Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September (10055 Views)

APC & PDP Senators Disagree Over 2016 Budget Implementation / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim / Budget Implementation: Key To Nigeria’s Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
manny4life:

How much can it do our economy? Perhaps you should enlighten us because we really don't know. A $25.1 billion budget for 160million + Nigerians is where you want to see instant effect. Continue to wait till it affects you, fold your hands till it affect you, time will tell.

You just have to pity that sedetary regionalized dolt . . .
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by manny4life(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Guess you are on something,can't even understand what you are quoting me for.

Coming from Mr. CRITIC like you, I will reiterate for you so you can better understand, apparently listening and understanding isn't your forte. So here it goes again

chucky234: Have you noticed the effect of the 56% already implemented because I am still struggling to find any,do you know how much 56% represent and how much that can do in our economy in 12months?

You see the bold portion is where I replied you back.

manny4life:

How much can it do our economy? Perhaps you should enlighten us because we really don't know. A $25.1 billion budget for 160million + Nigerians is where you want to see instant effect. Continue to wait till it affects you, fold your hands till it affect you, time will tell.

You asked a question "DO YOU KNOW", so since we don't know, we're asking for your enlightenment because we know Nigeria's budget is under $26 billion for 150million + Nigerians.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by israelbenzion: 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
duality:

kindly prove the highlighted. or forever hold thy peace. will you pay any contractor 100% upfront?

Ordinarily, NO. But in Nigeria, it happens all the time. Bulletine Ltd received 100% from Omehia during his brif reign as Gov of Rivers State, for d construction of Eliozu fly-over.
Many do it for kick-backs sake: wen ur cut is 20% of d contract value, u pay up front and collect ur share so that even if anytin happens tomorrow u r already covered.
Disclaimer: I am not suggesting that that was d case in the Lokoja Road example.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

You just have to pity that sedetary regionalized dolt . . .
Look who is talking poo, its a pity you a dumb a$$ to call me regionalised dolt.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
israel ben-zion:

Ordinarily, NO. But in Nigeria, it happens all the time. Bulletine Ltd received 100% from Omehia during his brif reign as Gov of Rivers State, for d construction of Eliozu fly-over.
Many do it for kick-backs sake: wen ur cut is 20% of d contract value, u pay up front and collect ur share so that even if anytin happens tomorrow u r already covered.
Disclaimer: I am not suggesting that that was d case in the Lokoja Road example.
Tell Manny4life and poo Jmain cos they don't know sh:it, imaging govt paying 100% upfront even before contractors commence mobilization of workers to site
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Look who is talking poo, its a pity you a dumb a$$ to call me regionalised dolt.

of course you are . .Now, have you done my assignment undecided
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by manny4life(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Tell Manny4life and poo Jmain cos they don't know sh:it, imaging govt paying 100% upfront even before contractors commence mobilization of workers to site

STOP talking/rambling thrash and answer the damn question. You said

chucky234: Have you noticed the effect of the 56% already implemented because I am still struggling to find any,do you know how much 56% represent and how much that can do in our economy in 12months?

Defend what you said or SHUT UP. cool cool cool
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by ANYPEN(m): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
dtemidare:

keep queit. what do you know about running a government. The fact still remains that we do not see the things they see. If you are made the president of Nigeria tomorrow i bet you, you will not last a day. it is only when you are in there shoes that you will be able to fanthom what difficulties they are passing through.

This person is soo sick!
If GEJ can run a government, then anybody can except ofcourse you that thinks to be a president you need two heads
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

of course you are . .Now, have you done my assignment undecided
Read my quote to your dumb clueless and pointless post, you are talking of Class A projets and yet cannot list any of such proejcts embarked on by this government and duly completed in the last 12 months whereas the same government have been awarding contracts to contractors then pay 100% of such contracts upfront just get their kickbacks settled by those contracts.

You also shameless talked about reviews and findings by EIA,that shows how clueless moronic you are.

Guess you are just one of those 20yrs old roaming freely on NL
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kx: 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
Little wonder she did not land the world bank job.

