Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September (10054 Views)

APC & PDP Senators Disagree Over 2016 Budget Implementation / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim / Budget Implementation: Key To Nigeria’s Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by muktarmtt(m): 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
@wesed u fool she's professional my foot u r stupid. To. Say nobody knw anytin implementing budgetapart frm her u r number fool I ever see abeg if u dnt anyting to say jst shut d Bleep up look hw she make mouth on TV talking abt trasnformation u cnt even implement budget it's how u cn transform 9ja give us a break if u cnt do it den live d office bring back our money.look at now even salary e go enter anodar month b4 dey pay it everytin is geting out of hand we need to vote dis ppl out of osoko rock dey faild us big time God 4nish dem.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by JacobReamen(m): 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
issshshsh! I don't know why, am begining to hate this GJ led administration cos nothing is working at all. Kai God!
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: I used Benin-Ore road an example you fool, that road was included in the 2011 and nothing was done till 2012. I drove on that road few days back on my way back from meeting in Benin and I can authoritatively say to your dumb ears that the road is in no where near 70% completion let alone your assumed 80%.

Let me refresh your mind again. .We were talking about 'New Projects here" . .And your Benin Ore example wasn't necessary . .

And btw, Benin to Lagos that hitherto used last as long as 7- 8 hours a few years ago, is now cut short to the usual 4 hours, which happens to be the normal duration during transit . .

So fella, what is your assessment of the road and relate your answers to the embolden above . .

chucky234: have you ever see Environmental Impact Assesment report? In a road construction contract involving an existing roads there is certainly no need for EIA evaluation and I expected you to have asked yourself how many of such roads awarded to contractors are new roads.

If the construction involves massive expansion and upgrade in existing infrastructure, to the detriment of the adjoining environment . .EIA will suffice . .but if it entails just an upgrade or expansion with potential minimal environmental damage, The EIA study can be waved aside . .

I had to clear here before we proceed . . .

chucky234: 90% of the roads under construction are already existing roads and that makes NOI's claim a faulty one to me, in a developing country like Nigeria you expect the govt to put in place that fast track the process of implementation and execution of projects awarded to contractors and should never stand as hinderance to budget implementation.

Again bros, Iweala claim is not faulty, cos she was referring to the limitation of new projects, while at the same time informing us that the current budget appraisal rating is 56 % of released funds. . .

chucky234:
If the govt employ competent individuals who are professionals in the right places we would not spend several months on feasibility studies or EIA evaluation as the so called environment you refered to are familiar places that need to introduction to a professional on the field.

Bros, Feasibility studies like the[b] EIA can never be fast tracked [/b]. .Infact, it takes a quack to hurry up an EIA report cos he/she will leave numerous important vital components out . . . The saying goes, that no EIA report is ever fool proof cos holes will still be picked by your peers and other professional's . .so the onus is on a professional to do a thorough honest job that will stand the test of time even among the most ruthless antagonistic critics

Critical areas like the Socio-economic and Cultural impacts of the EIA study, which involves consultation with the public can stall a lots of project's spanning months , especially with the greedy nature of certain communities to demand compensation and normal resistance to minor sacrifices

chucky234: its only in Nigeria that you have contracts/projects drag for years without completion even when the contract amount has been paid 100% to the contractors.
Something and everything is wrong with the govt and include the implementation of the said budget.

I won't deny the fact that this scenario is tenable and can occur, especially with our endemic culture of corruption . . .But, corruption is not a Nigerian exclusive, afterall, we are not topping the global corruption index wink. . .

chucky234:
Something and everything is wrong with the govt and include the implementation of the said budget.

You might correct in saying something is wrong, but saying everything is wrong is incorrect . . .Dedeike often reels out on going road projects across the country and some folks try to aim futile jabs to discredit his hard cold facts grin. . .

Things are happening and yes, we need to improve on our budget implementation.

chucky234:
Few days back it was the issue of PIB implementation which the govt refused to implement until a cloned copy found its into circulation and you are giving such figure heads credit for implementing 56% of annual budget in the last week of July,guy wake up if you are sleeping.

Bros, the excuses the previous session's of the NASS gave about their failure in debating the previous version of the PIB bill, was the proliferation of varying PIB bills at the floor of the National assembly . . .

This time the executive made sure they sealed that angle by imputing a water mark signature to separate the authentic version from what ever PIB version in the wild . . .That to me is on point.

