Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Best Fighting Game On PS3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Best Fighting Game On PS3 (2354 Views)

Need Fighting Game Warriors In Port Harcourt! / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? / Best Fighting Game Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Fighting Game On PS3 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
Hi guys,
Just got a Playstation 3. Need help regarding fighting games. Which is the best?
1. Mortal Kombat
2. Tekken
3. Soul Calibur
4. Street fighter

I'm leaning towards SF cos I feel it has a less arduous learning curve.
Any ideas, anyone?
Re: Best Fighting Game On PS3 by ritchboy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
musKeeto: Hi guys,
Just got a Playstation 3. Need help regarding fighting games. Which is the best?
1. Mortal Kombat
2. Tekken
3. Soul Calibur
4. Street fighter

Any ideas, anyone?

It depends on your taste. I never really liked Tekken, Soul Calibur used to be head and shoulders above the rest but is now in decline.

SF actually has the MOST ARDUOUS learning curve if you're talking about complete mastery(took me a full decade! grin ).

I'd recommend MK9 cos it's the easiest for casual gamers to get into without much fuss. It's also surprisingly deep(compared to previous iterations) and will have even hardcore gamers spending countless hours in training trying to master kombos!

Personally, I play Marvel Vs Capcom the most but I only recommend that to the criminally insane! grin grin grin
Re: Best Fighting Game On PS3 by PrinceNN(m): 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
mk9 is the best
Re: Best Fighting Game On PS3 by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2012
Got the opportunity to try SOul Calibur V. a very hopeless game.....
Boring as hell..

Getting mortal kombat tomorrow.. thanks guys..
Re: Best Fighting Game On PS3 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
musKeeto: Hi guys,
1. Mortal Kombat
2. Tekken
3. Soul Calibur
4. Street fighter

Any ideas, anyone?

Well, I love all of those Games...but since you just bought a ps3..i would recommend Street Fighter X Tekken

It's really addictive.

Re: Best Fighting Game On PS3 by cuteken(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
mortal kombat all the way!! grin
Re: Best Fighting Game On PS3 by usermane(m): 3:28am On Aug 04, 2012
Hmm me 2 have been look for answer to the same question.
Soul calibur and tekken on ps2 have bright graphics but the storymode are poor and the gameplay is slow and lack fluidity. Mk and Sf are faster and have better,longer storymode especially mk,full of more fighting moves. To choose btw d latest fighting sf or mk game is dependent on what u want in a game evn if sfiv arcade edition is generally chosen as d best in market for this console generation

Am still stuck in attempt to chose btw mk and sf 4 my ps3 bt i suggest dt if u want a game that is dark,gory, with beautiful,lengthy storymode go for mk9. Otherwise, u will want to settle for sf
Re: Best Fighting Game On PS3 by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 18, 2012
ritchboy:

It depends on your taste. I never really liked Tekken, Soul Calibur used to be head and shoulders above the rest but is now in decline.

SF actually has the MOST ARDUOUS learning curve if you're talking about complete mastery(took me a full decade! grin ).

I'd recommend MK9 cos it's the easiest for casual gamers to get into without much fuss. It's also surprisingly deep(compared to previous iterations) and will have even hardcore gamers spending countless hours in training trying to master kombos!

Personally, I play Marvel Vs Capcom the most but I only recommend that to the criminally insane! grin grin grin

My guy I totally agree with you on that SF issue, I've been playing it for many years as well thinking I was very good, until I went online. . .oh boy that's another level of players entirely. There you meet players who account for every frame of movement,know exactly what they're doing and never miss combos! That game takes a whole lot of hardwork and practice to master at professional level and yes it's being played like a sport at professional level too (EVO tournaments) and people actually make a living from it
Re: Best Fighting Game On PS3 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2012
Sf online is pretty tough, ill co-sign that.

If you are an average adult male with a job,school,family and wife or girlfriend...Just winning a "Round" is an accomplishment

There are SF geeks who have studied that game religiously and have mastered every thing there is to Know.

I enjoy the challenges of Online Gaming and Competing against The Masters.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell My Nintendo 3ds Or Swap Wif Psp or ps2 / Gamerspoint (PC & PlayStation Games) EKITI & ONDO / Nokia Bounce Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.