Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61195 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 18, 2008
KollyJay:

Well,

Am not hear to aurge with some proud young Nigerians who luckily made their way to America and instead of thanking God, comes her to use the left hand to point into any good thing that is happening in their Father's land. Whether Peter had gold or not, thatz left to him but as for me, I will rather go with the word that has gone out of Jesus mouth.

Thank U.

Which is that Peter will "in this world he will receive many fold" right?

Now did Jesus LIE since Peter famously told the crippled man that "silver and gold have i none"?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KollyJay(m): 2:37am On Dec 18, 2008
@ David

Luke 18 vs 28-30.

Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all , and followed thee.

29. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, there is NO MAN [including peter] that hath left houses, or parent, or brethren, or wife or children for the kingdom of God's sake,

30. Who SHALL NOT receive MANIFOLD more in this present time, and in the world to come LIFE ETERNAL

Ok, u know what that means? or u want to call your Maker a liar? if yes, then will i know the better words to use here.

Thank U.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 18, 2008
KollyJay:

@ David

Luke 18 vs 28-30.

Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all , and followed thee.

29. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, there is NO MAN [including peter] that hath left houses, or parent, or brethren, or wife or children for the kingdom of God's sake,

30. Who SHALL NOT receive MANIFOLD more in this present time, and in the world to come LIFE ETERNAL

Ok, u know what that means? or u want to call your Maker a liar? if yes, then will i know the better words to use here.

Thank U.

simple question . . . i am not disproving the fact that what you quoted is in the bible . . .

Seeing that Peter didnt have any "manifold financial blessings" on earth (silver and gold have i none) . . . did Christ LIE in Luke 18:28-30?

In essence . . . either Christ LIED or you have a deliberately FALSE interpretation of Luke 18:28-30.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KollyJay(m): 2:46am On Dec 18, 2008
U go ahead and answer it yourself since its a simple question.

The whole world is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God, so RCCG is just starting out boy.

Thank U.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KollyJay(m): 2:50am On Dec 18, 2008
Oh, false interpretation? ok then go ahead and interpret those verses plz, Bible scholar.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 18, 2008
KollyJay:

U go ahead and answer it yourself since its a simple question.

The whole world is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God, so RCCG is just starting out boy.

Thank U.

pretentious little brainwashed hypocrites . . . they bandy the bible around, distort its meaning to justify greed and start crying about "manifestations".

What "manifestations" are you talking about? The bible talks of "manifestation" in terms of men filled with the Holy Ghost you are talking of "manifestation" only in terms of corruptible naira and kobo. Shame on you.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by JJYOU: 2:59am On Dec 18, 2008
you love the world
and the things of the world you love

where is the love of God in you?

your brother is in need and you are able to help but you didnt
where is the love of God in your heart?   

any one remember that song?

we live in the last days.  very soon life as we know it is going to be no more

what are you going to tell heaven you did with your life?
i went to church wont do. i argued for my pastor and your favourite my pastor and church is better than yours wont do either.

son of man think of your life when all these things are pass away.

the Lord is commanding that we love one another for this is the will of GOD
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KollyJay(m): 3:04am On Dec 18, 2008
By their fruit you shall know them! A good tree will never bear a bad fruit and vice versa

We all know you with your arrogant and insulting words.

So when he was talking about manifestations, he put only being filled by the Holy Ghost there right?

Ara olokunrun ya tan, iso lo nda pa babalawo.

Your abata is merely unfair to have stood alof as if its of no relation of the river by condemning the Auditorium.

God have mercies.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 18, 2008
KollyJay:

By their fruit you shall know them! A good tree will never bear a bad fruit and vice versa

We all know you with your arrogant and insulting words.

By the words of thy mouth you are condemned . . .

Lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth . . . for where your treasure is there will YOUR HEART be also.

KollyJay:

So when he was talking about manifestations, he put only being filled by the Holy Ghost there right?

1. Read the entire Romans 8 . . . if you see ANY reference to earthly treasures there pls let me know.

2. Before you religious pharisees crow about "manifestations", have you read the very preceeding verse?
- Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Of course your pastors NEVER tell you about the "sufferings of this present time" . . . you are too busy wallowing in the false illusion of financial "manifold more in this present time".

KollyJay:

God have mercies.

Indeed . . . but for his mercies . . . people like you would have ended up like Judas . . . you know those "disciples" who are forever concerned about money.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KollyJay(m): 3:15am On Dec 18, 2008
Well, this is getting out of hand.

Take care boy.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 18, 2008
KollyJay:

Well, this is getting out of hand.

Take care boy.

