Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

080bjaked's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 080bjaked's Profile / 080bjaked's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

Romance / Re: Can You Marry An Ex Hook Up Girl If She Changed? by 080bjaked(m): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2023
CHRISTFUCKER:
Yes but I'll be using her as punching bag

Seun and Co need to be banning serial hate speech accounts on Nairaland
Politics / Re: 2 Reps Members: Goodhead, Awaji Lead Solidarity Walk For Fubara by 080bjaked(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
Poanan:

Not necessarily. The going rate for band 5 nurses is between 28 to 29k. Since that occupation is on a shortage list, he can be paid lower between 70 to 90% of the ongoing rate. What most foreign nurses do, once they pass their PIN they move.

This isn't about the going rate Sir. It's about the records with the Home Office and how much they expect to be remitted as tax based on the COS that was allocated for his use.
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
RindeFoods:
I came in as a band 5 worker. However,band 4 salary £23,999 will be paid till I acquired my Pin,it took the board 6months to process my PIN during this time I was paid £1,100 monthly.it was tough and I complained but no serious reponse, I contacted an African snr colleague who said I should just go low and move whenever I feel like, When PIN arrived, there's still a shortage in the payment aside what's on the offer.

Hmm, that's risky o. Expecially considering we are all looking forward to having ILR. We've had cases of people whose ILR applications were denied cos of tax payment issues.
Cos Home office will use the official records available to them to judge how much tax you should pay however, with a less hourly rate, it would appear to them like you are paying lower taxes which could be taken as some sort of evasion.
Career / Re: I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) by 080bjaked(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2023
Congratulations.
Travel / Re: My First Snow Experience In The UK �� by 080bjaked(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
Whites play more in the snow than you know but yeah sitdan for naija dey play pseudo advisor.
Offpointng:
Y'all matured just go abroad and act like Kids and jungle folks at the sight of snow and those dem oyinbos go jux dey look una shake head. what happens to gathering all the family together, watching from the window inside or licking the ones that fall by ur window turn by turn if u so wish

Very poor if you'd ask me sad

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Alarm Bells Ring As Nigeria’s Refineries Collapse By 92% by 080bjaked(m): 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2023
How Mele Kyari has managed to remain the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Limited (NNPCL) can't be explained.

2 Likes

Properties / Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by 080bjaked(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Congrats to the Landlord, her recording it and uploading it on the internet is all the proofs he needs to get her to pay for it.
Some people are actually dumb enough to record their madness and even share it on media. Jeez
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
Rasheed890:
Hello house! Please can I drive here in the UK with my Nigerian driver’s license? I’m new here in the UK please

Do you have an International driver's license? You need it also please.
Travel / Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by 080bjaked(m): 11:07am On Nov 24, 2023
This is nonsense, these guys go to make baseless asylum claims in Canada and still want to be funded by tax payer's money. Abeg now.

3 Likes

Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 10:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
Buez:
Hello guys, evening to you all. please I need your advise. a friend applied for cos, got it and was given a visa. before the entry date, the company entered the investigation stage, now the company's license has been revoked and he's still in Nigeria. Please advise. What's next for him? Can he switch if he can get a new COS because he's still in Nigeria and he hasn't entered the UK? or what, please?

This might be a blessing in disguise Sir. Imagine he has arrived in the UK and he gets notice to vacate or find another job within 60days in less than 2months. After spending millions to travel and probably bidded people at home goodbye. It's a bad position to be cos the pressure is enormous. He fit lose weight pass dried panla within that period. But with this development happening while he is still home, he just needs to restrategize, thank God cos it could have been worse and start searching for another COS.

