Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? (4685 Views)

Evolution Or Intelligent Design / Big B@ng Did Not Need God / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
Pls share ur experience if u witnessed it or u heard about it from someone who witnessed it.

NB
'I read about it or events happening now confirms it' is out of point. I've also read about many things i witnessed first hand.
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Lol! God witnessed it before he woke up. grin
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by cyrexx: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
toba: Pls share ur experience if u witnessed it or u heard about it from someone who witnessed it.

NB
'I read about it or events happening now confirms it' is out of point. I've also read about many things i witnessed first hand.

why not start by sharing your experience if u witnessed or heard about instanteneous creation of everything in six days according to myth religionists peddle around

NB

3 Likes

Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
cyrexx:

why not start by sharing your experience if u witnessed or heard about instanteneous creation of everything in six days according to myth religionists peddle around

NB
buhahahaha.
As expected when questions becomes incomprehensible, they'll choose to chicken out.

stay on point. answer a simple yes or No

i havent talked about what i believe about the world so stop being unreasonably overzealous

1 Like

Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: Lol! God witnessed it before he woke up. grin
may be he did but this time, God is a 'super man'
I talking about man here
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by MacDaddy01: 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2012
Toba, why are you lashing out?

You very well know that you are asking an annoying question that will backfire against you. Seriously, were you or anyone present when God created the world in 6 days?

The difference here is that the big bang is more logical than the creationism.
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01: Toba, why are you lashing out?

You very well know that you are asking an annoying question that will backfire against you. Seriously, were you or anyone present when God created the world in 6 days?

The difference here is that the big bang is more logical than the creationism.
my young NL friend. Im asking a genuine question. I wasnt present when Moses wrote Genesis, neither were any atheist present when the so called evolution happened, right?

how sure are we that God wasnt present prior to evolution? if anyone can conclusively prove to us that he actually saw evolution happened and No God/god caused, such a person may be my hero
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Niflheim(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
RUBBISH!!!.......wasn't it not pastor benny hinn who endorsed the big bang theory in the presence of paul crouch and his wife(mrs purple hair)?why don't you ask them to give you details about 'the big bang'?
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by cyrexx: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ op,

normally i ignore post that depicts ignorance like this one, but let me make an exception

if you want to know about human body, who do you consult, a medical doctor or bible

if you want to know about your car, who do you consult, mechanical engineer or bible

if you want to know about computers, who do you consult, computer gurus or bible

I'm sure you make smarter choices in those decision, therefore
if you want to know about origin of life go and and consult biologists not the bible

if you want to know about the origin of the universe, go and consult the astronomists, not the bible

creationism is a myth, an educated mind should not be tied down to a myth like our forefathers used to be.

shikena
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by ijawkid(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
Niflheim: RUBBISH!!!.......wasn't it not pastor benny hinn who endorsed the big bang theory in the presence of paul crouch and his wife(mrs purple hair)?why don't you ask them to give you details about 'the big bang'?

Please who is benny hinn??

Is he not that adulterer??

Is he d bible??

Abeg carry that man commot for my front....

Big slam my foot...

Benny hinn must have been smoking some weed lately..
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by MacDaddy01: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2012
ijawkid:

Please who is benny hinn??

Is he not that adulterer??

Is he d bible??

Abeg carry that man commot for my front....

Big slam my foot...

Benny hinn must have been smoking some weed lately..

The catholic church nko? They accept evolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution#Support_for_evolution_by_religious_bodies
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by ijawkid(m): 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:

The catholic church nko? They accept evolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution#Support_for_evolution_by_religious_bodies

Na them sabi....!!!!

Anybody who believes our ancestors are apes must be an ape as well...mumu theory!!!!!!.....
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by MacDaddy01: 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2012
ijawkid:

Na them sabi....!!!!

Anybody who believes our ancestors are apes must be an ape as well...mumu theory!!!!!!.....

So, the majority of scientists are mumus? Go back to your biology class...human are from the same family as apes.

Seriously, do you go to a doctor or pastor to treat your disease?
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
toba: Pls share ur experience if u witnessed it or u heard about it from someone who witnessed it.

NB

did anyone dead or living witnessed the eden of garden creation story? please share your experience if you have witnessed it or heard it from someone who witnessed it.
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by ijawkid(m): 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:

So, the majority of scientists are mumus? Go back to your biology class...human are from the same family as apes.

Seriously, do you go to a doctor or pastor to treat your disease?

Hw many bananas have u eaten lately...

Idiot!!!

