Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,741 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:56 PM

080bjaked's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 080bjaked's Profile / 080bjaked's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 18 pages)

Politics / Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by 080bjaked(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2021
Lagos state is lawless.....sincerely.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 8:30am On Jul 29, 2021
michaelcipher:
Thanks man. Guess I made the right choice after all.

How has made payment recently. GTBANK card issues $100 alone

If you have dollar card, it may be easier or you buy Rands and get the seller to make payment for you. Either method works.

1 Like

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
michaelcipher:
Good evening everyone,

Please I need guidance with saqa.

There is a portion stating ”Purpose for evaluation", what should I pick?

I have a job already in SA, just want to do the SAQA for migration on critical skill migration.

Anyone with good info should please advise.

1 Like

Family / Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by 080bjaked(m): 11:53am On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:
I wrote this wedding estimate four years ago thinking I'll get married but it didn't work out again. tongue

But with the way things are going in my current relationship I think it's going to happen this year grin.

So please if you know the updated price for the items on the list please drop it here so I'll upgrade it. I know say things don expensive cry
Thank for the feedback

Are you the one cooking? Or why manage this low level estimates?
Career / Re: Bsc In Computer Science, Is It Still A Lucrative Degree? by 080bjaked(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
Resolute5ter:
[color=#006600][/color]

Computer science is no doubt a very useful course, it permeates almost every facets of life.

Ranging from type writing ťo the complex one's of Artificial Intelligence etc. It is no doubt inevitably relevant in This planet earth �

Many has divert views esp does who studied or are studying other courses in campus on its relevance.

Many opine that its no more lucrative,
Some has it that its value or even level of tutelage in Nigeria is so pitiable.

Dear Naira landers, I seek your criticism on this topic.

I hope it worth yours time..

� You should be proud, grateful and committed to finishing with a great grade.
Sports / Re: Real Madrid Unveils Alaba With his Nigerian Father And The Rest Of His Family by 080bjaked(m): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
Perez go soon abuse them behind their backs.
Politics / Re: Police Arrest Sheik Abduljabbar For Blasphemy by 080bjaked(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
KazikageSama:

Not true. The first temptation of Jesus is a movie that blasphemes and addressed Jesus as gay but it has been shown in almost all European countries. Only in Islamic countries that blasphemy is considered a crime.

To support your point, check this out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law

Law that others are abolishing is what our people want to create. Shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Police Arrest Sheik Abduljabbar For Blasphemy by 080bjaked(m): 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
KazikageSama:

Not true. The first temptation of Jesus is a movie that blasphemes and addressed Jesus as gay but it has been shown in almost all European countries. Only in Islamic countries that blasphemy is considered a crime.

To support your point, check this out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law
Crime / Re: Caroline Kangogo Found Dead At Her Parents’ Home by 080bjaked(m): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
*Man does evil.

People - He is evil, wicked, insane, blah blah blah...

*Woman does same evil.

People - She must have been provoked. Someone broke her heart.

Shior.

Scum has no gender my people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account by 080bjaked(m): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Akalia:
Na lie, him get choice. He can dissappear without leaving a trail to help track him down behind. He really passed a test of integrity even whe he could had eloped with that watery sum. He is a rare gem.

He can't Sir. 2.5m is too small to run without leaving trails. Whether the owner would want to chase is another discussion though.
Business / Re: Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account by 080bjaked(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
ajanma2:
A Facebook user named Julius Eze has taken to his Facebook page to share how a strange 2.5million naira entered his account without expecting any payment,he however shared the screenshot of the alerts which was 500k once and 1million twice,he proceeded to his bank to make report and transfered the money back to the owner..

In his words

https://www.facebook.com/100009167763814/posts/2911564862492411/?app=fbl

Welldone Bro but I suspect you've just been used for money laundering though.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project by 080bjaked(m): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
This shouldn't pass as an achievement.
Food / Re: Buy Old Layer Birds At Affordable Rates In Ibadan by 080bjaked(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
We have 50 left and the location is at Oluyole, Ibadan.

Thanks.
Food / Buy Old Layer Birds At Affordable Rates In Ibadan by 080bjaked(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2021
Hello Nairaland Fam.

Please be informed that you can purchase your old layer chickens around Oluyole Ibadan at an affordable price of NGN2,300.

We also deliver to any part of Ibadan at NGN500 delivery fee.

