Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (150088 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 3:14am On Apr 10, 2006
look greed pls next time give me a vs that says you should wear white garment to church not just bring up a vs that says God as white as snow, well why not follow the other dress code dye your hair white etc
you still telling me the same old thing, when Jesus went into the church did he remove his shoes or the church is not an holy ground, i have been to my fair share f cele at least enough to know that most of you are nothing but fake
love thy neighbor and yet you help people destory lifes
pls spare me the only reget i have in life was that i was born into a cele church nothing more nothing less and if anyone has anyting to say, go ahead
And yes you cele guys if any of you is single give rubby a call she is a nice person.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by welborn(m): 3:36am On Apr 10, 2006
@4real, I don't know much about cele. I agree with you that the verses quoted by GREED and goodguy in defense of cele practices were misapplied. It's just like someone reading Isa.53:5 - "with his stripes we are healed" - and then he/she picks up koboko to swipe at the cele brethren for healing (thank God they don't go that far - or. . . could I be wrong about that also?).

Again, let's temper the debate here with some mercy. I shuddered to read your line that: "most of you are nothing but fake." Everyone has their perspective and interpretations of Biblical texts, which I have learnt to respect. I understand your passion to have typed that line, but don't you think that was something huge?

And for my 'Cele-brites' (as they call them in my quarters), try not snatching verses out of context - whether concerning oil, candle, holy water or white garment. Try Rev. 19:8 - "And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints." That should be clear enough that white garments in scripture is figurative language for the righteousness of the saints, not the white garment that you want to defend in cele.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 3:46am On Apr 10, 2006
@welborn thanks alot man but i guess you did not read my other messages, well i lost my wife to them @rubby and my 8 yr old daughter to me this has become personal and since i can not fight my former wife, i would fight them
and don't bother yourself with them getting bible vs they don't study the bible and so they don't know more than what has been told them by their leaders
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by benosh(m): 4:10am On Apr 10, 2006
why do u guys like cursing Gods work,whats ur problem about celestial church am a member of the church and i have no regret,believe in God,believe in jesus and believe in the holy spirit,ur mind is ur judjment,some talk about regreting the church or adultry scandal in the church,this are the things that happen every where including non christians,this are the signs that shows the end time is near.if u know someone is found of doing adultry why dont u lay an example by showing the person the rigth way satan can use a pastor even u,only if ure not weak in spirit,spiritual work not jars,this are the things many dont know .
Alot of pastors come to cele for miracle in the nigth,this things are just items for prayers cele use coconut candles alot,coconut-no one knows the ways by which water gets into a coconut,turning the words into prayer,so far u dont shed blood thats rituals,God found every church in different ways moreover u are not going to church to worship a pastor or sheperd,i live in the us,i use socks cos of the wether when am in naija i walk bearfoot that does not mean but in summer its different,i believe in God and i know am worshiping God.anybody that worship in cele and worship anyother God or do fraud to get money or cheat on any person will never go on purnish,i never regret going to cele and in a situation like this seek for forgiveness,cos ure saying the wrong thing cos i ask anything i need for God and he gives me the reply.

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 6:00am On Apr 10, 2006
ya tell me something, the doctrine in cele is bad, i know for sure from the bible that if you don't knock the door the right way you don't enter, i have said it, stop saying other churches do so and so we all know but why is it that cele's own is the most. i beg clean up your acts
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gigitte(f): 6:08am On Apr 10, 2006
@4real and rubby, cant you ppl work these thing out? for the sake of your kid!

it makes me sad to see nairalanders sad

meanwhile no body has answer my question
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2006
I believe Cele is not a money making Church, but the Pastor is a Money making man. Do you know how much he makes from Anointing people at Imeko and other places. To make more money he did not only start giving people higher ranks (Most Snr Evang, Venerable, Superior, Mother Celestial and Assistant Mother Celestial etc) but he has gone to extent of Creating Honorary Most snr Evang and so on. Here in London, people pay about £50 to get anointed then other people pay about £200 each. Calculate how much the pastor makes with Hundred thousands or millions of celestians world wide. To Spoil everything is that the man does not even care about completing the building of Celestial Holy City in Imeko which has been going on for about 20 years or even more
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by alheri(f): 1:14pm On Apr 10, 2006
Someone I know wanted to travel out sometime and was refused visa. He appealed and went to cele for prayers before he went for his interview. Anyway, after been whipped and beaten by like six people,burning all sorts of candles and doing all knids of ritualistic stuff, he went for the interview and guess what? He was granted the visa! And before you say halleluyah, He was deported 3 weeks later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2006
@ alheri
That could have happened in any other Church. Is it all the time you pray for something that it comes to past? Or is all the time when Pastors pray every sunday that all the goods things he prophecied to you comes to past? No.

