Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,470 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! (3621 Views)

What Are The Worst Ways Of Learning Programming? / Which Laptop Is Most Suitable For Learning Programming For Beginners? / Is It Late To Start Learning Programming @ 28 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
Note: He doesn't have a laptop
My friend is learning Python programming mainly with his java-phone{ not symbian o}!
You think am joking right?
This is what he does:
He reads free python PDF books online,
e.g A byte of Python.. Dive into Python..
{if you need those books- just google the names..you can also download them if you have a symbian phone.}
You might be wondering how he runs the code right?!
They're some online Compilers/Interpreters, like-
http://www.codepad.com
or
http://www.ideone.com

he goes there and implement those things that he has read.
Anytime he meets a brickwall
{they're some code that won't run on the Online Compiler}
So what does he do?
- he goes to one of his friends house to use his laptop to compile it.

And believe me when i say this- the guy is getting better by the day.

Why are my telling you people this?

It's simple:
Encourage people- especially those ones that don't have a Laptop/Destop, that are new to programming- not to give up.. And not to wait until a Laptop comes before they'll start programming.
beginners: START with what you have NOW!
But am not saying you can learn programming entirely with phone o!
But at least you can start with what you got now- your Phone!
Start Coding people!
And by the way, i learnt the basic of HTML,JavaScript,PHP with my phone back then.

Ask me any question concerning the topic- and i will gladly reply You.

http://godvillawess..com/

1 Like

Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by abubaka101: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
Same thing am doing!
Though its hard, but it keeps me busy!
I started learning it with my Nokia 5130 Xpress music phone in March, and so far I've learnt: HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, HTML DOM, JQUERY (still learning), XML (still learning), ASP(still learning).
I like to follow the right pattern/procedure, so when am done with jQuery, I hope to learn (then master) as much as I can about PHP/ASP.NET/.NET, before the end of the year.
How I do mine is; I write them down in a notebook (its really hard, considering the text indentation, symbols and tabs), all the topics/chapters/examples.
When writing, I make sure I write them correctly and the way I can understand it so I'll easily remember what is what.
Then I copy the examples I've written into my Jtext lite editor, then I view them with my browser (some parts of the code don't work well on the browser, so I try them again on a Windows Mobile 6.5, which I prefer when testing code/file or my sis laptop, though its not always available).
Gradually, am able to learn as much as I can about programming.
I don't want to rush it/just it them down, I also learn to write them and arrange them for my understanding.
My advise to people is that, if they want to really learn programming, it takes alot of determination, "loneliness", focus and the ability to not get bored!
But to be honest, it really depends on whether or not you really want to learn it, and that you're not just learning just to "feel among"!

1 Like

Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
Wow! Fantastic!
At least am not alone in this.. Kudos to you my guy- i Love your determination!

That's what am talking about!
Abubaka we really need to join head together. Add me up let's chat.

http://www.facebook.com/kascoagu
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Chimanet(m): 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
This was how i started wit my java phone 3yrs bak. W3schools, inspiration from nairaland and java ranch, luk at me 2day am an intermidiate level programmer and still making sum money. 4 d programmers 2 b, is nt all abt i dnt have a laptop, have a passion 4 it, d passion will drive u 2 ur dreams. Dnt jst dat ur java phone 4 2go, use it well!
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
Intereting...
I started learning programming last week. since I don't av a PC I sleep overnight in a friend's house. My friend has a laptop.
Meanwhile I've downloaded all the books I need to get me started with python...
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 25, 2012
I was able to learn HTML & CSS on my mobile phone but really stressful and may not give you the exact result. For example, <i> Sweetheart</i> may not give you "sweetheart" in italics on your mobile and so many other tags and attributes. It is like using a cultlass for land cultivation when a buldozer can be used to ease and fasten the job. Laptop is not compulsory to learn programming but very necessary
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 25, 2012
Modified!
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 25, 2012
zameen: Intereting...
I started learning programming last week. since I don't av a PC I sleep overnight in a friend's house. My friend has a laptop.
Meanwhile I've downloaded all the books I need to get me started wit python...