100% budget implementation not possible? Is nt that ngozicomics and not economics?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
manny4life:

STOP talking/rambling thrash and answer the damn question. You said

Defend what you said or SHUT UP. cool cool cool
Defend what slowpoke, did you go through my posts on this thread from page one? It took a government seven months to implement 56% of an annual budget and you dumbly believe they can achieve another 43% in two months,I can see where you are coming from. A clueless goon, 56% according to NOI represent N324bn out of the N404bn released so far.
In your dumb head you cannot figure out the effect such amount can have on this economy if properly implemented, your case is a lost one and I feel sorry for you.
Between 2011 and March 2012 GEJ govt borrowed N1.2tn and yet no tangible results to show for it and you are here displaying your stu;pidity in public.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Delafruita(m): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: I think the greatest enemy of many Nairalanders is understanding of English, NOI Stated:
On the reports that the lower legislative chamber wants President Jonathan to implement the budget 100% before September or be impeached, she said that “there is nowhere in the country where budget is implemented 100% by September” insisting that from her experience the least any country has done is 80%.
She did not say the administration will execute 80%, she said the least they can do is 80%, meaning, they will certainly execute between 80% to 99% by September.
even if they do 90%,we all know 76% will go to recurrent.so the only part that wont be fully implemented will be the part that is for the masses i.e. capital expenditure.does that make sense?even if they decide to allocate just 24% to us,the least we can demand is to require them to fully implement that 24%.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Delafruita(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
manny4life: In a country where 39% is achieved, meanwhile 56% has been achieved so far with possibility for up to 80%, that's why we have complaints. Dr. NOI, please carry on with your good works, leave all the drunk haters to hate... grin grin grin
seriously,i wonder how you and the other laptop squad think.in 2007,obasanjo's final budget allocated 56% to capital expenditure and 44% to recurrent expenditure.5years later,goodluck jonathan allocates 76%to recurrent and 24% to capital expenditure.even if he achieves 80% budget implementation,we all know recurrent will be fully implemented meaning its only 4% of capital that will have been implemented.thats the grouse of the opposition in the national assembly and thats why femi gbaja referred to it as an abracadabra budget.the reason for insisting on 100% implementation is based on the fact that we alll know the recurrent will be executed fully,by requesting 100% implementation,femi gbaja is asking that the capital expenditure must also be fully implemented.is that too difficult to understand?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Delafruita(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
taharqa: For yr info last yr's budget was implementd at 83%(which is a rate double d rate of implementatn of previous govts since return to democracy), nd already dis yr's budget is at 56% implementatn(considerin dat we re still within 4 months of d budget-it was signd in April-me thinks d budget is on its way to bn even beta implementd). Also, apart 4rm d fact dat one cannot get 100% any where, u guys shld be honest to yrselves enough to kw dat d mess wit budget implementatn is bn wit us 4 too long nd dat it is there4 bcome partly institutional so wud tk sm time b4 we cm out clean(which shld color d appreciatn of d rate nd work bn done by dis govt). The high Recurrent budget(at bout 73%) is hweva a shame nd requires a complete overhaul of d federal structure nd real significant cut in unnecessary bureaucracies,cost,waste nd corruptn in govts across board
ignoramus.budget of last year was implemented to 83% in your dream abi.no be this country you dey when subsidy kasala burst?isnt it the money that should have been used to build roads,schools,hospitals etc that was used to pay for bogus subsidy?even if the government claims 83% implementation,we know 78% of last year's budget was for recurrent and since no government agency returned money,that means recurrent was used up while capital expenditure only achieved 5% implementation.so you expect us to shout halleluyah that our government knows how to spend but not how to make lifebetter for us.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by manny4life(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Defend what slowpoke, did you go through my posts on this thread from page one? It took a government seven months to implement 56% of an annual budget and you dumbly believe they can achieve another 43% in two months,I can see where you are coming from. A clueless goon, 56% according to NOI represent N324bn out of the N404bn released so far.
In your dumb head your cannot figure out the effect such amount can have on this economy if properly implemented, your case is a lost one and I feel sorry for you.
In the past between 2011 and March 2012 GEJ govt borrowed N1.2tn and yet non tangible results to show for it and you are here displaying you stu;pidity in public.

