Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (150078 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2006
so why did you come into this thread shocked
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Greatpeter(m): 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2006
Is like everybody hates this Church, especially those who had one or two experiences there.
Pls tell those who still attend to desist and worship true God in a genuine way.

I went there sometimes when I was in School.
I had a problem I could not solve then, but instead of the problem to abate, the problem became complicated.
They made pass through some rituals and took my money and the situation became worse.
But thank God I went to Deeper Life Church at Gbagada, Lagos there all my problem was swallowed in the auditorium.
But now I attend RCCG.

Praise God!

3 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2006
All kinds of things have been said about the CCC as a church and organisation, i have to say that i respect them for one thing what u see is what u get unlike in Pentecostal Xtianity i am happier just with the Cele way anyday anytime.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by kiwibabe(f): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2006
undecided :DI can relate to all of the things mentioned in this thread, I remember one day I lied about taking (stealing) something from my mother, an she went to the shepherd and asked him to reveal who the culprit was, he told her that it was my aunt even though I knew it was me. Because of the warning in which the Shepherd gave my mother, to stay away from my dangerous aunt who apparently was out to destroy her, my mother and my aunt no longer spoke to each other.

Does that show signs of a prayerful/spiritual leader.
To be honest I am tired of all churches not just Cele, especially those that try to recruit you into their mists (congregation). I would rather worship the Lord in the safe facility of my home.

CCC in many respects is just like Cherubim and Seraphim, and KICC. My opinion is they are  all money making places and are no good. Please in the UK if you see the amount of BLACK African churches which have sprung up from nowhere claiming that they are holier than the other.
Worship with us, and you will receive anything in which you require, be it a husband, a business, money, power, respect.
People forget that they have to help themselves before others can help them.
I tell you I should go and set my own church if only that I should collect the regular income in which a church generates.  grin shocked
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by rubby(f): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2006
everyone has a thing or two to say about cele cos its a big church and everyhting that happens in cele happens in other churches. i was not born into cele but i love the church and i am not comfortable when i visit other churches.
@jagunlabi and goodguy, it is really the last boat of slavation and no matter what people say" this is the church that will save the world."Amen" to that.
my fiance was once a member and we have an unresolved issues about this church thing but i love this church so no matter what, i am in, always.
i have had experiences and it was in this same cele, things cleared out, when you go to a church, it depends on what you want from it that you face, maybe some for money, salvation, adultery, fornication etc and they will all come back at the end of the day to say one thing or the other.little wonder the other churches are now having lyric, hyms and modes of worship the cele way, what's with olive oil and the wednesday mercy services now? shocked. for me once a celestal always a celestal.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2006
Dauda:

Somebody once told me that Cele church members do not wear shoes because the founder Pa Oschoffa had elephantiasis and he could therefore not wear shoes. He therefore decreed that his church members should not wear shoes to church too. I have seen the dude before and his feet is really humongous.
This is very interesting. Please can you tell us all where/when you saw this 'dude'?

Ndipe:

Any Church that practises burnt sacrifice should be avoided at all cost. Remember, Jesus Christ was the Only Supreme Sacrifice needed to atone for our sins. With this Truth, I stay away from any organization that tells their members to bring animals like chicken to appease whatever force that they think is working against an individual. Put your Trust in the Blood of Jesus Christ. Celestial, unfortunately, from what I heard about them espouse animal sacrifice which goes contrary to the Word of God in the New Testament.
It's nice to know you 'heard'. Never rely on 'hear says'.

Greatpeter:

Is like everybody hates this Church, especially those who had one or two experiences there.
Please tell those who still attend to desist and worship true God in a genuine way.
So you mean I'm not worshipping the true God? Oh please tell me where the true God is - RCCG? Deeper Life?? Pls don't make me laugh.

Greatpeter:

I went there sometimes when I was in School.
I had a problem I could not solve then, but instead of the problem to abate, the problem became complicated.
They made pass through some rituals and took my money and the situation became worse.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Cele is a church well known for NEVER collecting money from anyone. I hope you ain't mistaking us for another church.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Ndipe(m): 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2006
@guy.

Can you clarify for once if your church espouses animal sacrifices or not? And if it is enforced, does that not run contrary to the Word of God?

