Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,656 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? (2215 Views)

My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by mkmyers45(m): 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Leviticus 20:27
“‘A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.

Martin Vangar (Anti-Semite) in 1947 killed a young girl by stoning her and r.aping her

Leviticus 20:18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her unclothedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Martin Vangar (Anti-Semite) in 1954 burnt a young harlot by choking her on a sanitary pad.

Leviticus 21:9
"'If a priest's daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.

Martin Vangar (Anti-Semite) in 1957 killed the daughter of a pastor after prior intercourse with her.

Leviticus 20:16
And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Martin again killed a young Jewish girl after coercing to have intercourse with a cow....he killed the girl also..

There are many more examples....

Source: The girl with the dragoon tattoo

I was just wondering how easy it is to use the scripture to justify one’s action even if its wrong...is it justified?
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
Dunno what to say. Really. The bible's a truckload o' contradictions. One minute it's telling you to burn villages and kill gays and marry your dead brother's wife, the next it's telling you to not kill and covet your neighbours wife. I mean wtf?
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by mkmyers45(m): 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
SimonAndal: Dunno what to say. Really. The bible's a truckload o' contradictions. One minute it's telling you to burn villages and kill gays atheists and marry your dead brother's wife, the next it's telling you to not kill and covet your neighbours wife. I mean wtf?

Fixed grin grin

1 Like

Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
mkmyers45:

Fixed grin grin
_
Ah, yes. The Atheist is an endangered species. Is there a UN office for that? tongue
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Empiree: 1:35am On May 10, 2015
okay.... updated.

Let's hear from true2God, truthman2012, channelZ, malvisguy2012 basilico. To them, a Christian who committed such atrocious acts is not following bible and its God
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by channelz: 8:05am On May 10, 2015
Empiree:
okay.... updated.

Let's hear from true2God, truthman2012, channelZ, malvisguy2012 basilico. To them, a Christian who committed such atrocious acts is not following bible and its God
You still don't get it now do you? I'm not into religion perse (I have chosen to adhere to Christ's Pure Teachings, His Word) but I'm now beginning to see the difference between the two religions.

Enough talk has been done, so I'll just post some quotes; I expect you to decipher the point yourself
:

Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Here Christ was making reference to and exposing the teachings of the old Jewish traditionalists such as:
Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
BTW, can you see the definition of "thy neighbours" by them of old? Tribalization! Christ corrected that erroneous concept when asked- (Luke 10:29 "And who is my neighbour?")- in the parable of the Good Samaritan which I'm sure you're familiar with:
Luke 10:36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
Now back to the teachings of the old traditionalists that connotes hatred for perceived enemies:
Deuteronomy 23:3 An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever:
Deuteronomy 23:6 Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever
And many more of these cursed maxims inculcated by those traditionalists regarding the proper treatment of all Gentiles. No wonder the Romans charged the Jews with hatred of the human race.

Christ debunked such teachings in many ways
:
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies...
Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
He even censured the teachers, priests, Sanhedrin, propagators of such train of thoughts:
Matthew 23: 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

This is coming from an average Christian:
Ifeann:

I am not in support of events like "draw mohammed day"... I don't support people being ridiculed, but mohammed didn't give himself a chance to be taken seriously.
Ifeann post=33550647:

I know a lot of what a very few number of popes did. I even call them "evil popes". So my question to you is how does listing this defend mohammed.

Do u think it makes him less evil.

The popes didn't follow Christ's teachings so that nullifies them as Christians. On the other hand u Muslims are commanded to emulate the blood thirsty Mohammed. So go back to ur quran and hadiths and look for how to defend Mohammed rather than trying to show how some "Christians" have also done evil like Mohammed.

On the other hand, this came from an average Muslim which seemed like a confirmation of this statement?- "On the other hand u Muslims are commanded to emulate the blood thirsty Mohammed." :
tar.tar9:
did I ever deny the punishment for apostasy in Islam, I was only exposing your hypocrisy when your bible even orders the parents to kill their children with their own hands and vice-versa shocked so unlike in Islam

In conclusion, the average Christian says:
Ifeann:

QUOTE my bible, DISCUSS my bible, ANALYSE my bible, COPY AND PASTE my bible, Review, read, cite, reference it. I am not worried. I will defend it and even when u lie, I will NOT insult you or threaten you or tell you to stop. Discussions are necessary.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Empiree: 10:45am On May 10, 2015
channelz:

And what's all the nonsense you posted up there . You are not into religion perse but you be a nuisance posting irrelevancies
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by channelz: 11:48am On May 10, 2015
Empiree:
And what's all the nonsense you posted up there . You are not into religion perse but you be a nuisance posting irrelevancies
PEACE

1 Like

Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Ifeann(f): 12:55pm On May 10, 2015
channelz:

Dude I love how u compile the comments. It really does put the conversation in perspective. Have a lovely Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by channelz: 1:35pm On May 10, 2015
Ifeann:

Dude I love how u compile the comments. It really does put the conversation in perspective. Have a lovely Sunday.
A lovely Sunday to you too.
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Empiree: 2:33pm On May 10, 2015
channelz:
A lovely Sunday to you too.
I repeat, what's that nonsense you quoted up there?. That doesnt addres points raised in the Op. Who cares what your NT says! I am not even here for nonsense Law-free NT you quoted which we have debunked severally.

Op is simply saying that Martin Vangar killed for Bible God and you post non-related issue. The point raise is did Vangar kill for Bible God or not.....YES or NO?. It is that simple.

