Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Man Of Steel - Superman! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Man Of Steel - Superman! (6309 Views)

Man Of Steel – Movie Review / Man Of Steel / Man Of Steel: Controversy Story And Sneak View Of Man Of Steel 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
I try to stay local as much as possible but I couldn't pass this up. You may have seen this already but what the hell (i think) cheesy

Release Date: June 14, 2013
Director: Zack Snyder
Screenwriter: David S. Goyer
Starring: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Russell Crowe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
For those of you who don't understand the fuss.......sorry can't help. I might be exaggerating but I think this will be one of the best Superman movies made and the trailer alone says it all.
This version is dark and classy as f***, the Superman's logo is hot not to mention the new costume.

Can't wait!

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
[b][/b]
ijebabe: For those of you who don't understand the fuss.......sorry can't help. I might be exaggerating but I think this will be one of the best Superman movies made and the trailer alone says it all.
This version is dark and classy as f***, the Superman's logo is hot not to mention the new costume.

Can't wait!

I seriously hope so. I don't know how they managed to turn my darling superman to a freaking woman wrapper in the last movie.

2 Likes

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by VillageBoi(m): 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
Totally can't wait to see this myself!
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
This will not disappoint. I feel it in my bones! grin
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 12:44am On Dec 18, 2012
The new trailer for Man of Steel came out last week and remembered this thread cheesy

Superman is faster than a speeding bullet and sexier than ever before! Man of Steel's full trailer was released Tuesday by Warner Bros Pictures, and Henry Cavill does not disappoint.

Clark Kent Is a Super Boy. Not a shocker, but the displaced alien boy growing up on earth is brave from the get-go. In the clip, he saves a classmate from a school bus accident, revealing his superhuman strength. His father later reprimands him for his heroism, reminding him, "You have to keep this side of yourself a secret." Even if, Pa Kent (Kevin Costner) says, that potentially means letting good people die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by wayne4loan: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2012
As far as Christopher nolan, is involve with the man of steel project, I have no doubt that it is gonna be a blast, look at what nolan did with the Batman series , he took a batman that was so wack and turned it into a master piece.. I just hope prove me right just 1 more time as the world greatest movie producer
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by montelik(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2012
Seen the trailers and I am not overly excited or expectant. Superman is a super hero who doesn't lend himself easily to the darker portrayal (which worked brilliantly for Batman, Iron man). The story is pretty set in stone. Baby alien boy from Krypton is adopted and raised by parents in the relative safety, tranquility and small town of Smallville. Eventually moves to metropolis and becomes a super hero. There really isn't much room for new or interesting story-lines or character development. Personally I am not expecting much, but no doubt it should be miles better than the last. At the very least it will be great to have a high definition 3D Superman film, take advantage of the latest advances in CGI.

Also while I understand that they are going for the epic film appeal, I wish both trailers didn't feel they simply lifted the Lord of the Rings/Gladiator soundtracks. Its very distracting.

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 8:44am On Dec 20, 2012
It is a fixed story line, but doesn't make it impossible to adapt a different angle to the story. That was what I thought about the movie Snow White and the Huntsman, simple storyline set in stone but Sanders turned it into something else, adding that dark element, that made it feel like a new story.

The soundtrack alone lends that eerie feel and im curious to find out what. Kevin Costner as Clark's dad and Russell Crowe as Jor El is enough to get me excited. Nolan is an amazing director I don't think he'll fail with this one.

My concern now is, after this movie will Nolan go on to do the Justice League? Im beside myself with joy just thinking about it grin
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Briareos(m): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
ijebabe: It is a fixed story line, but doesn't make it impossible to adapt a different angle to the story. That was what I thought about the movie Snow White and the Huntsman, simple storyline set in stone but Sanders turned it into something else, adding that dark element, that made it feel like a new story.

The soundtrack alone lends that eerie feel and im curious to find out what. Kevin Costner as Clark's dad and Russell Crowe as Jor El is enough to get me excited. Nolan is an amazing director I don't think he'll fail with this one.