I would keep on saying having been in Cele for 24 years. It is a Good Church and they worship Christ, but it I later discovered it was not the right church for me as i knew exactly what i was lacking and what i wanted. People know exactly what they want in a church. All Churches cannot satify you fully in every area.
If only Cele could change in some things and be more sound in the word of God week in week out and also stop using Thansgiving and songs as way to entertain people musically rather than ministering and harvest as a way to compete against other churches and partying rather than making people understand the meaning of harvest. I might consider going back.
and also the leaders need to stop fighting for ranks and concentrate more in delivering the word of God to People hungry for his word

For all you Cele peeps can you believe a church in Vienna invited Pasuma or obesere (don't know which one) to do a saturday night party for them a week before their harvest in the same hall they use as their Church service. These are the types of Cele parishes that gives Cele a bad name
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by alheri(f): 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2006
@doshbass.what are talking about? This guy was beaten up, according to them, to beat out the evil vibes and bad spirits from out of him that are making him have bad luck. He still has scars from the beatings. These are people who claim to see the future, couldnt they have forseen he was gonna be deported? And since they are such prayer warriors, couldnt have suggested one of thier rituals to prevent him from been deported? I am just sharing someones experience which I happen to know about, and thats what most people in this forum are doing. From all the posts, thier are more bad than good experiences. What does that tell you?

I am sorry to have to add this, but the former accountant general of the federation goes to cele. Am sure you know who am talking about, cos he's on the cele board of trustees. But he is the stingiest(hope am right with the spelling), meanest man I've ever come across. He practically has got no human sympathy. And there is this aura about him thats just not right. People are just expressing thier opinions about cele,same as you. What you say here wouldnt hold water cause people are also taliking from experience and most of them are bad ones. Look at someone like 4real, who lost his wife and kid to teachings that arent biblical. Let people vent out thier frustrations pls.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2006
Sorry I forgot the fact that he or she was beaten ( I dont support that) I guess your friend was unfortunate going to the wrong Cele Parish.
I know the former Accountant General personally (through his children) I don't know what he's got to do with  this thread "Celestial: your experience and opinion"  grin
I am not attacking you alheri
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by alheri(f): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2006
Oh no, doshbass, I dont feel attacked at all. And, pls why does my comment disappear before I post it? Anyway,back to the topic. Like me,people's experiences and opinions are based on thier relations with the church directly or people who attend the church. Fine, some people might be giving the church a bad name, which happend not only in cele, but most of the opinions here are negative ones. Take goodguy for example, I've related to him for some time now on NL, and I've always thought of him as a nice guy. Knowing he goes to cele now is making me experience some feelings of reservation towards him. Not because of him personally but because of the general idea I have about cele and from my experiences with people from cele.

Also, I mentioned the former AGF because I've met him a couple of times and I also know he goes to cele and is in a position of leadership in the church. So my opinions of the him as a person,having in mind his position in the cele church will affect my opinions of the church and people in general, get my drift? I wasnt trying to start any thing, I just wanted to share my friend's experience.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by sherocks: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2006
Hello everyone

My own experience with cele is this. A very good friend of mine who attends cele told me many years back that one of their great prophets from one of the parishes in Nigeria was coming to London and this man was renowed for being spiritual and would pray away my problems. I foolishly took my then best friend with me for 'prayers'. When we got there, the man prayed for us individullay and said he would need to do some work (ise) on us. He said we would need candles, minute crosses and bibles (for thanksgiving). After saying all that he said the total amount for my friend was £100 or so and me £150 (I don't remember exactly) but it was something along those lines. As soon as he said it, I asked my friend (the cele-brity who took me there) where I was to get that kind of money, he immediatly dragged me out and said one doesn't speak like that in the presence of an alagba. Needless to say, I pulled my friend who was still kneeling up and dragged her out of the church. I was quite upset with my cele-brity friend cos he didn't tell me they would ask for money. That was the first and last time I ever went looking for trouble with celestial people. grin
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2006
alheri:

but most of the opinions here are negative ones. Take goodguy for example, I've related to him for some time now on Nairaland, and I've always thought of him as a nice guy. Knowing he goes to cele now is making me experience some feelings of reservation towards him. Not because of him personally but because of the general idea I have about cele and from my experiences with people from cele.