The same thing you did when you cite book haram using twisting islamic text for their gain. Here also, Vangar Martin followed Biblical instructions. Thats the point. Stop quoting nonsense
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by channelz: 4:18pm On May 10, 2015
Empiree:
I repeat, what's that nonsense you quoted up there?. That doesnt addres points raised in the Op. Who cares what your NT says! I am not even here for nonsense Law-free NT you quoted which we have debunked severally.

Op is simply saying that Martin Vangar killed for Bible God and you post non-related issue. The point raise is did Vangar kill for Bible God or not.....YES or NO?. It is that simple.

The same thing you did when you cite book haram using twisting islamic text for their gain. Here also, Vangar Martin followed Biblical instructions. Thats the point. Stop quoting nonsense
I quoted both OT and NT as well as comments from the average Christian and Muslim which elicit the potential effects of the teachings of the religions on the average believer. Therefore decipher the point yourself.

But let me hint you with a direct answer:
NO, as a Christian he could not have killed for God. Now empirically speakingwink, judging from the sample comments from the average Christian and Muslim quoted above, who do you think is predisposed to kill for his/her 'God'? (*Whispers into his ears*- What is the punishment for apostasy in Islam?) PEACE
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Empiree: 4:55pm On May 10, 2015
channelz:
I did not expect anything better. Your brain is already programmed. Op is very precise but you trying to find excuses that he could not have killed for God. And now aasking me who is most likely predispose? You kidding right. This is kind of nifaq (hypocrisy and deceit) encrypted in christiandom.

You basically telling me he could not have killed for Bible God because of 'other' peaceful bible verses. Now dont tell me muslims have not quoted peaceful verses to denounce extremists. But when we do that, you folks are adamant, obsinate and rebellious in reject of truth. That's bigotry which yourself just exihibited. Get a life hypocrite!
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by channelz: 5:11pm On May 10, 2015
Empiree:
Your brain is already programmed...
That's bigotry which yourself just exihibited. Get a life hypocrite!
The OP created a thread which has been debunked and I provided evidence to that effect; you should do same amicably.
I know the comment below wasn't made by an extremist or was it?

tar.tar9:
did I ever deny the punishment for apostasy in Islam...
Denounce this here and now and thereby clear all doubts that the average Muslim is a potential killer for his 'God'. This my friend, IS the crux of the matter.

And BTW, why are you blowing a fuse Getting all worked up already about what exactly?
Are you this emotional?
PEACE
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Empiree: 5:20pm On May 10, 2015
author=channelz post=33605735
Yea, it is always about "peace" after you are scolded. Peace that you dont believe in. Nonsense.
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by channelz: 5:34pm On May 10, 2015
Empiree:
Yea, it is always about "peace" after you are scolded. Peace that you dont believe in. Nonsense.
Meaning my simple questions and observations could incite war...bloodshed from the likes of you? I have challenged the Christian doctrines and dogma but never once has my peace been threatened.

Something is fundamentally wrong, hence I'm interested in all these; I really have to be consciously cautious especially when the chips are down- that's when the 'cover' is blown and the true colours manifest, they eventually lose their 'cool'.

Observing... PEACE!
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Ifeann(f): 10:35pm On May 10, 2015
channelz:
engaging empiree in a dialogue is a boring and tiresome endeavour, he constantly shows his poor comprehension skills and repeats himself over and over again. I suggest u suspend the conversation, Islamic falsehood and doctrine has wrapped his head.
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Empiree: 10:47pm On May 10, 2015
Ifeann:

engaging empiree in a dialogue is a boring and tiresome endeavour, he constantly shows his poor comprehension skills and repeats himself over and over again. I suggest u suspend the conversation, Islamic falsehood and doctrine has wrapped his head.
Of course, no Muslim makes sense to you. Nonsense!
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by channelz: 11:09pm On May 10, 2015
Ifeann:

engaging emp.iree in a dialogue is a boring and tiresome endeavour, he constantly shows his poor comprehension skills and repeats himself over and over again. I suggest u suspend the conversation, Islamic falsehood and doctrine has wrapped his head.
He's too emotional and short-tempered; I guess he's given it ALL his best shots.

The OP has been debunked. It's now unto the next one.
Re: Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word? by Empiree: 11:27pm On May 10, 2015
NO, OP IS NOT DEBUNKED. MARTIN VANGAR COMMITED ATTROCITIES ORDERED BY BIBLE GOD. THAT'S WHAT IT IS. STOP GIVING SILLY EXCUSES.
mkmyers45:
Leviticus 20:27
“‘A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.

Martin Vangar (Anti-Semite) in 1947 killed a young girl by stoning her and r.aping her

Leviticus 20:18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her unclothedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Martin Vangar (Anti-Semite) in 1954 burnt a young harlot by choking her on a sanitary pad.

Leviticus 21:9
"'If a priest's daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.

Martin Vangar (Anti-Semite) in 1957 killed the daughter of a pastor after prior intercourse with her.

Leviticus 20:16
And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Martin again killed a young Jewish girl after coercing to have intercourse with a cow....he killed the girl also..

There are many more examples....

Source: The girl with the dragoon tattoo

I was just wondering how easy it is to use the scripture to justify one’s action even if its wrong...is it justified?
@underlined, yes. Bible justfies his ridiculous actions

(1) (Reply)

All The Prophets From Adam To Muhammad Were Muslims / If Catholics Are Not Christians Then Who Are They? / Dependable Family & The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.