How is it my fault that you ramble a lot; the time you spend rambling, if you use that time to listen and THINK, perhaps, before you spew your usual thrash, you'll piece words together.

Firstly, I'm not under ANY obligation to go through your post, you made a suggestive statement, I asked you to clarify your stance by enlightening us, rather you're throwing tantrums and insults... WOW shocked shocked shocked A very common trait amongst critics and haters alike.

Second, if you were so SMART and INTELLIGENT, you should have asked yourself, WHEN DID NASS PASS THE BUDGET? Becasue from the time they passed the budget, and when the president signed i, till now isn't 7months... AGAIN, think.

Jmaine asked you to research before opening your mouth, I endorse it.

Thirdly, in a rebuttal to your claims abot 56%/43% respectively, if Dr. NOI achieves at least 80% of her implementation, then she has my blessing because given the time budget was finally approved by NASS, I think she achieved the feat.

Again, your usual tantrums, I asked, please tell us the benefits or SHUT UP. You expect instant effect on $25billion budget, an approximate of $156 per capita/yr, for 160million + Nigerians, and you want effect? Effect in where exactly? Infrastructures? Education? Where exactly? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US AND STOP YOUR BICKERING.

Look, STOP putting your hands everywhere and let's focus on the benefits you talk about. Let's take it one step before another.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by manny4life(m): 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
Delafruita:
seriously,i wonder how you and the other laptop squad think.in 2007,obasanjo's final budget allocated 56% to capital expenditure and 44% to recurrent expenditure.5years later,goodluck jonathan allocates 76%to recurrent and 24% to capital expenditure.even if he achieves 80% budget implementation,we all know recurrent will be fully implemented meaning its only 4% of capital that will have been implemented.thats the grouse of the opposition in the national assembly and thats why femi gbaja referred to it as an abracadabra budget.the reason for insisting on 100% implementation is based on the fact that we alll know the recurrent will be executed fully,by requesting 100% implementation,femi gbaja is asking that the capital expenditure must also be fully implemented.is that too difficult to understand?

I don't get the reason why you guy EVER have to lie? 56% capital expenditures? WOW cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dude, if you have any historical records to support your claims, POST IT. grin grin grin

When you post it, then we can take your argument from there.

You should also state what OBJ budget was for the how many years he was in power, nevertheless, I still like to see something that supports your claims for 2007.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: Read my quote to your dumb clueless and pointless post, you are talking of Class A projets and yet cannot list any of such proejcts embarked on by this government and duly completed in the last 12 months whereas the same government have been awarding contracts to contractors then pay 100% of such contracts upfront just get their kickbacks settled by those contracts.

You also shameless talked about reviews and findings by EIA,that shows how clueless moronic you are.

Guess you are just one of those 20yrs old roaming freely on NL

You are just a useless noise maker . .sadly, noise making doesn't equate to points . . .I gave you initial clues when i mentioned Major infrastructural development . .

Few clues to a Class A ediot, Class A projects generally involves any massive building and construction projects that will alter the pristine nature of the environment . .E.G, A new road construction demands an EIA cos the environment/ habitat will be destroyed/altered to pave way for the new project.

Investing in the education sector might involve, building new Secondary schools, vocational centers, Universities; building new massive structures to cater for the influx of prospective candidates . . .EIA will be required before anything takes off . . .

Investing in the transportation sector involves new road networks, bridges e.t.c . .It also involves EIA . . .

When you talk about the the huge deficits in our infrastructural development, and how to curtail it . .am sure you will blab about the need to expand existing facilities while building new ones

Now Fool, those massive projects meant to address our huge infrastructural deficit in all sectors of our economy, demand an EIA, dependent on the likely impact it might have on the environment

Dr Iweala, simply mentioned feasibility studies as one of those factors that militate against the instant take off of new budgeted projects. but A Class A ediot who lacks certain knowledge of certain requirements chose to attack her foolishly

If you must criticise, make sure you are not ignorant
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pergrace: Please,What exactly do we mean by budget implementation?
Is it the amount of money released alone or the completion of projects realised based on the budget released?