Thanks for your anticipated patronage.

If interested, please contact seller on 2348090501770.

Politics / President Of Haiti Assassinated At Home by 080bjaked(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2021

Haitian President Jovenel Moise has been assassinated at home, according to the country's interim prime minister.

A group of unidentified individuals attacked the private residence of Mr Moise, 53, overnight and shot him dead, Claude Joseph said in a statement.

Haiti's first lady Martine Moise is said to be in hospital.

Mr Joseph called the killing a "hateful, inhumane and barbaric act", before adding: "Democracy and the republic will win."

He also said Haiti's National Police and other authorities had the situation under control with officers deployed to the National Palace and the upscale community of Petion-Ville.

The impoverished Caribbean country had grown increasingly unstable and disgruntled under Mr Moise's rule, bringing an eruption of violent protests, kidnappings and organised crime.

In recent months, opposition leaders demanded he step down, arguing that his term legally ended in February.

But Mr Moise and his supporters maintained that his term began when he took office in early 2017, since an interim government ran the country for a year after his election victory in 2016.

Meanwhile, gang violence has surged heavily in the capital of Port-au-Prince, inflation has spiralled and food and fuel has at times become scarce in a country where 60% of the population makes less than $2 a day.

The troubles come as Haiti still tries to recover from the devastating 2010 earthquake and Hurricane Matthew that struck in 2016.

Mr Moise had been ruling by decree for more than two years after the country failed to hold elections, which led to Parliament being dissolved.

Opposition leaders have accused him of seeking to increase his power, including approving a decree that limited the powers of a court that audits government contracts and another that created an intelligence agency that answers only to the president.

Haiti was scheduled to hold general elections later this year.

Source - https://news.sky.com/story/president-of-haiti-assassinated-at-home-countrys-interim-leader-says-12350769

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2021
laeffizy:
Has anyone on this thread succeeded in changing naira to rand using a Nigerian bank? Biko what steps were taken?
Exchange rate outside banks isn't friendly ��

Try Stanbic IBTC or Standard Chartered Banks. I know those 2 sell Rands (maybe cos of their South African affiliations). Another option is to buy your PTA in USD and convert to Rands in South Africa. 3rd option is peer to peer.

Rgds.

2 Likes

Programming / Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by 080bjaked(m): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2021
1saed:
Hi

I want to find out about your business as a daily contributions collector

As I interact with more thrift collectors, I often ask them the same question

" Do you give soft loan to your customers "

A good number of them will quickly tell you no

To them, its very difficult to keep track with their records, since daily contributions is already with its own bulky book keeping.

Here is one solution, I'll like to introduce to you

Asides keeping daily records of transactions for you, it can also help you manage loan to your customers.

We hope this solution impacts your business positively too

Here is the link to the app

http://thriftplus.pythonanywhere.com

You can reach us on WhatsApp

+23407031009036

Mathew

Maybe you can discuss how your app/platform works. How does it manage interest rates?
How secured is it since we are dealing with personal data and financial information here.
How is it hosted? Locally with the client or centrally by you?
How will customization requests be handled?
What redundancy is in place incase of system outage or so?

and so on .
Family / Re: My Son Is Too Shy by 080bjaked(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2021
Bilabong:
Send him to a boarding school... He should learn how his mates behave.

And again don't allow him watch cartoons, I recommend action movies (war).

Not really the best advise. The little dude just lack some confidence which the father should work on.

With what's going on in boarding schools today, I'd definitely not suggest it. Work on the dude's confidence, work with him, encourage him, build a winner mentality in him.

Being shy isn't a crime, it just needs to be controlled.

2 Likes

Politics / We Entered ‘one Chance’ By Supporting Abdulrazaq As Kwara Governor, Says Lai by 080bjaked(m): 11:45pm On Jul 03, 2021

Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says he regrets supporting Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq as the Kwara governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 election.

Mohammed spoke on Saturday in Ilorin, Kwara capital, at the inauguration of a new state secretariat of the party.

“One chance” is a term popularly used to refer to theft by deception — it is used to describe a type of robbery in which people are lured into commercial vehicles whose passengers are robbers, after unsuspecting persons are stripped of their valuables.

Speaking at the unveiling of the new secretariat, Mohammed lamented that the APC had been warned about supporting Abdulrazaq, but had failed to listen.

