Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

080bjaked's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 080bjaked's Profile / 080bjaked's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 5:04pm On Feb 01
Be like say Justwise don serve am ban-buffet lowkey smiley
Swift lockdown cheesy
Politics / Re: Peter Obi Visits Nabeeha's family, Condoles With Folashade Ariyo (Photos) by 080bjaked(m): 4:38pm On Jan 30
fergie001:

Peter Gregory Obi

He emphatizes with the bereaved and identify with their pains. A leader of the highest quality.
Agbadorians can't understand grin

6 Likes

Politics / Re: Richard Adeoriokin Shot Dead By Security Bidding Him Goodbye In Osun by 080bjaked(m): 3:41pm On Jan 28
This is the problem of Nigeria. We deal with low hanging fruits and let the main tree live.
So the king ordered them to shoot and he walks free cos big men are untouchable. Unfortunately only the poor guard too the fall

2 Likes

Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 5:09pm On Jan 27
Grace321:
Please can someone on a skilled worker visa study full time? Is this allowed?

Skilled Worker visa holders can study (with no limit on the number of study hours if it doesn't interfere with the job they have been sponsored to do).
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 5:05pm On Jan 27
Gbengard:
Hi everyone,

I'm into Tech, DevOps Engineer to be precise.

How do I get companies in the UK that have license to issue Certificate of Sponsorship?

All tips and advice are highly appreciated.

Please help a brother in dire need.

Oh whao, Wished I saw this earlier. Do you have experience with GCP, ADO, Dialogflow (preferably CX), PrismaCloud and Terragrunt? If you do (even if nha only 3 out of those), abeg DM. Seems my employer still have some openings for Snr. DevOps/Cloud Engineers and yeah they offer sponsorship for the roles (na him bring me sef come) smiley

4 Likes

Food / Re: Banana I Bought Today by 080bjaked(m): 4:45pm On Jan 23
One day, we'll tell people that this used to be 200naira and they'd call us liars.
What's up Nigeria?
Crime / £100K Worth Of Drugs, Cash And Assets Seized As Nigerian Man Jailed by 080bjaked(m): 12:50pm On Jan 23

A 27-year-old man has been sentenced to jail for his involvement in running a national drugs line.

Yesterday (18 January 2024), Mathias Akinyemi (DOB: 02/07/1996) of Ardwick Green North in Manchester appeared at Manchester Crown Court where he was jailed for 3 years and 11 months.

The sentence comes after the defendant was convicted of possession of criminal cash, and possession with intent to supply Class A and Class B drugs, cocaine and cannabis.

Akinyemi came to the attention of police after he was identified through intelligence that linked him to a national county lines operation, shipping drugs in bulk and in smaller amounts across the country.

On Friday 13 October 2023, officers from Greater Manchester Police (GMP) carried out a search warrant at Akinyemi’s address on Ardick Green North. Inside they found a number of controlled drugs, the remnants of what appeared to be plant growing equipment in the attic and bundles of cash.

A quantity of cannabis was recovered with an estimated street worth of £25,000. Officers also found a block of cocaine stuffed inside a sock and hidden in the toilet which was estimated to be worth £30,000 on the streets of Manchester.

Taking into account the drugs, cash and assets, the total value of goods seized amounted to £100,000.

PC Haydn Cross of GMP Challenger Organised Crime Team said: “The jail sentence that’s been secured as a result of this investigation should serve as a stark warning to other county lines offenders. Greater Manchester Police takes a zero-tolerance approach and is relentless in its pursuit of those involved in serious organised crime.”

https://www.gmp.police.uk/news/greater-manchester/news/news/2024/january/100k-worth-of-drugs-cash-and-assets-seized-as-man-jailed-for-county-lines-offences-in-manchester/

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 2:19pm On Jan 22
Omix2:

A tourist visa extension by a maximum of the duration of initial visa (30 days) while in the republic is permitted by the law. However, there is no guarantee that an application for tourist visa extension (via VFS) would be approved, unless extenuating circumstances are demonstrated. So, unless it's for medical or skilled professional reasons, a 30-day extension isn't worth the hassle.
Relocate via legal means or stay wherever you are a legal resident, and make a meaningful living there. That plan is simply a path to a harsh reality and an eventually rude awakening.

Well put. It's almost impossible to make an honest living in the Republic now as an illegal resident. Bank accounts, home rentals, job applications all require evidence of legal residence so you'd be at people's mercy even to survive (even your naija people go really exploit you). It's such a terrible idea.

There was a time people tried to use refugee applications to change their visa status but that is now terribly oversubscribed. People caught up in that process are really biting their fingers.

