Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (150371 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by larrygold: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2008
Celestians where art thou? Bi gbo go aiye di ite mo wa won gbodo teriba fun oluwa eyin omo ijo mimo edide ke yin oluwa. Haleluyah ni orin wa haleluyah wa ninu i se wa, I love my celestian it makes me a cele brity.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by omoeegun07: 4:47am On Jan 22, 2008
This story is just something i never really worried my head about,I am a muslim i never grew up believing or thinking that any religion is good or bad .Im married to a lady in philadelphia ,pa. she,s christian so who cares.I go clubing and hang out with friends but one day one of my investor friends also from naija said all this things you guys are posting. Because i told him my wife goes to cele not that it bothers me i wake up go to my office and do my things without thinking of course i am a busy guy with 500 clients in my account but i was researching cele church thru google because accordingly, today is a public holiday in america but my wife said she was working . i said have a good day . first she went late and came back earlier. and i,m like its very unusual . well do you think i should stop her from going to that church or i should stop her from taking my kids? or its just my imagination getting the best of me. and what about the water she brings from the church ,ive drank it a zillion times after waking up from my mornings after office get togethers, more so i dont even have time to question anyones religion because i dont discuss it.but should i be scared because though i told her to change churches sometime ago but i guess she has friends there she does not want to lose but gademnit we only live once right ,though they burnt my friends warehoue sometime ago and whats with candles when there is electricity?

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Livelife1: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2008
Omoeegun, I admire your not believing in any particular religion.  ive been itching to joining this nairaland because ive seen some very ridiculous postings about celestial church.  let me address you first.  your wife attends the church so does your children.  What beef exactly do you have for the church?  If your wife has been going there for quite some time now, why do you think she should stop attending or stop taking your children there?  Do not be influenced by other people.  We all have our own opinion,  as long as nothing bad has happened to either you or your wife or even the kids.  I'm sure people would say all sort concerning the water your wife brings from church which you have been drinking.  I want to believe the water has never done any harm to you.  believe me if by chance any thing happens to you later which doesnt even relate to the water people would say its the water, whereas they failed to say that when nothing happened all the while you've been drinking, besides i dnt think your wife would want to harm you. 

I attend cele, funny enough ive only been attending for about 3 years and beleive me if you understand their doctrine and understand the bible which im alreadying trying to do , you wouldnt have a problem with them.  people fail to understand that different churches have got different doctrines which i think is because of our different perception of things which has led to different interpretation of the bible.  The catholics believe in mary, well and in jesus of course, the jehovah witness believe differently, they don't celebrate birthday because jesus didnt celebrate his,  celestians light candle because they believe it symbolises light (imole).  why do think all these churches have different way of worship, its because of our different way of interpreting the bible.

Though people must have got bad experiences with celestial church, but please do you actually think all the misfortunes that have been happening are from the celestian spiritual work that has been done for them?  If one is given a messsage in the church and fortunately it happens like it was said by the prophet or prophetess through the holy spirit to the advantage of the person who the message is being given to, people would say the church is good and wouldnt find fault in the church.  They have forgotten that some messages given might not be for now to happen but might be later in future.

I read a comment from someone can't remember who, that before the mother travelled, she went to her shepard for prayers and safe return but unfortunately the mum died after her safe return.  the person was like why hadnt the shepard seen she was going to die if they know the have powers.  People do not forget , these people have got no powers but the spirit of God and prophecy as the holy spririt ministers to them.  Like it is in the bible "Egbe ni fun eni ti a ko ran ton je, egbe si ni fun eni ti a ran ti ko je"  The shepard is an ordinary human that the lord speaks through.  If the lord doesnt speak to him he would see neither would he know or say nothing because the lord has told him nothing.

I have a lot to say, but to round off and cut the long story short.  Do not go to a church and want to live your life like the pastor.  As long as the pastor preaches from the bible, do not take his behaviour into practice or account.  You just go to church and listen to word of God.  So far your prayers are answered, God looks at the heart not your mode of worship.  if you r given a message in church or any celestial church.  If they don't tally to your live style, listen to it but don't embrace it still.  if you r asked to do any spiritual work and you don't know what they are doing or what the items youve brough are for, You can ask the person doing it and he should tell you.  if he doesnt then you can say he's not truthful.