Nope. Start with PHP not python. Python is easy to comprehend and sort out and those blabla but there is much more PHP has to offer.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 25, 2012
@Blugreen: I seeked advice from professionals on here before choosing my choice of language to start with, majority suggested I start from python, very view suggested VB, why No one mentioned PHP which you're suggesting now. I'd rather go for majority.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 25, 2012
zameen: @Blugreen: I seeked advice from professionals on here before choosing my choice of language to start with, majority suggested I start from python, very view suggested VB, why No one mentioned PHP which you're suggesting now. I'd rather go for majority.
You can follow you heart or follow majority. I think all you need to learn is PHP, Javascript and Perl for the mean time. Python not necessary(outdated). You can still wish to learn python though because they call it " language for beginner programmers" & no knowledge is lost but I strongly recommend putting PHP on the front-burner.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by abubaka101: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2012
@zameen I believe u're still a beginner, or rather a novice, right?
So when the professionals were suggesting a language for u, did they tell u to first learn:
1) HTML/XHTML 2). CSS 3). JavaScript/VBScript before Python.
Because from my understanding so far, there are different programming languages for different programming practice. i.e. A software programmer/developer must know either JAVA, C, C++ or .NET or all. While a web developer MUST know HTML/XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP (and MySQL for database) or ASP (including SQL and ADO for database) or ASP.NET, and also have knowledge of XML (rss feeds, etc). My belief is that u want to become a web developer.
Facebook is written in PHP (.php). JAMB'S website is written in either ASP (.asp) or ASP.NET (.aspx).
So if truly u started programming last week, I don't expect u to already know/master even HTML/XHTML (which is a must and very simple).
So my advise to u is to visit http://www.w3schools.com or http://www.tutorialspoint.com and learn all what u need.
At the summary of every tutorial (except PHP, ASP.NET and .NET mobile), they tell u whats next to learn.
Good luck!
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by aceblackpearl: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2012
abubaka101: Same thing am doing!
Though its hard, but it keeps me busy!
I started learning it with my Nokia 5130 Xpress music phone in March, and so far I've learnt: HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, HTML DOM, JQUERY (still learning), XML (still learning), ASP(still learning).
I like to follow the right pattern/procedure, so when am done with jQuery, I hope to learn (then master) as much as I can about PHP/ASP.NET/.NET, before the end of the year.
How I do mine is; I write them down in a notebook (its really hard, considering the text indentation, symbols and tabs), all the topics/chapters/examples.
When writing, I make sure I write them correctly and the way I can understand it so I'll easily remember what is what.
Then I copy the examples I've written into my Jtext lite editor, then I view them with my browser (some parts of the code don't work well on the browser, so I try them again on a Windows Mobile 6.5, which I prefer when testing code/file or my sis laptop, though its not always available).
Gradually, am able to learn as much as I can about programming.
I don't want to rush it/just it them down, I also learn to write them and arrange them for my understanding.
My advise to people is that, if they want to really learn programming, it takes alot of determination, "loneliness", focus and the ability to not get bored!
But to be honest, it really depends on whether or not you really want to learn it, and that you're not just learning just to "feel among"!

Kindly help me too ,want to start with HTML.any link or materials?
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by aceblackpearl: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2012
I need materials too, got interest in web design/web development .someone please help.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
Thanks Abubaka, how come you know so much about programming, considering the fact that you're also a newbie. Yes, web developing as always being my choice. Should I abandon python for html? or what do you suggest.

thanks.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 26, 2012
zameen: Thanks Abubaka, how come you know so much about programming, considering the fact that you're also a newbie. Yes, web developing as always being my choice. Should I abandon python for html? or what do you suggest.

thanks.
stick with python. Am also a 'new' to python.. But am getting better by the day.
Don't let people change your mind.
You don't have to learn html before you can learn python- believe me, i know..
We can join heads together and learn this programming language.
For those looking for materials for html,javascript,php.ASP,ASP.NET ETC.
Go to
http://www.w3schools.com
or go to http://www.4shared.com
and search for 'html books' or 'php books' etc
goodluck.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by ektbear: 5:43am On Jul 27, 2012
sounds pretty inconvenient.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2012
zameen: Thanks Abubaka, how come you know so much about programming, considering the fact that you're also a newbie. Yes, web developing as always being my choice. Should I abandon python for html? or what do you suggest.