“It has gotten to the point where we have to speak out. We have been pushed to the wall, and we have no choice but to come out and expose their lies and pretensions,” Mohammed said.

“It was immediately after the governor emerged as the party’s candidate for the election that it dawned on us that we had entered one chance.

“But despite all the warnings from concerned party leaders and others who had reservations about his choice, our reaction then was that no matter what, his choice was better than where we were coming from. But we were wrong.”

Responding to a recent allegation that some millions of naira donated to fund the APC campaign in Kwara in the 2019 election were stolen by some party members in the state,the minister said the claim was false.

Mohammed said he single-handedly raised all the funds for the execution of the 2019 elections in the state, which the APC won by a landslide.

“I single-handedly, by the grace of God, with the support of friends, politicians and associates raised all the money for all the elections we had in Kwara during that period, starting from the by-election that brought in honourable Raheem Olawoye (Ajuloopin) as rep member,” he said.

“Nobody gave the party a dime for logistics apart from what I gave. I distributed 500 motorcycles and 200 vehicles and many of the beneficiaries are seated here today. I challenge them to explain to Nigerians and all of you what happened to the balance of the N70 million that Ajuloopin refused to give us from the N150 million that I facilitated to prosecute the elections.

“When it was time for the governorship election, we didn’t see him (the governor) and we could not wait. So, we financed the election with the money raised. They got there today and forget those who worked hard to get them there, but rather selling lies and dummies.”

He, however, noted that those who were denied registration or revalidation of their membership during the last exercise would be captured before congress is held in the state.

https://www.thecable.ng/we-entered-one-chance-by-supporting-abdulrazaq-as-kwara-governor-says-lai/amp

1 Like

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
xpress101:
Hi guys,

My wife is applying to come and join me in Pretoria, South Africa. I'm a final year master student in TUT. We got married early this year and I was told we need to take our marriage certificate for endorsement in Abuja by ministry of interior, before we apply.
Please I just need someone who has done this before to share how he did it.

Thank you

Yes, cos it's a relative visa(long term). If it were tourist visa, it may not be necessary. And it's not a new regulation, it's been there for long term visas since 2019 or so.

Fortunately there are people you can contact in Abuja to help you with it and they will have it delivered to you. It was a little bit expensive when I did it but a lot better than travelling to Abuja for it.

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Average Salary In Nigeria by 080bjaked(m): 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
paxx:
What is the average salary someone can have to sustain themselves in Lagos? What about Port Harcourt?

Whats the equivalent of making "six figures" in the west? (basically the salary that most people aspire to have, and if u have it you are considered upper middle class)

Just to answer only the last part of your question. Lemme shock you. In Lagos, salary of 700k is still middle class. Mid-upper class starts from 1.2-1.5m per month. Ask Bankers and Telco geeks.

10 Likes

Politics / Re: Intersociety: Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya. His Tribesmen ‘Sold Him Out’ by 080bjaked(m): 11:11am On Jul 01, 2021
This must be the 954th version of how he was arrested. We may never know the real truth sha.

1 Like

Career / Re: My Brother's Company Takes Him To Court Because He Resigned by 080bjaked(m): 9:47am On Jun 29, 2021
Speeddial:
I am writing this because I feel the management of this company is a group of people who do not want its workers to succeed.

My brother worked for this company for about 5 years, and within these 5 years, salary has never been consistent.

At times they may even stay up to six months before they pay one month

Even when his wife gave birth he met with them and asked them to help him with little money to cushion the cost of the hospital bills, but all to no avail.

Not only the fact that they were not paying salaries, but they were not also remitting his pensions.

You know what that means, these pensions are supposed to be paid on time to enable them to compound in interest.

Before he resigned they were owing to him four months' salary.

He was willing to let it go

So he left without getting paid

As soon as he left it wasn't even up to a week they paid him four months salary at once

After they paid him the salary they sent him a letter that he should come and pay them some money as a sort of compensation to them.

When my brother talked about the fact that they also owe him a pension, it didn't take them a week to remit pension of over 1 year 6 months

So they took him to court, ever since then my brother has been paying a lawyer who has been demanding money-wise.

This is a company that will sack its workers without any sort of compensation.

I feel they are doing this just to create fear in the mind of all the workers in the company so they can also tread with caution, but the effect of their decision is telling on my brother.

Right now he is not concentrating and he is spending money that he doesn't have.

