Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

Tutorial - How To Stop Yahoo From Tracking You - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tutorial - How To Stop Yahoo From Tracking You (1724 Views)

Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords / Tutorial: How To Create Your Own Free Iwp Server / Web Version of Yahoo, MSN and AOL Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tutorial - How To Stop Yahoo From Tracking You by charlisco(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2006
As you all know, Yahoo! upgraded its features and the capacities of the mail accounts have grown to 1Gig. That's good for sure, but the "monitoring" methods that we all have been far too familiar with in the last couple of years have been renewed with this move also. Yahoo! is now keeping track of which sites its members that are getting into groups or using Yahoo! services are visiting and storing this data with a method called "Web Beacons". The aim is to give these statistics to the partner companies arranged by agreement and to improve the "advertisement guiding" function.

However, those who are bothered by this and do not want to be kept track of have still a choice. Yahoo! has hidden this option way deep inside somewhere but I'm declaring it here in case there are people who want it anyway:

1. Go to the address :
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy
and click the "Cookies" link under the "Special Topics" column.

2. Click the "Web Beacons" link under the "Reference Links" Column.

3. On this page, click the "click here to opt out" link toward the end of the third paragraph in the middle page under the "Outside the Yahoo! Network" title.

4. After a while, a page that says you have been out of the monitoring program will load. Without doing anything, close that page or continue your usual surfing by typing another address in the address bar. (Do NOT click the "Cancel Opt-out" button, your action will be cancelled!)

5. You're done! Now Yahoo! will not record what you're doing during surfing.

You can still let your friends know that it might be interested to know about this; since no matter how "innocent" it may seem, it's still a violation Of privacy!

http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy

i would like to know you comment/encouragement about this tutorial to give me the mind of post stuff like this here
Re: Tutorial - How To Stop Yahoo From Tracking You by Zahymaka(m): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2006
Thanks bro. I'm on my way right now.
Re: Tutorial - How To Stop Yahoo From Tracking You by darediamond(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2012
Like Google Using MAC ADDRESS MONITORER SOFTWARE, Yahoo can still Monitor you.
To fully stop both yahoo and google and all other sites, Just get the software Called MadMac.
This will keep Changing your Computer System Address Whenever you Re-Connect to the Web.

(1) (Reply)

Booting From Primary Slave Disc / Huawei E586 Mifi Probelm / Promo Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.