From the way I see it, budget implementation really refers to COMMENCEMENT of projects that are allocated for. Not completion really. Typically, before money is allocated, feasibility studies have already been done and as thorough as possible investigations on possible costs have been carried out BEFORE proposal is then sent to NASS for approval. Once approved, the money is intended to be made available to project implementer to go right ahead and start work on the projects.
I keep stressing that well over 80% of the allocations in this years budget are towards ONGOING PROJECTS, so I see no reason why, at this time, these projects have not at least been updated. If you read the excuse we are being given here, you will note that the complete is not that the resources are not available. No, what Okonjo Iweala is blaming here is the late approval of the budget.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

You are just a useless noise maker . .sadly, noise making doesn't equate to points . . .I gave you initial clues when i mentioned Major infrastructural development . .

Few clues to a Class A ediot, Class A projects generally involves any massive building and construction projects that will alter the pristine nature of the environment . .E.G, A new road construction demands an EIA cos the environment/ habitat will be destroyed/altered to pave way for the new project.

Investing in the education sector might involve, building new Universities, building new massive structures to cater for the influx of prospective candidates . . .EIA will be required before anything takes off . . .

Investing in the transportation sector involves new road networks, bridges e.t.c . .It also involves EIA . . .

When you talk about the the huge deficits in our infrastructural development, and how to curtail it . .am sure you will blab about the need to expand existing facilities while building new ones

Now Fool, those massive projects meant to address our huge infrastructural deficit in all sectors of our economy, demand an EIA, dependent on the likely impact it might have on the environment

Dr Iweala, simply mentioned feasibility studies as one of those factors that militate against the instant take off of new budgeted projects. but A Class A ediot who lacks certain knowledge of certain requirements chose to attack her foolishly

If you must criticise, make sure you are not ignorant

Where is this fool coming from,I asked you to list some of the class A projects already embarked on and duly completed by this govt since 2011 yet you can't even expansiate your claims.
I gave you examples of similar contracts awarded to contractors in Uganda,Kenya and Bostwana that were duly executed within the given 12 months time frame, why then you cannot point to a sinlge Class A project already completed and commissioned by this govt as you foolishly claimed.
Road construction as you mentioned is of the A class projects that requires Environmenta Impact Assesment evaluation,is that to say that the Benin-Ore road has been under review and EIA evaluation over the years despite 70% of contract amount for the construction paid to the contractor(s).

From your point of view feasibility studies should take six months before the implementation of budget,I can see how stu:pid you are.

It took me just two weeks to complete a feasibility study in three states for a German company in 2008 and I was able to cover all aspect of the projects,guess you don't even know what feasibility study is that's why it sounded like an uphill task to you when your NOI mentioned feasibility studies as one of the hinderances to budget implmentation.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by jmaine: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234:
Road construction as you mentioned is of the A class projects that requires Environmenta Impact Assesment evaluation,is that to say that the Benin-Ore road has been under review and EIA evaluation over the years despite 70% of contract amount for the construction paid to the contractor(s).

From your point of view feasibility studies should take six months before the implementation of budget,I can see how stu:pid you are.

It took me just two weeks to complete a feasibility study in three states for a German company in 2008 and I was able to cover all aspect of the projects,guess you don't even know what feasibility study is that's why it sounded like an uphill task to you when your NOI mentioned feasibility studies as one of the hinderances to budget implmentation.

Ediot, is the Benin -Ore road a New project Dr Iweala was referring to . .are you this daft that simple sentences elude you . . that road is even 80% complete . .a huge improvement from the former state . .

You did feasibility studies in 3 states for 2 weeks, when we are talking of serious projects that might involve[b] duration study. we are not talking about lowkey projects here [/b] . . . . . . . .am sure the two weeks included your writting a full report, submitting it to the regulatory agencies, receiving the review copy Abi undecided . . you are not talking to a novice dude . .

Below is what happens to huge designated government/parastatal/private projects =====>

Government/agencies places an advert for bids within a stipulated short period of time . .companies put in their bids matching their estimated view and cost . .

The company who then wins the contract approaches the Ministry of Environment seeking to carry out the statuotary EIA study to which permission will be granted . .After, which the Firm commences full EIA studies .