So your assumption that they only released it when a fake version appeared is not correct . .And am also wide awake bros grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

Let me refresh your mind again. .We were talking about 'New Projects here" . .And your Benin Ore example wasn't necessary . .

And btw, Benin to Lagos that hitherto used last as long as 7- 8 hours a few years ago, is now cut short to the usual 4 hours, which happens to be the normal duration during transit . .

So fella, what is your assessment of the road and relate your answers to the embolden above . .

If the construction involves massive expansion and upgrade in existing infrastructure, to the detriment of the adjoining environment . .EIA will suffice, often classified as a Class B project . .but if it entails just an upgrade or expansion with potential minimal environmental damage, which might also be classified as a Class C project . .The EIA study can be waved aide . .

I had to clear here before we proceed . . .

Again bros, Iweala claim is not faulty, cos she was referring to the limitation of new projects, while at the same time informing us that the current budget appraisal rating is 56 % of released funds. . .

Bros, Feasibility studies like the[b] EIA can never be fast tracked [/b]. .Infact, it takes a quack to hurry up an EIA report cos he/she will leave numerous important vital components out . . . The saying goes, that no EIA report is ever fool proof cos holes will still be picked by your peers and other professional's . .so the onus is on a professional to do a thorough honest job that will stand the test of time even among the most ruthless antagonistic critics

Critical areas like the Socio-economic and Cultural impacts of the EIA study, which involves consultation with the public can stall a lot of projects spanning months , especially with the greedy nature of certain communities to demand compensation and normal resistance to minor sacrifices

I won't deny the fact that this scenario is tenable and can occur, especially with our endemic culture of corruption . . .But, corruption is not a Nigerian exclusive, afterall, we are not topping the global corruption index wink. . .

You might correct in saying something is wrong, but saying everything is wrong is incorrect . . .Dedeike often reels out on going road projects across the country and some folks try to aim futile jabs to discredit his hard cold facts grin. . .

Things are happening and yes, we need to improve on our budget implementation.

Bros, the excuses the previous session's of the NASS gave about their failure in debating the previous version of the PIB bill, was the proliferation of varying PIB bills at the floor of the National assembly . . .

This time the executive made sure they sealed that angle by imputing a water mark signature to separate the authentic version from what ever PIB version in the wild . . .That to me is on point.

So your assumption that they only released it when a fake version appeared is not correct . .And am also wide awake bros grin

I am driving,will post my rebuttal when I get home.
Consider yourself a worthy opponent but don't be carried away as am going to bounce on you real bad.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: I am driving,will post my rebuttal when I get home.
Consider yourself a worthy opponent but don't be carried away as am going to bounce on you real bad.