Sometimes fortune smiles on us with missing teeth.
Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2023
slushy:
Hello guys. I have a trip coming up soon. I applied for the sticker tourist visa via VFS first week of September. No response yet. I’m currently considering 2 options, please can you let me know which path is best or if I can do both
1. Write a letter to the High Commission requesting for speedy processing and providing more information that might support my application

2. Apply for the e-visa. Can I have 2 applications running simultaneously?

Thank you

2 - Yes you can have multiple applications simultaneously.
Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2023
Advans:
I am applying for one year postdoc visa (Jan 2024 - Dec 2024) but my passport expires in October 2024 so it's impossible to choose December 2024 as my date of departure from S/A. Please I need your advice. should I proceed with the application and apply for extension by October or I have to get a new passport first?
Secondly, what type of Visa am I suppose to choose

I think it's best to renew your passport first. Renewing passport from SA isn't any easier the last time I checked.
Moreover, it would affect your visa application as it will affect the visa application also as DHA would want to ensure you have a valid passport throughout the duration of your stay.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Letter To America Goes Viral by 080bjaked(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2023
To what end do we need an end to terrorism?
Or to what end do we hope for the survival of Israel?
Allvaty:
to what end

5 Likes 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: Osama Bin Laden's Letter To America Goes Viral by 080bjaked(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
Cry all you want. Israel will survive.
Death to all terrorists.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Tryhard:

Please for this CSV, Even if I have an MEng In Electronics Eng, do I need a number of years of experience to apply for it ? even if I have a found a job? I am just asking thank you. If you can guide me.

You don't neccesarilly need work experience to apply for Critical skills visa but you need to somehow convince the professional body that you have the required skill and the easiest way to do that is with experience
Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2023
hunee:
It is called CSV. It is expected
Some visa applications are treated specially.

I've previously made 3submissions and none had ever taken less than 3months. Sometimes CSVs take up to 6months.
Just thought to share in hope that there'd be improved response time for application going forward.
Crime / Saheed Azeez Granted Asylum For Being Gay Masterminded £220k Fraud by 080bjaked(m): 11:52am On Nov 16, 2023
An asylum seeker who won refugee status after claiming to be gay went on to father three children with three different women and help mastermind a £220,000 parcel fraud scam, a court has heard.

Saheed Azeez, 33, helped to create a network of strangers and used their homes to receive parcels from online sellers who had dispatched their goods before receiving payment.

Azeez would then collect the products, bought on websites including eBay and Facebook Marketplace, and sell them via his brother’s electrical shop in Wigan, before taking a cut and passing on some of the profits to his fellow fraudsters using Bitcoin.

Up to 272 victims lost a total of £220,000 after being persuaded to send out second-hand items, including smartphones and cameras, they were hoping to sell.

The scam took place between September 2020 and November 2021 after Azeez, a former Yodel delivery driver who had set up his own removals company, began providing ‘‘delivery services’’ for online fraudsters who used Nigerian phones to dupe Facebook Marketplace and eBay users.

Azeez fled his native Nigeria and was allowed to settle in the UK after claiming he was being persecuted over his sexuality by Boko Haram militants. After being granted asylum Azeez settled in Wigan, Greater Manchester, where he fathered three children by three different women.

Azeez faces up to six years in jail
Bolton Crown Court heard that police launched their investigation into his activities after reports of a large and unusual volume of parcels being sent to addresses in north Manchester. The addresses were all linked to Azeez and detectives eventually tracked him down as he was dropping one of his young sons off at primary school.

As he was about to be detained he hid three smartphones that had been used in the scam inside the boy’s school bag, where they were found by a teaching assistant.

Mr Andy Evans, prosecuting, said: “The phones were accessed and interrogated and clearly showed his role in the online frauds.

“It seems these fraudsters would contact victims in the UK who were selling consumer electronics online on various platforms including eBay, Facebook Marketplace and WhatsApp – and victims were persuaded to provide their items prior to payment being made.”

Mr Evans added: ‘‘He accepts he collected the parcels arranged to be sent to those addresses and received a cut himself from the profits. Each occupant of the addresses where the parcels were sent were notified of the fake names in advance whenever the postman called.”

Azeez admitted conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation and plotting to possess criminal property. He will be sentenced next week but faces up to six years in jail under sentencing guidelines. He is currently said to be identifying as bisexual.

Nine householders who allowed their addresses to be used as ‘‘drops’’ in the scam will be sentenced next year. It is feared several others have not been traced.

