Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September (10056 Views)

APC & PDP Senators Disagree Over 2016 Budget Implementation / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim / Budget Implementation: Key To Nigeria’s Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by najoke: 11:20am On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem: She can be lying, she has lied several times even on live TV before and can still do it again.

cant stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by franchizy(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2012
Wat has d Federal to show dat 56% has been implemented. Contractors r even owed for projects executed under d 2010 budget. I urge Nigerians to disregard d claims by d Finance minister, its jst a cover up
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by vanstanzy(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2012
Does it mean that the House of RAPs' "Threat" of wanting to impeach GEJ will be possible? Just asking.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2012
vanstanzy: Does it mean that the House of RAPs' "Threat" of wanting to impeach GEJ will be possible? Just asking.

Who dash them liver grin . . . All na demo . . .
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

She did mention the constraint's of implementing new projects such as, the duration consumed in carrying out feasibility studies, after which you then proceed to the procurement phase which also takes time, before actual work commences

Didn't she mention those constraints ? . . .we need to stop exaggerating our personal opinions as fact . . .

next time, don't indulge everyone with your falsehood . . .
Guy what contraints are you talking about here,feasibility studies consume time?
The entire territory is familiar to all FG and state contractors so there is certainly no way a contract will put feasibility studies or procurement face as an excuse to cover their shortcomings,biggers contracts have been awarded to small companies in countries like Uganda,Kenya,Tanzani,bostwana and yet to delivered within the 12months time frame,how come this coming is yet to complete a single project in ovetr 12 months after spending close to 400 billion naira.

GEJ and his cohorts arer running this country dry and you are talking of contraints in carrying out feasibility studies in a familiar environment as an excuse for non implementation of a national budget

Guy park well jare
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by lookmangiw(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2012
idirect:
Login Budget Implementation #Nigeria: Error 404: implementation not found, looters Virus in system"
abeg no make get heart attack as a result of too much of laughing.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by vanstanzy(m): 11:30am On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem: To be honest, asking for 100% from these foools will be all over the top. being a realist here. Am encouraged that she said 56% has been achieved so far (july ending), thats not bad but wait a minute, what was this huge amount spent on? Lets see if the house will agree with her or not. She can be lying, she has lied several times even on live TV before and can still do it again.

No be lie. She could be lying, cos don't forget all politicians lie for a living. Their jobs as politicians depends on it.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Bolarge1(m): 11:34am On Jul 26, 2012
OUR PROBLEM WITH THE EXECUTIVES IS THAT THEY KEEP THEIR BUDGET ALLOCATED IN THE BANK TO YIELD INTEREST FOR THEM THEREBY DELAYING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PRPJECTS.

FG SHOULD BAN BANK PROFITS ON PUBLIC FUNDS TO DISCOURAGE OUR IMPLEMENTORS FROM LEAVING MONEY IN THE BANK TO YIELDING INTEREST FOR THEM.

THIS WILL HELP TO PROMOTE QUICK PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION.

Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kobojunkie: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Guy what contraints are you talking about here,feasibility studies consume time?
The entire territory is familiar to all FG and state contractors so there is certainly no way a contract will put feasibility studies or procurement face as an excuse to cover their shortcomings,biggers contracts have been awarded to small companies in countries like Uganda,Kenya,Tanzani,bostwana and yet to delivered within the 12months time frame,how come this coming is yet to complete a single project in ovetr 12 months after spending close to 400 billion naira.

GEJ and his cohorts arer running this country dry and you are talking of contraints in carrying out feasibility studies in a familiar environment as an excuse for non implementation of a national budget

Guy park well jare

Feasibility study [b]AFTER [/b]the budget has been approved? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by ifihearam: 11:37am On Jul 26, 2012
uncleb: One day Nigerians will wake up from their slumber and sentiments to confront these evil men and women their rightful place.

It is not practicable to achieve 100% budget implementation? I was deeply shocked when i heard this from aunty Ngo yesterday. it even baffles me that she wasn't even trying to explain to us that there are constraints and impediments, rather she merely told Nigerians that their government will not and cannot implement the budget to the latter.

But come to think of it, do they collect their salaries and allowances fully or not. am sure they even earn in excess of 100% because they steal and embezzle, but to put appropriate infrastructure in place, they are saying it cannot be achieved 100%.

Shai, these people no get shame. But if na from America where this madam come for some says this, yes, we all know what would have happened by now.

Shut up
That was not what she said I also listened to her stop twisting the words of people. She said no government in the world gets 100% implementation which is true they only get near full implementation like 95%. Secondly the mister of information also stressed why it is impossible because of the slow and delayed passage by the legislature hence the president has decided to take a proactive and intelligent step by submitting the appropriation bill for 2013 by september this year to enable him full implement next years budget full or near 100%.

Please and please always see things from both angles before castigating.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Demdem(m): 11:39am On Jul 26, 2012
na_joke:

cant stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dont blame me. Thats Ngozi for u. undecided undecided
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Guy what contraints are you talking about here,feasibility studies consume time?

