Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,488 members, 7,954,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries (20418 Views)

Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? / Visa Free Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Biggyd2: 8:39am On Jul 23, 2012
Zambia has excluded Nigeria among the African and Commonwealth countries that do not require visa to enter the country. The other country also excluded in the preference list is The Gambia.

Ordinarily, Nigerians should obtain Zambian visa at the point of entry into that country but latest development indicate that Zambia authorities have changed their mind on free visa application requirements for Nigerians.

The country said in its website that Nigerian nationals and some others going to Zambia as private/ business visitors or in transit shall apply for visas at Zambian Missions abroad. It however said the nationals who come to Zambia on confirmed Government business could obtain their entry visas at Zambian Missions abroad or points of entry upon production of official invitation letters.

On realizing the Zambian stance on Nigeria, some delegates and officials including the Editor of Daily Independent, Ikechukwu Amaechi billed to attend the CNN/MultiChoice 2012 African Journalist award held in that country for the first time last weekend and who did not start their visa application early stayed back.

The Minister in charge of Zambia’s Foreign Affairs and Tourism, Given Lubinda told BusinessDay in Lusaka that Nigeria suppose to be in the preference list whose nationals will obtain visa at point of entry. “We will look into it”

Probably aware that Nigeria has been excluded from the free visa requirement until at the point of entry, Lubinda however said it is in the interest of Zambia that more Nigerians visit the country as it is through such visits that bi-lateral trade between both countries can grow. Zambia buys cotton from Nigeria.
It is not clear why friendly Zambia subjected Nigerian nationals among those countries that require visa before entering the country but sources have linked it to security challenges in Nigeria at the moment.

Few months ago, South Africa deported some Nigerians on the excuse of fake yellow fever documents an action Nigeria retaliated before peace was achieved.
The Boko Haram insurgence, the Islamic fundamentalist movement that has in the last two years unleashed terror and fears on Nigerians and killed over 700 people through bomb attacks has especially put Nigeria on spotlight. This senseless attack is the group’s attempt to stop Western education and impose Sharia in the Northern part of Nigeria.

The question of Nigeria’s image especially in the face of recent international humiliations has been resurfacing in various fora with speakers expressing dissatisfaction with the present state of Nigeria as a brand.

Recently, the Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Ameachi said all responsible governments need to discover what the world’s perception of their country is, and to develop a strategy for managing it. It is a key part of their job to try to build a reputation that is fair, true, powerful, attractive, genuinely useful to their economic, political and social aims, and honestly reflects the spirit, the genius and the will of the people.
Also speaking recently, the marketing director of Coca Cola, Austin Ufomba blamed our image on the poor institutions.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/41557--zambia-excludes-nigeria-from-visa-free-countries
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Biggyd2: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2012
The government is working! Soon Nigerians will be banned from Bakassi as well. And people are still busy eating cassava bread! shocked angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by bidex(m): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2012
who dey go dem country before? infact this is a slap in the face to all NIGERIANS. I wont blame them at all. Are we not the one that did not put our home in order?

4 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Ortis: 9:55am On Jul 23, 2012
HEY HEY....CHEY CHEY...PLS GEJ,IBB,BUHARI ND ODA POLITICIANS HAV MERCY ON US ND FORGIVE US OUR SINS ND STOP STAINING NIGERIA ON D INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY....COMMON ZAMBIA

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by miteolu(m): 9:55am On Jul 23, 2012
ANY THING GOOD IN ZAMBIA? God! Nigeria is now a country smallest rat Zambia excludes visa.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by hammedkola(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2012
wetin concern me, i dey go Zambia?

3 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Chanchit: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2012
If its because of security reasons, then i support their decision... Btw, even without the security issues any country dt gives us dt kind of priviledge will cry foul, before refree blow whistle... Cos their are some bad eggs that would always portray nigeria in bad images....

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Okijajuju1(m): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2012
Even Zambia..

Their matter na small thing!! We will simply blacklist them, close our high commision there and make all Zambians coming to Nigeria to have to travel to a neighbouring country to apply for a visa with a 6months processing period.. angry

13 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Profkenny1(m): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2012
Even Zambia of all countries
coffee wey I dey drink for hia comot my nose as I dey read this grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by 195(f): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2012
Stop d cotton trade

And let's see who comes begging

Ediots
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by 195(f): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2012
Okija_juju: Even Zambia..