Secondly, can you debunk the allegations that rituals and sacrifices are made at the river/sea in the dead of the night to solve some spiritual problems?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2006
Such, threads or even discussions on religion disgust me. People who say they're christians are critcizing other churches for their misfotunes.
Is it not Job that was a pefrect man of GOD, Who lost everything because he was being tetsed of his faith?So, why persecute people who are praising the Lord.
Some people say they are born again, but are not. I bet some of you say the same for yourselves.If the holy spirit is with you it would guide you away from this persecution of other christians and religions.
Was it not many of the disciples who died for their beliefs in Our Savior Jesus.
Please leave these cruel comments for the recycle bin.Also forgive me for the way i wrote my reply so sloppy.This just has to end.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2006
Ndipe:

@guy.

Can you clarify for once if your church espouses animal sacrifices or not? And if it is enforced, does that not run contrary to the Word of God?
The Celestial church of Christ DOES NOT espouse animal sacrifices.  It was never done, it is never done, and it will never be done.  And. . . YES, if it enforced, it runs contrary to the word of God.

Ndipe:

Secondly, can you debunk the allegations that rituals and sacrifices are made at the river/sea in the dead of the night to solve some spiritual problems?
Though it is true we normally go to the sea side and streams [Never at the dead of the night], but not for the reasons you think.  Whatever we do at the sea side/stream is usually done in the day or evening, never at night, except in very rare cases.  Whatever spiritual assignments that is carried out for a particular person is never against his will.  In the Celestial Church Christ, we neither offer sacrifices or rituals of any sort.  As a matter of fact, it is highly against our doctrines.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Ndipe(m): 11:49pm On Apr 08, 2006
@greed. I am not criticizing any Church, but remember that the Holy Bible advises us to Test every spirit, because many false prophets would arise in the end times to deceive people. So, if I notice any practise that runs contrary to the Word of God (I am imperfect, mind you, Saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ), and I discuss the matter with the Pastor and he is still insistent on practising it, guess what? I would have to leave them. Many would be led astray by false prophets in the end times and we all have to pray for God's Guidance in our life.

Read this verse that I culled up from the net.

http://bible.cc/1_john/4-1.htm
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gigitte(f): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2006
can someone pls answer my questions?

goodguy?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2006
There's no sacrificing in Cele at all,no worship of any false sea gods or whatever.
The only things that go on in the sea are prayers or baptism.Stop listening to rumors.
For the ex members of cele,Where you not in the church were these sacrifices taking place, or any worship of these sea gods you all are talking about.
I regret not saying this in my former post i'm a proud celestian.

R.I.P. Baba Oschoffa.

If you feel the church is not right for you,keep to your opinions. Maybe someone want's to try the church out.
You never no where you shall get your blessing's.

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2006
You might even be mistaking us with oludara church.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2006
well i think cele is about to break up my relationship angry
shocked

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2006
Howso?

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2006
look don't get me wrong i did not say that cele is bad cause we would have people who would make it to heaven at the end of the day, but what i have against cele is the teaching that is all, it is based on the old testement and dat is not right

well read rubby's message.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2006
We read Old and New testament.We don't only talk about old testament we are ntot jews.Could you please give me an example?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2006
I born cele and so know what am taking about, the way you live your life the laws that you live by are things found in the old testement, the oil, the water, the washing of the feet that you just celebrated, the burning of the candles, e.t.c it's all old testement in the new testement is all about the word of GOD JUST THE WORD. Moses could not obey the word that was why he did not enter the promise land

and have you read rubby's message
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jagunlabi(m): 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2006
Christians persecuting christians.Why are people persecuting cele now?Whatever negative stuffs are going on in that church right now,other denominations are having their fair share as well,so what is th big deal?
Cele is a terrific african church,period. cheesy
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2006
abeg so what you are saying is dat when people are going wrong we should keep mute shocked
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jagunlabi(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2006
No,but you don't do outright condemnations as if what is happening to the church is unique to it alone.Are the other churches so squeaky clean?
4real:

abeg so what you are saying is that when people are going wrong we should keep mute shocked
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2006
well am sorry but the thread is about cele you don't xcept me to talk about deeper life here do you, start a thread on other churches and i would say my mind but till then am letting out all my mind about cele out, now that your church has claimed my wife aand child from me, i got nothing but beef for you all.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by rubby(f): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2006
well this is interesting,i don' tknow why all the bad things are all being attributed to cele, do anyone hear of the famous area pastor of the redeem church after the sosoliso plane crash people got to know he was married to two women? all acts are in all churches.