No let's LASTMA catch you oo! shocked . . Texting and driving na big offense . . . .In short na 20K fine . .Anyway, drive safely bruv . . .I dey wait grin .. . .. .
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by nimi1: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
you want figures, they give you figures which are as believable as election results in Nigeria. it is apparent the national assembly does not want true figures by the impeachment threat. what the government has confirmed is that what they could not achieve in 6 months was done in a month with little motivation by the impeachment threat.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
robinhoodd2: [color=#006600][/color]On the reports that the lower legislative chamber wants President Jonathan to implement the budget 100% before September or be impeached, she said that “there is nowhere in the country where budget is implemented 100% by September” [b]insisting that from her experience the least any country has done is 80%.[/b]am i d only 1 seeing thisif d least is 80%,then 90% should be achievable.i stand to be corrected
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by taharqa: 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Defend what slowpoke, did you go through my posts on this thread from page one? It took a government seven months to implement 56% of an annual budget and you dumbly believe they can achieve another 43% in two months,I can see where you are coming from. A clueless goon, 56% according to NOI represent N324bn out of the N404bn released so far.
In your dumb head you cannot figure out the effect such amount can have on this economy if properly implemented, your case is a lost one and I feel sorry for you.
Between 2011 and March 2012 GEJ govt borrowed N1.2tn and yet no tangible results to show for it and you are here displaying your stu;pidity in public.
I think b4 you 'shout'(ie assert) with confidence u shld check tru d info u re presenting 1st plz. The budget is nt 7 months old, it is under 4 months(it was signd in April), so d 54% rate is for less dan a 4 month period-do u still tink dat it can nt get to near d top percentiles within d remaining 8 months?..pluz u 4got to comment on d info dat last yr's budget implementatn rate was 83%(a real significant improvement ova d average rate of bout 40% since d return of democracy- wont it be seen as a gud improvement?)
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by taharqa: 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
Delafruita:
seriously,i wonder how you and the other laptop squad think.in 2007,obasanjo's final budget allocated 56% to capital expenditure and 44% to recurrent expenditure.5years later,goodluck jonathan allocates 76%to recurrent and 24% to capital expenditure.even if he achieves 80% budget implementation,we all know recurrent will be fully implemented meaning its only 4% of capital that will have been implemented.thats the grouse of the opposition in the national assembly and thats why femi gbaja referred to it as an abracadabra budget.the reason for insisting on 100% implementation is based on the fact that we alll know the recurrent will be executed fully,by requesting 100% implementation,femi gbaja is asking that the capital expenditure must also be fully implemented.is that too difficult to understand?
I think u hv got to b more careful of d kind of info dat u post on a public forum. The 2007 Recurrent budget was nt 44% bt bout 64%(meaning that d Capital component was 36%).the Recurrent kept increasing to d 70%range tru out Yar'adua's tenure to a height of 74% last yr(primarily driven by d huge Security vote 4 d Nija Delta crisis nd den d Boko crisis last yr); GEJ reducd it to bout 72% in dis yr's budget(which is admittedly still too high- though dat it has nw startd to go down is to be noted, just as d higher budget implementation rate of 83% last yr-both of which has finally startd to reverse a very bad trend)...once again u guys shld stop distorting info in oda to argue yr points
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by taharqa: 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
Delafruita:
ignoramus.budget of last year was implemented to 83% in your dream abi.no be this country you dey when subsidy kasala burst?isnt it the money that should have been used to build roads,schools,hospitals etc that was used to pay for bogus subsidy?even if the government claims 83% implementation,we know 78% of last year's budget was for recurrent and since no government agency returned money,that means recurrent was used up while capital expenditure only achieved 5% implementation.so you expect us to shout halleluyah that our government knows how to spend but not how to make lifebetter for us.
Are u saying that just 5% of last yr's d Capital budget was implementd?(plz i wud advice u strongly to familirize yrself more wit budget matas b4 assertin views on it in public)...talking bout reading, plz use yr google on 2011 budget rate of implement- as at 31st March,2012, d rate of implementatn was 83%
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Jul 27, 2012
taharqa: I think b4 you 'shout'(ie assert) with confidence u shld check tru d info u re presenting 1st plz. The budget is nt 7 months old, it is under 4 months(it was signd in April), so d 54% rate is for less dan a 4 month period-do u still tink dat it can nt get to near d top percentiles within d remaining 8 months?..pluz u 4got to comment on d info dat last yr's budget implementatn rate was 83%(a real significant improvement ova d average rate of bout 40% since d return of democracy- wont it be seen as a gud improvement?)

The budget is not a monthly budget but for the fiscal Year. No matter when it was approved, it is for the whole year, and not just the 7 or 5 months left in the year. So you don't really consider percentage implementation on the monthly basis as you suggest. The budget was approved on the assumption that all projects that money was being approved for were good to go as soon as approved.

Also, This is not the first time a budget has been approved in months into the year. I mean that is typical. Last year, it was also approved in May. 2010 was approved in March by POPPI, but it was not approved 1st day of the year.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by phildon: 6:06am On Jul 27, 2012
...but 100 percent petrol subsidy removal was possible. Her picture merely reminds me of that pig- Napoleon in Animal Farm
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by nimi1: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How can she be right? She is already working on the 2013 budget, and I bet you that there will be a lot of ONGOING PROJECTS on that list, and requests for more money for these projects in there. Why is it not feasible to expect 100% implementation, and at least 3 months of work/progress report, on most every project we allocated money for this year?

She is right and really on point as well!
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by nimi1: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
phildon: ...but 100 percent petrol subsidy removal was possible. Her picture merely reminds me of that pig- Napoleon in Animal Farm

Bring your strong case! Not abuses! U cant championed your argument wit foul language. it is not possible.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2012
nimi1:

She is right and really on point as well!

HOW? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christmas: NSCDC Deploys 55,000 Personnel, Sniffer Dogs / President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring / Ajaokuta Steel To Operate At Full Capacity By 2017 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.