Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' (22142 Views)

There Shall Be Another Rematch Between I N My Bae's Friend Dis Week / The Real Difference Between 'i Like You' And 'i Love You' / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by tonyx4x44(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
what is the difference between fufu and akpu?
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by surgicalblade: 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
[quote author=Billyonaire]I love you = can we knack ?
Am in love with you = (usually after the knacking) I wanna keep you, you are sweet.[/quoteThis is permutation and combinaation love equation GBAM undecided
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by ronkebp(f): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
You can love as many people you choose to love, but you can only truely be 'inlove" with one person, that special person that you see in others, that person that you still love against all odds, the person you can never ever forget.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by ayox2003: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
Its so sad that the word "Love" has been bastardized!
"I'm in love" is a moving phase;
"I love you" is the destination.
The former precedes the latter.

Frawzey.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by freecocoa(f): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
"I'm in love with you" is a phrase that should be used for someone whom you have romantic feelings for while "I love you" can be used for everyone.undecided
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by ayox2003: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
ronkebp: You can love as many people you choose to love, but you can only truely be 'inlove" with one person, that special person that you see in others, that person that you still love against all odds, the person you can never ever forget.

I think the OP assumes we are talking to somebody here. You may want to re-define it based on one person.

Frawzey.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Kk4(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
You can tell your mom 'I love u' but u can't tell her the later.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by 1025: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
i love u means i(1025) loves a babe and wants to run things with her while am in love with u means am already inside. do u get that?
u are already inside her love. the love wey dey inside her na where i dey if i say am in love with her.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by klaus3011(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
joanana:

hahahhahahahahaha Nl Bad Guy!!!!!! smh! grin grin grin grin grin grin

na wa ooohhhh,how can you be shaking your head(smh)..and be opening ur teeth at the same time( grin)...
#justwondering
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by ronkebp(f): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
ayox2003:

I think the OP assumes we are talking to somebody here. You may want to re-define it based on one person.

Frawzey.

read it again, you will understand it better! wink wink
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
The difference between i love you and i am in love with you is that "Love" is unconditional like you can love your mom, dad, little brother, sisters, cousins, bestfriends e.t.c. But being "In love" with someone means that you really didn't love the person at first, but you are starting to love them now or you are already loving them. Does that make sense??
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by chmod777: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
I love my Son, my daughter, my mama, my teacher, my pastor.
BUT I am inlove with Ngozi,Lizzy, Larry.

They mean different things.
Context matters

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by itoldu: 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
its simple; you say "i love you" when its all about sex, you say "am in love with you" when sex aint the number 1 priority
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by mwise(m): 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
I LOVE U, IS LETS DO IT.
AND AM IN LOVE, IS I LIKE HOW U DO IT grin cheesy
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by smsmoney(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
sexkillz: I'm in love with you is the attraction + infatuation phase. Could also be used when conversing with friends about your new found love, i.e. "I'm in love" "I think I'm in love with him/her" "I've fallen in love with you" "I've fallen in love with him/her" . . . It's love in progress, Not solidified yet since you can as well fall "out" of that love. . .

"I Love you" is when you have fully accepted the individual, warts and all.

THANKS EXACTLY MY THOUGHT
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by danieldrake14: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
i love u is a feeling why am in love with u is an emotion
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by itoldu: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
danieldrake14: i love u is a feeling why am in love with u is an emotion
And you bear two english names.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
Thanks so much buddies! I'm impressed!
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
Billyonaire: I love you = can we knack ?
Am in love with you = (usually after the knacking) I wanna keep you, you are sweet.
hoho cheesygrin cheesy
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Luklaw: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
Why are we disturbing ourselves searching Sokoto(state) when what we need is right in our sokoto(pocket)? Here there are two statements involved: i love you and i'm in love with you. The love (which is the key word) in former is a VERB while the one in latter is a NOUN. That is a difference there. And noun and verb are a two different element of parts of speech, though they complement each other. Therefore, the two statements are different, yet they complement each other as both are being used by guys and ladies at diferent time in a relationship. Simple.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
omo_to_dun: I Love You: I'd like to sleep with you.

I'm In Love With You: I have tasted you, enjoyed you, and would like to continue.

I second this as it seems to be the real answer.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by ezesun(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
As for me, the difference btw 'i luv u' and 'am in luv wt u' can be slated as
We all agree dat, i love u doesn't mean a real relationship in the real sence. Since one can tell his brother, friends, palz, peeps etc that i love u, thus, it doesn't display any attractive motion. I luv u, to some ppl is lyk meaning like sm1. As 4 me, i luv all! I luv u also meaning 'i want to have a conversatn wt sm1' if we think wel
While
Am in luv with u can be meaning that u're interestn in him or her and u want to av a serious relationship. You can't say that, 'am in luv with my brother's wife', if u say that, ur brother can......
Therefore, if i want to have a serious relationship with a girl, i can rather says 'am in luv with her', but who is that person, nairalanders?
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva: - I love you - I personally love you but i don't know if you love me

- Am in love with you - We ar in the love ish together
do u know i can say 'am so in love with these shoes' does that mean the shoes love me too

Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by AdeniyiA(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
'i love you'. 'you' here may b passive n unpredictbl. we only kno who we luv bt we dont kno who loves us - d human heart is unpredictbl &is deeper dn d deepest tn u cud imagine. d sentenc is subjectiv. while in
'am in love with you'. d 'with' here introduces pluralistic approach in dt d other party has openly n TRULY professed his/her love to you,also if both of you ar married. d sentence is bth subjectiv n objectiv.
also u can luv evrybdy bt cannot b in luv wt evrybody or evrybdy b in luv wt u or luv u
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by 2sa2: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
pls nairalanders, what is the meaning of 'IMAO'?? wait... no insults, i'v gat zero tolerance for insults.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by AdeniyiA(m): 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
Emmy9ite: do u know i can say 'am so in love with these shoes' does that mean the shoes love me too

if my sec sch engl teacher was right, u dont profess luv for inanimate objects like d shoes u stated
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Afam4eva(m): 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Emmy9ite: do u know i can say 'am so in love with these shoes' does that mean the shoes love me too

We're talking of human beings here and not inanimate objects.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Emmy9ite(m): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva:
We're talking of human beings here and not inanimate objects.
i hear,oya go back to ur garri. grin grin
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by acemmy(m): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
What I think about this issue is this ooo guysss... I love u can be said to any1,includin ur femaLe frnds but Am in love wit u can be said only to 1 special 1. Mayb sum guys wey get more than 1. U guys know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't you?
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by Ezeufi: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
Emmy9ite: Fellow Nairalanders,I greet y'all.

This question has been bothering me.I want to know the difference between 'I love you' and 'Am in love with you'.

Some people may argue that there is no difference but i believe there is. Now if you u think there is no difference,

state your reasons and if there is, explain the difference.

Over to you.

And it will continue to bother you until the day you start thing of love in your own language.
Re: Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You' by greatgod2012(f): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
nairalanders are intelligent sha, see how N/landers break this jamb question into piecces, abeg, all of una, clap for yourselves.
UP NAIRALANDERS!!!!!!!!
I'm proud i'm one of u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Guys With Big Heads More Attractive? / Why Do You Love Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend? / Types Of Friends Essential For Every Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.