Oyibo people tell u,ur from apes and as d slave u are to them u gulp down the foolish theory...

I'll tell u today that all those scientists are fools,mumus...

They are dust...mere dust..

Monkey like u and ur gods(sÇientists) u follow...

U have become so sensless and cheap so as to agree that humans and apes are from d same descent..

I no just know wetin to call u...

You are a monkey...
Go scratch ur butt
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Logicbwoy: 1:02am On Jul 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Hw many bananas have u eaten lately...

Idiot!!!

Oyibo people tell u,ur from apes and as d slave u are to them u gulp down the foolish theory...

I'll tell u today that all those scientists are fools,mumus...

They are dust...mere dust..

Monkey like u and ur gods(sÇientists) u follow...

U have become so sensless and cheap so as to agree that humans and apes are from d same descent..

I no just know wetin to call u...

You are a monkey...
Go scratch ur butt

Why are you so damn proud of ignorance? Basic biology will tell you that humans are from the same hominid family with apes!

Why would you accept laptops, germ theory and medicine from scientists but reject evolution? When did the bible become a biology book? The same bible that has a cure for leprosy involving incantations and the blood of a bird [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2014:33-57&version=KJV]Leveticus 14;33-57[/url]

Please watch this video and see the kind of people you are agreeing with;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by ijawkid(m): 8:15am On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Why are you so damn proud of ignorance? Basic biology will tell you that humans are from the same hominid family with apes!

Why would you accept laptops, germ theory and medicine from scientists but reject evolution? When did the bible become a biology book? The same bible that has a cure for leprosy involving incantations and the blood of a bird [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2014:33-57&version=KJV]Leveticus 14;33-57[/url]

Please watch this video and see the kind of people you are agreeing with;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

And u want me to follow evolutionists who are dumb....

Till this moment u haven't answered d posters question..

U have just been circumventing telling me from ur peurile brain why evolution is infallible...

Something u never witnessed..

Abeg go rest.....

All this is to avoid d fact that there is a creator,a starter of d universe and all in it...
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 23, 2012
diluminati:

did anyone dead or living witnessed the eden of garden creation story? please share your experience if you have witnessed it or heard it from someone who witnessed it.

Stop acting ignorant and silly. Here's my response

toba: my young NL friend. Im asking a genuine question. I wasnt present when Moses wrote Genesis, neither were any atheist present when the so called evolution happened, right?

how sure are we that God wasnt present prior to evolution? if anyone can conclusively prove to us that he actually saw evolution happened and No God/god caused, such a person may be my hero

Are u ready to answer the OP now?
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Logicbwoy: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2012
ijawkid:

And u want me to follow evolutionists who are dumb....

Till this moment u haven't answered d posters question..

U have just been circumventing telling me from ur peurile brain why evolution is infallible...

Something u never witnessed..

Abeg go rest.....

All this is to avoid d fact that there is a creator,a starter of d universe and all in it...

Wow.....with a wave of the hand, you call the scienitsts dumb. You are proud to be ignorant.

As for the OP's question, it is a stupid question. Were you around to see creation in Gensesis?

The Toba that you are agreeing with is claiming that Moses wrote Genesis. Wow, you people are damn ignorant. You s.tupidity irriates me. I am going to watch a documentary to balance the stu.pidity that I have recieved from you guyz
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Wow.....with a wave of the hand, you call the scienitsts dumb. You are proud to be ignorant.

As for the OP's question, it is a stupid question. Were you around to see creation in Gensesis?

The Toba that you are agreeing with is claiming that Moses wrote Genesis. Wow, you people are damn ignorant. You s.tupidity irriates me. I am going to watch a documentary to balance the stu.pidity that I have recieved from you guyz

when questions are comprehensibly for u guys, the usual approach is to seek escapist route. Not so?
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Logicbwoy: 9:47am On Jul 23, 2012
toba:

when questions are comprehensibly for u guys, the usual approach is to seek escapist route. Not so?

What? You realise that your question is actually foolish?
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

What? You realise that your question is actually foolish?

Not at all. I require only a simple Yes or a No, just that i realised how u foolishly were unable to respond.
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Logicbwoy: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2012
toba:

Not at all. I require only a simple Yes or a No, just that i realised how u foolishly were unable to respond.

You realise that your question is rhetorical in nature? It is an accepted "No".
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by usisky(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2012
Yes Mr. Toba, yes!! And with absolute certainty that is.
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by usisky(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2012
PS: I often wonder why people think the Big-Bang or Evolution(not exactly as Darwin postulated) precludes deliberate creation?!
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
Hi
usisky: Yes Mr. Toba, yes!! And with absolute certainty that is.