Some time ago they gave him the training he did online and they claim they sent him to Australia to study.

And thereby he should pay them 2 million as compensation.

Guys please I need your advice and how he could handle this case very well.

This is why you must read your offer letters carefully before accepting any offer. If possible, let a lawyer verify it.
We do not know the terms of his offer so we may not be able to give accurate advise but the monies he avoided paying a lawyer before is what he is paying now with interest.

Most likely this case will be settled out of court but we all have lessons to learn from it.

A tip for your brother though, there's a stipulated period when a company should pay his pension to the PFA, if they've been missing it, he can sue them also for breaking the pension legislation, damages and lost income (his money should have made more interests by now). wink

1 Like

Travel / Re: EXCLUSIVE: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by 080bjaked(m): 8:34am On Jun 29, 2021
Finally, we don cast that place too. Shame.

Why do we always do this?

1 Like

Travel / Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2021

1 Like

Politics / Re: Reno Omokri: 'No Car Key, No Chase Me' - Chidinma Is A Symptom Of Rot In Society by 080bjaked(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
hammer3x:

THAT 50 YEAR OLD BAG OF TRASH IS NOT THE VICTIM.

CHIDINMA IS THE VICTIM HERE.

WE CANNOT POSSIBLY BLAME EVERYTHING ON HER FOR DEFENDING HERSELF WITH DEADLY FORCE.

SHE WAS THE WEAKER PARTY IN THE FIGHT.

Except there was no fight. Not even a scratch on her in this imagined battle between a young lady and an amateur box nothing at all except stab wounds.

We all were not there to know the actual truth but no jury in the world will buy that story. She needs to update that story better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Reno Omokri: 'No Car Key, No Chase Me' - Chidinma Is A Symptom Of Rot In Society by 080bjaked(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
Simplyleo:
I still don't understand why people are blaming Chidinma Ojukwu for doing what she did. undecided

Right from infancy, she has been made to understand that the sole purpose of living is money. Money is loved, respected and the only thing that deserves to be worshipped. She is aware Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, even Dangote the abokey are gods because they have money. Infact, they are tagged as the most intelligent. She has seen elderly ones disrespected because they don't have money.

Infact, she has witnessed cases of children waking their poor parents from sleep with kicks.

She simply acted according to her indoctrination. angry

Hey man, can we use this as an excuse also for the dude that killed Umuren? We are all a product of nature and nurture but neither is an excuse for us to act stupidly.

There are people who suffer more than she has in life but won't take this as an excuse to sell their bodies.

In other words, all blames on her, none of anyone else abeg.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Reno Omokri: 'No Car Key, No Chase Me' - Chidinma Is A Symptom Of Rot In Society by 080bjaked(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
All these analysis hold water until you remember that she made the withdrawals after the murder. Emotions aside, that act destroys the "self defense" story.

Also, self defenders don't stab multiple times in the neck and stomach. Had she said she stabbed him first in the stomach, the man could have still struggled with her (unlikely but possible) but a first attack on the neck means he was already paralyzed by that move, the subsequent ones were totally uncalled for in a self-defense story.

The best bet for her is to stick to the drugged story but then, if she's drugged, she shouldn't be able to narrate the story so clearly.

We are not judges but she needs a damn good lawyer to avoid some serious penalty esp. fighting against a well-to-do family and a judge that may want to use her story to send warning to other side-chicks.

I wish her nothing.

5 Likes

Programming / Re: Other Things All Programmers Should Know by 080bjaked(m): 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
bet9ja:
Nice article, Please add Mac OS to your list. Its a programmers dream. It took me less than 30sec to install node-modules. Meanwhile on my window machine, it will take me over 5min.

Mac OS and Linux are almost the same thing. They are both offspring of Unix system but Mac is based on the BSD code system.
Simply put, if you know Linux, you know a great deal about Mac already.

1 Like

Programming / Re: Other Things All Programmers Should Know by 080bjaked(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
Those bots can sure frustrate. I noticed that multiple attempts have been made to upload the second part but the bots took them down embarassed

1 Like

Education / Re: Kaduna State University Asks Parents To Sign Undertaking After Increasing Fees by 080bjaked(m): 8:09am On Jun 24, 2021
El Rufai is worse than Buhari. A full blown dictator. So you want to do things as you please but nobody should protest? Aren't protests legal anymore?

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 18 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.