Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

A Question For The Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For The Christians (2227 Views)

The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? / "I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / 60 Questions For The Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For The Christians by ijawkid(m): 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
toba: ignorance is not an excuse. IF i resigned my appointment cos im having issues with my boss or cos a misunderstanding at work, then i should take responsibility for being overzealous. A case of an insane person is different from that of a frustrated fellow

D same principle applies..

If 1 is conscious of d fact that he wants to commit suicide that person will an must pay for his actions...its only 1 who's conscious of good and bad that'll be ready to face Gods judgement..

Mad persons can't distiguish btw right and wrong..
Re: A Question For The Christians by Cogent: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

So we are back to d same place..

Which is the guy suffering from that wuld make him go kill people...??

Depression,madness or what??

I don't know if u answered my question I asked earlier...

Is depression = madness??
Where did you ask that question before?
If you didn't know what depression is you should have checked instead of asking me for lessons.
Both depression and madness are psychiatric disorders/mental illnesses. What next?
Re: A Question For The Christians by ijawkid(m): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Cogent:
Where did you ask that question before?
If you didn't know what depression is you should have checked instead of asking me for lessons.
Both depression and madness are psychiatric disorders/mental illnesses. What next?

That shuld mean we all in nigeria are all mentally ill if depression is synonymous to mental illness......

But let's conclude this issue.....

Mad people aren't conscious of there environment......

God being merciful will overlook there acts done when in that mentally crazy state....

God is wise and a just God.....

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Christians by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

That shuld mean we all in nigeria are all mentally ill if depression is synonymous to mental illness......

God being merciful will overlook there acts done when in that mentally crazy state....

God is wise and a just God.....
Classic cos the economic situation of Nigeria is depressing the mentality of many citizens, that some result to vices like prostitution, child trafficking, Armed robbery etc. After being caught, they're punished for their wrong doings, but Mad pple are moved to Yaba Lagos for treatment and not for Judgement
Re: A Question For The Christians by poweredcom(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
You all should note there is no life after death -- nothing like heaven or hell

You die you get to the dust when you are buried gbam
Re: A Question For The Christians by Cogent: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

God is a just God.....

Are you sure? Why does your bible say nothing about those that are not in their senses instead of leaving you to guess?
And as for the bolded part; Oh please. I can bring verses out of the bible that puts that your statement into question.
For instance in 2Samuel 12:11 to 14, the bible says that God punished David by causing his wives to be raped in public by his neighbours because he/David coveted another mans wife.
Another verse in Exodus talks about how God will visit the iniquity of the fathers upon their unborn children uptill the fourth generation. Can you beat that? Punishing unborn generations for something the father did.
There is also the eternal punishment in hell you fellas usually predict for non-Christians. How can a person who lived for instance, 80 or 90 years, be punished for eternity simply for failing to be a Christian? How is that justice? If your God can do these things then what makes you think he cannot punish insane people for their crimes?
Re: A Question For The Christians by ijawkid(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
Cogent:

Are you sure? Why does your bible say nothing about those that are not in their senses instead of leaving you to guess?
And as for the bolded part; Oh please. I can bring verses out of the bible that puts that your statement into question.
For instance in 2Samuel 12:11 to 14, the bible says that God punished David by causing his wives to be raped in public by his neighbours because he/David coveted another mans wife.
Another verse in Exodus talks about how God will visit the iniquity of the fathers upon their unborn children uptill the fourth generation. Can you beat that? Punishing unborn generations for something the father did.
There is also the eternal punishment in hell you fellas usually predict for non-Christians. How can a person who lived for instance, 80 or 90 years, be punished for eternity simply for failing to be a Christian? How is that justice? If your God can do these things then what makes you think he cannot punish insane people for their crimes?

He won't purnish insane persons except ur head is convincing u he will.......

U want to hear from my mouth that God will a destroy mad persons who weren't conscious of there actions.....

He is a God of justice and so he won't take a mad mans action into account....

And talking about purnishing unborn generations I'm gonna come up with an explanation....
Re: A Question For The Christians by Bella3(f): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
You can neva knw. Bt lets ask ourselves what made the person mad?
Is it:
juju(9ja mentality)
alchohol
drugs
too much of anything(and that includes reading the bible)
if its any of the above, then i think the person is accountable
Re: A Question For The Christians by Ptolomeus(m): 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

1st of all d notion that all persons who are deemed fit for everlasting life will go to heaven is wrong...