Dude, a thorough EIA study involves serious cost and no company will go ahead to carry out any study when they are not even sure of winning the contract . .Common sense 101

I doubt your an environmental consultant cos these things are basic knowledge . .

Again Iweala assertion that Feasibility studies slows down the instant take off of new projects still stands

Keywords =====> New budgeted projects

P:S ------> New projects for 2012 starts counting from April 1, 2012, . .Don't get it twisted...
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Pergrace: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

From the way I see it, budget implementation really refers to COMMENCEMENT of projects that are allocated for. Not completion really. Typically, before money is allocated, feasibility studies have already been done and as thorough as possible investigations on possible costs have been carried out BEFORE proposal is then sent to NASS for approval. Once approved, the money is intended to be made available to project implementer to go right ahead and start work on the projects.
I keep stressing that well over 80% of the allocations in this years budget are towards ONGOING PROJECTS, so I see no reason why, at this time, these projects have not at least been updated. If you read the excuse we are being given here, you will note that the complete is not that the resources are not available. No, what Okonjo Iweala is blaming here is the late approval of the budget.

thanks for the clarification smiley
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
taharqa: For yr info last yr's budget was implementd at 83%(which is a rate double d rate of implementatn of previous govts since return to democracy), nd already dis yr's budget is at 56% implementatn(considerin dat we re still within 4 months of d budget-it was signd in April-me thinks d budget is on its way to bn even beta implementd). Also, apart 4rm d fact dat one cannot get 100% any where, u guys shld be honest to yrselves enough to kw dat d mess wit budget implementatn is bn wit us 4 too long nd dat it is there4 bcome partly institutional so wud tk sm time b4 we cm out clean(which shld color d appreciatn of d rate nd work bn done by dis govt). The high Recurrent budget(at bout 73%) is hweva a shame nd requires a complete overhaul of d federal structure nd real significant cut in unnecessary bureaucracies,cost,waste nd corruptn in govts across board

a) 2011 Budget was approved in May 2011

b) Last year, it was announced that well over 20,0000 Projects remained in abandoned mode(many of them paid for, and there would be an inquiry to ensure that money already paid would be returned to the Nigerian people, even as the Government proceeded with ensuring these projects were all eventually implemented. Not to say that the 20,000 were abandoned in 2011, but just pointing out we have a backlog and we probably need to aim for well over 100% each year, for the next 10 years maybe, to "catch up".

c) Well over 80% of projects approved in this year's budget are projects from last year.

d) Okonjo Iweala did not anywhere state that the reason she is not currently above 56% is because of unavailability of resources.

So why can't we be at higher than 56% at this point in the year? Why do we need to wait to start even more of the projects? If you visit the federal tenders site, you will not that no projects were listed for the month of July. So, maybe we should ask what the hold up is?
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by timilehin007(m): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
...Bleep you ma, we have heard enough ☀̤̣̈̇f your gibberish we are not retard as you people take us for. I know one day, one day soon God will judge you people.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
Imagine if this fat, educated-illiterate oaf had won the job as World Bank President. . . she would have thrown the world into a crisis with her ineptitude and corrupt manners.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by chucky234(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

Ediot, is the Benin -Ore road a New project Dr Iweala was referring to . .are you this daft that simple senteces ellude you . . that road is even 80% complete . .a huge improvement from the former state . .

You did feasibility studies in 3 states for 2 weeks, when we are talking of serious projects that might involve[b] duration study. we are not talking about lowkey projects here [/b] . . . . . . . .am sure the two weeks included your writting a full report, submitting it to the regulatory agencies, receiving the review copy Abi undecided . . you are not talking to a novice dude . .

Below is what happens to huge designated government/parastatal/private projects =====>

Government places an advert for bids within a stipulated short period of time . .companies put in their bids matching their estimated view and cost . .

The company who then wins the contract approaches the Ministry of Environment seeking to carry out the statuotary EIA study to which permission will be granted . .After, which the Firm commences full EIA studies .

Dude, a thorough EIA study involves serious cost and no company will go ahead to carry out any study when they are not even sure of winning the contract . .Common sense 101

I doubt your an environmental consultant cos these things are basic knowledge . .