Guy park well jare

Na you suppose park well cos if you know something you go ask for clarification . . .

Most major budgetary infrastructural project are classified as Class A projects which requires statuotary feasibility studies called the EIA before the project can even commence . . . .

Now an assignment for you bruv . .Go and find out how longs it takes to accomplish a thorough EIA finding's, reviews, before been endorsed by the requisite regulatory agencies for the project to kick off . .

When you do, come back and address me . .
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by ypzilanti: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

Na you suppose park well cos if you know something you go ask for clarification . . .

Most major budgetary infrastructural project are classified as Class A projects which requires statoutary feasibility studies called the EIA before the project can even commence . . . .

Now an assignment to you bruv . .Go and find out how longs it takes to accomplish a thorough EIA finding's, reviews, before been endorsed by the requisite regulatory agencies for the project to kick off . .

When you do, come back and address me . .

Dude, you are supposed to do feasibility before you include an item in your budget. How do you come up with a figure if feasibility has not being done? Besides most of the budget is for ONGOING projects, so EIA is done already. Are all the projects in the budget new so called class A projects?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kobojunkie: 11:49am On Jul 26, 2012
ypzilanti:

Dude, you are supposed to do feasibility before you include an item in your budget. How do you come up with a figure if feasibility has not being done? Besides [b]most of the budget is for ONGOING projects, so EIA is done already. [/b]Are all the projects in the budget new so called class A projects?

grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by ANYPEN(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2012
robinhoodd2: [color=#006600][/color]On the reports that the lower legislative chamber wants President Jonathan to implement the budget 100% before September or be impeached, she said that “there is nowhere in the country where budget is implemented 100% by September” [b]insisting that from her experience the least any country has done is 80%.[/b]am i d only 1 seeing thisif d least is 80%,then 90% should be achievable.i stand to be corrected

You're very correct by guy! If the least achievable by any country is 80%, then, we have no business going below the least.

This is people are simply confused including that one that was @ world bank. If she had had the world bank appointment, is she gonna be giving excuses?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by ANYPEN(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2012
robinhoodd2: [color=#006600][/color]On the reports that the lower legislative chamber wants President Jonathan to implement the budget 100% before September or be impeached, she said that “there is nowhere in the country where budget is implemented 100% by September” [b]insisting that from her experience the least any country has done is 80%.[/b]am i d only 1 seeing thisif d least is 80%,then 90% should be achievable.i stand to be corrected

You're very correct by guy! I noted it too. If the least achievable by any country is 80%, then, we have no business going below the least.

This is people are simply confused including that one that was @ world bank. If she had had the world bank appointment, is she gonna be giving excuses?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Oluwadare: 11:51am On Jul 26, 2012
idirect:
Login Budget Implementation #Nigeria: Error 404: implementation not found, looters Virus in system"
GUY u don killed person here ooo through atomic laugh.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Take out time to education yourself on revenue generation and process of budget implementation before coming out here display your deluded moronic post,the 56% is 340 billion naira but you should have asked yourself how much the country generate from taxes and sales of crude oil in seven months.

Your poor analysis of income outflow and inflow is pathetic, NOI and GEJ have no excuss not to implement 90% of the budget by Sepyember.

You are not even ashame to list contractor working on Lokoja-Abuja road in reference to the 2012 budget,most of those amount are paid 100% upfront even before the contractors mobilise their workers to site as that will afford them to overdraft the invoices and make huge money from the said contracts.

There are more evil going on in this govt than what we assumed.

Ol'boy, do you know what a budget is? Did you see the 2012 national budget?

If you don't/haven't, then shut up!
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 26, 2012
The saga continues......
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Vigilante: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2012
tiarabubu: Madam NOI has a point.

Money inflows dont come in one go. Taxes are collected everyday - not once. Crude is exported every day - not once. The budget is based on anticipated income - not income in a bank. The MDA's capacity to spend is progressive. Eg the contractor working on Abuja - Lokoja Road works progressively and is paid as work is done. He is not paid up front or in bulk. Civil servants are paid salaries MONTHLY and by september only 75% of the salaries for the year would have been paid (ie 7/12 x 100)- they are not paid yearly. And considering that overheads are major component of the budget.

For these reasons, I think she has a point that its impossible to implement the budget 100% by September, unless the National Assembly and the Executive agreed on the programme of expenditure (i.e. quarterly or monthly) that they can hold on to, but then the variances in the inflows and outflows of revenue monthly will render that a guide at best.

I think its all politics. The national assembly is most likely mad at the Executive cos of the Facrook and Otedollar scandal which they see as being engineered by the Presidency. This shadow boxing is all horse trading. No sooner than later, a compromise will be found, Otedollar and Facrook will be given a soft landing and Nigerians will all be loosers yet again. Phew!

