Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Accra Vs Lagos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Accra Vs Lagos (10531 Views)

Synagogue Church Vs Lagos Coroner Community Groans, As Prophet Lies Low / 200 Years Of Yoruba In Ghana:culture, Honour, History Take Centre-stage In Accra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accra Vs Lagos by Brixtonyute(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
[size=18pt]Lagos, Nigeria[/size]

1 Like

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by Brixtonyute(m): 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
[size=18pt]Accra, Ghana[/size]

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by Brixtonyute(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
Not Nigerian, but Lagos is 200 years ahead of Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by Smoothcrimson: 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
dumb biased pictures. Go look under the surface to get the real picture. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lagos is a village with a life expectancy of 47 years compared to 63 in Ghana(not good but, still better)!!
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by anonymous6(f): 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2012
Accra and Lagos are both beautiful cities, but Lagos is a little bit ahead, at the same time in Ghana they have steady electricity compared to just some parts of Lagos so they could equal depending on how you look at it. I am glad though the Op wasn't biased with the pictures and showed the beauty of both cities.

1 Like

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by anonymous6(f): 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
Smoothcrimson: dumb biased pictures. Go look under the surface to get the real picture. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lagos is a village with a life expectancy of 47 years compared to 63 in Ghana(not good but, still better)!!

Their is both good and bad in both cities
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by anonymous6(f): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Brixtonyute: [size=18pt]Lagos, Nigeria[/size]

I am missing Lagos after seeing these pictures
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 25, 2012
Trust me, i`m a Lagosian to the bone and lived in Accra for 18 months. I kinda liked it there.
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 26, 2012
Lagos!!! duuhhh

1 Like

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by ifyalways(f): 2:11am On Jul 26, 2012
You should be comparing Accra with port harcourt not lagos.
That's a huge insult to lagos, comparing it with Accra;there is no basis to compare with.
That said, me like Accra though cape coast is ma favorite Gh city.

2 Likes

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by gst101: 2:57am On Jul 26, 2012
Smoothcrimson: dumb biased pictures. Go look under the surface to get the real picture. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

whats your prob with this life expectancy you are always talking about? How did anybody arrive at that figure. I have never seen any one come around our houses taking data before. The only reason why those figures exist is becos no one has questioned it.

It is not in lagos life expectancy is low. This is becos the quality of life, acess to health care is available. Lagosians are not the nigerians that live below a dollar a day. This is true becos 2 dollar is not enough to take you around. And lagosians are always on the move.

1 Like

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by gst101: 3:00am On Jul 26, 2012
anonymous6: Accra and Lagos are both beautiful cities, but Lagos is a little bit ahead, at the same time in Ghana they have steady electricity compared to just some parts of Lagos so they could equal depending on how you look at it. I am glad though the Op wasn't biased with the pictures and showed the beauty of both cities.
those skyscrapers are always having light

1 Like

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by anonymous6(f): 3:03am On Jul 26, 2012
gst101: those skyscrapers are always having light

True, lol cheesy
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 26, 2012
anonymous6:

True, lol cheesy

wat's ur buque size?
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by gst101: 3:11am On Jul 26, 2012
with all these infrastructure after 50 years of independence, our leaders did not steal all of our money afterall. This is to those who say there has never been dev after 50 years
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by gst101: 3:16am On Jul 26, 2012

serious! Lagos a village? I wonder what you call accra? Just wondering...
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by anonymous6(f): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
Re: Accra Vs Lagos by lawani: 9:34am On Jan 23, 2017
IF YOU SAY ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES, LAGOS TRUMPS MANY EUROPEAN AND NORTH AMERICAN CITIES! BUT IS LAGOS BETTER THAN THOSE CITIES? NO. LAGOS WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN THEM UNDER NIGERIA. ACCRA IS TO LAGOS WHAT CITIES LIKE BONN, PRAGUE, WARSAW, AND ETC IN EUROPE ARE TO LAGOS BUT TO A LESSER EXTENT. ABIDJAN RANKS HIGHER THAN ACCRA IN WEST AFRICA AS A MODERN CITY.

1 Like

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by gerg: 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
Actually, there is no basis of comparison between Lagos and Accra. Maybe compare Accra and Asaba or Accra and Warri but not Lagos. But honestly, I will prefer to live in Accra than Lagos because of many things. there is peace, there is electricity and people are more sane in Accra. Lagos is a very insane city with all the bad things happening there. I can't even think of settling down in Lagos. Nigeria as a country ins insane but Lagos took it to a whole new different level

2 Likes

Re: Accra Vs Lagos by popizaino(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2018
gerg:
Actually, there is no basis of comparison between Lagos and Accra. Maybe compare Accra and Asaba or Accra and Warri but not Lagos. But honestly, I will prefer to live in Accra than Lagos because of many things. there is peace, there is electricity and people are more sane in Accra. Lagos is a very insane city with all the bad things happening there. I can't even think of settling down in Lagos. Nigeria as a country ins insane but Lagos took it to a whole new different level

In as much as lagos is abit developed than Accra doesn't mean you should ridicule accra by comparing it with Asaba.No nigerian city is comparable to accra aside lagos.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Eulogy Of Yoruba Towns / Corporal Punishment: A Significant Part Of The African Tradition? / Are East Africans Really BLACK????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.