Let us not sin on issues that even we do not understand well enough before we critize.  Let us learn to pray for ourseleves.  theres nothing you ask God that he wont reveal to you it only depends on your relationship with him.

God bless!  Halleluyah! Halleluyah!! Halleluyah!!!
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by omoeegun07: 4:05am On Jan 23, 2008
Live life, My quest for knowledge does not defray what i believe or do not believe,incidentally my desire to know more about the celestial church comes not from plain quest but from situations that looks quizical to me . First like i said i,m too busy to worry about religion i pray like everyother muslim does but my faith is with my God .And i dont subscribe to anyone not even My wife in this point telling me how or what to believe so i would never infringe or carjole anyone into my own believe.The incident in question is i hardly go out on sundays but lately there is a change in time and space between the absence from the home for her , and i was thinking and called most of my friends who are christians anyway who i know would never miss a day in church even if there is a tsunami, i realised that their church activities ends usually at 2 mostly . but for my wife she comes back at 7 or 8 pm. then it keeps me wondering. i talked about it with her and she said it was sometimes they do some extra prayers .i could understand if after we talked about it it stopped but after a long while she stopped going to the church then again she started going again but this time she comes home with water in those kegs thats sold in wawa or seven eleven.Do i care? well from what i read the last time i would probably do my own underground reasearch to know whats happening there but my fear is "i dont forgive" if something extra ordinary is going on. albeit i dont care life goes on but without someone else.Is it true they encourage polygamy as i read it in new york times,and do they go after eachothers wifes?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Livelife1: 10:08am On Jan 24, 2008
omoeegun, well i understand you. If she's been coming home late lately which has been happening before, then i think you should have asked her first before asking you friends, because they do not attend the same church. The order of service in celestial church is quite differnt from other churches. The service ends at about 2pm at your friend's church. Thats because they attend pencostal church (maybe). Believe me even some of my own friends at times dont like coming to my church not because they dont like it but because they say the service is usually too long. At times we close at about 3 or 4, and that is on normal sundays and when we have revivals we can close around 5 or 6. I wouldnt jugde and say your wife is either lieing or telling the truth but when it comes to celestial, the service is always long.

Fornication is not encouraged in celestial church. It could be rampant that is because people gossip a lot and you know when women quarrel that is when youll know someone is dating someones husband or wife, which (fornication) is wrong but it happens in every other church or society. Its just part of the flaws people who do not like the church are holding on to to tarnish the image of the church. if they fornicate and well dont make it a secret i believe its better than churches who do the same (fornicate) pretend and hide under the name and word of God. there is no moderation or degree of fornaication, its still a sin. Those that cover up their act and those who do it openly are committing the same sin. its left to the church goers to either follow up the fornication path or go to church or any religious place of worship to pray and worship God.

Yes, people go after peoples husbands and wives there but its something that happens in everyday live which i do not condone either. penticostals also do it but its not just as pronounced as it is in celstial because it done secretly.

Well you might do your own research as well and find out for yourself what exaclty is happening but think of it , Do you think you can make a report on a church that you do not understand their doctrine well enough you might find out something which might seem quizzical because you dont understand the doctrine there.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by detruth: 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2008
@goodguy,live-life and others