1 Like

Crime / Re: Profiles Like These Should Be Deleted From Nairaland by 080bjaked(m): 4:26pm On Jan 19

Crime / Profiles Like These Should Be Deleted From Nairaland by 080bjaked(m): 4:24pm On Jan 19
Seun and the other mods should be clamping down on profiles like these if truly they want to be taken seriously in their fight against tribal harrassments.

There should be a button with which to report profiles.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs by 080bjaked(m): 11:38am On Jan 18
Key....VERY KEY
duduade:
God will lead you right
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: I Have Changed Since I Got A Job by 080bjaked(m): 10:57am On Jan 18
PowerOfLove:
There's no two ways that unemployment is responsible for most of the crimes committed by young ones. I was there and I know it.

I used to do pilfering/petty theft to help myself. Even on this forum, I used to beg or try to swindle people to get any little financial favour just to survive because I didn't have a job.

Could you believe since I got a job (to God be the glory), none of such thought ever crossed my mind again?

With this, I wante to say every bad person out there deserve another chance with a job.

I have changed.

Congratulations Sir. Now it's time for restitution.
I can help you with discussions and some assistance on how that can be done.
You really don't want the past calling when the stakes are high so please deal with them while you can.
Cheers mate.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Gov. Adeleke Shows Off His Football Skills At An Event (pics/video) by 080bjaked(m): 9:38am On Jan 16
I no blame am. Nha the footballer wey dey clap for mediocre moves I blame.
Nairaland / General / Re: How Do I Stop Lying. by 080bjaked(m): 4:32pm On Jan 12
Talk to Jesus about it everyday.
He delivers.
Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 11:18am On Jan 12
The thread is titled "General South Africa Visa Enquiries" for a reason, it's meant for those who are interested in visiting or staying at South Africa.
If anyone feel they have some personal sentiments against it, you have no reason to be here and there is definitely no need to attack the group or it's members.
Nairaland has millions of topics and threads which might interest you so please spend your time and energy in those. Nobody needs to spread their viles across groups especially those founded on baseless sentiments.

Almost all countries have their threads in the travel section, if you believe one or more are the best, please go to those threads.
This group has helped a lot of people to apply, visit, study in and migrate to South Africa and we won't shut it down cos of some unfounded opinions especially ones that were not solicited.

Abeg, 2024 is too young to spend time poke-nosing into other people's business, spend your time wisely.

@Justwise, we'd appreciate some moderacy abeg.

1 Like

Sports / Re: "I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer by 080bjaked(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11
Jesus heals.
Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 5:25pm On Jan 08
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for chipping it. Please, are there any tourist friendly areas you can recommend in SA?

Honest suggestion, stick to Cape Town central business district. Almost everything you want there as a tourist (beach, water front, lovely restaurants, aquarium, paragliding, NG food, malls, nice view etc) but plan a day or 2 out of CBD for wine tasting which you might go to stellenbosch for, Cape Point, skydiving, bungee jumping or shark diving. Somewhat expensive but adventureous.
Also, please avoid going out by foot after 8pm unless you are in a ride. Avoid random people calling you on the streets (sure you know what I mean).
Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 4:32pm On Jan 07
iggideon:
Hello all,
Please does anyone has any idea or advise as to where and how I can book South African local flight from Johannesburg to Capetown and back. I’m to enter Johannesburg soon but I also want to visit Capetown, so if anyone knows the best way to book flight between the two locations, it will be greatly appreciated.

FlySafair is usually the cheapest between Jborg and Cptown. Used them a couple of times and it was good experience (except for zero in-flight entertainment)
However if your trip is mainly for tourism purpose, maybe you can use the bus or train (prasa has resumed back). That way you'd enjoy the trip but if you are constrained by time, flight is best.
Politics / Re: Tinubu Suspends NSIPA, Coordinator Halima Shehu by 080bjaked(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02
Same group that has Ganduje as chair man.
Jokers
Family / Re: Pls Help Me I Have Anger Issues by 080bjaked(m): 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
Deliverance should be an option
Travel / Re: Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related by 080bjaked(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
Stevepop:
To the glory of God, we completed the purchase of our house (new build) last week. Mentally exhausting but totally worth it. Mortgage was with Halifax (90% LTV). Relatively smooth process with attentive mortgage brokers and pro-active solicitors. We had our snagging on Friday and all issues were cosmetic, which made me so happy 'cos of the horror stuffs I've read about new builds.

Monthly mortgage is about £400 above our previous rent, we fixed for 2 years so hopefully, there will be some calm in the interest rate by the time we re-mortgage.