Well it seems like there aren't many Celstians on nairaland to out number the negative opinions on this thread. Trust me there are many nice people in cele, for the fact you are a celestian does not mean you are evil. I was a celestian for 24 years and I wont say I use to be evil even though I go to a pentecostal church now

she rocks:

Hello everyone

He said we would need candles, minute crosses and bibles (for thanksgiving). After saying all that he said the total amount for my friend was £100 or so and me £150 (I don't remember exactly) but it was something along those lines.

what about some Pentecostal Pastors that charge you consultation fees for seeing them. Do you know how much Pastor Ashimilowo Charges? Trust me £150 is probably for 10 minutes for him.

I wouldnt say he is right or wrong, but men of God have to Eat but how much they eat is the problem. It would have been probably better to say give what you can
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by rubby(f): 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2006
i agree with u about not many celestainns on nairaland to neutralise the negative things, anyway have sent messages to them
why wont i choose my God over someone he created?
all i know is that when everyone fails you, God will be with you. what you go to any church to do depends on you. i go to chuch to worship God, all other negative things do not concern me
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2006
well who failed who?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Rottweiler(m): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2006
I pray that God almighty saves us from the false prophets. There are all sorts of churches these days. I was informed a few weeks back that even lesbians have their own church somewhere in down south. Unbelievable? I think the major reasons why a lot of people are tempted by these false prophets is : POVERTY and IGNORANCE!

It's not only CCC, there are issues with other churches and men/women of God (god?). Zoe Ministries, Synagogue, Olumba Olumba, Mountain of Fire, , Aladura, etc

To be on the secure side, we should read our bibles and follow the messages therein as directed by the Lord.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2006
@BENOSH:Hey, you're finally here.Winner's forever.
I think we should just stop this topic on cele.
Just leave us alone, you're persecuting us like saul did the early christians before he became Paul.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by welborn(m): 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2006
Lol. . . grin grin

Saul persecuted Christians but later became a Christian himself (so he was known also as Paul). If other Christians are 'persecuting' you in like manner, e go tay before they become [b]C[/b]ele later (if it's at all possible!).
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2006
I like that statement.
But look my problem is if us in Cele are worshipping GOD why would you say all those things about the church.4real keeps saying that the church is terrible for 2reasons to me.
1:His fiancee wants to leave him for the church.
2:He had a bad experience
He's been to how many Cele parishes in naija?Cele is international.There are parishes from Naija,Cameroon,Togo,Senegal,France,UK,USA,and etc,
For all the Cele persecuters please name the parishes that you were involved in that you had your bad experience,and what country it is in.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 11:13pm On Apr 10, 2006
alheri:

Someone I know wanted to travel out sometime and was refused visa. He appealed and went to cele for prayers before he went for his interview. Anyway, after been whipped and beaten by like six people,burning all sorts of candles and doing all knids of ritualistic stuff, he went for the interview and guess what? He was granted the visa! And before you say halleluyah, He was deported 3 weeks later.
This could have happened in any other church. Remember there are so many parishes of Cele.  In Lagos alone, We have thousands of them, not to talk of other parts of the country or even those abroad.  One bad experience in a parish does not mean the whole church should be labeled as bad. Besides, do you know what he did that made them deport him? Afterall, he was granted a visa, which was what he asked for (at least, that's a proof that we serve the living God - he answers our prayers). Why are you now blaming Cele because he was deported? Was it Cele that gave him a visa in the first place? Do you know the type of visa he was granted? Do you even know who's fault it is at all?

alheri:

From all the posts, their are more bad than good experiences. What does that tell you?
This is very normal.  But in the minds of people, in actual fact, people have experienced far more good than bad in Cele. I was born in Cele and I've never had a single bad experience. What does that tell you?