Again Iweala assertion that Feasibility studies slows down the instant take off of new projects still stands

Keywords =====> New budgeted projects

P:S ------> New projects for 2012 starts counting from April 1, 2012, . .Don't get it twisted...
I used Benin-Ore road an example you fool, that road was included in the 2011 and nothing was done till 2012. I drove on that road few days back on my way back from meeting in Benin and I can authoritatively say to your dumb ears that the road is in no where near 70% completion let alone your assumed 80%, have you ever see Environmental Impact Assesment report? In a road construction contract involving an existing roads there is certainly no need for EIA evaluation and I expected you to have asked yourself how many of such roads awarded to contrtactors are new roads. 90% of the roads under construction are already existing roads and that makes NOI's claim a faulty one to me, in a developing country like Nigeria you expect the govt to put in place that fast track the process of implementation and execution of projects awarded to contractors and should never stand as hinderance to budget implementation.

If the govt employ competent individuals who are professionals in the right places we would not spend several months on feasibility studies or EIA evaluation as the so called environment you refered to are familiar places that need to introduction to a professional on the field,its only in Nigeria that you have contracts/projects drag for years without completion even when the contract amount has been paid 100% to the contractors.
Something and everything is wrong with the govt and include the implementation of the said budget.

Few days back it was the issue of PIB implementation which the govt refused to implement until a cloned copy found its into circulation and you are giving such figure heads credit for implementing 56% of annual budget in the last week of July,guy wake up if you are sleeping.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by lookmangiw(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
ypzilanti:

Dude, you are supposed to do feasibility before you include an item in your budget. How do you come up with a figure if feasibility has not being done? Besides most of the budget is for ONGOING projects, so EIA is done already. Are all the projects in the budget new so called class A projects?
my friend, you better dont waste your sweat on this lunatic.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by lookmangiw(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: I think the greatest enemy of many Nairalanders is understanding of English, NOI Stated:
On the reports that the lower legislative chamber wants President Jonathan to implement the budget 100% before September or be impeached, she said that “there is nowhere in the country where budget is implemented 100% by September” insisting that from her experience the least any country has done is 80%.
She did not say the administration will execute 80%, she said the least they can do is 80%, meaning, they will certainly execute between 80% to 99% by September.
beaf( i know that you are, so dont argue it), this is the second budget from this current administration, did they even got up to 20% of implementation of the capital budget. This is a normal norms of this current administration, so i pray your paymaster got booted out by september 18.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by lookmangiw(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Why do you chose to insult my person when there is an issue to tackle constructively ? Are you suffering from ignoramus coccidioidomycosis ?
just like beaf, or should we just say that this guy is beaf.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
[size=14pt]The EIA Act gave the Federal Ministry of Environment the implementing mandate and requires that the process of EIA be mandatorily applied in all major development projects right from the planning stage to ensure that likely environmental 3 problems, including appropriate mitigation measures to address the inevitable consequences of development, are anticipated prior to project implementation and addressed throughout the project cycle.[/size]

http://www.man-greencourses.com/papers/paper6b.pdf

Definitely this happens even BEFORE PROJECT APPROVAL AND BUDGET ALLOCATED FOR THE PROJECT. I see no reason why we suddenly want to introduce the EIA process as an excuse for why she says Nigeria should not be expected to deliver 100%, when this issue is usually taken care of before a budget proposal is drafted, and then forwarded for approval.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by lookmangiw(m): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
wadoski: Fool why dont u leave this ur laptop nonsense and address the issues raised? The problem with folks like u is that to hide ur emptiness u resort to name calling.
and here comes another laptop. He was inducted into the PRO-GEJ laptop group on july 5,2012 by honourable and oga patapata beaf.lets name him laptop 41. Do all the member of the house agree.
Re: Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September by tosin2012: 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
God deliver us form our leaders. God bless Nigeria (Amen)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senators-elect Push For 2011 Rules To Pick Presiding Officers / Lagos Records 200 Motorcycle Accidents Monthly – Sanwo-Olu / EndSARS: Twitter Didn't Suspend My Account - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.