Who's this person that witnessed it?
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Areaboy2(m): 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
I have taken my time to make a write-up explaining the big b@ng.. will just copy and paste it here.

Please take your time to read through. Don't make any judgement if you don't read to the end.

I'm sure it will stop you from asking pointless questions like those.

In the spirit of NL. my answer to your question is No I haven't seen either. but read below
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Areaboy2(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
I'll try to explain the big b@ng theory(no not sheldon and leonard lol ) based on an excellent lecture by a renowned physics professor L Krauss so most here that cant research will have a little idea of what it is exactly.

Now, in the late 1920's a Lawyer turned astronomer Edwin Hubble discovered something amazing as he observed the night sky. He realised that over a long period of observation, some stars seemed to move farther and farther away from us. the closest ones moved a little and the farthest ones moved a lot (this point is very important for what I'll explain later). However, it made him feel we were the centre of the universe since everything was moving away from us.

This will obviously agree with what religion will say god created us in the centre of everything. LOL. but anyway back on topic. So, let us imagine the universe on a two dimensional plane at different times t1 and t2 as shown in the image below. Now the galaxy on the right has been blown up uniformly in all directions (with no centre in mind) at time t2. Imagine us standing outside this imaginary 2d universe, we can clearly see that the expansion is uniform all the way right?

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg824/scaled.php?server=824&filename=galaxy1q.jpg&res=landing[/img]

lets pick on a galaxy at random from the right hand side and superimpose it on the original galaxy on the left hand side to see what happens. Below is a picture of our selected random galaxy

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg7/scaled.php?server=7&filename=galaxy2t.jpg&res=landing[/img]

after this superimposed new dual galaxy, you can see that from an observer on the randomly selected galaxy as shown below, all other galaxies seem to be moving away from them. and this is true for any randomly selected galaxy. it doest matter which galaxy you observe from, the same thing will happen and make it seem like you are in the centre of the universe. So either everywhere is the centre of the universe or No where is the centre of the universe (weird conundrum, I know). But it doesn't matter, It is expanding either way whether you believe it or not

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg502/scaled.php?server=502&filename=galaxy3.jpg&res=landing[/img]
Note: if you wana know how he figured out the expansion which has to do with how light travels, let me know and i'll run a commentary on that as well

The simple conclusion for this observation Hubble made (that won him the Nobel prize) tells us that the universe is expanding. The next question was, is this expansion steady, slowing down, or accelerating. Calculating distance and velocity of the light ray hitting us from these galaxies to conclude an acceleration or deceleration or steady state (very complex stuff to explain, but If u need more on this let me know too). Along with this calculation is an accurate prediction the interaction between gravity and this expansion to see if we live in a closed, open, or flat universe.
see the picture below to understand what i mean by open closed or flat universe

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg29/scaled.php?server=29&filename=universeb.jpg&res=landing[/img]

All three of them will behave differently when light refracts through them as proved by the boomerang experiment in Antarctica
In an open universe, light rays diverge as you go back in time (or look far enough)
In a closed universe, light rays converge
In a flat universe light rays travel in a straight line (just like magic, thats what we have)

Flat universe means a lot of things, one of which is the expansion acceleration we were trying to determine earlier. Keep this in mind

Now we all can agree about the universe expanding, Lets move on and talk about Light.

Light is basically the holy grail of astronomy and cosmology as nearly all observations made is based on it. The speed of light is somewhere around 300,000 km/h (that is kilo meters per hour) and Einstein says nothing can travel faster than that. Observing distant planets pose a lot of troubles dealing with the huge numbers they present in terms of distance.

For example, Jupiter is about 660 million kilo meters away from us. This number is tiny compared to the nearest star to us (The Proxima Centauri)at around 40 trillion Km. Now as the distance increases, we have more and more problem crunching down the numbers. So they device using the time it will take light to travel that distance and use it as a measure of distance itself which comes up to Light seconds, minutes, hours, days, years. Knowing our speed of light, we can divide the distance by that speed and get other values in Light speed

So Jupiter = 32 light minutes (we can express it like this for now)

Proxima Centauri = 4.24 light years (you can convert this to minutes or hours if you like).

