa.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by mu2sa2: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
Something good will always come out of naija, our own dear fatherland, d land that wil outlive all the jesters talking break up.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by bikerboy1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
Nice one!!!

This is d kind of news we want to see on the front page, and not Charlie boy lying-in-state in a mortuary or Tonto Dike fighting with Eni Edo.

Pls my dear Blessing, go and get us the Olympic Gold as God will be ur Strenght. Goodluck.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
My eye won tear, I thought she won 100 million, anywayz all the best sister
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by polokor60(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
she has the height and framework just like usain bolt,she reminds me of the disgraced marion jones who happens to be my favourite female sprinter.blare blare one day i know say you go make us prooooud!!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2012
Kai! I think say na ₦100,000,000!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Afam4eva(m): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
This is a good build up to the olympics for her. I hope She and Obinna Metu will do us proud at the olympic games.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by stupor(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
airmark: Nigerian sprinter Blessing Okagbare set a new personal best of 10.96 secs at the Monaco diamond league on friday, 2oth July 2012.

Jamaica’s Kerron Stewart was defeated in the 100m at the Samsung Diamond League meet in Monaco today.
Stewart placed fourth in 11.11 in the race won by Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare in 10.96 seconds.
Americans Tiana Madison and Jeneba Tarmoth finished second and third respectively.

Am beginning to fall in love with this fine chick !

Stupor loves u gal !

Go for gold and not like wakapass Goldie !

(Winks)

Source:http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Stewart-fourth-as-Nigeria-s-Okagbare-wins-Monaco-100m

Congrats Okagbare, you can do it in the olympics.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by stupor(m): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
polokor60: she has the height and framework just like usain bolt,she reminds me of the disgraced marion jones who happens to be my favourite female sprinter.blare blare one day i know say you go make us prooooud!!

Ha ! Guy you good mehn !

You have eyes for details and for the first time in life on NL have seen someone think the way I see things !

Blessing when you watch her analytically runs like a Marion Jones prototype and a figure and strength that would remind you of Usain Bolt.

Guy your analysis absolutely on point,that is an exact copy of what I see when she runs.

Blessing will not disappoint and our Govts must encourage all the athletes in London either they win or not,its a deserved honors being at the Olympics .
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by slam7000(m): 4:34am On Jul 22, 2012
Good God,thats was very brilliant,cant remember the last time a Nigerian woman or even an African ran sub 11 secs.Mary Onyali did it,i think Mercy Nku also..hope she saves the best for last..i wonder what happened to our best female sprinter..Darumi Osayomi,i think her problem is drug related..her presence wld,ve given nig some hope in the 4 by 100m relay.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by slam7000(m): 4:40am On Jul 22, 2012
234GT: The diamond league is a money-spinning venture. She won 100 million for real. If you are in doubt, google 'diamond league prize money'

You are wrong there...she,ll share in the gold bars if she had come first in all the 100m of the golden league...all the undefeated champions in their respective events share the overall prize.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by polokor60(m): 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2012
stupor:

Ha ! Guy you good mehn !

You have eyes for details and for the first time in life on NL have seen someone think the way I see things !

Blessing when you watch her analytically runs like a Marion Jones prototype and a figure and strength that would remind you of Usain Bolt.

Guy your analysis absolutely on point,that is an exact copy of what I see when she runs.

Blessing will not disappoint and our Govts must encourage all the athletes in London either they win or not,its a deserved honors being at the Olympics .
thanks man,she has all the potentials of a world class athlete.well thanks to the crafty governor of delta state who discovered and sponsored blessing to the u.s.a.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League by Limaoscar: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
Congrats but she should just beware of burn-out....The Olympic will be a different ball game though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live / World Cup: Japan Vs Poland - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Have I Been Scammed? Pls It's Urgent (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.