Look, Cele is a church where, what you ask is what you get. Ask all the members what made them members today (those that were not born in Cele), and you will be surprised at how many good expriences they have had during their stay in the church. For those that have had bad experiences, it's either they are looking in the wrong place or they simply should check themselves well and try to find out where they went wrong, instead of lamenting, "Cele is this, Cele is that". May God forgive you all. (Amen).

alheri:

I am sorry to have to add this, but the former accountant general of the federation goes to cele. Am sure you know who am talking about, because he's on the cele board of trustees. But he is the stingiest(hope am right with the spelling), meanest man I've ever come across. He practically has got no human sympathy. And there is this aura about him thats just not right. People are just expressing their opinions about cele,same as you.
He is a human being.  Anyone can be stingy or mean.  The church you attend does not determine your level of generousity or sympathetic nature at all. Besides, someone who is stingy to you might be generous to others. The fact that he didn't sympathise with a particular person does not mean he doesn't have human sympathy. Pls, stop attributing things to Cele unnecessarily, as these things are normal everywhere else.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2006
Amen.my brother in Christ.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 1:17am On Apr 11, 2006
4real:
ya tell me something, the doctrine in cele is bad, i know for sure from the bible that if you don't knock the door the right way you don't enter, i have said it, stop saying other churches do so and so we all know but why is it that cele's own is the most. i beg clean up your acts

Which of the doctrines in Cele is bad?  Is it. . .

DO NOT:

*Commit Adultery or Fornication
*Drink Alcohol, Wine and Smoke Cigarettes
*Eat Pork & Crawling Animals
*Merry-go-round at night
*Wear transparent dress, especially for Soutana while in the Church premises
*Wear Red or Black apparel, except for professional reasons

Or which ones are you talking about? 

Also, which acts are there to clean up? Do you have any statistical facts (or any facts whatsoever, not just 'hear says') to show that Cele's bad acts are more than those of any other church?

I'm waiting. . .
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 1:21am On Apr 11, 2006
I'd like to include the doctrine of women should be sanctified after the 7th day of their monthly cycle.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 1:30am On Apr 11, 2006
Well greed for your information i already had bad blood for cele b/4 my woman dump me for your misrable church, you and you something i don't feel bad about it, why cause she does not love me if she did, she would not go, or my guy would you encourage your sister to be going to a different church other than the one her husband is going to, my beef is with the church and it's not just about bad experiences but the manner in which things are done in cele, in all my life as a human being i have met only one sound cele man (when i say sound i mean in the bible) he knows the word why cause he worships at daystar during the week, i never said you don't worship chirst, simple part of what am saying is dat church is not about coming every sunday to dance and burn candles, you ruin peoples lifes can you imagine dat, i really don't have to tell you how many cele churches i have gone to ask rubby how many cele churches she has had to change to and still changing to
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 1:38am On Apr 11, 2006
Why can't you tell me,how many.Also what's the name of the parishes.We don't just worship sunday.We worship Sundays,Wednesdays,Fridays.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 1:47am On Apr 11, 2006
alheri:

Take goodguy for example, I've related to him for some time now on Nairaland, and I've always thought of him as a nice guy. Knowing he goes to cele now is making me experience some feelings of reservation towards him. Not because of him personally but because of the general idea I have about cele and from my experiences with people from cele.
You don't have to feel anything towards me.  I'm everly as good as my name says. grin

alheri:

Also, I mentioned the former AGF because I've met him a couple of times and I also know he goes to cele and is in a position of leadership in the church. So my opinions of the him as a person,having in mind his position in the cele church will affect my opinions of the church and people in general, get my drift? I wasnt trying to start any thing, I just wanted to share my friend's experience.
In the midst of good eggs, you will always find the bad ones (that's if at all they are actually bad, and not just you trying to bring out the supposed 'badness' in them). It's just very unfortunate and saddening that it is that bad ones that surface the most. It will shock you to know the bad ones in Cele are very very few, compared to the good ones. (Believe it or not).
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 1:58am On Apr 11, 2006
ahah aha aha ha aha ah ah cheesy cheesy cheesy you guys crack me up

when i say you follow the old testement you said it's a lie well GREED
GREED:

I'd like to include the doctrine of women should be sanctified after the 7th day of their monthly cycle.
where is the law from the ten commandents ah ah ah aha h ah cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@GOODGUY
in all you mentioned is there any that you guys follow cause if you say yes i go faint and i would not like to cause it's in the dead of the night ( grin) you left out candle burn, washing in the river at night, you left out beating the life out of a person cause you are doing delieverance, you left out fake messages (was given one two weeks ago) oh am sorry one was right (that my wife would leave me cause am not cele) and my guy read my messages have i ever said i hear say, am telling you things that i know period. and you guys are yet to give me on good reason why you do all the rubbish that you do.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 1:59am On Apr 11, 2006
4real:

Well greed for your information i already had bad blood for cele b/4 my woman dump me for your misrable church, you and you something i don't feel bad about it, why cause she does not love me if she did, she would not go, or my guy would you encourage your sister to be going to a different church other than the one her husband is going to, my beef is with the church and it's not just about bad experiences but the manner in which things are done in cele, in all my life as a human being i have met only one sound cele man (when i say sound i mean in the bible) he knows the word why cause he worships at daystar during the week, i never said you don't worship chirst, simple part of what am saying is that church is not about coming every sunday to dance and burn candles, you ruin peoples lifes can you imagine that, i really don't have to tell you how many cele churches i have gone to ask rubby how many cele churches she has had to change to and still changing to

I'm not surprised rubby is choosing the church over you, considering the post you made earlier (first paragraph).  Obviously, you are your own very problem.  You keep finding fault with every Cele church you go, when you've clearly implied that you are the one that commits those faults.  Settle down in one place, my brother, and give your life a meaning.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 2:07am On Apr 11, 2006
If a woman is unclean she is to enter somewhere holy and drive away the angels.
To me you're not very spiritual with the holy ghost.If someone is guided by the holy ghost they are able to see things that the mere human eye can't see.Do you know of enoch?You're saying we're bad,what about those in other churches who say they are faithful in GOD but visit herbalist for juju and believe everything they say,
If someone gives a wrong message then the holy ghost is not with them they are only doing shakara.This does not me it's the whole church doing this.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 2:33am On Apr 11, 2006
@GREED
you make me laugh, drive out the angle's ah, new one shocked angle dat are not scared of the devil are scared of woman blood ah aha ah and where did you find that in the bible (old testement i guess)

@ GOODGUY
i really hope you can read i said b/4 before means i used to, and the reason i find faults is because am a school student in the word of God i study (hope you know the meaning of that) the bible no body can tell me tresh and i take it. Rubby left me cause she did not love me, i was not telling her that to leave christ for juju worship or to become a muslim, i simply said that it would be good for the whole family to worship together (what kind of message am i giving my kids when it's mid week and we all get into the car to go worship and she goes else where) i went to worship at a cele church 3 weeks ago, as much as i hate cele church why (cause i love my wife) i madea scarifice if my wife loves me, she should be able to make the same, if am the only one ready to make such, then there is no need to stay on in the relationship or what do you have to say

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-10337.0.html
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by owo(m): 3:47am On Apr 11, 2006
goodguy:

Which of the doctrines in Cele is bad? Is it. . .

DO NOT:

*Commit Adultery or Fornication
*Drink Alcohol, Wine and Smoke Cigarettes
*Eat Pork & Crawling Animals
*Merry-go-round at night
*Wear transparent dress, especially for Soutana while in the Church premises
*Wear Red or Black apparel, except for professional reasons

Without taking the wind out of the ongoing discourse, I wish to know what is right about some of the doctrines mentioned above. Specifically, what is right about
1. Do not eat pork or crawling animals
2. Do not wear Red or black apparel (except for professional reasons)

In addition?
3. Why should someone wear soutana, at all?
4. Why should there be beating in the name of deliverance?
5. Why must men and women be bathed in the river (possibly by a 'more spiritual soul') periodically?
6. Why must people walk around barefooted?
7. Why must the WORD be replaced by 'Jamboree'?

Generally, what is the meaning of divination, and how does it compare with this 'see-vision-for-me' brouhaha that is evident in most of the posts here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.