Stop decieving yourself. Cele is rather a cult and never a Church. Every of their doctrine points to this. I am related to Bada and so also my friend (one of Ajanlekoko's son who now changed his name to Adeoye). We all know the evil inside. Even though you outside worshipper can be decieved, not us. You can't understand better than that.
Cele is a lovely "fraternity" to carnally minded church goers. You rather need to understand what is means to be set free by the truth. Everybody knows Transmission (one of his wards even testifies earlier). Give your life to Jesus and let your eyes be open or else the end may lead to regrets. God bless you!
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by omoeegun07: 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2008
listen guys ,ll tell you this to each their own.I got calls to make and families to help i,m outa here anyway thanks for your time and may everyone be blessed according to their commitment to God,s desire
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Abbygyal(f): 12:29am On Jan 25, 2008
Good God i cant belief u guyz are talking about ccc this much, well what i believe is that cele is a good church mt twin and i were born there etc. some parishes spoil the name of cele but you dont have to criticize a church like that. It is simple, if your parish is bad leave it and go to another. for me i think they preach well and all what they do is very stimulating. cele leavers- why criticize cele just because u dont attend it any longer, that is not fair other churches commit adultery. Their is no church that is 100% pure.bone level i dont care what anybody says, some leaders just think they can make money 2ru investing a church but everything isn't about money. goodguy thanks for not criticizing cele- it was highly appreciated.Bleep.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Livelife1: 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2008
detruth, i strongly disagree with you. I dont care if those you know use the church as a means of deceiving people like the Bada and ajanlekoko you mentioned but do not call the church a fraternity. celestial church is a spiritual church, the teaching are no different from the bible. well the only reason why i would critise a church which i dont think i would ever do is when the teaching and preaching is different from the bible.

If a celestial Shepard can preach and convert sinners using the word of God why would i care about what people say about the church. i dont care about the life style of the pastors because i go there and listen to the word of God, pray and my prayers get answered. What else do you need from a church. These people who critise the church, have you ever asked them what the went there looking for in the first instance, fast miracle, why cant they learn to pray. If you say the prophets and prophetesses give fake messages those who go and force them to do all sorts of spiritual jobs for them are the ones encouraging them to continue this malicious act. If they pray for you and God doesnt speak to them people wouldnt believe. They believe when youre being prayed for, there should be a message.

Anyway, i attend the church, im proud of it and would continue to attend the church as long as i still enjoy the preachings and get answered prayers. God isnt bothered about your church as a whole, he looks at the heart individually. some people do not go to church but are more holy than some regular church goers.

the fact that someone doent like a church doesnt mean that someone else should discourage potential members from attending the church.

one mans food is another mans poison.

halleluyah!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by dafidixone(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2008
i have no opinion.

You want to get one? grin
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Meenz328: 2:09am On Feb 04, 2008
God i cant believe this.
this is so funny.
i actually found this forum while i was searching about this Cele church. Im a Muslim, i was born one, a very strong one and religious one too. At one point in my life, a couple of years back i somehow converted to Cele temporarily. I started attending their churches, many different ones, in Lagos, Abuja and Ibadan because i travelled alot during those years. I had the worse experiences ever. I dont know about all you people that still go there and find good ones with good prophets but the ones i went to and got involved in was a disaster, i had many problems at that time and the prophets promised to help me and solve my problems!
I can tell you that i spent almost 2.5 million naira on cele churches and prophets as they promised to make my life better. they made my life better temporarly for about 3 months or a little bit more but after that everything turned to a disaster. since then they promised to fix it with their prayers and what not but i have not seen any changes. I really dont like them and i do not trust them. I dont think they are good people. the denomination, doctrine and teachings are good but what they practice in Nigeria, i am not sure about that at all. I feel like it is definitely Devil's work. i have so much to say about my experiences but im just trying to be brief and summarize what i have experienced. Im glad those of you that go to the church like it but be sure to know what youre doing and understand what youre worshipping.

Ive also noticed that alot of women go there to solve their marital problems and "tie" up their husbands. i mean, for such things to be happening in that church, i just dont feel its a very safe place. I feel like they communicate with bad spirirts, they lie, and they do many things that are evil. Im happy with being a Muslim, i also like other Christian churches like the Redeemed Church and Winners.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jblenky: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2008
Well i was born&brought in cele and up till now am still a cele member and also i dont even think i will stop attending cele because i know we are serving the living God. Let me bring this to your notice it is better for you to stop posing all sort of rubbish about cele cos if u really understand cele u wont be saying all sort of things even who had never worship for once in cele because are posing their bad experience,they are also painting the church without having any experience. OJU OLUWA WON YIN cos sins against the workers are there is no forgiveness for that.
For those of who had bad experience why cant u just leave the all thing for God to judge