cele does not practise human sacrifices and talking about the gospel they preach the gospelif you go to the right parish. for me, once am not contented with a parish because of the way they behave,i gladly go to another. the youth's of celestial are doing a great job at making things right now. like an earlier thread wrote, don't we all practise old and new testament?but what i know is that, we do not offer human scarifice.

and to all wonderful guys n gals on this thread that stands for CCC, big ups!
my fiance has asked me to choose between my church and him or is it our relationship, even if it ends, i beleive the God of celestial will make me find love in right places (Amen) smiley
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2006
gigitte:

can someone please answer my questions?

goodguy?
What questions?

4real:

but what i have against cele is the teaching that is all, it is based on the old testement and that is not right.
Our teachings are based on both Old and New testament.

4real:

I born cele and so know what am taking about, the way you live your life the laws that you live by are things found in the old testement, the oil, the water, the washing of the feet that you just celebrated, the burning of the candles, e.t.c it's all old testement in the new testement is all about the word of GOD JUST THE WORD. Moses could not obey the word that was why he did not enter the promise land
You were born in Cele does not mean you know things about Cele. There are so many active members of the fold today who cannot even defend the church in any way.

Now, talking about the way we live our lives (our practises in the Celestial fold), there are biblical justifications for all of them -

* The Oil - Exodus 29:36; James 5:13-15; Mark 6:13; Number 10:1

* The water
Holy water - Exodus 13:17-21; Number 8:6-7; Exodus 27:20
Stream bath - 2 Kings 5:10-15; John 9:6-11

* Washing of the feet - John 3:5, 14 & 15; II Kings 5:10-15; John 9:6-11

* Burning of candles
Lighting candles in the altar - Rev 4:5; Zech 4:2-5
The seven candles = the 7 spirits of God - Rev 4:1-5, Rev 1:12&20, Zechariah 4:2,
Exodus 25:31-37, Exodus 37:23, Number 8:2

Also, if you take a look at our Bible lesson book, you will see that we read both Old and New testament. Every first lesson (on sundays) is from the Old testament while every second lesson is from the New testament. We usually read two lessons every sunday. But on weekdays, it can either be from the Old or New testament since we read just one lesson on those days.

Please get your facts right before making unnecessary allegations.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gigitte(f): 11:29pm On Apr 09, 2006
the questions i posted on the first page (my second post) thks!
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 11:38pm On Apr 09, 2006
Thank you goodguy.Also 4real,if you know you're bible you'd know JESUS washed the feet of the disciples is that in the Old Testament.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 12:24am On Apr 10, 2006
Here's some help with clearing up some of the things we do in cele.
Wearing white garment-soutana-Rev7:9,Rev4:4,Lev16:14Matt17:1-2,John20:11-12.
Wearin no shoes-Acts &:33, Joshua 5:15, Exodus 3:5.
The eye on the celestial logo- Rev 5:6
Bowing down before altar- Rev 4:3-10, 14:7
The uses of church oil- Exodus 29:36, James 5:13-15, Mark 6:13, Number 10:1.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 12:43am On Apr 10, 2006
Romans 3:3,4.
For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Verse4:GOD forbid:yea, let GOD be true,but every man a liar;as it is written,
That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art are judged.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 1:55am On Apr 10, 2006
even of all the other pastors in other churches all commit sin, it still does not change the fact that it happens at a large sale in cele, i used to be a play boy and there was a cele leader who was my very good friend and you know why, cause we bleeped all the girls in his perish together,

well i would take you guys up one by one, now i have not to lose as my girl has
Taken your church over me, i just want to say that i wish you
find a cele guy that would love you and my kid just as i love you

well like rubby said you don't like one perish move to the next, how many
Perishes do you have like that many to many to count, rubby has had to
move from okoko to mile 2 to worship and yet to me the one at mile 2
has nothing to offer, other than come with candle today and tomorrow
with no solution in sight