‘He fears deportation more than anything’
The court heard that some desperate sellers who sent out parcels were even ‘‘pressured’’ into sending over money to the fraudsters when they were wrongly assured they would get their items back.

In mitigation Ms Chloe Fordham, the defence counsel, said Azeez, who had been exploited as a teenager, had been a minor player in the scam who had been pressured into taking part.

She said: “His role in the fraud wasn’t sophisticated and he only received a small percentage of the profits. Whatever sentence he faces may result in his deportation and he fears that more than anything.

[b]‘He now has three children in the UK by three different mothers and is married to the mother of the third child. [/b]He has parental responsibilities to all the children. He now now considers to himself to be bisexual.”

Ms Fordham said his involvement in the scam began when he thought was doing legitimate delivery work, but that pressure was put on him to collect parcels which he knew contained items obtained through fraud.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/11/15/nigerian-asylum-gay-three-children-parcel-fraud/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
Interesting update
I submitted a CSV renewal on 31st Oct
Got notification that it was returned to VFS on 10th Nov
It was ready for collection on 13th Nov
Confirmed yesterday that it was approved.
I still don't know how but that's the fastest CSV approval I've seen.
To God be the glory.
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 10:16am On Nov 14, 2023
cbn4main:
Elders in the house, for a child born in the uk to a skilled worker parents, can they make a dependant visa application without a passport ?

Since free NHS services will stop after 3 months of birth, do I have to get a passport for the baby or I can use their full UK birth certificate to make a dependant visa application?

I don't think you do Sir. Also, visa isn't necessary yet unless the child wants to travel. The most important thing is to pay for IHS fees for the child before he clocks 3months so he won't be denied of medical services (unless you are willing to pay out of pocket).

But I can assure you that you can put in a Visa application without a passport. I'm sure because I'm currently doing the process myself smiley
Family / Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by 080bjaked(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2023
Tourist visa to do illegal immigrant in an European country for that matter.
Bros, you sure say you get good advisers so?
Abeg find legal means go or just invest the capital in your business jeje
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 11:10am On Nov 06, 2023
advanceDNA:

When u saw the post??
No be u get the post ?
Why are u talking like third party ?

He forgot to switch accounts. grin
Travel / Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 080bjaked(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
Sora fun scam o
Oluwa a wa pelu e.

1 Like

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
crusader6:
Hello everyone..
I went to apply for pta from the bank and they said I need to apply directly on CBN webpage ..

Is this the new procedure for getting it?

Yeah, been like that for years. You apply via this site https://www.tradesystem.gov.ng/landing/index.html
Do you have your tax cert though? Also you can only get it at "available" price so expect it to be almost at the black market rate smiley .
All the best
Politics / Re: TUC Backs Out Of 2-day Warning Strike by 080bjaked(m): 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
Someone got paid grin
Career / Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by 080bjaked(m): 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
Op said she's an Intern and we all know Interns shouldn't give instructions

1 Like

Romance / Re: Things You Shouldn't Share With Your Partner No Matter What by 080bjaked(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2023
People having MouthAction saying they can't share toothbrush grin cheesy

Dey play

1 Like

Career / Re: Low, Middle And High Income by 080bjaked(m): 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2023
Up to 650k is middle income IMO.
Elite is 1.5m and above abeg.

My thought is, a middle income family would have a good model car, mostly taken with loans repayable for up to 4years (average Nigerian banking standards), plus school fees, plus feeding, maintenance and house rents takes away the 650k already. I've been there.

High income earner means you can cover middle income responsibilities and still conveniently pay mortgage.

3 Likes

Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 080bjaked(m): 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
Lordjones:
Hello house, please does a new child born in the USA need a visa to enter the UK. The mother is on a student visa. Thanks

No, born in the US means he'd get US passport which allows him into the UK for a period of time 6months or so.
Politics / Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by 080bjaked(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
No Finance Minister, Nha NNPC dey stabilise naira now. Ehn? Kontinue grin

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: African Union Backs ECOWAS Resolutions On Niger Republic by 080bjaked(m): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2023
Only the west would win in this War. You don't fight your neigbours and expect peace afterwards. Biafran war should have thought us that already.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.