[size=14pt]Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.[/size]
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MadMax1(f): 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2008
Fellas, where do you get the idea that a man's decisions cant be criticised merely because he heads a large religious organisation?It's our sick,vulgar culture of adulation of Men of God that make the jobs of the genuine ones so much harder. Pastor Adeboye holds an office in a church:he isn't more important than a chorister or usher or the women who sweep the church floor; they merely fulfil different functions in the church. Sure he gets more perks because of his title,but titles aren't important to God. We're the ones who can't seem to get past it.

A church owes a duty of love to the community within which it operates; widows,orphans, the poor and the needy. God doesn't hide how he feels about those. You have to wonder if God actually said, " Go forth and build the largest auditorium in the world. You know such distinctions matter to me. They're what I'm all about."

Why do Nigerian pastors find it so hard to admit that they're human like the rest of us and not divine? Possibly because they're the object of the reverence and adulation that rightly belong to God. They can't seem to make decisions as human beings. The seem to need 'visions' and 'God told me' to validate anything they want to do.What's wrong with"Church, the present hall is too small for the crowds. I think we need a bigger hall. All in favour say aye"?
I'm not saying God doesn't 'talk' church leaders. But you have to wonder if He really tells them to do every single thing they do. Convenient, innit, since the church can't verify?

There seems to be a 'bigger,better,more,best' competition amongst the wealthy pentecostal churches. You have to wonder where God ends and delusions of grandeur and ego begins.

It's the government's duty to build roads and balance the budget.It's the church's privilege to love. And love isn't what you feel, it's what you do. It's their money,and there's nothing wrong with a big church hall if they have a community service record it can be balanced against.Does the church have a solid record of commitment to helping the poor,orphans,widows and of serving their communities? If so, great.
If not,SHAME!SHAME!SHAME!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by BOSS7: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2008
@ davidylan

I must say I regularly (and anonymously) read your blog (though I never left any comment) and I seem to agree with you most times. I would advise you to stop wasting your time responding to this dumb posters on this thread supporting the greedy so called "men of God" who in the actual sense are men of frauds.

I could remember in thiose days leaving my secondary school (Mayflower School) to Lagos and the journey that normally takes 45minutes sometimes takes 4hours because of the crowd this guy is commanding (just brainwashing them the wrong way).

Plus, the last time I checked, a church is meant to operate as a registered charity but these guys operate a bloody registered organisation with the sole aim of making profit.

Gawd, this pastor just sonstitutes a nuisance to the Nigerian society and he's just another headline grabbing selfish insensible man. The earlier Nigerians realise that they're being brain-washed, the better. People are even scared of facing the truth.

That place should be bloody closed down and converted to a manufacturing site. Jesus Christ!!! The express way was made for a purpose but he's accrued a massive land in the name of makinf more money for his church and yeah, is children would enjoy a massive inheritance.

Bless em.

Human Nature!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by ohismuyiwa(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2008
u dont condemn an act of God. even if the money was spent on the poor,scholarships and infrastruture. the country will still be poor. the bible clearly states that; the poor shall not cease from our mist. if you ever visit the site you will definatly know that it is the hand of God. one thing i know papa Adeboye will never do is to raise or solicit for funds from his members to build. every thing is God. so dont condemn.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2008
ohismuyiwa:

u don't condemn an act of God. even if the money was spent on the poor,scholarships and infrastruture. the country will still be poor. the bible clearly states that; the poor shall not cease from our mist. if you ever visit the site you will definatly know that it is the hand of God. one thing i know papa Adeboye will never do is to raise or solicit for funds from his members to build. every thing is God. so don't condemn.

You lost. grin grin grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MadMax1(f): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Gawd, this pastor just sonstitutes a nuisance to the Nigerian society and he's just another headline grabbing selfish insensible man.
No, he isn't.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by rafd: 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2009
y so much debate about this? Those speaking against building of auditorium to shield millions of worshippers from rain and sun while giving them a befittin place to worship God are no more than agents of the devil. U guys are been blinded by just a structure that u fail to see the impact of these churches on the lives of their members. Covenant university is one of such monumental projects by churches, role models are been created, vices been eradicated and u talk about $60m been too much for a structure of that magnitude and importance? Who made u guys judges in the first place and how many lives have u impacted as individuals? have u ever paid the school fee of any one outside ur family? Please just ask God for fogiveness for saying HIS children are too poor to own a structure as tiny and as cheap as the auditorium. MEDIOCRES!!!!!.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Badriyyah(f): 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2009
$60 million for a church and no one thinks it's wrong?? SMH.

And my dear. This Covenant University you speak of, is it free education for Christians?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by manmustwac(m): 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2009
Badriyyah:

$60 million for a church and no one thinks it's wrong?? SMH.