thanks.
don't abandon python for any other programming language-
stick with one first. Then you can loop over to the rest when you're done with Python.
My first prog language is still- python..
Go for it.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2012
Those than need material on html/javascript/php- can google 'W3schools'.everything you need is there.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by abubaka101: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2012
To those of you who really want to learn HTML/XHTML, CSS and JavaScript with your phone before you get a laptop, here are my advise to you...
1). Visit w3schools or tutorialspoint.
2). Start with HTML.
3). Since you don't have a laptop, and internet connection is not always available, save the pages of all chapters of the tutorial. (i.e, visit the HTML tutorial, save every page, down to the summary). The reason is, you might not always have data bundle to browse the web, so even if theres no bundle, you would still be able to view those pages!
4). I advise that you write the code and explanations of its usage in a NEW NOTEBOOK. The reasons are... (i. You can just read the whole page and claim you've learnt something, you have to try it yourself. (ii. Writing in a notebook helps you read and understand the tutorial beta. (iii. You would'nt need to kill your battery, viewing the same page over and over again to see something you've missed, cause you've got an "OFFLINE" book.
5). Read the book everytime you're less busy and write the code yourself.
6). When writing the code, always remember to use "_" (the underscore) character for SPACE, and use the EXACT look of the TAB (that character you click, that puts in another line) multiplied by the number of times it was used to indicate a new line, (i.e, when you're writing JavaScript and CSS, you always have to put your statements on different lines. Example of JavaScript:
<script type="text/javascript">
var d = Date(D);
if (d=="Fri"wink)
{
alert("TGIF"wink);
}
else
{
alert("Good Day"wink);
</scrpt>
notice that the code was put on separate lines?)
7). Practice a lot and you'll be fine.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by darequam(m): 11:58am On Aug 07, 2012
zameen: Intereting...
Meanwhile I've downloaded all the books I need to get me started with python...

can u give me names of those books, cus am abt starting to programing and thank God i have both fone and laptop.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
darequam:

can u give me names of those books, cus am abt starting to programing and thank God i have both fone and laptop.
A byte of python, dive into python- if it's python you want to learn.. Well if you want different types of programming books, just go to 4shared.com(type any language you wanna learn e.g php ,c++, c, c#,Java ,python etc- and download it)
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by samnino(m): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2012
i an amateur programmer on c language and ready to more knowlegde about it so that i could proceed to c++ or c# please mail me on how to go about with useful inform it here is my mail samnino360@yahoo.com or samnino360@gmail.com
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by skydancer: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
If anyone needs, I can also help them get this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.droidc&hl=en
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 8:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
For those using Android phones

you can learn html, JavaScript, CSS, jquery, PHP, MySQL — and to some extent python with just 920 text editor and ksweb ( I believe they are the best at what they do, believe me I have searched and searched)
for python, you can use qpython3
for Java, use AIDE

errm, which one remain again?

1 Like

Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by skydancer: 10:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
CRAZYMADMAN:
For those using Android phones
you can learn html, JavaScript, CSS, jquery, PHP, MySQL — and to some extent python with just 920 text editor and ksweb ( I believe they are the best at what they do, believe me I have searched and searched)
for python, you can use qpython3
for Java, use AIDE
errm, which one remain again?

Interesting, seems ksweb is very suitable for learning web dev, any suggestions for Java/C++?
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 15, 2014
It's not exactly impossible, but it's neither ideal nor motivating.

If it were a smartphone or tablet, that's alright.
Re: Uh? Learning Programming With Phone?! by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 7:27am On Dec 15, 2014
skydancer:

Interesting, seems ksweb is very suitable for learning web dev, any suggestions for Java/C++?

Use a cracked version of AIDE, and then download the c++ extension

(1) (Reply)

Porting Javafx Application To Android [tutorial] / Beginner At Web Development / Let's Talk About OpenAI ChatGPT. What's The Future of Developers ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.