Right!. So we all understand expansion and speed of light. how do them both relate? Before we go into this I will like to explain one more thing about light travel. If it takes light to travel one minute from point A to an observer in point B, it means the observer at B is seeing a light originally emitted one minute ago in the past. So he is basically seeing the past. This continues for greater distances. Our moon we see it as it was 1 second ago. Jupiter you can see it as it was 32 minutes ago. Proxima Centauri we can see it 4.24 years ago.

Hence light travel limitations lets us see into the past.

Following this idea, if we can look FAAAAAAAAAAR enough, we will see the universe at is birth, right? or even the big b@ng happening? Well, not exactly. It turns out we can only see about 13.7billion light years in all direction after what we hit a wall. Again are we in the center? or is there a problem.?

This is where Cosmic microwave background radiation (CMBR) comes in and is usually known as the "after glow" of the bigb@ng. If you keep looking back in time (far light distances in this case) the universe gets hotter and hotter and hotter until it reaches 3000 degrees (slightly warmer than Maiduguri HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) at about 100,000 years old (how did they determine that it is hot by simply looking at it? well, there is a strong relationship between light wave and heat so different colours or wavelengths of light will be seen for different temperatures).

At this temperature, the radiation is hot enough to break apart atoms into protons and electrons leaving you with a funny charged plasma. and we know a plasma is opaque to radiation. so we can see this Plasma but nothing else after that. This wall runs all around. A prediction of a the big b@ng was that we must be able to detect radiation from all around due to the broken down atoms that form that plasma and Voila! exactly what we observe. You will find this funny but you and me have all seen this radiation. When you watch your old black and white television of the 1980's and NTA goes off air, you see static. This static is that after glow of the bigb@ng. =) (again another giant topic too) takes so much reading to understand this

All these evidence confirm that the expansion came from one astronomical event that occurred a short while after that CMBR which is what we now call the bigb@ng. so, was it really and explosion? no one is saying that because the laws of physics didnt exist before then. so before you think in terms of bombs exploding, it is not quite that.

Before you guys say what caused the bigb@ng, Remember I explained something about a flat universe as the exact model of what our universe is?.
Do you know what the beauty of a flat universe is? The sum of energy in it = 0. that means, gravity, dark matter, atoms, particles, light, and the whole lot even black holes cancel themselves out neatly to give zero total enrgy (awwww embarassed I can feel a cold chill down the back of my spine as i type this. it is so beautiful cry ) If the universe has zero total energy, it could have easily began from nothing! so much for "cause and effect" B!TCHES tongue hahahaha. Even god will be impressed.

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg19/scaled.php?server=19&filename=78796773.jpg&res=landing[/img]
Lets forget all the complicated Greek symbols. they even daze me so much I feel like throwing up. But I wont for now cheesy. all you need to know is LHS represents curvature (geometry) of the universe and RHS is energy and momentum
the quantity that later jumps from LHS to RHS of the equation he called it the cosmological term which Einstien kept at the LHS of that equation but wanted to throw away so much cos he felt he didn't need it. It represented nothing. But later due to some mathematical magic (this is a jk btw LOL) The term jumped from LHS to RHS and everything changed. Y? because nothing causes it. when i say nothing i mean nothing, Empty space (70% of the entire universe is empty space) or as they will like to call it Dark matter. it does have energy and mass too as was discovered. Strange world we live in aye?

Einstiens equation. He formed this even before the bigb@ng and it confirmed the same thing. I really will Shoot anyone that tells me the bigb@ng is rubbish angry

One last thing

I cant leave this without talking about what Professor Laurence Krauss said in his book "Atom". He was explaining how every atom in your body came from star dust. A star has to explode for us to get elements like carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron etc. The atoms in your left hand may be from a different star from the atom in your right hand. "So forget Jesus, the star died so that you and me will be here today" grin
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
@Area_boy, I like the simplified nature of that write up. Did you compile everything it or is there a site you can link me to for more info?
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Areaboy2(m): 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
fellis: @Area_boy, I like the simplified nature of that write up. Did you compile everything it or is there a site you can link me to for more info?

I compiled it from books I read and a few E-Lectures and tried to simplify it as much as my understanding can permit. There hardly is one site that will have all these together (not that I know of anyway)

A good angle for further research will be to search works from these authors: Professor Stephen Hawking, Dr Michio Kaku, Professor Laurence Krauss, Professor Brian Cox and Of course the general relativity theory by Einstein. There are so many more experts in the field, but these guys make it look so simple.
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by usisky(m): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
Re: Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? by Areaboy2(m): 9:06pm On Jul 23, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastors Praise Trump For Skipping Climate Crisis Panel For Religious Freedom / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? / The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.