And my dear. This Covenant University you speak of, is it free education for Christians?
How can education atThe Covenant University be free when the Church is doing nothing to help the masses. Its just another business venture.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by REALTRUTH1: 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
rafd:

y so much debate about this? Those speaking against building of auditorium to shield millions of worshippers from rain and sun while giving them a befittin place to worship God are no more than agents of the devil. U guys are been blinded by just a structure that u fail to see the impact of these churches on the lives of their members. Covenant university is one of such monumental projects by churches, role models are been created, vices been eradicated and u talk about $60m been too much for a structure of that magnitude and importance? Who made u guys judges in the first place and how many lives have u impacted as individuals? have u ever paid the school fee of any one outside ur family? Please just ask God for fogiveness for saying HIS children are too poor to own a structure as tiny and as cheap as the auditorium. MEDIOCRES!!!!!.
Listen to me guy,,Who are those attending covenant University?do we have 3% of winners members attend the University?the answer is No.So why would members of a church that has a UNIVERSITY be going to University where their kids would bcome Cultist?Bottomline is that Jesus is Lord but some people like you would wait till the end of the world b4 you would know many of these pastors re building empires for themselves and thereby shortchanging innocent and gullible members.The spirit of greed and materialism has eaten deep into 99% of Nigerian pastors.Many of these things you see them doing re their ideas and not God.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Tudor3(m): 7:31am On May 25, 2009
Cabali come in and see. You dont need a sorcerer to tell you adeboye is a thief. There're alot of links in this thread,knock yourself out.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by solosimple(m): 11:32am On May 25, 2009
Kings and Kingdoms shall pass away
High Towers and Great Mansions shall be knocked down
But th
Eph4:11-16

How much do we spend on building the True Church of God in term of:
Prayer, Unadulterated study and teaching of God's word, exhorting one another,
correcting those who do wrong, promoting the bond of love among believers,
reaching out to the lost and contending for the faith that was delivered to us.

I think it is a disaster and a grievous sin if we allow the church of God to suffer while we are busy building gigantic edifice that would be destroyed one day.

I leave the rest to the Judge of all!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nosa77(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2009
There's nothing bad about spending money on God's house, but only if more money is spent on supporting the needy, deceloping the country, sponsoring students to school etc. if not - there is something greatly imbalanced. what type of humanitarian projects is adeboye involved in and in what scale? if he has not spent more money on this then he has many questions to answer.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Tudor3(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2009
So is god going to come down and live in the auditorium right? Misplaced priorities typical of con men like adeboye.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by KunleOshob(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2009
Well the bigger the church auditorium the more customers worshippers it can accomodate.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Tudor3(m): 2:47am On May 27, 2009
^^^ good business plan.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by seyenko(m): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2009
Acts 7 45 - 59
Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen.
Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;
Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.
But Solomon built him an house.
Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Hath not my hand made all these things?
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Phemmmy(m): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
Why are people so aggressive at discussions here.
I want to ask a question.
Are you people paid for your posts here?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by skyone(m): 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2009
I've read all your posts from chapter 1 - 16 and discovered that a lot of people here on this discussion have a big problem with progress in the work of God and positive impartation on PEOPLE'S life.

Pastor Adeboye by the Grace of God has transformed people's life positively, in an immense larger scale i must say and still maintains his stance on morality.

The Britons have not killed themselves because the QUEEN lives on the expense of tax payer's money in fact the Royal family remains one of the richest family on planet earth; and that's on tax payer's money.

Now, what do you say about this; yet we go on to criticize the man of God who is doing fantastically well in his ministry. Nairalanders please let's start thinking.

And Seun Osewa i thought you have some degree of intellect, i'm afraid some of your post are just too embarrasing.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by OREAWADOO: 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2009
and,
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by banom(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2009
See Money wey dem wasteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by skyone(m): 7:51am On Jun 20, 2009
I've read all your posts from chapter 1 - 16 and discovered that a lot of people here on this discussion have a big problem with progress in the work of God and positive impartation on PEOPLE'S life.

Pastor Adeboye by the Grace of God has transformed people's life positively, in an immense larger scale i must say and still maintains his stance on morality.

The Britons have not killed themselves because the QUEEN lives on the expense of tax payer's money in fact the Royal family remains one of the richest family on planet earth; and that's on tax payer's money.

Now, what do you say about this; yet we go on to criticize the man of God who is doing fantastically well in his ministry. Nairalanders please let's start thinking.

And Seun Osewa i thought you have some degree of intellect, i'm afraid some of your post are just too embarrasing

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killing Of Worshippers: Aftermath Video (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.