Grateful to everyone for the invaluable comments and advice.

Huge congratulations. You've also stayed beyond 2 years right?

1 Like

Religion / Re: Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! by 080bjaked(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
Look at it, sex is the only thing and place where we have restriction.

Considering The Law in Genesis 2 before The Law in Exodus, we were free in all things eg we were free to eat food,, clothes, travel, relating with people from any tribe, cars, houses, animals etc

But the only thing that we are not allowed to do is to have sex.

The Commandment even Said "Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

And it is in sex that we tell our liitle children as they are growing "Do not let anybody touch you ooh"

It is in sex we say "no dey touch my pikin like dat/i no like how you dey touch me"

It is in sex and for sex that you will hear women say "if you touch me, you go die"

It is in sex that touching is also cheating in marriage.

And it is in sex thst you are not allowed to have sex outside your marriage.

lol, you interpreted the bible like it was written in Pigin grin "I don chop that woman"
Ok, we can all agree that Moses wrote the first book of the bible and that's not the only place where sex was implied. Infact, Genesis spoke about intercourse than everyother book in the bible and in most places, it is written as "and he knew his wife" or as "And he went in to her" why would the same writer choose to use a fruit to symbolize it in Genesis 3?

Also, if the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil is symbolic as you imply, then other things must also be symbolic right? Tree of life? fountain of the water of life in Revelation nko?

Here is my conclusion, unless you are 100% certain it is the holy spirit that's implying these interpretations in your mind and in the light of the word of God, we just may be bordering on the edge of heresy and that's a strong weapon of the devil to derail us from the true mind of God.
If we accept his argument that the tree is symbolic, then the enemy might go a step further to say heaven and hell aren't real but just symbolic.
You get where I am going?
May the light of God's word shine upon our hearts through the holy spirit.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Can You Marry An Ex Hook Up Girl If She Changed? by 080bjaked(m): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2023
CHRISTFUCKER:
Yes but I'll be using her as punching bag

Seun and Co need to be banning serial hate speech accounts on Nairaland
Politics / Re: 2 Reps Members: Goodhead, Awaji Lead Solidarity Walk For Fubara by 080bjaked(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
Poanan:

Not necessarily. The going rate for band 5 nurses is between 28 to 29k. Since that occupation is on a shortage list, he can be paid lower between 70 to 90% of the ongoing rate. What most foreign nurses do, once they pass their PIN they move.

This isn't about the going rate Sir. It's about the records with the Home Office and how much they expect to be remitted as tax based on the COS that was allocated for his use.
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
RindeFoods:
I came in as a band 5 worker. However,band 4 salary £23,999 will be paid till I acquired my Pin,it took the board 6months to process my PIN during this time I was paid £1,100 monthly.it was tough and I complained but no serious reponse, I contacted an African snr colleague who said I should just go low and move whenever I feel like, When PIN arrived, there's still a shortage in the payment aside what's on the offer.

Hmm, that's risky o. Expecially considering we are all looking forward to having ILR. We've had cases of people whose ILR applications were denied cos of tax payment issues.
Cos Home office will use the official records available to them to judge how much tax you should pay however, with a less hourly rate, it would appear to them like you are paying lower taxes which could be taken as some sort of evasion.
Career / Re: I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) by 080bjaked(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2023
Congratulations.
Travel / Re: My First Snow Experience In The UK �� by 080bjaked(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
Whites play more in the snow than you know but yeah sitdan for naija dey play pseudo advisor.
Offpointng:
Y'all matured just go abroad and act like Kids and jungle folks at the sight of snow and those dem oyinbos go jux dey look una shake head. what happens to gathering all the family together, watching from the window inside or licking the ones that fall by ur window turn by turn if u so wish

Very poor if you'd ask me sad

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Alarm Bells Ring As Nigeria’s Refineries Collapse By 92% by 080bjaked(m): 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
How Mele Kyari has managed to remain the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Limited (NNPCL) can't be explained.

2 Likes

Properties / Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by 080bjaked(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Congrats to the Landlord, her recording it and uploading it on the internet is all the proofs he needs to get her to pay for it.
Some people are actually dumb enough to record their madness and even share it on media. Jeez
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
Rasheed890:
Hello house! Please can I drive here in the UK with my Nigerian driver’s license? I’m new here in the UK please

Do you have an International driver's license? You need it also please.
Travel / Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by 080bjaked(m): 11:07am On Nov 24, 2023
This is nonsense, these guys go to make baseless asylum claims in Canada and still want to be funded by tax payer's money. Abeg now.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.