Income doesn't come once yet expenditure is done in oné fell swoop?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
I think the greatest enemy of many Nairalanders is understanding of English, NOI Stated:
On the reports that the lower legislative chamber wants President Jonathan to implement the budget 100% before September or be impeached, she said that “there is nowhere in the country where budget is implemented 100% by September” insisting that from her experience the least any country has done is 80%.
She did not say the administration will execute 80%, she said the least they can do is 80%, meaning, they will certainly execute between 80% to 99% by September.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
ypzilanti:

Dude, you are supposed to do feasibility before you include an item in your budget. How do you come up with a figure if feasibility has not being done? Besides most of the budget is for ONGOING projects, so EIA is done already. Are all the projects in the budget new so called class A projects?

Point one dude, I said most major Infrastructural projects are classified as Class A projects which require EIA . . .hope you didn't miss that part

off course not all budgetary implementation requires EIA if they don't involve massive structural construction . . .

Point two:- when new bids are advertised within a short stipulated period of time . .tendering bids has to deal with the estimated cost of the project's from experience and expertise . .it doesn't involve an EIA studies cos that alone can span several months . .

Point three : - Do you know what an EIA report entails ?, with studies which might cater for both drying and raining season duration, in trying to ascertain the level of environmental impacts Your project might cause

Point Four :- I made specific reference to projects requiring EIA studies before commencing . . .

All in line with Iweala view on the constraint's in the implementation of New Projects
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by najoke: 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: I think the greatest enemy of many Nairalanders is understanding of English, NOI Stated:
On the reports that the lower legislative chamber wants President Jonathan to implement the budget 100% before September or be impeached, she said that “there is nowhere in the country where budget is implemented 100% by September” insisting that from her experience the least any country has done is 80%.
She did not say the administration will execute 80%, she said the least they can do is 80%, meaning, they will certainly execute between 80% to 99% by September.

And here comes laptop em..eyes rolling shocked...yes grin...002 talking trash as usual.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kobojunkie: 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
I really think Nigerians should spend time studying the Budget on a regular basis.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
na_joke:

And here comes laptop em..eyes rolling shocked...yes grin...002 talking trash as usual.
Why do you chose to insult my person when there is an issue to tackle constructively ? Are you suffering from ignoramus coccidioidomycosis ?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by najoke: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Why do you chose to insult my person when there is an issue to tackle constructively ? Are you suffering from ignoramus coccidioidomycosis ?

still talking trash as usual
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
na_joke:

still talking trash as usual
I will forgive you this time since your monika shows that you are another political Ajax Bukana
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by doublej1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
The best script writer for the world na naija government. Wetin dey do us self? I no blame government, our government no say mumu and iti dey among us. And dem no say the sensible ones among us na potential mumu because mumu wey dey follow mumu argue na mumu.
My people when you see mumu dey talk no give am answer because you don give im mumuness chance make im grow.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by najoke: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: I will forgive you this time since your monika shows that you are another political Ajax Bukana

aint convinced,lappy 002 still talking trash grin grin grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by najoke: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
double j1: The best script writer for the world na naija government. Wetin dey do us self? I no blame government, our government no say mumu and iti dey among us. And dem no say the sensible ones among us na potential mumu because mumu wey dey follow mumu argue na mumu.
My people when you see mumu dey talk no give am answer because you don give im mumuness chance make im grow.

Well said
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by brownlord: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
dtemidare:

keep queit. what do you know about running a government. The fact still remains that we do not see the things they see. If you are made the president of Nigeria tomorrow i bet you, you will not last a day. it is only when you are in there shoes that you will be able to fanthom what difficulties they are passing through.

Was he GEJ appointed to become president of Nigeria? why are you this foolish, so you already knowing you lack the ability to govern he foolishly gave Nigerians his life history and everybody out of pity voted him in with the hope of been the long awaited messiah and now you are defending him, are now mad or what, did you read that before posting it or you just writing to belong?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by ypzilanti: 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

Point one dude, I said most major Infrastructural projects are classified as Class A projects which require EIA . . .hope you didn't miss that part

off course not all budgetary implementation requires EIA if they don't involve massive structural construction . . .

Point two:- when new bids are advertised within a short stipulated period of time . .tendering bids has to deal with the estimated cost of the project's from experience and expertise . .it doesn't involve an EIA studies cos that alone can span several months . .

Point three : - Do you know what an EIA report entails ?, [b[with studies which might cater for both drying and raining season duration[/b] in ascertaining the level of environmental impacts Your project might cause

I made specific reference to the EIA

So the countries who execute 80% and Lagos State that is on 75% capital budget performance are Super-Human?

So a budget is just an annual ritual with no use since EIA will always stop you from executing your vision within a calendar year.

So NOI would have been doing 30% performance on world bank jobs if she became world bank presido?

She can do a lot better. I think GEJ is a bad influence on her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bombshell!!! El-rufai, Aisha Kicks As Osinbajo Meet With Service Chiefs / Lawan: Those Who Elected Us Don’t Know Our Role / Osinbajo To Nigerian Youths: You Can’t Make Changes Without Joining Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.