Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension (3675 Views)

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Air Suspension Problem Solved Permanently / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by abiamahart: 12:06am On Jul 25, 2012
Hi HOUSE I AM CONSIDERING BUYING THE AUDI A6 V8 ALLROAD QUATTRO JUST TO COPE WITH GROUND CLEARANCE OFF SPEED BUMPS AND POTHOLES AS EXPERIENCED IN LAGOS.

PLS ADVISE IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES WITH THE AIR SUSPENSION OF THE 2005 MODEL I SHOULD BE WEARY OF? OR OTHER ISSUES.

Thanks all in advance
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by abiamahart: 12:28am On Jul 25, 2012
WILL BE USING THE CAR SOMETIMES FOR WEEKEND RUNS TO ASABA IN DELTA STATE.

Anyone with an idea on parts availability. Are they fair or outright exhorbitant?

Is there anything like an ALL IN ONE OBD SCANNER or are they car specific?
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by FindOut(m): 7:11am On Jul 25, 2012
Dont worry, the person that'll handle your issue is coming.lol. his username starts with S wink
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
Audi A6 Allroad Avant.

Air suspension is controlled by an ECM, linked to individual height sensors in each strut. The suspension can be raised manually to desired height. As with most electronically controlled suspension, there are things to be aware of. The biggest and most prevalent issue is leaks in the system. If there are leaks, the car will not rise, even with manual control.

An Allroad with faulty suspension is easy to spot. The suspension will sag - the car will sit very low, even with the engine running. Then there is damage caused by careless jacking. There is a setting for use if the car is being raised on a hoist, with the engine running. If this is not used, once the wheels are clear of the ground with engine running, the system will attempt to compensate for suspension drop. This will result in the struts moving beyond their normal travel, causing extensive damage.

Lots of Allroad owners replace the air suspension with the more conventional (and lots cheaper) Audi A6 Avant quattro set up. It's a direct, bolt-in replacement. The air suspension is desirable, but requires qualified persons to work on it. Regular roadside "mechanics" will destroy the workings in no time, so patronise them at your peril. The struts can be rebuilt, but not sure who you'd use in Nigeria. A Nairalander (Shagati) was going to buy one as a projet car, but he ended up walking away. If you search, you'll find his thread, and see pictures of the car he was looking to buy. Suspension was dead, and it was lower than most sport hatches as a result. Expensive to put right.

Do you have a car in mind to buy, or you're just testing the water, so to speak?
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by 8ightball: 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
and @sienna is back!!!!!!!!
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by autodoctor: 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
If this car is in abuja, bring it down to us and we guarantee that we will repair it. 08162907680

Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2012
Please, this section is NOT for adverts. Read, and comply, it makes things easier for everyone.

Besides, if you read this thread properly, you'd realise the OP hasn't bought the car, he's simply getting info on the pros and cons of an Audi Allroad.
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by 8ightball: 7:27am On Jul 26, 2012
Mr Siena,
The battery of my Audi A6 just died suddenly on me without warning, what do you think is the cause? is it an electrical fault? or is it normal for batteries to just die like that? I have already ordered for a new one, I hope it wont happen to this one also.
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by lungwun(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hello sienna, what do you consider to be the most reliable A6 model year. Looking at a C5 typ 4B.
There are some pretty good examples on autotrader UK and a ballpark figure of LHD conversion.
Planning on my move back home and would like to take a car back home with me.
I could also move over to a B6 A4 if costs would be too prohibitive for the A6.
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
lungwun: Hello sienna, what do you consider to be the most reliable A6 model year. Looking at a C5 typ 4B.
There are some pretty good examples on autotrader UK and a ballpark figure of LHD conversion.
Planning on my move back home and would like to take a car back home with me.
I could also move over to a B6 A4 if costs would be too prohibitive for the A6.

All the Audi A6 C5 range are pretty reliable. 1,8T models can suffer from oil sludge issues, so in view of the mechanics you'll get in Nigeria, I would avoid the 1,8 20V turbo.

2,4/2,8 V6 30V models would be my pick. 2,7T (2,7 Biturbo V6 30V) models are great, but with the engine needing to be pulled to replace the turbos if they fail, not recommended in Nigeria, due to my reasons posted with dodgy mechanics.

4,2 V8 40V are th ultimate in power, and looks, but the well-stuffed engine bay would give the average Nigerian mechanic a migraine. In Europe, the 1,8 20V non-turbo was an option, this would be the best one to go for. An added advantage, it'll be LHD, and reasonably economical to run, albeit with a premium to pay - 125 hp in a heavy A6 will be slow, and not much fun to drive.

A B6 A4 is a lot cheaper to convert to LHD than an A6.
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by abiamahart: 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
@siena
Thanks and welcome back. We all truly missed your contributions.

@Topic
My colleague leaves for the US on the 29th of July for a 3wk course so if convinced will desire to buy the Audi A6 Allroad 2006 model.

REASONS:
1. Dont want to buy an SUV
2. Prefer a sedan with good ground clearance
3. It must not be front wheel
4. Has good engine power for top speed when the need arises

Can one get a model with regular suspension. Since its meant for Lagos/Eastern road trips i dont need it low. Can the suspension be changed in the USA for less than U$2000

If this is done i hope it wont have sensor issues?

I will appreciate your further advice. THANKS
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by abiamahart: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2012
@Autodoctor
Kindly take your advert somewhere else. Why cant you keep to the forum rules?
Re: Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension by Shagati(m): 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
Dear OP
I just stumbled on this thread now

This is the thread Siena was referring to.
https://www.nairaland.com/783978/project-restore-2002-audi-allroad

Let us know what you make of it

(1) (Reply)

. / How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 / Innoson Motors ready to roll out the new IVM Ikenga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.