2ndly if the man while committing that act wasn't sane why would a God of mercy and compassion not pardon his errors??

God will even forgive d sins of a sane person,who got involved in killings but repented later..rÉad
Ezekiel 18:21..
Why wuld he lower his attribute of mercy when it then comes to an insane person?

Do u guys take God to be an irrational being??

I understand your analysis, but you are saying that some people will go to heaven anyway.
You know that Abraham, David, Noah, Solomon were adulterers ... and God said nothing ... IN such cases do not talk about repentance.
One thing is to forgive, and one that some people have gained heaven.
Divine justice?

@ cogen.
1.How can you see, ijawkid returned. I'm all a prophet.
2. You speak Spanish? Catalan? French? Portuguese? Italian?
No? it's a shame ... I do speak those languages. ..
Well, then strive a little and try to understand Google, because I hate the English ... I think a language imperialist of the invaders of slavers ...
Please accept my compliments
Re: A Question For The Christians by Cogent: 5:33am On Jul 27, 2012
^^^Ok, I've heard you.
@ijawkid, please don't forget the explanation.
Re: A Question For The Christians by ijawkid(m): 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2012
Cogent: ^^^Ok, I've heard you.
@ijawkid, please don't forget the explanation.

i'm back bro...... grin.....

ok here's my lil explanation as regards ur question....

The verse ur quoting from is exodus 20:5…….
considering the context, Yahweh inaugurated the Law covenant with the nation of Israel. After hearing the terms of the covenant, the Israelites declared publicly: “All that Yahweh has spoken we are willing to do.” (Ex. 19:5-cool The nation as a whole thus entered into a special relationship with yahweh. So the words at Exodus 20:5 were fundamentally directed to the whole nation.
When the Israelites remained faithful to Yahweh, the nation benefited and enjoyed many blessings. (Lev. 26:3-cool The opposite also held true. When the nation of Israel rejected Yahweh and went after false gods, he withdrew his blessing and protection; the nation suffered calamity. (Judg. 2:11-18) Granted, there were some who maintained their integrity and kept God’s commandments despite the nation’s idolatrous course. (1 Ki. 19:14, 18) Faithful ones likely experienced some hardship because of the nation’s sins, but Yahweh expressed loving-kindness toward them.
When Israel became so flagrant in violating Yahweh’s principles that his name became an object of derision among the nations, Yahweh determined to punish his people by allowing them to be taken captive to Babylon. Of course, this included punishment of individuals and of his people as a group. (Jer. 52:3-11, 27) Indeed, the Bible shows that Israel’s collective guilt was so great that three, four, or possibly more generations were affected by the misdeeds of their forefathers, just as Exodus 20:5 states.
God’s Word also contains accounts where individual families were affected by parental misconduct. High Priest Eli offended Yahweh by allowing his “good-for-nothing,” immoral sons to remain as priests. (1 Sam. 2:12-16, 22-25) Because Eli honored his sons more than Jehovah, God decreed that Eli’s family would be cut off from the high priesthood, which happened starting with his great-great-grandson, Abiathar. (1 Sam. 2:29-36; 1 Ki. 2:27) The principle of Exodus 20:5 is illustrated by the example of Gehazi as well. He abused his position as Elisha’s attendant in order to benefit materially from the curing of Syrian General Naaman. Through Elisha, yahweh pronounced judgment, saying: “The leprosy of Naaman will stick to you and your offspring to time indefinite.” (2 Ki. 5:20-27) So Gehazi’s descendants were affected by the consequences of his wrongdoing.
As Creator and Life-Giver, Yahweh has every right to determine what punishment is just and appropriate. The above instances show that children or descendants may feel the ill effects of their ancestors’ sin. However, yahweh “hears the outcry of the afflicted ones,” and individuals who earnestly turn to him may receive his favor and even some measure of relief.—Job 34:28.

Besides, that convenant and instruction was for the nation of isreal and for them alone…today God deals with all sorts of persons from diff tribes ,tongues and nations..we will be judged on an individual basis…..
Also don’t forget Ezekiel 18:20
Ezekiel 18:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them
……….that scripture affirms Gods balanced view of justice……
But note::: when ever individuals kept Gods standards they were blessed…….

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do Angels Fight? What Is Their Scope Of Engagement? Do They Stab One Another / Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. / Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.