Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' (22127 Views)

There Shall Be Another Rematch Between I N My Bae's Friend Dis Week / The Real Difference Between 'i Like You' And 'i Love You' / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders,I greet y'all.

This question has been bothering me.I want to know the difference between 'I love you' and 'Am in love with you'.

Some people may argue that there is no difference but i believe there is. Now if you u think there is no difference,

state your reasons and if there is, explain the difference.

Over to you.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
The diffrnc_ "am"

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by jonath0012(m): 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Well, to me the statement 'i'm in luv wt u' sounds stronger and more serious than the statement 'i luv u'. However, one can say that there is no difference between them.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
chidyhels: The diffrnc_ "am"
are u kidding me? try again baby.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
jonath0012: Well, to me the statement 'i'm in luv wt u' sounds stronger and more serious than the statement 'i luv u'. However, one can say that there is no difference between them.
'sounds stronger' not so satisfied..thanks for ur reply
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
Kk,it takes both parties 2 say am in love(u must be convincd that d feelin is mutual),bt it takes only one person 2 say i love you(ur stil nt aware of the oda persn's stand_jst like saying_i love u talk your own)

7 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
chidyhels: Kk,it takes both parties 2 say am in love(u must be convincd that d feelin is mutual),bt it takes only one person 2 say i love you(ur stil nt aware of the oda persn's stand_jst like saying_i love u talk your own)
haha...funny u..so u mean i cant tell a girl 'am in love with u' even if she doesnt feel anything for me. I should say 'i love you'??
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
I'm in love with you is the attraction + infatuation phase. Could also be used when conversing with friends about your new found love, i.e. "I'm in love" "I think I'm in love with him/her" "I've fallen in love with you" "I've fallen in love with him/her" . . . It's love in progress, Not solidified yet since you can as well fall "out" of that love. . .

"I Love you" is when you have fully accepted the individual, warts and all.

12 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
Emmy9ite: haha...funny u..so u mean i cant tell a girl 'am in love with u' even if she doesnt feel anything for me. I should say 'i love you'??
Hw wil u say 'am in love' without getting a yes frm her,its beter you jst say i love you,then wait 4 her reply,if she sayz yes,den u can nw celebrate 'am in love'....shey na u dey find diffrnc na?
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
sexkillz: I'm in love with you is the attraction + infatuation phase. Could also be used when conversing with friends about your new found love, i.e. "I'm in love" "I think I'm in love with him/her" "I've fallen in love with you" "I've fallen in love with him/her" . . . It's love in progress, Not solidified yet since you can as well fall "out" of that love. . .

"I Love you" is when you have fully accepted the individual, warts and all.
thanks bro.....my dear chidyhels is saying u start wif 'i love you',when she agrees then u twist her brain with 'am in love with u' but from ur post,u are saying 'am in love with u' comes first before backing it up with 'i love u'...what points do u have to make her go with u??
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
chidyhels:
Hw wil u say 'am in love' without getting a yes frm her,its beter you jst say i love you,then wait 4 her reply,if she sayz yes,den u can nw celebrate 'am in love'....shey na u dey find diffrnc na?

Emmy9ite: am in love with you dear
Chidyhels: For what! Start from 'i love you'

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by engrtee(f): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
Am in love is more romantic. B/w two people u want to or already in a relationship with. .when u are in love, U want to have her sexualy.

I love u is general. Its a feeling of afection . You can love footbal, nigeria etc.

Difrence is that u can love ur sister but cant be in love wit ur sister(except u want to seex her)
u can both love and be in love wit ur galfrend

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
engrtee: Am in love is more romantic. B/w two people u want to or already in a relationship with. .when u are in love, U want to have her sexualy.

I love u is general. Its a feeling of afection . You can love footbal, nigeria etc.

Difrence is that u can love ur sister but cant be in love wit ur sister(except u want to seex her)
u can both love and be in love wit ur galfrend
Hmmmm...i like the last example cited...let me hear from other nairalanders smiley

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by pendo89(f): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
one is felt the other is said.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by slimyemm: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
pendo89: one is felt the other is said.
bingo!cheesy
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2012
pendo89: one is felt the other is said.
Interesting! can u explain further?
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by tellwisdom: 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Guy go sleep jor angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 4:10am On Jul 29, 2012
I really dont know.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 29, 2012
Someone you love may not love you back but someone you`re in love with reciprocates in every way.
Hope i`m right. grin

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 29, 2012
^^^ Seems there are different interpretations and none could really be wrong... unless there is some dictionary definition smiley
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 4:33am On Jul 29, 2012
^^^ I guess so.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 29, 2012
I Love You: I'd like to sleep with you.

I'm In Love With You: I have tasted you, enjoyed you, and would like to continue.

11 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 6:55am On Jul 29, 2012
talina: ^^^ Seems there are different interpretations and none could really be wrong... unless there is some dictionary definition smiley
what is ur own interpretation? make everyone believe ur own is the best.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2012
omo_to_dun: I Love You: I'd like to sleep with you.

I'm In Love With You: I have tasted you, enjoyed you, and would like to continue.
BADT GUY!! I swear ur own make brain die bt i can tell my girl 'i love you' even if i don bleep her.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by cindyrella(f): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2012
talina: I really dont know.
Me too embarassed
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 9:32am On Jul 29, 2012
cindyrella:
Me too embarassed
awwwww..i dont believe that..say something dear.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by mimibets(f): 11:10am On Jul 29, 2012
Think it has to do with timing,u meet a girl and u discover u rather be with her than anyone,u tell her u r in love with her.sometimes,u don't need to tell,within u know u are in love with someone.Afterwards,i love you comes in coz u can't wake up everyday telling ur wife or girlfriend 'am in love with u',think 'i love u' is more convenient.IMO.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by engrtee(f): 11:51am On Jul 29, 2012
THIS IS THE DIFRENCE

talina
i love u

cindyrella
am in love with u

am in love wit u
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by paveinc(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
dont see any difference
grin
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
Thanks so much guys for the response.......the thread is not closed yet,ur answers are still welcomed.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by MMM2(m): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
I love u is used d 1st time u are begging a lady 4 sex

Am in love with u is used d 2nd time or next time when u come 4 d 2nd missionary journey & she is been stingy with her punny.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Gudintent: 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
~ Love wan tin tin loff wan tin tin ~. That kain love be I loff u with condition.

The one wey dem talk say I'm in love wit u na d one wey no get condition, say regardless of who u be dem still loff u. That kain loff wey u no fit place a hand on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Women Want In A Man / Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? / Types Of Friends Essential For Every Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.