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Meenz328: 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2008
@JBLENKY didnt you see the topic is "OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES" and besides it a free world so let anyone speak about their personal experiences and opinions, no one says ure supposed to agree or like what anyone else is saying. Say your own and let others say their own.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jblenky: 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2008
I am a celestial and i have been attending the church for over 25 year. Infact, my younger ones are born into the church. To cut the long story short, what i would say is that what everybody has been saying about the church is right either the ugly or the good. The problem most people have with the church is that they never understand the doctrine of church (Celestial Church of Christ) before joining the church. Cele is quite diff from all other churches, as the name imply 'Ijo mimo ti kristi lati orun wa' (There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another) 1 Cor. 15V40. So my dear brothers and sisters never compare Celestial Church of Christ with any other churches. Is a divine church!

I think the church is okay, the worshipers are the one giving the church a bad name or reputation and likewise we have some good Christian's among the worshipers. Concerning the issue of leadership among the elders of the church. Am aware that the late Pastor founder of the church had prophesied about it before he dead. I believe similar thing can equally happen in other denomination whenever their leaders pass-on.

Baiye ko mo mi
sugbon awon temi
eke mimo so oba
imole wole

The problems of those posting negetive thought against cele are simple, it is because they don't understand the doctrine of celestial Church of Christ, Pls why cant u take time to understand at-least to have some knowledge rather than posting rubbish. Though there are FAKE prophet and PASTOR who are tarnishing the image of the church. Nevertheless we are serving the same God just that the modes are not the same.
To all the Celestials
smiley OJU OLUWA MI WO ISE WA
AWON ANGELI MIMO NKO WON
IBASE RERE TABI IBI
ERE ISE RE NI
IWO YIO GBA

HALLELUYAH NI ORIN WA
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by metodman(m): 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2008
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY ABOUT WHAT YOU PEOPLE SAY ABOUT CELESTIAL, MOST OF THEM DONT REALLY KNOW ABOUT THE CHUCRH. THERE ARE OTHER CHURCHES THAT HAVE BAD PARISHES TOO, DONT JUST SHOUT CELESTIAL NAME, TRY AND TRY NOT TO JUDGE, U MIGHT BE PUNISHED!!!!!!

ALLELUYAH!!!!!!!
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by metodman(m): 3:30pm On Feb 12, 2008
MA SISE LO
MASE WA ISINMI
MA FURUGBIN
OLUKORE NBO
OJU OLUWA MIWO ISE RE
AWON ANGELI MIMI NKOWON
IBA SE RERE TABI IBI
ERE ISE RE NI IWO YO GBA, THATS SO SURE
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by router(m): 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2008
I am a great one and i have never attended their church but i know they are into some spiritual stuff.My step mum used to go there one time although now she is a graet one but wicked. Anyway while she was still attending cele, i went into her room one time and saw a bunch of candles with the names of each of her children ,her name and the name of my father all tied up in one bucnch!!!!!. Anyway i know that would not reduce the love my dad has for me cos i worship God without attaching anything. I thank God now that she is a greatone wink
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by metodman(m): 10:04am On Feb 13, 2008
thats left to her to know, like the song i sang the other time, Whether you do good or bad, you a reward for it. Church will not take anybody to Heaven, Our faith in Christ and the way we live our life will,
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by metodman(m): 10:12am On Feb 13, 2008
TOJU ISE RE
I JO MIMO
LORI OKE LORUI PETELE
OJU OLUWA NWO ISE
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by pastor07: 3:08pm On Feb 29, 2008
I am not surprised with the response about CCC. I was born and raised in CCC and what is going on in the church is down to the leaders. CCC is not a bad church, its the people that are bad. I compare CCC to Nigeria, Nigeria has wealth to prosper on its own but yet again due to corrupt leaders it is failing badly.

Also the leaders of CCC are too old and have no sense of how the modern world operates. They have mistaken wealth and status for power and have forgotten about the most important thing, Spiritual power and heavenly wisdom.