@goodguy
you talked about the seven candles of God to represent the 7 spirits of
God are you now saying that the Holy Spirit is in 7 places and
pls can you mention them, you mentioned rev 4:1-5, do you read your bible
or you just swallow everything that you are told, the versus takes about
the seven churches not 7 spirits rev 1: 12 $ 20 are lamp stands now
Seven spirits pls if you don't know anything about the end time
just shot the Bleep up. the versus you gave about lighting candles has nothing
to do with God telling you to do so well @goodguy it seems you don't
know your bible or you have no idea of what you are talking about, none
of your bible versus makes sense at all.

so i would move on to the next person
@GREED
you mentioned matt 17:1-2 it talks about Jesus ascending to heaven, it said his
clothes became as white number it did not say his clothes where white
so he may have put on another colour but the bible says that it
became as white as light, it also says he face shined like the sun
why don't your faces shine like the sun, we also have other places
where Jesus wore clothes of other colours, why don't you wear them also
and the bible never never said wear white places to worship me, the only place
God even said to wear a kind of dress to his house was in Exodus 28 and
it was not even white, so tell me another one.
wearing no shoes you mentioned exodus 3:5 well the same God did not
say a word when Aaron and his sons went into the most holy of holies
wearing shoes did he.
the use of oil i like that one you mentioned James 5: 13-15
i hope that you read the bible and you understand simple english
it says "is any one troubled he should PRAY (underline the word pray)
is anyone happy let him sing songs, Is any one sick let him call for the elders
of the church to PRAY over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the lord
and the PRAYER OFFERED UP IN FAITH WILL MAKE THE SICK PERSON WELL the bible said the prayer offered up in faith not because of  the oil, all the miracles the Jesus performed none did he use oil, so where did you get your own from matt 28: 18 to the end says go in my name, God said I watch over my word to perform it, he also said I would speck my word and it would not come back to me empty but would go out to do that I told it to do.

So pls before any other cele person comes to defend their so called wonderful church pls
Read the bible and come out with points not some silly versus that don’t add up to what we are saying
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 1:59am On Apr 10, 2006
so i would move on to the next person
@GREED
you mentioned matt 17:1-2 it talks about Jesus ascending to heaven, it said his
clothes became as white number it did not say his clothes where white
so he may have put on another colour but the bible says that it
became as white as light, it also says he face shined like the sun
why don't your faces shine like the sun, we also have other places
where Jesus wore clothes of other colours, why don't you wear them also
and the bible never never said wear white places to worship me, the only place
God even said to wear a kind of dress to his house was in Exodus 28 and
it was not even white, so tell me another one.
wearing no shoes you mentioned exodus 3:5 well the same God did not
say a word when Aaron and his sons went into the most holy of holies
wearing shoes did he.
the use of oil i like that one you mentioned James 5: 13-15
i hope that you read the bible and you understand simple english
it says "is any one troubled he should PRAY (underline the word pray)
is anyone happy let him sing songs, Is any one sick let him call for the elders
of the church to PRAY over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the lord
and the PRAYER OFFERED UP IN FAITH WILL MAKE THE SICK PERSON WELL the bible said the prayer offered up in faith not because of the oil, all the miracles the Jesus performed none did he use oil, so where did you get your own from matt 28: 18 to the end says go in my name, God said I watch over my word to perform it, he also said I would speck my word and it would not come back to me empty but would go out to do that I told it to do.

So pls before any other cele person comes to defend their so called wonderful church pls
Read the bible and come out with points not some silly versus that don’t add up to what we are saying
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 2:46am On Apr 10, 2006
I posted those verses to let you people no why we do the things we do.
Was it not moses who removed his shoes when he spoke with the Lord on holy ground.
Remind me the verse with aaron and his sons,also white is not the only color worn by cele.Higher ranking officials can wear purple,blue,green,and yellow.
Ask me some more.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 2:56am On Apr 10, 2006
Also for wearing white garment-Daniel 7:9
Wearing no shoes-Acts 7:33,Joshua 5:15
In confessions you said we are your enemies.Jesus said love thy neighbor.
we hate no one.I just think you're ignorant how many Cele churches have you been in anyway?
We shall continue tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.