My concern now is, after this movie will Nolan go on to do the Justice League? Im beside myself with joy just thinking about it grin

Unfortunately, it is not Chris Nolan that is directing it. He is just one of the producers. Zack Snyder is not bad, though. But I wish it is Nolan handling the movie. He basically rejuvenated the Batman franchise. If he can turn just a bat-man into such a marvelous movie as we saw in TDKR, just imagine what he'd be able to do with the Boss himself, Superman.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by wayne4loan: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
Briareos:

Unfortunately, it is not Chris Nolan that is directing it. He is just one of the producers. Zack Snyder is not bad, though. But I wish it is Nolan handling the movie. He basically rejuvenated the Batman franchise. If he can turn just a bat-man into such a marvelous movie as we saw in TDKR, just imagine what he'd be able to do with the Boss himself, Superman.
mind u zack snyder has proven himself as a creative director,look at what he did with a low budgeted 300 ,he turned 300 into what every good adventure fan has been expecting to see in the big screen. zack snyder + chris nolan =the badest superman ever.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
Now you guys are succeeding in making me impatient to see the movie. As you can see i started this thread months ago. Sigh!
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by wayne4loan: 10:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
ijebabe: Now you guys are succeeding in making me impatient to see the movie. As you can see i started this thread months ago. Sigh!
ehya, I knw the feeling, don't worry next year is just around the corner.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thank yousmiley
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by yoji: 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
Superman's last chance!
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hehehehe. Superman and Batman sit down to chat about the latest Man Of Steel trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWpCJruFlw
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Mynd44: 1:52am On Feb 28, 2013
They should release the darned movie already jorh. And why must they give us the same old story? We all know Batman's story but we love the movies na
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by VillageBoi(m): 11:44am On Feb 28, 2013
Mynd_44: They should release the darned movie already jorh. And why must they give us the same old story? We all know Batman's story but we love the movies na

Feel free to sing along.

Soon and very soon, we are going to see Superman la, la, la
Soon and very soon, we are going to see Superman
Soon and very soon, we are going to see Superman
It's a man of akpu
it's a man of akpu
We are going to see Superman!
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Ignatio(m): 11:26am On Mar 03, 2013
Since Nolan is involved the movie won't disappoint.

I love Superman.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Mynd44: 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ignatio: Since Nolan is involved the movie won't disappoint.

I love Superman.
Let's hope so
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
Nolan is only the producer in this movie, not the director. Snyder did a good job with the movie 300 & The Watchmen, hopefully this movie will be epic too.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 1:25am On Apr 19, 2013
Seriously trailer 3? This is torture! 2 months to go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xezfJzqU8gY
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by VillageBoi(m): 2:44am On Apr 19, 2013
ijebabe: Seriously trailer 3? This is torture! 2 months to go!

Yup they are marketing it like mad and all I can say is "Shut up and take my money already!!"... so can't wait.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by wayne4loan: 5:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
MAN OF STEEL has started breaking all sought of record in the box office , just a week after release, it has gross over 120 million dollars . It will make it debout into Nigeria cinema next week. Am very eager to see the movie.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Mynd44: 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
I can't wait
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
Anywhere to download this 2hour movies.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by khanivorous(f): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Just saw the shit movie...

Nothing so awesome just some bunch of dudes flying around fighting

Was expecting a serious combat between gen. Zod and kal el...just ground shattering punches and too many fly fly
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Bawss1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2013
^
Too many fly fly?

Have you eaten today?
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by VillageBoi(m): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2013
Oh well I actually prefered 'After Earth' to this... sorry folks but I didn't find it to be that interesting - RE: The hype!
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by khanivorous(f): 12:28am On Jun 20, 2013
This movie dey pepper me well well...

I spent 4 movies worth of anticipation on this man of steel..only to get destruction and wreckage

Like village boi said: HYPE

* sighs , deletes movie from collection, spits and starts watching ray donovan*
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Mynd44: 5:43am On Jun 20, 2013
VillageBoi:
Oh well I actually prefered 'After Earth' to this... sorry folks but I didn't find it to be that interesting - RE: The hype!
If someone can say After Earth which I think is the biggest flop ever is better then there is fire on the mountain
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by yoji: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2013
@ village boi: u lost it for me wen u mentioned after earth, d year's biggest flop and d final nail in shymalan's career. Sory but can't take ur views serious wit comments like that. After earth?!? That rubbish film? Their weapon of combat was a cutlass which is close range weapon wen they had d technology for a long range weapon like a gun. They cud make space ships but no long range weapon!!!! So they always had to b close to d monster to kil it.
@ khanivourious: u are obviously not a fan and I understand that. Jus wondered y u bothered watchin it. Destruction is to b expected in a superhero movie. Avengers, ironman3 and dark knight rises did so and found success and u wanted man of steel to b transformed into snow white. In 2006, d brandon routh version tried a sentimental movie and flopped so whatchu expect

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Playing Safe' - Trailer & Synopsis / DOWNLOAD: Asiwaju – Latest Yoruba Movie 2018 Premium Starring Afonja Olaniyi / ***~~~Good Movies With Stupid/terrible Endings~~~***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.