The elders have also forgotten that one day they will die and the way it is going the youths of CCC will inherit nothing but stupid anointment. However, I want to congratulate the CCCYM and and also Edward Parish for their efforts in educating young Celestians.

The only way that CCC can regain its status is by getting rid of all the anointment, all the bogus shepherds, all the parishes with less than 20-30 members. Why on earth would you need 5 churches in close proximity to each other. I think we shouldn't have a Pastor, we should have a group of leaders who would make decisions based on what the members want and not for their on individual greediness.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by lucabrasi(m): 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2008
@post

wots the deal with the auction of the half burnt candle,my late mum and late maternal grandma were celestial church members but one thing i v not been able to understand is whats the deal with the half burnt candle auction?seen celestial members pay outrageous amounts for it dyu know anything about that
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by lucabrasi(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2008
@kiwibabe

ccc is in no way like kicc apart from both being churches with a large african following,i attend kicc when im in london cause i study outside london and i can assure you that theres no man of GOD in the uk that ll surpass pastor mathew ashimolowo when it comes to teaching and interpreting the word of GOD,he doesnt do any candles or coconuts or visions n stuffs what he does best is teaching and interpreting the word and he s the best at it the amount of times he s been invited to no10 downing street and the mix of his congregation will attest to this factxx
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2008
kinda trips me that some folks still maintain the good old religion of the bible times.think we need them around sometimes to amuse some of us and stir up nostalgic feelings in some others(have some close pips who are celestials and they must not hear of my reply) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by aonestar: 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2008
My friend's dad is a leader in Cele and he wants his son to take over. The son refused. Now he's running from one part of Nigeria to another because his dad would torture him if the dad caught hold of him. I heard the son is wanted by police all over nigeria because the dad has all kinds of connections with the police.
Is this a common thing in Nigeria? What would you advise the son to do? He can't go to the police because he's wanted by police. Where else could he go?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by skyone(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2008
actually no opinion
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Maykelly(f): 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2008
Remind me tomorrow
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by redsun(m): 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2008
I love the way celestial church worship,the music,the dance and the magic,that is what it is all about,getting intunned to the atmosphere,feeling free and joyous,not for god to put food on your table or to cure your stomach ache as a result of drinking dirty water due to moral laxity not spiritual.
Spituality is for meditations not for man-made things,if you want something,get it,use your brain,hands and legs,,everything about the body is productive,use it,that is the god.
More like the akas,buccs and maphs in the universities,you know,the gyre moves,brotherhood on understanding,blending with nature,it's just that like every other thing majority don't know what it is all about,they think it is for ghetto superstadom.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2008
@redsun, you mean you like the way they make music with the bell, nd dance in an esoteric fashion?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by redsun(m): 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2008
Yeah,tribal mood,just like the native americans,connecting with nature in harmony.Fraternity,like freemasons,brotherhood of like enlighten minds.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by greentree(m): 2:34am On Mar 09, 2008
lucabrasi:

@kiwibabe

ccc is in no way like kicc apart from both being churches with a large african following,i attend kicc when im in london cause i study outside london and i can assure you that theres no man of GOD in the uk that ll surpass pastor mathew ashimolowo when it comes to teaching and interpreting the word of GOD,he doesnt do any candles or coconuts or visions n stuffs what he does best is teaching and interpreting the word and he s the best at it the amount of times he s been invited to no10 downing street and the mix of his congregation will attest to this factxx

Out of curiosity why does cele pray in the name of michael mimo

why do they belief in the charade called trance

why do they subject innocent children to carrying dredlocks all in the name of spirituality

why do they believe coconut water will bring them miracles

Pastor Matthew I hail thee
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by ASL33: 10:08am On Mar 09, 2008
Celestial church is the yoruba version of Olumba Olumba or vice versa. For me they are not church.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by pastor07: 10:15am On Mar 12, 2008
what I dont understand is why do everyone criticise Cele but they just cant keep away. But did you know that most nigerian pastors from other churches were once celestians and most of them still go to cele for service secretly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.