Their matter na small thing!! We will simply blacklist them, close our high commision there and make all Zambians coming to Nigeria to have to travel to a neighbouring country to apply for a visa with a 6months processing period.. angry

Я there even zambians here

Notin gud eva comes out frm dat country or its citizens

Case close - make everybody stay their house Jare

Zambia ko Zambasin ni

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2012
then Nigeria should exclude Zambia from Visa free countries! QED! very Simple angry angry

abi na every baga go give us shit chop? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by ifihearam: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2012
Zambia of all countries

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by cutievik: 10:06am On Jul 23, 2012
Words fail me,words fail me,Giant of Africa,pride of Africa.well i tink it's hightime tym the gov't rise up 2 d challege in order 2 restore our lost glory,today we here South africa,tomorrow it's Ghana nd d next almighty Zambia.enough is enough

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by alaoeri: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2012
Imagine oh, zambia also forming.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2012
Just to avoid refuge when the war finally breaks out.... Am i the only one seeing this things

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by gulfer: 10:09am On Jul 23, 2012
What do you people expect?
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2012
Where is Zambia sef? Na only for Big Brother Africa I dey hear that country jor!
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by NiyiMorino(m): 10:13am On Jul 23, 2012
Zambia must be joking, we may be passing through difficult times but they will def regret their action. By d way, who goes to zambia?

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by buty: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2012
gboss4sure: Just to avoid refuge when the war finally breaks out.... Am i the only one seeing this things
 point dear, bt war Iڪ Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ our portion in Nigeria again. The war I seee will start and end in the north.
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by gidjah(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2012
very soon sudan wl also ban naija too. Me go move to afghanistan abeg jare.
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Wizeboy(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2012
Hmmmm.... God, how did we get to this point where even irrelevant country are now blacklisting us. Nigeria that is once called GIANT of Africa are now like an ANT in Africa not to talk of Europe and other Continent.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 23, 2012
Okija_juju: Even Zambia..

They will also need to provide five references, and proof of religion card....lol

3 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by DICKtator: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2012
Seriously? An african country?. Of all countries!!!!. Zambia!!!
Wonder what Nigeria is turning to!!.
Can only happen in this type of administration!!.
GEJ would soon state He doesn't give a damn as usual!!!

2 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by tunapawizzy: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2012
ahhhhhh dis mata dey make me cry aswear...chei ZAMBIA... e dun be for naija o
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by justwise(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2012
Wizeboy: Hmmmm.... God, how did we get to this point where even irrelevant country are now blacklisting us. Nigeria that is once called GIANT of Africa are now like an ANT in Africa not to talk of Europe and other Continent.

Such a silly comment
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by mickjagger(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2012
Is there any place on earth that Nigerians can actually travel visa free?

Apart from Somalia and Afghanistan, that is grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by tunapawizzy: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2012
190_@:
Stop d cotton trade

And let's see who comes begging

Ediots
my sister but why u dey abuse dem now, dese bomb wey we dey throw up and down like knockout the whole word is watching us in 7D o, and sincerely Zambia is just trying to be security conscious n not get infiltrated by nigerian bombers. its quite sad but lets transfer our aggression to the appropriate quarters, and leave Zambia that cares about her security out of the blame

3 Likes

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2012
Zambia sef dey flex muscle. Na wah o shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by safarigirl(f): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2012
Okay, so? Goodluck to those travelling to Zambia, and safe journey, if they like they can even ban us from getting flight ticket to their country, not like Zambia was on my list of ten...twenty...thirty...a hundred countries to visit in my lifetime, even Zimbabwe would've been more disturbing

1 Like

Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by playcharles(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2012
of all country....zambia ke,..that country dey for map so...we no blame una na our country naija we blame
Re: Zambia Excludes Nigeria From Visa Free Countries by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2012
People go to Zambia ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: First Phase Of Blue Line Rail Project Will Be Completed Next Week / Trailer Crushes Man Into Two (Graphic Photo) / Update On Rural Roads Constructed In Akwa Ibom For The Last 18months... Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.