Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Thank You. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thank You. (1059 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / Literature / Writing Section Best Poster Of The Year 2012 - A Big Thank You! / Please Suggest Topics To Write In My Article Collection,thank You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You. by Orikinla(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2007
May I thank you all for the obligation to read all my short stories, satirical sketches, articles and memoirs on Nairaland since I joined this forum.

Charity begins at home.

I have found an American agent who is excited about my prose and he is doing his best to let the rest of the world know about me.
He sends out e-mail notifications on my writings.

This man has not even met me, but he has been thorough with the evaluation of my writings. He rejected the first three titles before accepting the others.
The fact is I have heaps of my writings, so I always have many to choose from.
Practice makes perfect.
It was the great Cyprian Ekwensi who advised, "Write. Write. Write. Do not stop writing. The more you write, the more you perfect your prose."
My agent is the only human who deserves the credit for my progress and success as a different kind of African writer.
He wanted to nominate one of my stories for an international award, but I declined and told him that it was not good enough.

I have many international invitations and I was even asked to be nominated for the Board of Directors of the prestigious Online News Association (ONA) in New York, USA, but I replied that it was too early since I only became a professional member last July.

Ben Okri is still the best of the new generation of Nigerian writers.
The higly gifted ones following Ben Okri are not even well known to most Nigerians, such as Olu Oguibe, Obi Wakama and Jide Ogunbade.

The highlights of 2007 are the publications of my Amazon shorts, and "Naked Beauty" I co-authored with Chika Onu, the Nollywood veteran and director of "Living in Bondage 2" and "Glamour Girls", who is presently doing his Ph.D at the University of Port Harcourt in Rivers state, Nigeria. "Naked Beauty" is the first Nigerian screnplay to be published and sold even before the production of the film.
I am also glad and grateful to God for being the publisher of "The Mandate of M.K.O Abiola", the historical play written by a Nigerian geologist and poet, Adeleke Adeyemi, the Editor of Timeless newspaper in Lagos, Nigeria.

I am a writer of destiny by the rhema of God.
I am only writing to share this universal rhema.

I will tell our stories as they happened and as they are happening and as they will happen, like the chronicles of the Holy Scriptures, and I will call a spade a spade, without apologies or regrets.

As we say in my mother tongue, Nkiruka, the future is greater.
Ahaah! And the future is here!

I wish you the best things in life which only God can give us all.

We have a lot to celebrate in 2008.

Please, do your best to make sure you live long to see the greater things coming our way.

Believe in God
Love good and doing good.
But you must hate evil and reject evil in any form, even if that evil is in human form, you must reject the evil.
If we do not destroy evils, evils will destroy us.

I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Cheers and God bless you always.

Congratulations to you!

Yours faithfully,
Orikinla Osinachi.
"The Fearless Scribe of The Rhema"

N.B:
The "Richest Man in Babylon" was a scribe who acquired the rhema to make wealth.

Re: Thank You. by illusion2: 11:34am On Dec 11, 2007
Well done bro smiley

More grease to your elbows grin
Re: Thank You. by beneli(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2007
@ Orikinla
Good things come to those who dare. I dont know who said that but there's a ring of truth to it; at least you're there as proof.

Well done!
Re: Thank You. by kay9(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2007
hi orinkila, good work! literature made in Nigera has really comt to stay. i'm still @ the bottom of the ladder, though (just published my first book), but i hope to get there too.

merry xmas, every one!
Re: Thank You. by angelempy(f): 8:42am On Jan 24, 2008
congrats to u, orikinla. all the best.
u talk of writing much as if its dat easy. oh well all the best onec again.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Song Of Saro-wiwa / Theory Of Achebeism-a Thread For All Esteemed Admirer's Of Chinua Achebe / There Was A Writer: Re-mapping My Cultural Rebirth Under Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.