Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

How To Track Car Shiped From Us - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Track Car Shiped From Us (21254 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Track Car Shiped From Us by OgeneDom(m): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
i bought a car tru a friend who said the car has been shiped. How do i use bill of lading to confirm where the car is.
How do i knw the number to use on the bill of lading and which site. Thanks all
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by gulfer: 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
If you know the Shipping line, go to http://marinetraffic.com/ais/ and its easily done.

3 Likes

Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by femmy2010(m): 2:00am On Jul 22, 2012
Ogene Dom: i bought a car tru a friend who said the car has been shiped. How do i use bill of lading to confirm where the car is.
How do i knw the number to use on the bill of lading and which site. Thanks all

What shipping line is it coming on and what is the name of the vessel?
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by OgeneDom(m): 5:11am On Jul 22, 2012
@femmy2000, the Shipper: CFR LINE
Vessel: GRANDE MAROCCO

@gulfer, thanks let me check the site.
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by femmy2010(m): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2012
Ogene Dom: @femmy2000, the Shipper: CFR LINE
Vessel: GRANDE MAROCCO

@gulfer, thanks let me check the site.

Your vehicle was shipped on Grimaldi shipping line and the ETA of Grande Marocco - 29th / 30th July.

If you need the service of a customs clearing agent Call 08036363467 or email duduconsultt@yahoo.com
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by Tchyfingy: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ femmy, how did you get the ETA and the shipping line with the information he provided? I tried checking through the website with the vessel name and it's showing no results. can you pls enlighten me on how to go about it cuz my own car will soon be shipped from the US.
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by femmy2010(m): 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2012
Tchyfingy: @ femmy, how did you get the ETA and the shipping line with the information he provided? I tried checking through the website with the vessel name and it's showing no results. can you pls enlighten me on how to go about it cuz my own car will soon be shipped from the US.

I am a customs clearing agent and my job dictates that I update myself with ETAs of various vessels on most shipping line.
The ETAs chat are readily available for all to view at the shipping company offices in Tin-Can port.

Call 08036363467 or email duduconsultt@yahoo.com for your customs clearing agent.
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by OgeneDom(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
@femmy2010, Thank you for the information. I will call you for follow up. the person that sent it gave me 27-29th of July.
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by femmy2010(m): 4:03am On Jul 24, 2012
Ogene Dom: @femmy2010, Thank you for the information. I will call you for follow up. the person that sent it gave me 27-29th of July.

Okay sir.
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by Emperoh(m): 10:42am On Jul 24, 2012
Tchyfingy: @ femmy, how did you get the ETA and the shipping line with the information he provided? I tried checking through the website with the vessel name and it's showing no results. can you pls enlighten me on how to go about it cuz my own car will soon be shipped from the US.

OP
Now, here's what to do when you need to know which vessel and and arrival time;
Every shipping line has a website and on it, shipping schedules are listed according to trade lines. Trade lines are basically, shipping routes.
That is; Europe to West Africa, USA to West Africa, Asia to Europe etc etc.

Under the trade routes or shipping routes, choose North America to West Africa or USA to West Africa as the case may be.
Once u do so, it will load a pdf file for you listing the vessels under it, their departure and arrival time as the case may be
With this, you know when it left and when it is arriving. The same goes for container tracking just that this time, you user container number
You can't track vessels by by trying to know their exact location at every point in time.

Here we go;
go to; http://grimaldi.co.uk/

Once the front page opens, on the menu bar, u will see trade lines. Put your cursor on it and it drops down.
U will see series of headings, put ur cursor on schedules and choose USA-West Africa. Click on it and it opens this link

http://www.b2b.grimaldi.co.uk/webdata/sched_nw.htm

From there, trace the name of the vessel as is on the BOL with corresponding Voyage number
From there, u can see departure time and its various stop overs. U will see Lagos as well.

From that schedule ETA for Lagos is 28/7 - not far from 29th - 30th as quoted by Femmy2010.
Hope this helps.

This same rule applies to other shipping lines like Hoegh, Sallaum.

2 Likes

Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by Temitope6708: 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
very useful post, thanks all!!!!
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by itsadey: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
@ femmy I am habing trouble. My shipper has sent me two different ship names. One called istra ace and one called asian glory. Im sure this is a mistake on his part but can you please help me check which one is due to berth in lagos on the 4th pf jan because its not showing on marine traffic
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by kosylala: 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2015
Pls.I want to know when is the Eta of my car from Boston. Sallaum line,petra15sp06
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by chemvic: 5:55am On Nov 08, 2015
kosylala:
Pls.I want to know when is the Eta of my car from Boston. Sallaum line,petra15sp06
go to http://marinetraffic.com/ais/ and its easily done. Just search for your vessel or shipping line there.

1 Like

Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by Drekay(m): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2017
How can someone know if the car has not been shipped.anybody have ideal cost of shipping From baltimare USA .Thats Sallaumline .
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by dregmaster: 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
@femmy2010 please can you assist with the ETA of this RORO vessel PAGNA PGA 0918 at TINCAN LAGOS. Thanks so much.
Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by CarGuideNG: 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
dregmaster:
@femmy2010 please can you assist with the ETA of this RORO vessel PAGNA PGA 0918 at TINCAN LAGOS. Thanks so much.

GRIMALDI North America - West Africa Shipping Service

PAGNA PGA 0918

ETS - Baltimore 19/10/2018

ETA - Cotonou 31/10/2018

ETA - Lagos 01/11/2018

*all times approximate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7892681_img20181003wa0009_jpeg92eaf2d2ca90bb3dc1301a565951f9a6

Re: How To Track Car Shiped From Us by dregmaster: 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thank you very sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rolls-Royce Can't Keep Up With Demand For The Cullinan / 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy / For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.